You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Difficult Year

Real Ghost Stories

Difficult Year

 

Empath / Sensitivity Warning. Mediums, be warned

This year shaped up to be another tough one. And due to the fact that there is an exorbitant amount of stress in our lives, our "spirit family" seem to be dialing things back. Although things still do happen.

In February of this year (the 7th to be exact) my little sister was in a 9 hour surgery to remove a brain tumour. The doctor was so worried about the size and position of it that he was adamant he needed to get in to her head and see what they were dealing with. We sat in the waiting room the entire day. Moving around when getting tired of just sitting, I constantly felt either a hand on my shoulder, which means I could feel a body behind me as well, or fingers in my hair when I was sitting down. Exactly as I am feeling right now as I type. The day she called and told me they had discovered this tumour, I was crushed. She kept telling me not to get too worried and that we don't know how bad it is yet, so I shouldn't stress. But I could hear the fear in her voice. In the 2 weeks leading up to the surgery we spent as much time with her as we could. Even if it meant just sitting together on the couch. She would be sitting with her head on my shoulder, and she would start to shake as she cried. And I cried with her. I felt her fear, especially when she looked at her 6 month old baby, and was unsure of what was going to happen. And every time we sat like that there would be arms around my shoulders. I would feel the pressure of an unseen loved one like they were seated behind me, holding on to me like I was holding on to her. I know it must be so difficult for them to not be able to break through to my sister or my mom, but I always know when they are there.

When she was out of surgery and in the ICU, the doctor told us we had to take turns, making sure we kept waking her up, asking her questions. We needed to make sure she could communicate, and that she remembered. My first turn to go in to the ICU I got to the door and for a moment didn't think I had the courage to go in. I had my hand on the handle of the door, trying to find courage, and then an unseen hand covered mine, and squeezed, and I opened the door. Seeing her like that was a shock, I fought back my tears the whole time. Every time it felt like I was going to give in I would feel the fingers in my hair. I asked her random questions and she would answer as the sedatives threatened to pull her back to unconsciousness. And I leaned in close to her ear and asked her "What is your beautiful baby's name?" she actually smiled and answered me.

Her recovery was slow and there are still problems that they are working through. The tumour was something that this neuro surgeon, and 2 other specialists in the field had never seen before. And it was so deeply imbedded they could only remove about 70% of it.

Moving past this time, I became more and more aware of the fact that gran Monta (the spirit of my mom's mom) would be constantly knocking on the fridge. At all hours. And as February wore on, the knocking increased. Tim kept asking me what was wrong and I never could figure out what had her so worked up. She didn't communicate with Tim. Charlie was constantly around me, touching my hair and making sure I knew he was there.

I had to take my son, T, to see a lung specialist on 7 March, as he had been exposed to someone with TB and due to his history I was terrified. The doctor did the exam and then told me that T was way too sick to go home. He immediately had him hospitalised. Whilst going through the exam the doctor asked me to tell him about T's history. I decided to tell him about everything that was bothering me. From the fact that his lungs were so bad, to the fact that there had to be some major problems with his digestive system, and for the latter problem I had taken him to 6 specialists, not 1 doctor could give me any reason as to why he had such a hard time with his tummy. I thought that this doctor was not going to give his stomach the full attention it needed, but I decided to just wait and see. Once the admin was done and he was in his isolation room, the doctor came and. He looked me square in the face and started asking me very specific questions about T's stomach issues. And I could answer every single question. Afterward he sighed and told me that he was sorry but he would be testing for Cystic Fibrosis. Since T had ended up in a 32 day come at the age of 15 months, I had been told about CF and the severity of the disease. But he was tested at that age and the tests had come back negative. Since CF is a genetic disease you are born with it.

The doctor ran every test he could to make sure he had an accurate diagnosis. And 2 weeks in to his hospitalization we got the final results. The sodium levels in his sweat were off the charts, and the blood panels and gene testing verified that he does, in fact, have CF.

They did a CT on his chest and the doctor said to me "This little boy has been to heaven and back at least a 100 times in his 9 years of life. From what I have seen of the damage in his lungs, he should not have the ability to breathe on his own". He takes a side plate full of pills every day, and he needs to be nebulized and get physio every day. I sit with him when he is on the neb, and he looks so tired and so small, and I get overwhelmed by fear. The fear of losing him, not knowing what the future is going to hold. I have cried a lot this year. And every time it feels like the pressure of all of this is going to knock me down, I get a nudge, or a tickle, or a knock on the fridge to remind me that I am not alone in this.

Due to all the stress I have been sick this entire winter. To the point where, 3 weeks ago I was hyperventilating and feeling like I was going to pass out from the pain in my chest. Only to be told that my blood pressure was 180/110. That night I was asleep and I was woken up by 2 things. One, I had a very clear feeling of a hand hitting me right between my shoulder blades (Charlie), hard enough that I noticed the second thing, I gasped for air, I had stopped breathing and Charlie had saved my life. Earlier this very day Tim and Elaine had been visiting and we had been sitting in the lounge when T came to me and told me that a picture had fallen off of a shelf. This shelf is nearly 6 feet high. There was no breeze coming through at all, and the picture just fell. Tim went to pick it up, it was a picture of T. Tim told me that Adam did it, as he was very aggravated and Tim was battling to understand why. I now think it had to do with what happened in my sleep.

Other hauntings by triden07

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Africa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, triden07, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

triden07 (70 stories) (279 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2016-10-25)
Dear myst, logan, Valkricry, RedWolf
Thank you so much for the kind words. It is a very tough road to travel, but I need to be strong for my boys. My sister and her family are moving to Dubai by end November, so that is going to be difficult as well.
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2016-10-24)
triden07

I'm sorry for all you are going through. I'm glad you have family,friends,and Y.G.S. For support.
Lot's of prayers and huggs to you and your family.

Regards
Red
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+1
7 years ago (2016-10-24)
Oh, Triden,
Although you and I have spoken about this, it still makes me ache.
Sending you many prayers and healing thoughts.
logan (3 stories) (222 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2016-10-24)
triden07,

I am very sorry to hear you are having a very bad year. I hope things turn around for you, T, your little sister and the whole family.

You are very brave and I am positive your family take a lot of courage from how strong you are. Hang in there, there is always light at the end of the tunnel and I have faith things will be better. Thinking of you and your family.

Regards,
Logan
Myst (63 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2016-10-24)
Sending positive energy and peace to you and your family.
Blessed be.
triden07 (70 stories) (279 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2016-10-24)
Thanks so much Spockie

Dearest Fergie
I honestly don't know how I manage to get up every day. Our visit to the CF clinic last month heralded bad news, T now has a Staph infection in his lungs, which is anti biotic resistant and a very large cause of death in CF patients, especially with lungs as weak as T's. I keep thinking to myself, if things are so hard for me, how does my little boy keep a smile on his face every day? He is the one suffering. H has such a tiny heart, he worries about everyone, especially me and T. So he has gone in to protective mode with T. He watches that T takes his meds and is put on the nebuliser when he should be. Poor baby cries about him a lot.

I started working out a lot again (5 times a week at least) and it's really boosting my health. On immune boosters and vitamins for good measure. At least the blood pressure spike was temporary.

Thank you so much for the prayers, people close to home have done that too. The moment T was diagnosed my sister went on to our local facebook page and asked parents who are dealing with CF if we could set up sort of a support group. In our area there are 6 kids with CF, and 1 adult. The mom that started the group lost her 11 year old to CF last year, but she stays active in the groups.
Spockie (8 stories) (203 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2016-10-23)
I just wanted to say how sorry I am for all the trouble and sorrow you have gone through this year, and I hope and pray better days will be coming to you soon.
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
+3
7 years ago (2016-10-23)
Dear triden,
I am so sorry to hear of all your worries this year. It is wonderful to know that you have your spiritual family and friends at hand to comfort and guide you. No, you are not alone.

Your nerves must be worn to a frazzle by now, I know mine would be. Troubles like these are apt to wear one down, mentally and physically. I hope you have resorted to taking a good immune booster; T needs you to be in good health.
BTW, how is H taking his twin's illness?

I have added your sister and little T to my prayer list; and you too, for strength.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: