You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Spirits In Our Home

Real Ghost Stories

Spirits In Our Home

 

This is probably a pretty common story for this site, but not for us. I'll try to be as specific as I can, but most of this is about my wife's experience (s), and she just doesn't want to talk about it or relate to this site. Not because she doesn't believe in the spirit world, she just believes that the spirits get stronger the more you talk about them. Me, I understand that there are spirits/ghosts, I just don't get it, how can they be in our home? We are the second owners of this home. As far as we know, nobody has died here. We didn't invite them in, and according to my wife, they are not relatives.

We are both in our fifties and have been married for 40 years. We love each other very much and we communicate well how we feel and what's going on in our lives. We have three grown boys, the oldest just turned forty. They struggle with staying employed/ making an income. Other than that, they are good kids.

My wife, I'll call her Erin, tells me that she's seen two spirits, both male and young. Erin is one that sees spirits, I don't. I can kind of feel them, but I don't see as she does. She tells me one is a fairly good looking white male in his maybe early thirty's or late twenty's with light colored hair. The other is a dark haired male, kind of gruff and a little older. They seem to bother her at night and only when we are in bed. By bother, I mean touching/poking her, or playing with her hair, or blowing in her ear. This is what she tells me. Erin really doesn't like to talk about her experiences, especially in our home, she thinks they get stronger when we talk about them. Stronger as in more open, more apt to do stuff.

It took a lot for Erin to open up to me and tell me what was going on. I mean she would say, "Ben, I need to talk, but not here." And when we were out of the house or on a drive, she would tell me of the things that were happening. Like I said, touching, messing with her hair, blowing in her ear. Just enough to let her know that someone was there.

So, lately I've had my own experiences. Once again, in bed, just going to sleep. I feel someone poke me in the ribs, not hard, but a tickle, always a tickle with me. A poke in the side, and always the down side, next to the mattress. Just when I'm dosing off and in a dream world, not quite fully asleep, but not awake either. It's happened a few times and when it happens, I wake up. It dawns on me that this is real, and I say aloud STOP IT!, and it does, but what the heck is going on?

Erin tells me it only happens to her in bed, and me too.

Yes, I know it's a dull story, but Erin is really upset that this is happening and she is concerned that these spirits could get stronger and more bothersome. Me? It doesn't bother me as much, but when they bother my wife, it bothers me too. I've grown up around stuff like this. Big deal. But Erin is getting worried and that is what bothers me. I want to know how to communicate with these spirits, to maybe find out who this is, and tell them to leave her alone, because it bothers her a lot.

I can relate more if there is someone interested in helping. How can I find out who this s or what they want, or why they're here? This seems to be at an early stage of haunting and we don't want it to progress into something bigger.

If there is someone that can help, please advise, thanks.

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Oklahoma

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, BigBen2Mac, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2016-11-06)
Ah...WHAAAAAAT!?!?!? 😕 (In his best Minion's voice...)

"Dogs can see everything possible, but cannot tell if they're bad or good. They're going based off what they look like. Cats are the only animals that can actually tell the difference between bad and okay spirits."

With all of my experience I still trust an animals reaction to individuals (living or dead) to help guide me towards their intent. ANIMALS, not just cat's have better senses than Humans and its my personal belief that ALL of them can help determine if a spirit is good/evil or indifferent.

For the O/P...

Historic Research of the Property is a good place to begin, as well as keeping a Journal of the experiences you are having. You may also want to have someone come to your home and do a base level EMF reading... Higher levels of EMF can make a sensitive person 'feel' like something 'paranormal' is happening... On the flip side of that electrical equipment that puts off high levels of EMF MAY, just May attract in spirits. So its good to know where (if any) 'hot spots' are in your home.

I have a Cleansing/Shielding method posted on my profile (about 1/3 of the way down) feel free to check it out and please feel free to as any questions you may have.

Respectfully,

Rook
Jessicqqqq (5 stories) (56 posts)
-2
7 years ago (2016-11-06)
If you tell them to leave, most of the time they end up leaving. Sometimes it won't be immediately but they will. Unless it's demonic. Then they'll love to mess with you. If your dogs are ignoring it, it's a good thing. Dogs can see everything possible, but cannot tell if they're bad or good. They're going based off what they look like. Cats are the only animals that can actually tell the difference between bad and okay spirits.
BigBen2Mac (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
7 years ago (2016-10-30)
I just don't get it. Last night I went to bed late, it was Saturday night and I stayed up late watching a movie. The wife was already in bed, but she had gotten up to go to the bathroom. She returned to bed and after about 3 or 4 minutes, was asleep again, or so I thought. The bed began shaking, shaking like someone with a nervous leg. It kept shaking for quite a while. I thought maybe Erin was still awake and just moving her leg. I didn't say anything and I really wasn't scared, just curious, again. I felt like saying aloud, "OK I acknowledge your presence, now will you please stop and let us sleep".
I didn't say anything because if Erin was asleep, I didn't want to wake her or scare her. It was just too late, around 1 am, to cause any trouble that would keep us awake. We talked the next day and I mentioned the bed shaking. She said she was asleep and didn't know what had happened.
I would like so much to get to the bottom of this. Who are they and what do they want? Erin says it's the same two guys or spirits or whatever. They come visit her every now and then.
I suppose if that happens again, the bed thing, I'll tell them what I said. We're not scared now but very curious. We don't want to run them off, yet anyways. I want them to communicate. They've been here for quite a while, so it seems as though they either want to tell us something, or they just like it here.
The bed shaking is pretty powerful. I mean the best they've done so far is turn the tv off. To make the whole king size bed shake... I just hope I'm not asking for trouble allowing them to hang around. So far, they've respected our demands, they stop playing with the tv when we told them to. They/he stops poking me when I say to. They leave the wife alone when she says. I just wish I knew for sure what they were and what they wanted.
BigBen2Mac (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
7 years ago (2016-10-25)
Thanks Jessicqqqq for your comments. I think I'm glad I don't see spirit just yet. I may have to change my breeches if that happens, lol.
Just an update from yesterday, I've talked with Erin and believe it or not, she's now ok with the spirits we have (right now). The spirits seem to listen when she tells them to stop being pests, nudging or poking her, tickling me, or even turning off the tv. It seems they just want to let us know that they are here.
I'm still curious as to what they may want. I might try to communicate in some ways to see if I can get a response. Erin said one, the dark haired one, was playing with what seemed like a tv remote. She could see a red light blinking on and off. Maybe they are as curious as I am.
I used to think my dogs would alert to them. They don't seem to know the spirits are around, or maybe it's so natural to them they pay them no mind.
Jessi, you mentioned high energy. My wife does get high strung at times. I tried to explain to her that maybe she was causing them to be around. I guess I didn't communicate that very well and she thought I was saying the spirits were "all in her head", and that she was crazy. No, I think they may be attracted to her because of that energy.
I'll sign off for now, thanks to all for reading and sharing. I find this very interesting and I'll try to keep everyone informed.
Jessicqqqq (5 stories) (56 posts)
 
7 years ago (2016-10-25)
I've been dealing and trying to understand the spirit world for years now. I see them all the time. They tend to not stay though. It may be a new home but keep in mind that people might have lived in the area you live in for hundreds of years and just had the tents or houses knocked down. People have been living in your state since 1907 and probably before. Ghosts just walk by. It doesn't matter when, but they're always passing by. They'll walk through walls and just keep walking. I've seen one get stuck in a wall (it was kind of funny because after 5 minutes he gave up and just went out). I've even seen demons keep walking as well. You're not supposed to give them attention, because that's when they won't leave you alone. It's not really scary, more annoying than anything. Especially those who speak to you. Because they won't stop no matter where you're at. Anyway, sometimes they just find a place that they like. They like being noticed and find comfort from it. Plus if there's a lot of energy from the two of you (mad, sad, even happy) it'll draw that attention. Ghosts can even be old relatives that have passed. I've seen my grandparents who have never even been to my apartment before in my apartment. There's things that can get rid of them. Sage is amazing! It gets rid of the bad ones, but the none harmful ones do stay. Just know that there's usually always something walking by and it can be that simple. Especially from 3 AM to 5 AM. They like to travel when others are asleep. I'll come home at 4 am some days and see 12 in one room!
BigBen2Mac (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
7 years ago (2016-10-24)
Hi all and thanks to each of you for your responses. I'll try and update and answer questions.
Since I wrote this story, Erin and I have been discussing this situation. She used to believe that any spirit was "bad", as in evil. I think she's learning it's not so from these two that have been visiting us. Once we both got over the fear of having spirits and we settled down, it's just not scaring us any more. I'm curious now as to why they are here. The pestering is still going on. Even last night, I had just dosed off, kind of half asleep, and I here Erin say, " now you stop it! I'm trying to go to sleep and you are bothering me! That's enough!" Along those lines...
Today, I asked her what happened last night. She said he was playing with her cheeks, like you would play with a baby. And then diddled her lips, she added the sound effects. We both laughed about it.
It got me to thinking that maybe this spirit is trying to reveal who he is. I wish we knew a good way to communicate clearly to him/them, so we could find out why they are here and what it is they want. I don't believe they are here to scare us. Are they trying to tell us something?
To answer some questions, we've been living here for about twelve years now. The land, way back, used to be a ranch or farm on around a quarter section. Around thirty or so years ago, the owner divided the land up in five acre tracts and sold them off. Our neighborhood consists of thirteen, five acre tracts, all with homes. We are surrounded by ranches with some houses to the south. If I was an Indian living around a hundred or so years ago, this area would be a perfect place to live. There's a flowing, spring fed creek nearby and hills and plenty of trees and wildlife. Folks that come and visit me remark on how peaceful it is here. We love it!
My neighbor told me of seeing an Indian spirit he saw on his property, in traditional dress. They acknowledged each other and the Indian turned and disappeared. Wow!
I do believe these spirits are somehow attached to Erin, as they don't seem interested in getting my attention. Erin has become more at ease with them and doesn't seem to be as bothered by their presence. (Unless it's bath time) That makes her uneasy. She usually waits until I'm home from work to take a shower.
She told them a few days ago to stop bothering her and things quieted down for a while. Last night was the first time in a few days that they made themselves known.
I need to talk more with Erin about what she would like done about this situation. She's starting to open up more about her "visits". It used to be she Would Not talk about it. I'm giving her time to talk this through at her pace.
Me, I'm thinking these spirits are attached to her and are here for a reason. I would like to know a good way to communicate with them, something Erin could do. Talk out loud to them? Write a letter and leave it out somewhere?
I'm just not ready to tell them to leave, and I'll ask her how she feels about it.
Since my first writing back in September, when Erin was just scared and wanting them gone, I believe we've both had a change of heart. They don't seem to just want to scare us, but want to get our attention. As though they are saying,
"hey, we're here!" But what do they want?
I've got to go for now, but I'll check back soon. Thanks again all and I hope this information helps.
earthangel67 (4 stories) (22 posts)
+3
7 years ago (2016-10-24)
BigBen2Mac, It would seem that your wife is "sensitive", thus having the ability to see your visitors. Spirit doesn't just appear where a person has died, they will also connect with a person, so activity can be experienced anywhere that person is. Now with regards making the spirit (s) stronger by talking about them, from my own teachings, this isn't strictly the case. Like attracts like, you get back what you give out, are basic tenets of the spirit realm. Very basically put, if you have fear, then likely the spirit will try to scare you and it would seem that you both harbour a bit of fear about this situation. Simply put, spirit will feed on that negative energy and give you back negativity. If these spirits are indeed ghosts, then Rook's cleansing methods will do the trick, however, if these spirits are connected to your wife, there is a possibility they are guides, in which case, your wife can tell them they are not needed, thank them and send them on with peace. My father used this method when he first began spiritual healing. He heard so many voices at once, that he felt as though he were going mad. In meditation, he asked for it to stop, which it did. I wish your wife well and hope that she can learn to embrace her ability, not fear it.
Enlightened1959 (8 stories) (118 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2016-10-23)
My family and I have had multiple issues with this type of thing. One of our worst experiences was in a town called Bethany, Oklahoma. It's near Oklahoma City so whenever I see a story from Oklahoma, I am compelled to read it.

The house in Bethany was the worst I've ever lived in. Lights would go on and off by themselves, the oven rack rattled up and down INSIDE the oven when we were all in bed, my husband, daughter and I all saw a somewhat transparent being walk down our hallway, we would hear something drag what sounded like a finger nail along the living room wall until it reached our coach where we were sitting and my dad even got slapped in the face hard while he was trying to take a quick nap. One thing I learned AFTER we moved out was that we who are alive and living in the flesh, have authority over the non living. I would not talk to it AT ALL. I would rebuke it in the name of Jesus and command it to leave! If these entities are bothering your wife, than they are not being playful or just seeking attention, they can potentially get harmful. That's just my opinion. If it gets worse, get a priest or preacher in there to cleanse your home.
DandK (11 stories) (344 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-10-23)
BigBen2Mac, how long have you lived in this home and how long has this been happening? Are these the only experiences you or your wife have had there?
Darkangel73 (4 stories) (127 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-10-22)
It may be something attached to the land. Try to dig up some history on the property, before the house was built. RCRuskin said the previous owners could invited them in unknowingly. Does you wife recognize the two spirits? Could it possibly be deceased family members?
RCRuskin (9 stories) (817 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-10-22)
Welcome to the site.

Given that there are spirits all around us, I don't think you need to do anything specific for them to be in your home. That can happen, in ways you don't expect, of course. And it may be that the previous owners invited them unintentionally or otherwise.

I suppose it is possible for speaking about spirits to make them stronger, but in my experience, and from what I've read, there are other ways for them to grow in strength.

I suggest having a priest/minister/rabbi/imam or other appropriate person according to your faith bless your house. There's also Rook's appropriate cleansing ritual to help purge these spirits, assuming they are unwanted.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: