You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: The Gift Of Knowing There Is An Afterlife

Real Ghost Stories

The Gift Of Knowing There Is An Afterlife

 

My True Story. I have experienced five supernatural events through the power of The Supreme Source, not sure if I should say through the power of God so I chose the Supreme Source. I think you will understand why. The first event is probably the easiest one for me to convey. If you can come to grips with the fact this happened when I was five years old and this story could not have been concocted by a five-year-old then you can start to believe the story might be true. The story contains absolutely no poetic license whatsoever. I have not fabricated one iota of the story but in the final analysis, I do realize, I am the only person that really knows 100% the story is true. I will point out there is a lot to the story that I have left out because of my more than poor writing skills.

The first event.

My brother Richard (age 6) and I (age 5) were at Mrs. Frew's house, she was our babysitter. On this particular day, three of Mrs. Frew's teenage children were home. Kenneth 19, Bruce 16 or 17 and Ruth Eileen had just turned a teenager, she was 13. The three teenagers were in the kitchen with my brother and I having a little chit chat. Mrs. Frew was in an adjoining room ironing, I think. Kenneth and Bruce had just told us they had built a roller-coaster with their dad, I think the father was an engineer. Anyway to a 5 and 6-year-old a roller-coaster was pretty exciting stuff so we ask if we could see it. They said sure so off we went.

Out the kitchen door onto a 4 x 6-foot landing that was say, 10 to 12 feet off the ground. To our left, the stairs lead to the ground level and back yard. To are right and straight ahead was a 4-foot high railing. Down the stairs and 20 yards ahead of us, there it was. When I got to the coaster I knelt down along the front right side of the coaster, Richard stood to my left, Bruce was directly across from me, Kenneth was to the right of Bruce and Ruth Eileen was standing at the rear of the coaster. The coaster was covered in sheet metal. I stood up and looked inside, it had a bench seat and a big black steering wheel. I knelt back down and stared at it in awe. This was a great coaster.

Mrs. Frew called out to Kenneth to come down to the side of the house and help her get the garden hose. Their father mounted the hose reel so high it was difficult for Mrs. Frew to reach the hose. Kenneth went off to help his mother while we continued to look over the coaster. 1 or 2 minutes later we heard Mrs. Frew shouting something, then she started screaming. Bruce and Ruth Eileen immediately ran down to the house to see what was wrong Richard and I were close behind. We saw them walk around to the back of the stairs. As I reached the back of the staircase I found myself standing at Kenneth's feet. He was laying on the ground and he wasn't moving. He had fallen from the landing, broke his neck and died instantly. All I really understood at the time was something was terribly wrong. I looked at Bruce and Ruth Eileen they were crying. Then I looked up at Mrs. Frew and she was crying. So I sensed something was very wrong.

The next thing I knew I was up in the air. Looking down at all of us myself included. I was looking at all of us from a height of about 20 to 25 feet. I remember I was okay, calm, secure and I felt no fear from the situation. A spirit/entity began communicating with me. First, he or she explained where he or she was relative to my position. The entity was just behind me and off to my left. I was given no verbal information... I just instantly knew. Then the entity said: this is word verbatim, I want to ask you a question but you do not understand what death is about. I received the words but heard no sound. Instantly the entity gave me knowledge about death and then asked: Would you like him to live? Again this was word verbatim but no sound. So I thought Bruce and Ruth Eileen were crying and Mrs. Frew she was crying. Given the knowledge I had just received I replied: Yes. Then the entity said; "All your questions will be answered when you die" (again word verbatim). I was a five-year-old child and did not have a clue what that meant. And this time, the entity gave me no information to allow me to understand he /she had just said.

Then I was back in the kitchen again. Where I was fifteen minutes earlier. We were all there including Kenneth. And the entity, who was now directly behind me, explained, in an instant, with absolute clarity (to a five-year-old); the last period of time is being repeated you must do exactly as you had previously (no words just clear knowledge of what I needed to do). So I did everything as I had done before. I mean everything. Every little smile, every question, every ooh and awe. When we got to the coaster I knelt where I had before. I stood up and looked inside the coaster then knelt back down. Mrs. Frew called Kenneth off he went. Then the entity told me to stand up and tell Bruce to go help Kenneth. I stood up looked at Bruce and said: Bruce you have got to go help, Kenneth. He turned and walked off towards the house. Bruce was 16 or 17 years old, I was only five. He didn't ask me why. He said nothing he just did as I requested. Again 1 or two minutes later we could hear Mrs. Frew yelling something so Ruth Eileen, who was still with us, quickly made her way to the house. And Richard and I followed. When I got within 10 feet of the stairs the entity left me and I began to wonder if I might have done something wrong. I felt I might be in some trouble.

Then Mrs. Frew walked up to me and said: Rudy the kids told me you knew this was going to happen. How did you know? Well, at that point I could not talk. And even if I could. How would a five-year-old child explain what just happened? Yes, Kenneth did fall but Bruce was standing below and cushioned his fall. So he was not injured

The greatest part of this story you might have already guessed. Was the statement: "All your questions will be answered when you die". Naturally, when I was much older I realized this Spirit/entity came from the supreme source and if all my questions are going to be answered when I die... There is an afterlife. He or she did not state who he or she was. But the power he or she displayed was God-Like. It is much easier for me to explain person to person level. Also, there were other things that happened in between these events that appear to be more than just coincidental.

There is so much more to tell. This story was my first event. The second event one I was 24 (or around that age). The next two I was age 60, 61 and the last one, so far, I was age 63/64. I believe at age 60 and 61 those two events gave me an indication as to what sort of power we may be given when we pass on to the afterlife. But this is pure speculation based on what happened during those two events. All 5 events are linked together. I hope you all get a chance to read my story. And I am open to any questions from you, your friends, acquaintances may have. Please be aware that I am a lousy writer.

My own personal note, the experiences of the events have lead me to an amazingly simple religious practice and that is: "Believe in God/A Supreme Source (in my case I already know) and practice The Golden Rule".

I hope you gain something from this story for yourself.

Cheers-Rudy Di Maggio

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Rudyd, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
7 years ago (2016-12-05)
Rudy,
The title of your experience grabbed me while scrolling through previous experiences posted here.

Then when I read a little further down and you wrote "Richard fell, broke his neck and died instantly my heart broke and my stomach fell"!

I took a second to gather my thoughts, even though I don't know you or your childhood friends personally it still hurt.

I continued reading and to my amazement it turned out he was OK.

I believe this entity, spirit knew exactly what he/she was doing coming to you at the age you were at that time.
Something very special about you specifically.

And for you to have other experiences that connect are amazing and can't wait to read those also.

This one is going into my favs, Thank you for sharing!

The supreme source/God has ways to show us things we have yet to understand!

Sincerely
Spiritwaiting
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
7 years ago (2016-10-30)
Rudy

I think that you had a premonition of events rather than lived the events of that day. That way you were able to tell Bruce to go help Kenneth. I say this because you were back in the kitchen fifteen minutes earlier. You were probably daydreaming until you got the premonition. I remember that when I was 5 time seemed to go slower and as I got older I couldn't figure out where the time went.

Don't get me wrong I do believe in what I call Supreme Being (s) that guide us and help us shape our lives and sometimes saves our lives.

Regards
Red
Larvae (4 posts)
 
7 years ago (2016-10-29)
Wow, please post the other four when you can. (and your writing skills are good had no problem reading this)
Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
 
7 years ago (2016-10-29)
Hi Rudy

Thanks for sharing. Wpow, that's quite the story. Look it's lovely but with all due respect I just can't seem to get my head around your experience. Are you able to elaborate / clarify some points:

What you are suggesting is that Kenneth, for whatever reason, fell to his death from the balcony, then an entity appeared to you, and told you that although this happened, it actually didn't because you were about to travel back in time to save Kenneths life. So if it didn't happen, because you changed the outcome, why did it even happen in the first place? What's the point of his initial fall?

Wouldn't it be easier for this entity to simply deal directly with Mrs Frew to NOT ask Kenneth to help her in the first place? Or better still, communicate with KENNETH directly to slow the hell down and be careful on that balcony? Surely a guiding spirit would directly target the one in danger?

It seems a very convoluted, complicated way (and seemingly physically impossible) method of stopping someone dying (which is apparently a natural and wonderful experience, overall once free of the physical body).

Plus there was the possibility of poor old Bruce being seriously injured by Kenneth landing on him. The meticulous timimg of such a "save" leaves nothing to chance, we are talking seconds here.

Because you asked Bruce to help Kenneth, that to me, wouldn't be patently obvious to Mrs Frew that you "knew" Kenneth was going to fall.

Regards

Mack
sweetsunshine1800 (4 stories) (85 posts)
 
7 years ago (2016-10-28)
Hello Rudyd,

Thanks for sharing your lovely experience. It truly is mind blowing 😲 I also believe in the Supreme Source. What happens is meant to happen. I agree with all the other posters here. Earthangel67 just nailed my thoughts. This is going straight to my favs

Have a good day!

Best wishes and,
Regards,
Sweetsunshine1800
DandK (11 stories) (344 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2016-10-27)
Rudy, I understand this. When I was about 18 (I think, but don't remember my exact age at that time), I had a dream. In this dream I found myself floating, or maybe a better way to say it is 'existing', in a light, cloudy place. Within an instant I was told, not by voice, but by someone giving me the knowledge, that I was dead.

I immediately asked what the point of everything had been. Instantaneously I was given complete knowledge and understood everything. Everything. I was so comforted and understood that everything that happened in life was meant to be and that it was all for the good. With that I ceased to exist. It was like I mixed with all of the energy of everyone.

When I woke up I remembered the comforting feeling but not the knowledge. I kept that feeling for years, but have forgotten much in the past couple of decades.

My mom told me later that day that she woke up during the night because I screamed. When she got to my room, I was fine.
Enlightened1959 (8 stories) (118 posts)
-2
7 years ago (2016-10-26)
Rudy! Your amazing story gave me chills! I will be looking for your next story... I hate the word "Story" because it sounds like it's been made up but I know you are telling the absolute truth!

I believe your God and my God are the same! He is the "I AM". The Alpha and Omega! He sent His Son Jesus Christ as the ultimate sacrifice! I have had things in my life that has happened that there is no other explanation other than God... I didn't know I could share them on this web site but now that I know, I will!

And I read nothing at all that leads me to believe you are a poor writer... I was able to picture myself right beside you!
matrix899 (1 stories) (67 posts)
 
7 years ago (2016-10-26)
Mr. Di Maggio,

Thank you very much for sharing this story. I was "blown away" by it. I am inclined to think that the "Supreme source" did not want you to be shocked by death at that age, but that is speculation.

Because of an experience I had when I was fourteen, I already have no doubt there is a "higher Power", or "Supreme source" as you put it, but it is wonderful to hear an account of an experience like this. I have related my own experience to only a few people, because I always felt I would not be believed.

I feel that an account of an experience like yours does indeed help some people. So, thanks again.

The only question I have is this: What is it like to go through life with knowledge like this?
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
 
7 years ago (2016-10-26)
Rudy- OH WOW! I was on the edge of my seat with every word! That is something for sure. I am quite intrigued with this experience and looking forward to the others.

I also like earthangel67 idea of " it was most likely played out in your minds eye, rather than physically twice, but your response resulted in the actual physical outcome."

Either way it was quite an interesting experience. Thanks for sharing and really looking forward towards your next one.
earthangel67 (4 stories) (22 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2016-10-26)
Hi Rudy, What an interesting account. I too believe in the Divine Source, in that there is an interconnectedness between all living things and the Universe (Divine Source). As a young child, you would have been more open to spirit and from your account, would surmise that a spirit guide was helping you on that day. From your account, it reads as though you physically experienced the two separate outcomes, but as a young child does not differentiate between our reality and other realms, it was most likely played out in your minds eye, rather than physically twice, but your response resulted in the actual physical outcome. I look forward to reading your next instalment!

Blessings to you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: