You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Trickling Water Phenomena

Real Ghost Stories

Trickling Water Phenomena

 

I've been experiencing activity in my house for as long as I can remember, but within the past year something new has been happening and I was wondering if anyone would be able to shed some light on it.

In my kitchen I sometimes have the feeling that water has just dripped on me from the ceiling, but when I go to check there is no sign of any water on me nor the ceiling. There have also been feelings of water trickling on me, although my skin is completely dry with no water coming from anywhere in my kitchen. This has also happened a couple of times to my boyfriend, so I know it's not just me imagining things.

This feeling only happens in my kitchen, but it's not constant, it just happens from time to time. Besides one day in which I was sat at the table with my mother, and I kept having the water trickling feeling over and over on my left calf. I have lived in this house all my life and I'm 18 years old and I have never experienced this before this year, although I've always known there to be activity in my house and have had many experiences.

If anyone could help and give me some information on this, I'd be truly grateful.

Thanks in advance.

Additional information:

In May this year my nana passed away at the age of 64, which shook myself and my entire family as none of us were expecting it. I don't remember whether or not the water feelings started happening before or after this, but I thought I'd add this in case it actually did start to happen after her passing. She was hydrophobic, so maybe if it is something to do with her it may have some correlation with that.

Other hauntings by bestiabodom

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, bestiabodom, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

bestiabodom (2 stories) (1 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2016-11-09)
My nana had no allergy to water or anything like that, she just had a phobia of water, such as ponds, rivers, oceans etc, that stemmed from when she was a child and almost drowned in a pond.

Thanks everyone for commenting with your advice and opinions:)

Other experiences I've had are hearing footsteps when no one is there, hair being flicked, shadows, doors opening on their own with no reason for them to open and more things like that. I plan to write separate posts on them as soon as I can.

We've had our ceiling checked and there's absolutely nothing wrong with it whatsoever, and the feeling of the water happens in different parts of the kitchen. I know the feeling of water that isn't there isn't just my body playing up as my boyfriend has felt the same thing too, again in my kitchen.

(Sorry, I don't know if you can tag people who have commented directly, this is my first post on this site and I'm still trying to get to grips with it)

Thanks again:)
Tweed (35 stories) (2491 posts)
 
7 years ago (2016-11-04)
Hi Bestiabodom,

This has been confusing me since I read it. Since it only happens in your kitchen, I guess this is significant.

What do you do when you feel the water? My guess is you'd look up to find where it was coming from. If this is the case, you usually look up to find an explanation, maybe this *is* the point, to look up. Since it only happens in the kitchen it's either the stealthiest, slightest and most impressive roof leak of all time, or there's something paranormal about it.

Maybe this is a ghost's way of pointing to the ceiling, drawing your attention to something about the kitchen ceiling.
This is a worst case scenario here, but maybe your kitchen ceiling is in need of repair. Maybe you're being alerted to this through the pretty confusing method of a trickling water sensation.
Just to be on the safe side, maybe have a professional give your home's structure the once over.

Does this always happen in the same spot, or is it different areas in the kitchen? If it always happens, say under the light, maybe your electrical wires need checking.

This is all worse case scenario stuff. But I thought maybe there's something in what this water makes you do. If you continually look up, maybe this is for a good reason.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
7 years ago (2016-11-02)
Not to be a nit picker but I do have to ask this question...

You mentioned your Nana passing... And stated she was...

Hydrophobic...So she did not mix well with water 馃槙

Hydrophobic: hy路dro路pho路bic/藢h墨dr蓹藞f艒bik/

Adjective:

1. Tending to repel or fail to mix with water.

Or

Hydrophobia: hy路dro路pho路bi路a/藢h墨dr蓹藞f艒b膿蓹/

Noun:

Extreme or irrational fear of water, especially as a symptom of rabies in humans.

It makes a difference Sorry I can't help myself sometimes...

Or did she suffer from that very rare H2O allergy?

By the way the others that have posted have offered some great advice.

Respectfully,

Rook
Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
+3
7 years ago (2016-10-30)
Hi Bestiabodom

Thanks for sharing - sorry I can't really offer you any useful advice rather than idle speculation.

However, I am interested in the other experiences you have had in the house. Perhaps sharing some of those may put the "water sensation" experiences into some kind of relevant context?

Regards

Mack
Kindly_refrain (16 stories) (195 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2016-10-30)
Hi Bestiabodom, I also get the sensation of a cold drop of water on my skin from time to time. I usually notice it on my bald head but I can also feel it on my arms or hands. It can happen at home or away. I always check but there is never any water in evidence.

In my case it has never been connected to any supernatural event (that I am aware of) and I assume it to be a trick of the nervous system. I have, however, never had the sensation of unaccounted for water trickling over me.
Manafon1 (6 stories) (712 posts)
+3
7 years ago (2016-10-30)
Hi bestiabodom--Your experience with unseen water drops is indeed puzzling. I googled "paranormal water drops" and came across a blog you might want to look at. It's PinellaPascoParanormal/HostileHaunts. What you describe is, apparently, a regularly reported phenomenon. After briefly discussing prosaic explanations, for instance, "In homes with central air vents in the ceiling it can happen (water dripping) from the cold vents condensing the humidity in the room", the above mentioned site then moves onto paranormal possibilities. To quote, "It is also possible that a spirit could cause this by creating that frigid blast either intentionally, or accidentally, by their energy sucking the heat out of a space, then the condensed humidity results in the water drops that fall on you and get your attention."

This theory does not, of course, explain why you have never seen actual water droplets when this phenomenon occurs. Several people have shared their experiences on the above mentioned blog and you might want to check it out to see if you can uncover similar patterns there. Things like humidity, emotional states of mind and so on. It's possible that patterns may emerge by comparing multiple similar reports. You will probably find others here on YGS who have experienced the water trickling sensation you described. It does seem that spirits use all kinds of methods to get our attention. Flashing points of light, knocking, ticking, full apparitions, and like you, the sensation of water dripping on your skin. Good luck with your investigations and welcome to YGS!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: