You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Children Who See Spirits :: Children Sense It Better

Real Ghost Stories

Children Sense It Better

 

To this day, I'm not sure if I've been able to project my nightmares straight into my room as I awaken while I am coherent enough to talk to anyone who may be with me nearby or I actually saw ghosts in my childhood home but what I saw and heard felt so real. When I was really little my parents would let me sleep with them in their room and I really appreciated that because on the nights when they wanted their alone time and I was banished to my room, I was never able to sleep soundly.

On several occasions I would wake up and see a man hovering over me with a knife as if I was about to be filleted right there in my bed. Of course I would proceed to run to my parents room hysterical and pound on their door until I was allowed entry. And the number of men would multiply some nights... My room would be filled with violent looking people.

My dad started getting frustrated with me and wanted to prove to me that none of it was real so he came to my room to sleep and protect me like a nurturing father would do. That night I woke up and instead of men preparing to kill me, I saw two women in the corner of my room. They would look at me and then converse with each other in a language I didn't understand. I woke my dad up and pointed in the direction I was seeing the women and to my utter dismay he saw nothing... But they still would not go away. I tried to describe what I was hearing and the women at this point were paying me no mind. He never did see them and I'm sure he was just thinking "kids have the craziest imaginations."

I still feel like there were multiple presences in that house with the center of activity being in my room. Mind you, I was probably 7 or 8 at the time so it could have been imagined or it could have been that special sensitivity to the paranormal that children are said to have. I guess I'll never know.

Other hauntings by KoopaCake

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, KoopaCake, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Enlightened1959 (8 stories) (118 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2016-11-06)
Hi Koop,

How many years did this go on? You said you were probably only 7 or 8. Did this happen for just a few months? I was tormented as a child. I would count down the hours before I had to go to bed. I saw things, heard things, and what made it worse was the fact that I would sleep walk and I would wake up in weird places like my mom and dad's bedroom closet.

And I do think children are more sensitive to the spiritual world.
twelveam (74 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2016-11-05)
Hi KoopaCake,

That must have been a HECK of a childhood experiencing those things, and not being believed by your protectors (parents). That's crazy... What frustration you must have felt seeing those women with your father right beside you and he saw nothing!

You're obviously (or were) extra sensitive to otherworldly entities. Do you still see spirits or has that gone away? Then you would know if it was a thing from childhood or that has carried over with you. Either way, sorry you had to go through that regardless. If these things continue to occur with you into adulthood, you may want to consider either embracing it for the good, or learn how to deal with it because I doubt it will be going away anytime soon. Take care and blessings!
RedBlackRosemama (34 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2016-11-05)
Children & Animals can see then adults can't see. I hate it that parents don't believe their child like your didn't so hard of their parents not believe what their children to see what is going on. I am so sorry about your parents not believe in you and my mother don't believe in me either when I told her what I see until later when we go outside my mother notice what I saw she ask me what I see and I explain what I saw.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: