You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Many Questions

Real Ghost Stories

Many Questions

 

First off, I want to say I so enjoy this sight and sharing all of your stories (it's great to know I'm not alone). I have had many experiences throughout my life that could be categorized as paranormal, in my opinion. The most terrifying one was about 8 years ago. I have never had an experience like it since.

My husband, myself, our son and daughter had recently moved into his deceased father's home. This is in a rural farming town and the home we had was even further into the "country" as we called it. We lived on a gravel road, our closest neighbor about a mile away. Everything was going pretty good. The kids' rooms were upstairs and ours was downstairs. My husband worked and I was a stay at home mom at the time. The kids rode the bus to school and I was at home for half a day by myself. I would hear footsteps but always figured it was my deceased father in-law. We had hardwood floors and it always sounded like heavy boots were walking around upstairs. Shortly after moving in my daughter, who was 4 at the time, said she had made a new friend. She said her friends name to me (can't remember the name it was like Madeline or Marjorie) and it was a very old fashioned name for a young girl. She said her new friend lived in our pasture by the pond. She said her friend was a little girl just like her. She said her friend had brown hair and wore a dress and that she would come visit her in her room to play. They played dolls. This went on for about a month. My daughter talked about her like she was one of her friends from preschool, I just thought it was an imaginary friend. My son never spoke of "friends" like this, he was 6 at the time. One day my daughter was upset, worried about her new friend. She told me that her friend and her parents had been camping by our pond and one day her parents just left her. She said that her friend was alone and had been alone along time. We never had anyone camp on our property. The pond could be seen from our back door. No one was ever there or could even get to it without driving past our house and through our yard, not to mention we raised English Mastiffs so nothing got past them without us knowing. It kind-of freaked me out so I would try and change the subject when she would mention her friend. Then one night the kids were upstairs asleep in their beds and my husband and I were in our room asleep. All of a sudden I woke up. I could feel eyes on me. I knew someone was in the house. I couldn't hear anything, I could just feel it. I sat up in bed trying to be extra quiet to just listen to the house, nothing not even the sound of ticking clocks, an eerie silence. I laid back down thinking I was being paranoid. I was laying on my back our bed faced our bedroom door, I was on the side of the bed closest to the door. All of a sudden I see a small head peeping from around the door. At first I thought it was my daughter, I said, " (Her name) what are you doing out of bed?" No response, but the little head quickly moved out of my sight. I sat up again called my daughters name out and nothing (my daughter would have came in and said something immediately). I laid back down at this point I was very scared. I knew for sure what I had seen, I knew I was awake this wasn't a dream state, my husband was snoring next to me, he was a very heavy sleeper. Then while lying there, the little girl appeared in my doorway, it was not my daughter! No expression on her face, she had shoulder length brown hair and a dark blue dress with ruffles on it. I freaked! I literally tried to wedge myself under my sleeping husband. In my head I started praying, I was saying "Jesus please be in my house, please protect us." Next thing I know, as half of me is wedged under sleeping hubby other half trying desperately to get under him as well, she is at the foot of our bed. Her face no longer expressionless, but instead looked confused or angry or maybe disgruntled, it's hard to explain. Next thing, she took her hands and stretched out her arms and very quickly started pulling the comforter off the bed and onto the floor. I am totally freaking out but can't scream or move. So in my head, I continue praying to Jesus, only I added my deceased father in-laws name as well. I asked him to help her. I asked him to guide her to wherever she was supposed to go. I asked him to get her to the light, but most important to me at that moment, was to get her out of my house. Next thing I know it's morning. I had fallen asleep or maybe even passed out from fear. Never had anything happen in that house again and my daughter never mentioned her friend again either. I like to think that my father in-law helped her get to where she was supposed to be or at least get peace. After it all, I did some research, a young girl at the age of five had drowned in our pond back in the 1970's. Thanks for reading.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Kansas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Meg1234567, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Argette (guest)
 
7 years ago (2016-11-18)
Thank you, RandyM. That makes a lot of sense. It's never happened to me, but a few years ago, I was feeling a tug on the back of my sleep-shirt at night, sometimes.
Enlightened1959 (8 stories) (118 posts)
 
7 years ago (2016-11-16)
Hi Meg,

As soon as you mentioned pond, I automatically thought the little girl most likely had drowned in that pond.

I don't know about your deceased father-n-law but I do know the power of the name of Jesus and He WILL deliver you ALWAYS.

Regarding the covers being pulled off, I have heard this many times and I also don't understand. My dad lived near the Bell Witch Plantation and he and his 3 brothers would sleep in the same bed and at night the covers would be either slowly pulled off or quickly jerked off of them at night. But I don't understand why this happens.
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
 
7 years ago (2016-11-16)
Hi Meg,

Very well told narrative, thanks for sharing.

Some great points have been raised here by everyone. I wanted to let you know the silence you described, I've experienced something similar too. A very odd atmosphere directly before an apparition. Mine was after waking up in the middle of the night as well. I don't know what this means, but I found it interesting.

Thanks for sharing and I hope you can answer Manafon's questions too. 😊

Argette, your question made me laugh, I was thinking the same thing lol.
Randy, I like your explanation, makes sense!
RANDYM (2 stories) (266 posts)
+3
7 years ago (2016-11-15)
Argette

This may or may not be at all correct but just one possibility.

First off it is very very very difficult for those on the other side to reach us so they have to do what they can to try and get through.

First off, consider that night time seems to carry the most paranormal activity because that is when the outside world tends to be at its quietest, thus eliminating a lot of worldly distractions. Not necessarily "more" activity, we just just notice it more at night.
Second, we are also normally in our most relaxed state while sleeping.
So, night and being in bed may give us, the living, the best time to receive a communication.

Now this:
Just like the living, some spirits are better at some things and not so good at other things.
On their side of death all of the things they do is about the manipulation of energy. To be heard is about manipulating energy.
To move something, manipulating energy, etc. You get my point.
It may be, and I stress "may" be that moving an object may be one of the easier things they learn once on that side.
Therefor its possible that the combination of being in bed, at night, while sleeping or relaxing may give them the best set of conditions
To do something that will get noticed because it going to happen right on your physical body.
Most of us may not even notice a voice because we may think its a dream. We may not notice if they were to move something down the hall. But, move the blankets off of someone and that can get attention from a great number of people.

As I said, I may not be right at all but there are so many more questions than answers about the paranormal its always fun and can be informative to toss around ideas. I always say there are no bad questions when it comes to the paranormal.

(as long as someone doesn't say 3:AM is the Devil's time I'm good)
😁 😊

Have a great day
Randy
Argette (guest)
+1
7 years ago (2016-11-14)
Can anyone tell me why we so often hear about entities pulling covers or blankets off beds?
Manafon1 (6 stories) (712 posts)
+3
7 years ago (2016-11-14)
Hi Meg--your story reminded me, at times, of a very old (1881) and nicely documented account given to Society of Psychical Research member Edmund Gurney in 1885. I know I have a later telling of this account in another book but I will be using a 1939 case study book that doesn't reveal the full names of the people who experienced the paranormal case I reference.

A family of five rented a somewhat recently constructed (within ten to twenty years of their tenancy) villa when one day, around eleven in the morning, the mother stated, "I was suddenly aware of a figure peeping around the corner of the folding doors to my left; thinking it must be a visitor I jumped up and went into the passage, but no one was there..." She goes on to state that the figure was that of a young pale faced, tall man with a moustache. He had a sorrowful expression on his face. Some days later she would again see the figure in the drawing room. As before only the upper part of the body was visible, the rest of the body blocked by the door. On both of these occasions the apparition was only eight to ten feet away and she could clearly make out the face and the sad "expression of the eyes." This reminded me of the little girl you saw peering around the door to your bedroom.

The mother would see the figure a third time while she was outside looking through a glass doorway, where again the figure appeared (as was his want) peering around a kitchen doorway in the hallway. The "haunting" culminated when the mother and one of the daughters heard (from different locations in the house) in, "a deep sorrowful tone", the words, "I can't find it." Later the mother felt a sharp slap on her back that "startled but did not hurt her." After these occurences the haunting stopped as unexpectedly as it had started.

Your account includes sheets being pulled off your bed and the account I mention includes a physical slap on the back. Neither seemed to be aggressive but rather sincere attempts to get the attention of a current resident. There very well could have been a real frustration on the part of the the little girl apparition while trying to get your attention. The pulling off of your sheets is evidence of it! However your prayer seems to have been effective. It also seems your husband is a deep sleeper. Did you wake him up after seeing the ghost?

There are some basic unanswered questions in your narrative however. You write that your daughter often spoke of an "imaginary" friend named something like Madeline or Marjorie who you feel might have been the little girl apparition you witnessed. You then end your account by stating, "After it all, I did some research, a young girl at the age of five had drowned in our pond in the 1970s." What was the name of this girl? Was it Madeline or Marjorie? I imagine if you found info about a young girl drowning in the pond on your property a name would have been given.

All of this said, you had a few startling experiences from an entity or entities that seemed to want to let you know that they were there. Nobody was harmed. That all of the paranormal experiences stopped in your house after the little girl apparition appeared does suggest that there was no ill will. Consider yourself lucky to have experienced a rare and special encounter from "the other side". Please do answer the question about the research you did though. Welcome to YGS by the way!
RANDYM (2 stories) (266 posts)
 
7 years ago (2016-11-14)
Hi Meg and welcome to YGS

I absolutely loved your story.
The way you described the night in your bedroom was so realistic
I felt I was there seeing the girl myself. I think it only adds to the fear when your in bed and have someone there with you. I know I would feel vulnerable. Glad your father-in-law was able to coax her along.
Even though some spirits may choose to hang around I feel they truly don't belong here anymore or they would still be alive. Thus the reason for death. Your time here is over.
I do have 1 question.
Did your deceased father-in-law leave as well with her or is he still around?

Thanks again for sharing and best to you
Randy

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: