You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: A Sign from Beyond

Real Ghost Stories

A Sign from Beyond

 

My mother past away from a two year battle with cancer in October of 2005; overall it was a terrible experience. She went from weighing 150 pound most of her adult life; to weighing 80 some pounds and suffering from not being able to eat. I have two older sisters. I am the youngest boy and the only boy. Immediately after my mothers passing, both of my sisters had small experiences that hinted to them that my mother was happy and no longer in any pain (we seem to pass "the Gift" thought-out our family). However, I had nothing, no sign, no clues/feeling, no dreams, nothing.

Two years to the day after my mothers passing, I walked up into my bedroom. On my dresser mirror in the room, I keep a Mass card from my mother's wake stuck a quarter of the way in between the mirror glass and the wood from the mirror. I went upstairs, walked into my bedroom and the first thing I noticed was this mass card (a picture of Jesus praying and staring into the heavens) flipped upright in a laundry basket on the floor about two and a half feet away from the mirror. I put the Mass card back on the mirror and dropped it about fifteen different times and never once did it get within a foot of falling into the basket. As I mentioned I am in tune with my sixth sense, but I have always tried to ignore visitors or certain feelings. I stopped dropping the card and finally said, "Mom if that's you, I love you and I really hope you are proud of me". That is something she would always say to me.

I went downstairs and told my wife what I just experienced (she was already well aware of my families "gift"). I wanted to let my stepfather know what just took place. He hasn't been himself lately with the anniversary of my mother's passing and with the holiday coming, his spirits were down. I told him the entire story in detail, and I ending it by saying "I hope this kind of thing does not freak you out or make you feel worse, I felt I needed to tell you... It was probably just the wind or something anyhow". He told me "no I actually look forward to these kinds of stories from you and your sisters". We said our goodbyes and hung up the phone.

Their is a part of the story that I did not mention. My wife and I had a brand new baby girl this year July 2007. We named her after my mother. I have two other children. Both of my children, my wife and I, are Italian and we all have olive colored skin and dark brown eyes. My mother was Scotch/Irish and had fair skin and blue eyes. Our new baby has fair skin and blue eyes as well. In addition, it is really strange when I look in my baby's blue eyes they remind me of my mother's (not the color but the soul- an old soul - if that makes any sense). Sorry, I got a little off track, but it's important to the rest of the story.

It was about 1:00 that same night. My wife fell asleep on the couch downstairs (clearly exhausted from dealing with a newborn baby). I could sleep, so I sat downstairs and stared at some show on the television. I heard the baby crying through our monitor. I walked into my bedroom and that same mass card of Jesus was sitting in the basket flipped upright in the exact same place! Before that day, I never read that back of that Mass card; I read a line in the card in capital letters and it said " AND TO YOU I GIVE THE GREATEST GIFT OF ALL..."

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Ed, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

garry1984 (6 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-27)
You are blessed bro your mom is back with you through your baby.
Astral184 (1 stories) (53 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-16)
Sad but lovely story; I am familiar with the term 'old soul' I believe it is someone who has been gone for several years and/or has lived different reincarnations. I too, am of Italian ancestry and my children are mixed with Hispanic, so between these two races, 'psychic' abilities are strong. Your Mom was defnitely sending you a message.
Sabrina12993 (2 stories) (56 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-04)
Beautiful story, I love how your baby has blue eyes like your mother. Thats precious. Now your mother will always be with you in your daughters eyes. And your mom may be sending you signs that shes okay and is doing just fine. 😊
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-01)
I am very sorry for your loss.
I believe that your Mother passed on traits to your little girl (knowingly or unknowingly) so that you could have a constant reminder of who she is. That sounds a little hokey, doesn't it? The reason I think that is because you said that you try to ignore visitors and feelings. If you constantly ignore them, how would you know if she came to you?
Perhaps this is her way of telling you that you have done the one thing that is truly a form of success. You are the Daddy of one very special little angel and she is immensely proud of you.
Thank you for sharing this story with us.
bbyguhrlx3 (4 stories) (11 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-01)
thats a really nice story ;

it wasn't even scary at all.

at least that yur family understands yur "gift".

my auntie has that ; but... Whenever I tell her my experiences, she tells me I have it too. But I don't believe her ; I don't think I'm ready for those stuff. Lols. 🤔 🤔
ealleone (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-30)
Thank you all, for you insight/feedback.

It was one of those situations where all other logic was thrown out the door and the realization that ghosts and or spirits really do walk among us was the only other possible explaination. As I mentioned I have lived most of my life trying to ignore or bursh-off any experiences in the past. The card was basically standing up right almost defying gravity in the same place twice. Their is not other explaination.
I was doing some research and looking for a place to find some answers. You all seemed very sincere, so I sent in the story.

Again I thank you

Ed
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-29)
What a beautiful story!

I must first say that I completely empathize. I lost my mother in 1996, and, I miss her terrible to this day!

I do also believe that she was letting you know that not only is your baby girl and your children your greatest gift of all but that you were the greatest gift of all to her and still are!

God Bless!
cupcake10132 (4 stories) (193 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-27)
I agree with everyone else! Your new baby is your greatest gift of all, but here is something,she's a recarnatoin of your mother. When your child, grows older she will be a great one. She may be a savoir for your famliy. I don't know what her destiny will be, but I do know something aboutit!It'll lead her to greatness.
~~
YUKI
Annie (202 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-27)
Ed, How nice that you have a new baby daughter with your mother's eyes, name, and possibly her old soul. You know that she'll be looking out for you, at you, for years to come. Thank you for sharing.
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-27)
Wow Ed, what a wonderful experience you had. I am so sorry for the loss of your Mother. I hope it is comforting to know that she is with you still, watching over you and your family. It is without doubt that she meant that the "GREATREST GIFT OF ALL" was your daughter. I also assume she meant the other 'gift' too! What a lovely story. Thank you for sharing your experience. ~Shelby ❤ 😊
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-27)
Hi Ed,
This was a truly magnificent story, thank you very much for sharing it with us.

" AND TO YOU I GIVE THE GREATEST GIFT OF ALL..." - I believe that two 'old souls' will continue their walk through time together for a little while longer. God bless you all.
luvparanormal (12 stories) (268 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-27)
I agree with Bellisima.
Thank you for sharing your story that was a lovely one.
The stories we tell here don't always have to be of scarry ghosts and goblins per say.
I am sorry for your loss I personally if I ever lose my mom I would be devastated.
Is this gift one that was inherited through mom or dad she might be telling you to use it more often
Thanks for sharring!
😁
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-27)
Hi, Ed. It sounds like your Mom sent you a sign, the mass card and its inscription, pointing you to the biggest sign of all - your new baby! Your baby, with the physical attributes and 'old soul' eyes of your Mom! You are her only son and youngest child, I'm sure you were very dear to heart. I think your Mom is closer to you than you ever thought. I wonder why you try to ignore visitors or certain feelings, especially since you acknowledge your family has a gift? Maybe one day, when your new baby starts talking, she'll have a lot of interesting things to say. Thanks for sharing your lovely story with us.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: