You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Session With A Medium

Real Ghost Stories

Session With A Medium

 

I come from a family of four kids. Two are much older and my sister closest in age is two and a half years older (all from the same parents). In October 2008 our father passed rather quickly. He had heart problems for quite some time but it was still very shocking and me and my closest sister were in our early 20's. Four years later, our mom passed after a very difficult two year battle with stage 4 metastatic breast cancer. Nobody could prepare my sister and I for the grief of feeling the loss of both parents in our 20's.

Even now, it's still hard. In March of 2014, I was having a particularly difficult time, so my sister offered to pay for a session with a well known medium where we are originally from. I decided on a phone session and my sister set it up. All I had to do was call on the day at the time of my appointment. My sister joined me that day. Sitting next to me recording on her iPhone while I recorded on my iPad (I had my iPhone with the speaker on).

The medium was able to validate some things that were pretty remarkable. For example, our father drank coffee all day long; he loved it. We had a running joke that if he was going to give us a sign after he died it would involve coffee. Obviously this wasn't public knowledge but one of the first things the medium said was he says he misses coffee. We were both shocked because it was so specicific and very much our dad. Well my sister apparently never listened to her recording until a friend asked to listen to it months later. While they were listening they discovered something very strange.

Almost halfway through the recording, the mediums voice cuts out, there is silence and then what sounds like a man, says oh no, followed by more silence and then the mediums voice comes back in. I listened to mine to see if I have this as well but I don't. We have no idea who the voice could belong to.

I have the recording available.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from North Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Karrij87, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

catleyablu (17 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-01-09)
Hi there! Were you ever able to get the recording uploaded to YouTube? I would love to listen to it, so interesting. Thank you for sharing 😊

Cryss
valkricry (49 stories) (3267 posts) mod
 
7 years ago (2016-11-26)
Karrij87,
You would need to upload your recording to YouTube or the like, then post the link. Hope that helps.
Karrij87 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
7 years ago (2016-11-26)
I can't figure out how to attach the voice recording but, this is what she says before and after it cuts out: "It feels like its an endless sadness, When will this stop hurting so much, and thence day you realize as time goes by that you're laughing and enjoying life again and that you're doing ok and then when you look back at old pictures and... (Cuts out and comes back to her saying) "see you everyday. I couldn't even do that when I was alive. I don't recognize the voice, which makes me question things a little more.
DandK (11 stories) (344 posts)
 
7 years ago (2016-11-26)
Interesting! Can you say what the medium was saying right before they cut out and you hear the male voice? Could it have been something that your father would have disagreed with?
Argette (guest)
+1
7 years ago (2016-11-24)
I once attended around session with a healer, out of sheer curiosity. I was amazed with what she knew, or what my father was allegedly telling me through her. He warned me about something, which came to pass about two months later. I'll never be quite as skeptical as I was...

Karri, thank you for sharing.
RCRuskin (9 stories) (815 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2016-11-24)
I'm sure more than just myself would be interested to hear the recording.

But you say it did not sound like your dad, your mom or anyone else you know? (Yes, I know you said a man's voice, but I'm trying to be thorough. No offense intended.)

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: