You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Can't Remember My Past!

Real Ghost Stories

Can't Remember My Past!

 

I'm in my 20s I have no memories of my childhood (well from before the age of 12).

Warning, sorry for spelling and grammar mistakes. I'm typing this on my phone trying not to shake too much.

I used to live in a 17th century house that had servants rooms in the attic and a separate stairway from the attic to the kitchen.

Anyway all I have for memories are old photographs and my imagination, plus the stories my family tell when intoxicated.

Some of the stories are:

When my family first moved into the house, they couldn't close the doors as they would rattle and swing open, especially at night but they didn't set the alarm off.

My aunt used to live in the attic and used to see a little girl in a white and blue dress going up and down the stairs.

My mum says that myself and the spirit of the little girl were best friends. I was always talking to thin air, that there was always a cold spot on my right side.

Numerous family members used to hear crying from the part of the attic that was closed off.

My mum's boyfriend at the time saw a small hand print in a puffer coat I used to wear.

When my mum used to take me shopping, she always heard me giggling and pointing at nothing.

When my grandad closed off the servant stairway from the attic to the kitchen the house went crazy. There was scratching on the doors, shouting from the cellar etc...

There are only two things I remember of that house and they are the cellar and one night that scared the hell out of me.

I was terrified of the cellar, it just felt horrible down there. Like you were being watched by someone evil, you could always hear heavy footsteps and low mumbles.

This one night I remember so well, I was 13 at the time and we had everyone over in the back garden drinking. It was about 11 at night and I couldn't sleep, I was lying in bed when I felt like I couldn't move. After a while I managed to move my head to the opposite side of the room away from the door and I saw a small girl wearing a tattered white and blue dress mumbling 'he's nearly here' over and over. I started to hear footsteps on the landing, thinking it was my aunt I faced the doorway. Walking into my room was a man and woman, dressed in an old doctor and nurse outfits but they were covered in fresh and dried blood. I was frozen with fear I couldn't take my eyes off the doctors black hollowed eye. I don't think they noticed me at first when they stopped next to my bed. He looked me straight in the eyes, I felt like I was drowning in despair. I managed to finally move then he started to lean over my body, I rolled over the other side of the bed and ran out of the room and out side as fast as I could.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Undeadlollipop, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

roylynx (guest)
 
7 years ago (2016-11-30)
Undeadlollipop; Thank you for replying! High field house... Hmm it might be an infamous haunting spot where unhappy things had happened that little girl in white dress might be special for you, as I know and read some of the reports of some research I have done, children of 3~6 years old are very sensitive to spiritual stuff, early reports claims that it is because of the development of the size of the brain gives out unusual brain waves which matches the spirit world... No, not scientific at all since it is not really proven.

Oh, about why that girl might be special for you, because it is "believed" that spirits can only communicate with people with same "wave", like listening to a radio but the thing is our brain could not really tune up to match the "wave" that a particular spirit gives out. So I will say only the "chosen ones" will be about to see or sense the spirits, yes, and what I want to say is you might be one of those special people. It is just my guess but you can hang around the site to see if there would be useful information around there are all sort of people here whom might be about to help you out! Cheers!

E.Lynx
Undeadlollipop (1 stories) (1 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2016-11-30)
The house is called, high field house and it doesn't seem to exist on the Internet only on Google maps.
I don't think anyone lives in there anymore but people who live opposite always ask me if its haunted and say they can see a little girl in one of the windows looking out.

Also I keep haveing nightmares or really wierd dreams about the house. In a way I always feel like I need to go back, like something is pulling me back to the house.
roylynx (guest)
+2
7 years ago (2016-11-29)
Holy Macaroni!
This story is soooooooo creepy! You have described the 2 eerie spirits of the doctor and the nurse so well that I nearly fainted just reading!

From the story, I noticed that you might have been living in an old doctor's house. I knew of that some doctors in the past would keep patrons from poor families to do experiences on them, said to be common during those old days, but as I know of only a few doctors did such things, YUCK!

Oh, do you know if anyone else is living in that house that you used to live in? If so do you know the situation there? If not, don't worry, I am just curious.

Great Blessings from São Paulo

E.Lynx
RCRuskin (9 stories) (815 posts)
 
7 years ago (2016-11-28)
That last bit, the one thing you said you do remember, traumatized me just reading about it. I do wonder what happened to make yourself forget so much.

Thank you for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: