You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Bbc Studio's Are Haunted

Real Ghost Stories

The Bbc Studio's Are Haunted

 

This is my second story I've put in to be published after the story of my early life and how I started to see and later communicate with ghosts and spirits.

This starts a few years ago now. I work at a stage and set designer for BBC London Studio's. I love my job and have met many interesting and some famous people over the years. Some really good and one in particular who I shall not name for I'd probably lose my job over talking about due to current and future on going lawsuits being placed on and against this person even after his passing now a few years ago (good to see the back of him if you ask me. That's all I will say on the matter).

The studio has been around for 50 plus years now and has been added to and upgraded over the years and modernised. What the public see when they watch their fave Show is only a very small section of the whole lot. There are many sound stages, 4 news rooms, backstage and dressing rooms for all the above, there is lighting and sound booths in each and also extra backup in case something fails. There is a radio studio still in use (mainly talk back for oldies these days). Makeup and Dressing Rooms, Clothing, Costume and Set storage areas. Set Design Building where I work with my team of 10 full time and 6 part time crew. As well as a current assistant in training (my old one got married and moved to Australia to live with her new husband). They are a great production staff. I couldn't ask for better. There are numerous back stage workers and repairs people. Costume and makeup people, handymen/women. Builders who help us put together the sets so it all works. I have no idea how they can get it all together with so many people trying to do everything at once at times that it's almost insane. But it thankfully all gets done in the end. Even if sometimes is at the absolute last minute that it's finished it gets done.

Pulling all nighters is something that more often than not you get used to doing and for that thankfully we have a great fully stocked cafeteria that makes the best coffee anywhere in my opinion and I should know I drink probably way too much of it!

Being as old and as busy as this building is there are also an amazing amount of ghosts to fit right in.

The now combined Studio 1 and 2:

Haunted by many early BBC personnel as these were the first studios to be opened along with the radio studio when they first went on air.

William Hartnell, aka the First Dr. Who, has been seen by many people including myself on several occasions wandering from the dressing /makeup rooms to stage 1 and back. He is quiet but on occasion interacts with people who approach him. He has apparently not lost his good nature and friendly disposition in the afterlife. And often helps new workers find their way when they get lost. I saw him the first week I was there he was sitting on the old backstage benches (that have been there forever now) looking like he was reading a book or a script or something. He was reading it in a soft almost whisper to himself. It was my first week and I was looking for a piece of set dressing that someone said we could use that was back there. I got lost in the winding passageways and came across this elderly gentleman with snow white hair, reading to himself. Not knowing he was in spirit I asked him if he knew where the old set props room was. He looked up at me and smiled and said "Yes,young lady. If you go to the end of the corridor here and go left and then go right at a small corridor painted blue there is a door to the left second down. That's the room you want. If you get lost come back and I'll take you there.". I thanked him and followed his instructions. I found what I was looking for and retraced my steps hoping to thank the nice helpful man. But I got back to the bench and he and his book/script were gone. Thinking I'd run into him later I went back to the my place to work on the set piece when my then boss (now retired) asked me how I went. I told him how I got lost and how this nice old man had helped me find the right room. He looked slightly worried and said the studio isn't up yet (open) and there shouldn't be anyone back there. He walked to the door obviously to go see this guy and then he stopped dead in his tracks like he just remembered something and asked me if I could tell him what the guy looked like. So I described the guy as well as I could and my boss went pale and then sort of smiled and said "Well it looks like he's still helping people out that get lost or need other help. Good to hear". Shocked I said to him what do you mean. He says "You just run into William Hartnell. The first Dr Who". Well my jaw hit the ground in shock. As a Dr Who fan I was stunned. I'd only seen a few old grainy photos of William Hartnell and was shocked to learn that he was the nice man who'd helped a new lost assistant. My boss says "Yeah he's like that. Always was nice and friendly to people.".

Really not bad for a Actor who passed on in the 1960's!

Other Studio 1 and 2 Ghosts:

A Security Guard from the early 1960's who died from a heart attack on the job. Still sometimes seen at night if you're working late. He still does his rounds. Mostly you will see his old style flashlight and a dark shape behind it. But it's him. He will sometimes show his face to let you know he's just checking that all is still ok. He's a big man over 6' tall and probably 16 stone. He is generally a friendly and protective spirit who makes you feel safe.

A former Lighting Man who everyone calls Daniel (names have been changed to protect people and families only well known or famous people name will be listed). He passed away after a accident in the early days of the studio. Seen going between the causeway of studio 1 and 2 where he worked setting up the cords and connectors. Dan was apparently electrocuted when a faulty wire got him when he was working on a wire next to it. Apparently stood on the live wire and died almost straight away. He doesn't talk. Doesn't really interact with people. Looks like he is still going about his job.

Ghosts of Studio 3 (Nicknamed the Closet and later used and turned into a dressing room for female guests): very small room barely bigger than an average double bedroom:

A small terrier like dog is often seen sleeping in there curled up on one of the old couches that have been there for years. Dog does nothing but sleep and sometimes snore. No one can remember who he/She belongs to. Some old studio workers believe the dog belonged to a wife of one of the early newsreaders who often left her dog there to be in peace while she watched her husband at work (as they were very close).

Someone or something unseen moves bags and boxes around the room and puts them up on the storage shelves where you can usually reach them or hangs your coat up on one of the many hooks. Busy one day setting up a set I put my big winter coat in there as it was warm in heated studio and I didn't need it. I laid it across the first couch of the three in the room and left to go set up in studio 2. Hour passed and I'd finished up and decide to go get some coffee. So I go in to get my jacket and it is not on the couch. It's hanging up on the first hook on the far wall some 20ft from where I put it. The room I locked on the way out as my purse was in the coat. No one else came in or out as I had the master key. It was nice I think of the ghost to hang up my favourite coat.

Studio 4:

Disembodied footsteps are heard around the main news desk later in the night or early in the morning when no one is using the studio for work. They are loud and sound like heavy boots.

A couple in their 40's are sometimes seen sitting in the studio audience by workers and audience members. Dressed in 1970's era clothes no one knows who they are or why they haunt the studio.

Studio 5:

Men's Dressing room door swings open and bangs shut loudly at various different times. No one is ever seen around when it happens. And it's happened in front of lot of people over the years.

A woman's scream can sometimes be heard at night. It's said to be a memory of the place when it was used as a set for making some early B grade Horror type movies and later a show that was made in the studio that was like the USA Twilight Zone series.

Main Sound And Lighting Booths:

Lights and switches are seen being turned on and off by unseen persons when the booths are empty.

The old intercom that not longer is used sometimes buzzes to life and voices and static can be heard on occasion which shouldn't be able to happen as they have no wires or electricity running to them since walky talky has been put in use and mobile phones.

Main Makeup and Dressing/Costume Rooms:

Makeup cases and containers get moved around when workers' backs are turned. Sometimes really old items like from the 1950's and 1960's show up and vanish just as quick when they seem to want to.

Hair dryers have been seen turning on and off while unplugged and sounding like they are plugged in and being used.

Costumes and Clothes are regularly put up on the rack closest to the door if they are going to be used on that day. Things are sorted daily so that people working on the shows know what's been worn on a particular day etc. These organised clothes and costumes have been known to be moved by unseen hands back to their usual spots and sometimes other outfits have been put in their place which winds up confusing everyone. Because all clothes to be used that day have notes etc pinned to them saying who is wearing them and when and why.

Also clothes that have been put on the repairs racks have been known to have been fixed on occasion by unseen helpers. Including a very delicate dress needed a sensitive hand to put new and small buttons on the back to do it up properly and the wardrobe ladies were worried that they'd ruin it. They went to lunch to talk it over and one of the more experienced ladies volunteered to do it. When she and the others went back after their hour break, they found that the 6 needed very small delicate buttons had been very carefully sewn by a very experienced hand. Problem was all the workers were out to lunch and the room had been locked with no one in it when they left.

Radio Studios 1, 2, 3, and 4:

All have their boards light up and turn off when no one is around.

Phones ring and when someone answers there is only static on the other end.

Music can be heard playing when no one is playing any music in the studio at the time.

EVP's have been heard and recorded all over the radio studios as these are the oldest parts of the studio's built before the first TV studios.

Disembodied voices of DJ's long gone can sometimes be heard when the radio station is empty only the machine is running playing the overnight music.

Cafeteria and Workers Lounge:

Cigarette Smoke often seen and smelt when no smoking has been allowed in the building proper since the late 1990's.

Chairs move around or in and out of tables when no one is using them.

Salt and Pepper Shakers are moved around when no one has used them.

Sinks in the kitchen have been known to turn on and off when no one is around.

Again Phones ring and only static is heard.

Lights turn on and off when the place is closed and after hours. Security has seen it so many times it doesn't raise an eyebrow anymore.

People who are there one minute at tables and gone the next are quite often seen and by a lot of staff and visitors (we have no idea who they are).

Studio 4:

The now infamous TOP OF THE POPS and the JIM'LL FIX IT shows were shot.

Thankfully that nonce Jimmy Savile doesn't haunt the place. I think they'd tear it down if he did now knowing what he did. (Can't say any more don't want to lose the job I love).

Two ghosts have been sighted here. A former carpenter who worked for BBC for nearly 30yrs and loved his job died suddenly at home one morning in 2001. Hasn't stopped him coming in to work for a minute. Ray, as he is called, is often seen checking scenes and sets for their strength and safety like any good worker does. Friendly and approachable ghost who always says hello to all who see him few realise he is a ghost at first.

Second Ghost is a former Studio camera man who committed suicide at home but has come back to his place of work. Dennis as he is called, can be seen checking camera and checking the leads and connectors for safety. Walks around looking important but like he has a lot on his mind. He doesn't talk at all, people have tried but mostly he ignores them.

Again sometimes ghost people are seen in the audience. Of all ages from kids to adults and from different time periods. Most of these we tend to think are memories not real ghosts.

Studio 5 and 6:

Known as the sitcoms studios. Where various sitcoms have been shot over the years.

Also has been used for indoor sets in movies and part of those talent show sets.

Piano on the side of the studio 5 stage is seen and heard playing by itself and it's not a player piano (in other words cannot in anyway play itself). No one knows why it plays itself. The piano though is very old and was said to have come from an old theatre that was torn down after WW2.

Set lights turn on and off when turned off at the main switch when studio not in use.

Intercom that has been disconnected since the 1980's and has no electricity or wires connecting it sometimes buzzes on like someone is going to say something through it.

More Audience Spirits from various eras.

A ghost of a unknown woman we call Claire runs across both studio sets and back before disappearing backstage. Anyone following her will get a shock as she vanishes once she crosses the inner curtain circle into thin air. We have no idea who she is or why she is there. No one seems to remember who she was if she worked there or not. She's dressed in 1970's clothes with ratted teased hair.

Outer Offices:

Former BBC Director who died in the 1970's is often seen in his old office (as he was a very important part of the studio his office is like a museum and hasn't been touched since he died. It still has the year he died calendar and only a phone and some work folders and pens on his desk and his favorite Chair behind the desk. He is a brute of a man who can often be heard yelling at some unseen worker who must have annoyed him at sometime. Known to swear a lot even in front of women. One lady who was sent into do the monthly dust and vacuum of the room felt a hand on her shoulder then her bottom pinched. She turned to have a shot at the pincher and came face to face with the late BBC Director. That was her last day on the job she quit!

Phones ring in closed offices. If someone opens the offices and answers the phone all they hear is static or a very gravelly voice that you can't make out what it's saying.

EVP's have been recorded all over the inner and outer offices of people talking. A girl asking if anyone's seen her daddy. A teenage boy singing a Elvis song (very well mind you). Phones ringing. Footsteps of boots and high heels and more often than not laughter that sounds like someone's having fun.

Orbs have been seen in various places.

Disconnected Intercom buzzes on and off sometimes a male voice of a unknown person can be heard talking through the intercom. It is impossible for it to work all the wires and electricity has been disconnected to all of it.

Front door buzzes to let guards know someone wants in (only used when building is usually closed). When the guard gets to the door no one is there. If they check tapes which they have done also. You can hear it ring but no one is pressing the buzzer.

Other New Studios:

Don't seem to be haunted and I've worked in them all. I guess sooner or later they too will have their own ghosts to add to the list. But for the moment they are quiet and peaceful places after hours.

Car Park:

Various People have seen cars appear and disappear right in front of them. One VIP greeter went out to see if the VIP had arrived as scheduled. Upon arrival at the VIP section of the level he (we will call him Aaron) saw a long Mercedes limo coming into the VIP park entry.

Aaron waited patiently for the car to pull up so he could open the door and greet the VIP.

Now this car looked as real and as solid as any real car around in other parts of the car park. And Aaron clearly heard the car's engine and muffler echo in the enclosed space. He turned for a minute to make sure to main VIP entry doors were properly opened. It was only a minute or so he turned to check. When he turned back the limo had disappeared. So had the engine and muffler echo sound. He thought he was losing it so he looked all around the VIP car park but the black limo was nowhere to be found!

Ok so sorry for the long story but where I work does have a lot of interesting spirits. I'm sure it has more I haven't listed but these are the ones I remember the best. Hope you enjoyed them and thanks in advance for reading them.

Other hauntings by BlackDiamondRattlesnake

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, BlackDiamondRattlesnake, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

valkricry (49 stories) (3268 posts) mod
+3
4 years ago (2020-09-02)
To remove a story from your favorites: click the Account tab, select 'edit profile', then select the story you want to delete. Easy peasy.
As a side-bar, I advise reading the Contact page (https://www.yourghoststories.com/contact.php), there's a wealth of info there!
t_bev (3 stories) (32 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2020-09-01)
priya - It looks like there are instructions on how to remove a favorite story/poster in the comments of this post. Did those instructions change? I don't have any listed favorites so I'm just curious if the instructions are still accurate.

Also, I agree with the points system on not just comments but the posts themselves. Makes sense. Especially for someone like me who is rather new to the site and spends a lot of time going down the rabbit hole here.
priya- (1 stories) (19 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2020-09-01)
Was about to add this to my favorite stories but as a habit I also read comments to know investigators' insights and now I'm feeling very sad that this story is not true at all! 😟
Request to website developers - please provide one new option to remove from favorites stories. Also please provide one new option to post negative rating to story itself so that when negative points go beyond certain limit then story should get auto-deleted...
Because reading false information on such good platform is not good. It creates wrong impression.
Temilicious (7 stories) (99 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2016-12-06)
You died four times?

Is that even possible?

Don't mean to be rude, but 4 times?
Temilicious (7 stories) (99 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2016-12-06)
After reading Tweed's comment I went and read your first post...

Oh boi.

Thought I was going to defend you, but I have nothing to say.

Interesting posts though.
roylynx (guest)
+2
7 years ago (2016-12-05)
Miracles51031; My problem solved! Thank you!
I am feeling sorry to you guys that you need to cope with all sorts of stories like this one here!
I wish I could help even a little.

E.Lynx
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
7 years ago (2016-12-05)
roylynx - go to your account, then edit profile. There will be a pulldown tab with your favorite posters. There is also a separate one for favorite stories. Click on the pulldown tab, choose whomever you wish to delete as a favorite.
roylynx (guest)
+2
7 years ago (2016-12-05)
What!?
What a shock!
Why are there so many problematic people around?

Can I how can I undo my favorite lists... How sad!

E.Lynx
RANDYM (2 stories) (266 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2016-12-04)
DirtCreature,

I couldn't agree more.
I have seen people with my own eyes that are wanting to experience something so bad that they see every shadow and hear every sound as paranormal.
And you are right.
There is a reason for a veil. Once death occurs, that is a sign that a person's time on earth is over and they are meant to move on to their next step.
Reaching the other side of life is a journey. But its the journey we all take that we learn and grow. That is why we're here.

Randy
DirtCreature (guest)
+2
7 years ago (2016-12-04)
[at] Randym, even people that are sensitive to the other side seem to have experiences few and far between or the experience at hand is something minor like seeing an apparition, hearing someone call their name, or stuff happening as a child (an age when one is close to the veil as some would say). I am generally skeptical of stories on here that are over the top and extreme or sounds like it came out of a hollywood movie. I consider my mother a little sensitive (for lack of a better word) but she's only had a handful of experiences in her 60 years of life. Definitely not a Jennifer Love Hewitt Ghost Whisperer!:P I do believe that some people who have never had ghost experiences find it fascinating and may desperately make up stories because it feels exciting, not so much out of malicious intent just wanting to feel good. The veil between life and death is a good thing and it seems some people really want to cut a hole in it because they watch way too much Supernatural.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+3
7 years ago (2016-12-04)
Tweed - don't forget the many aliases that have been used on our site 😉
RANDYM (2 stories) (266 posts)
+4
7 years ago (2016-12-04)
Tweed
I wish I had your detective skills
Great job.

It also bother me greatly when people come to a site like this to try out their writing skills. I guess it is a cry for attention. What they really want is praise.

Sorry ahead of time if I offend anyone but one thing I look out for is when someone starts off by saying "I've had a whole bunch of paranormal experiences." Now I realize that some on here are sensitive to the other side and I am not in anyway referring to
Those members. I say that because most people are NOT sensitive to
The paranormal and the fact is that true paranormal experiences are
Rare. Most people never have one in their lifetime, at least not that they know of.

Well, that is enough grumbling out of me for one day.
I think I will hit the couch and see if I can have a episode of
Sleep paralysis and try and get in touch with my high self.
Hope he,me,it. Is having a better day.
Sorry folks, I'm from Kentucky and sometimes I think I am my own cousin.

Randy

Take care everyone
Minxiekitten (5 posts)
+4
7 years ago (2016-12-04)
Shame this appears to be fraudulent, though very entertainingly written.

Random aside: "Whovian" is used very frequently here in the UK, which is much nicer than "Who-er"!
DandK (11 stories) (344 posts)
+5
7 years ago (2016-12-03)
Tweed, thanks for that! The creepypasta bio is very likely the same person. They both make the same writing mistakes (e.g. The use of 'a' when they should use 'an' is a pet peeve of mine).

I guess they're crying for help.
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+3
7 years ago (2016-12-03)
Biblio, grumbling, here.

I'd thought that the "Dr. Who" spelling was unusual for a fan of the "Dcotor Who" program, which (to the best of my knowledge) has never been referred to as "Dr. Who" by the BBC.

If this is a fraudulent narrative, as Tweed suspects, it would also account for my cousin's failure to relate any supernatural experiences. He's not held back on discussing his "normal" interactions (which means he's met many famous people). He's told me about chatting with Will Smith (very friendly), Dame Judi Dench (sweet and kind), Rihanna (charming), Daniel Craig (decent guy, but not a morning person), John Hannah (who remembered my cousin's name when he met him elsewhere 9 months later!), Ross Noble (he's even funnier in person), Sir Roger Moore, Sir Bruce Forsyth, and he told me about the time Lionel Ritchie asked him to sit in the otherwise-empty studio for a 3-song solo performance to check the sound levels; he's described waiting in the rain for Princess Charlotte to be born; filming London's Fashion Week; filming the Olympics; being sent to the Isle of Wight to film the TT Racing every year for 4 or 5 years straight (they paid him to watch one of his favorite sporting events from an excellent vantage point); he's even described *not* talking when he was recording the Prime Minister for a televised interview from Number 10, Downing Street. Hell, after all that, it does seem odd that he'd neglect to mention dead people wondering about in Broadcast House; that's really more mundane than his everyday job.
-Biblio.
DirtCreature (guest)
+2
7 years ago (2016-12-03)
Meh. Not surprised about someone lying on here. This is definitely prone to happening on any kind of forum site especially on the internet. I find it sad that someone would go to such great lengths to try and lie to a bunch of people who have done nothing to them. Because that's some sure dedication. Do people who do this feel desperate for attention and being apart of the "group" or nonbelievers getting a kick out of trying to fool someone? Either way, the profile is definitely a red flag (thank you for pointing it out Tweed. You're awesome as always.) if you read it haha.
Manafon1 (6 stories) (712 posts)
+4
7 years ago (2016-12-03)
Tweed--Fantastic work you have done on this story and the author. I did initially respond to this story in the positive but right after posting something hit me that seemed very questionable. The writer claims to work at the BBC and to be a big Doctor Who fan yet states to have only seen "grainy" photos of the first Doctor Who, William Hartnell.

As all the remaining Hartnell era Doc Who episodes are widely available on DVDs released by the BBC it seems highly unlikely this person wouldn't have any idea what Hartnell looked like. Especially as she states she is a "Whovian". That term is actually an American term that was commonly used in the 1980s to denote a Doctor Who fan. Not only that but every photo I have ever seen of Hartnell are crisp images, usually taken by the BBC publicity department. I mean he died in 1975 not 1875. Photographs of a well known actor from the latter part of the last century are of high quality. It would actually be very difficult to find a grainy photo of Hartnell as opposed to a clear one!

I have to admit that the idea of ghosts hanging out at the BBC captured my imagination. I do feel duped now. The spelling and capitalization errors that run through the account should have been a bigger red flag but I was fixed on the idea of the apparition of William Hartnell. Oh well. At any rate, thanks for your investigative endeavors Tweed! It sucks when people come on YGS to see if they can fool its readership.
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
+7
7 years ago (2016-12-03)
I don't believe a word of this. Didn't believe a word of the first story.
I hate that good people are being deceived, the community's reaction shows how good natured the people at YGS really are. Give it time, I believe this member will show their true colours, as they've done so before. When it happens, don't let it discourage you.
I believe this is someone who knows exactly how to appeal to certain people.

My husband made the Francois Cevert connection after the first story, he thinks this is building up to a reincarnation type conspiracy saga.
I contacted an old band mate who's worked for BBC London on and off for about 12 years. He'd never heard of this person. Another guy, who has directing and writing credits stretching back to the late 90's, also has never heard of this person.
It's a big place, it's possible not to know someone after many years. But the biggest thing for me is not that these filmy guys haven't heard of her, it's how this entire narrative is constructed. It feels phoney, manipulative, and all too familiar.

I believe this to be the same person, I've copy pasted the text in this link, lest it suddenly disappear from the internets:
Http://www.creepypasta.org/user/diamondcevert

"I am 43 years old. Born in France. Grew up in the UK and France. Currently live in London, UK (7mths of the year) and France (5mths of the year). I no longer reside in Australia as of end of August 2016. My real name is CRISTINE. I work in PR (Back in UK full time now to run the family buisness) and as a Photographer in Motorsport (Contracted My FIA) . I also Train and Show/Breed Thoroughbred Horses. I'm recently taken having found my lovely partner Samantha (Artist/Writer/Photographer) who is 39 and from Germany (And also a MAD Creepypasta Fan!) . I have no children but do have many beloved pets (2 dogs, 1 cat, 2 ferrets, a large pond of Koi Fish, A Parrot (An Australian Sulpha Crested Cockatoo Imported 2001 and Female and she loves talking and swearing and thinks she's a phone at times) and 5 Horses) and a much loved 1969 Chevrolet Impala (Black and Imported to UK by myself as a 40th Birthday Gift to Myself in 2013!) that I really love driving and listening to my fav. Hard rock and heavy metal music (not this crap modern wimpy pop shiate). I love anything Horror/Supernatural/Ghosts/Apocolypse/Serial Killers. The scarier the better. Currently I'm a Member and Part Organiser of the Local Amatuer Horror/Supernatural/ Creepypasta Writers Club here in London, UK named The NIGHTOWL SCARE EM GOOD WRITERS CLUB:I'm only just starting out with my writing but I hope to have some who enjoy what I do here in the future. I have had a few of my early creepypasta type stories printed in a Amatuer Horror writers magazine run as a underground horror story and fanzine of all things horror / creepy/ supernatural etc. The magazine is called: Dark Underworld. If your interested in joining it (free to all UK residents (small cost for post anywhere else always Avaidable and happy to send to you anywhere) let me know via email anytime)... And I will also answer any questions reguarding the club and magazine if your interested. Thanks for reading. DiamondCevert (Cristine Vellente) "

Compare with:
Http://www.yourghoststories.com/user-profile.php?user=76925

"Hello, my name is Samantha Cevert-Hollande. I'm 43. And I work as a Proffesional Photographer and Set Designer for the BBC Television Co. Here in London,UK.
I was born in Germany but adopted at age 2 and brought to live with my wonderful special family here in the UK. My dad Luc (75) is a Artist and Writer. And my now sadly late mother Michelle (passed away 2015 from Breast Cancer) was a Nurse. I have 2 adopted brothers James (47) and Nicolaus (39) and an adopted Sister Rebecca (35) who was born deaf so I know and can sign language.
I'm happily married now (2nd time round) to my wonderful husband Alex. And have 2 sons from my first marriage: D'Arcy (25) and Shane (21).
I'm a Sensitive and a psychic Photo reader. I've been able to see and communicate with spirits since I was 12 (something happened after I had a near fatal car accident. I was in a coma 4 mths and not long after I came too I was able to do and see some things I couldn't before. I was afraid at first but soon realised not to be and see what I have as a gift. And I try to help people where I can and always for free).
I also like reading Tarot Cards, Using Crystals to cleanse homes and help natural chakra healing for people (which I also do and free of charge) and exploring haunted and abandoned places (I have travelled to many places in various countries to do so. My favourite has been to Alcatraz in 2011).
When not working I like painting and sculpting and writing short stories. Hanging out with friends and family. And showing my German Shephard dogs (we have 4: 1 male and 3 Female).

Thanks for reading.
Samantha Cevert-Hollande aka BlackDiamondRattlesnake!"

In the words of Penn and Teller, okay mostly Penn:
"Fool us"
valkricry (49 stories) (3268 posts) mod
+2
7 years ago (2016-12-03)
Absolutely loved this, it went into my faves!
I thought I'd let you know, because my roommate is a huge Dr. Who fan, I read him the part about William Hartnell - like 10 times at his request! Lol He was just so excited to hear about that. It lit him up like a child on Christmas morn, and brought him out of his shell for quite a bit. I'd like to thank you for that.
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2016-12-02)
First off - your story is an instant favorite:) Please write more - you are a joy to read!

And, I have to say, it just figures that the BBC would play host to such overwhelmingly polite ghosts:) ...well, aside from the one bottom pincher - cheeky devil;)
BeagleMom (3 stories) (84 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2016-11-30)
Well, my dear, If I may call you "My Dear",

That story has elevated you to the status of one of my "Favorite Posters"! Always an Anglophile, I adore anything having to do with England. (My hubby and I are celebrating our 50th Wedding Anniversary this year, and have decided to treat ourselves to a trip to London for a week, and then on to Ireland where we will celebrate with college friends on a grand tour.) I dare say I would love to tour BBC, but we have our plans for the week set in stone.

Again, I thank you for your story and didn't mind its length at all! Truly Fascinating!


Mother of Beagles
BlackDiamondRattlesnake (2 stories) (9 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2016-11-30)
Thankyou everyone for your kind replies. I'm glad you enjoyed my second experience story posted. I thought you probably would as the place has a lot if interesting history and spirits.

To answer some questions right now and reply to remarks made:

1/ How did I not know William was a ghost right away when I saw him?
At first I didn't even realise it was the late brilliant dr who actor until my now retired boss who had previous friendly meetings with him helped me work out who the helpful man was. I sadly could only remember very grainy photos of him which made it had to picture him properly despite being a massive whovian (dr who fan).
When I first saw him in the backstage slipps area he looked as real and as living as the few other people around in our nearby workshop. He didn't look like a ghost and looked solid as a living person, didn't see things through him and he gave off the same energies as a living person. Which is why I was so startled to learn he was one a spirit and two the great William Hartnell.

Also Thankyou to the person who corrcted me by saying he had died in 1975 not the late 1960's as I origionally thought. I appreciate the help. And I didn't realise he died after I was born (I was born 1973) always thought he'd passed before.

Yes, I was very happy to have met him even in spirit form. I count myself lucky that I got to talk to him as I really enjoyed how kind he was to me. Almost like he knew I was new and worked there so he wanted to try to make me feel comfortable and welcome in my new job. At least that's the feeling I get from him.

I have seen him around here and there since in studios 1 and 2. He is still always very friendly and kind.

2/ a stone?
Is an English weight measurement we usually use to weight adults. At 8 stone and 5'9". As a female of 43, I'd be seen as adverage weight for my height. Despite my bad injuries in a car accident when I was in my teens I'm actually fairly fit and healthy sized for my age.

3/ the cousin who works here too didn't tell you we had a lot of interactive ghosts?
Naughty cousin smack their bottom (lol not really!) . Maybe you should ask your cousin if they've had any interactions or heard of anyone who has. They may just spill the beans for you.

Otherwise:
Yes, I love my job here at the studios. I've worked with and met some fantastic people over the years and wouldn't change my job for the world. And it's a great team to work for. They make you feel like family. I will stay on as long as they'll have me. And hope to work here until either my body gives up or I die (maybe I'll haunt here too) or stay happily working until I retire in 20years or so give or take.

After all I've already been here since 1996. Celebrated 20yrs in April 2016.

Sure as hell beats my old job. Believe it or not after finishing college and doing my teaching degree. My first job was a junior primary school art teacher. It was good for a time but I knew I wasn't cut out to be a teacher for life.
So more schooling later and I have and still work at my dream job. I wouldn't change it for the world.

Glad that so many of you enjoyed this account and I hope to post more of my many many stories I could share if your interested when I have the time to do so. I won't overload you with all of them at once or you'll probably get sick of me lol. But I will post here and there and hope you continue to enjoy.

With many blessings to you all,
BlackDiamondRattlesnake
valkricry (49 stories) (3268 posts) mod
+2
7 years ago (2016-11-30)
Wish -
A stone is about 14 pounds, so 16 stone would be about 224 pounds.
BDR will have to answer the other question herself. Lol
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2016-11-30)
Samantha (BDR) - Just a fascinating account of an incredible place to work. I really like all the detail of all the different locations.

I do have a couple of questions,

First, do you not know all the time when you are looking at a ghost? When you came across Mr. William Hartnell, "Not knowing he was in spirit..." I would assume that you could tell the differences with your abilities.

Second, one has to excuse my inexperience, a couple times you used the word stone as a measurement. "6' tall and probably 16 stone..." Stone =?

I am really enjoying your accounts and looking forward to any new ones that you might add.
roylynx (guest)
 
7 years ago (2016-11-30)
Very informative! Yes, I have heard that the BBC Studio is very active, but unfortunately I have had no access to the studio to go check it out during the time we were in London. I really really wish one day I can have a chance to investigate the studio, well not only investigating; going into the studio would be interesting too! This will go to my favorite for sure! Thank you very much for all that information!

Love from São Paulo

E.Lynx
twelveam (74 posts)
 
7 years ago (2016-11-30)
GREAT READING! Truly a fascinating story! I think it's extremely cool that you work in such a job with a strong connection with the past and the people (spirits) that go along with it! It must be very exciting going to work every day knowing that a new experience is most likely awaiting you at any given moment. I wish I had that opportunity. Thank you for sharing all your experiences and knowledge of the BBC studios, well written!
Argette (guest)
 
7 years ago (2016-11-29)
Thank you for this absolutely intriguing account! It sounds like you have a fascinating job working with interesting people. That alone is inspiring, and the haunted studio is icing on the cake.

We, my husband and I, are huge fans of British TV, so this story is especially welcome.
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2016-11-29)
Greetings, BlackDiamondRattlesnake:

My cousin has worked there for years (Camera, now Booth) and he's not mentioned a single one of this stories to me! I was delighted to hear how helpful William Hartnell is! I've almost forgiven my cousin for not letting me know he's still there!

Best,
Biblio.
Kindly_refrain (16 stories) (195 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2016-11-29)
I have absolutely nothing to add to your story but just wanted to say that it was very interesting.

That so many of the ghosts at the BBC London studios are interactive is especially intriguing.

Thanks for sharing the many accounts that you've gathered.
Manafon1 (6 stories) (712 posts)
 
7 years ago (2016-11-29)
Hi BlackDiamondRattlesnake--It's funny, I saw the title of your latest account and the first thing I thought was, "I wonder if she ever saw the ghost of William Hartnell." To say I was stunned when you mention just that straight off was a stunner! I know he filmed the majority of his Doctor Who episodes at the long since demolished Lime Grove Studios but he did, of course, shoot episodes at your location as well. What a nice thought that he still likes to help out around the studio. Gave me a much needed, "warm fuzzy" feeling. Hartnell didn't die in the 1960s though but 1975. As a fan of the original series I just had to add that.

All the other incidents you mention really illuminate nicely the active paranormal activity of the BBC studios--thanks for sharing! I wish I could figure out who the famous deceased bum pinching director is. It's humorous to think that this director is still plying his mega un-PC moves on the unsuspecting cleaning staff. Thanks for sharing your fascinating account.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: