You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Shadow People :: My First Experience With The Paranormal

Real Ghost Stories

My First Experience With The Paranormal

 

This building we lived in is OLD and was built (after I researched and found out) on an old huge mansion and a park was there before the mansion. The funny thing is I now live in this building again with my fiance and my mom lives a couple floors down as well. My great-grandma lived two buildings over and actually had experiences with her own shadow man, but hers had a baseball bat; seeing as she was a spiritual medium (as am I) she was never scared and knew exactly who and what she was dealing with. This happened when I was about 4 years old and only my mom and I were home at the time, now my mom ALWAYS used the bathroom with the door open while only the 2 of us were home so she could keep an eye on me. I was playing in the hallway and the bathroom was at the end of this hallway. I remember playing with one of my older brothers trucks or cars and the sun got super bright, I mean like if you looked at it, it would blind you kind of bright, and both my mom and I happened to look up and there was a shadow man with a top hat and a dog walking casually (ok not so casually his arms kind of looked like he was flailing them but while walking if that makes sense?) on the wall towards the bathroom. I looked at my mom and she yelled at me to come in the bathroom with her... She was holding me so tight, but I didn't feel threatened or even scared... This is just the first occurrence in this apartment and the first I remember that happened in my lifetime... I will be writing another one after this to just show what this apartment and others after this felt like... If you have any questions or comments, I will be sure to answer them.

Other hauntings by GhostlyGirl1983

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, GhostlyGirl1983, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

GhostlyGirl1983 (3 stories) (2 posts)
 
7 years ago (2016-12-04)
I remember the day like it was yesterday, it was a regular sunny day there were no clouds in the sky (I remember this because before I went to play we were on the balcony looking at the balloons at the used car lot across the street) My mom also remembers it being a normal sunny day also...
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2016-12-03)
"... It was like the shadow used the suns power to manifest itself. I was on the ground..."
Considering that the sun light we see has to travel for over 146 million kilometers and over 8 minutes before reaching planet earth... I find it highly improbable that the shadow'd use the sun's energy to manifest.

Do your mother or you remember anything else that could have caused this brightness?

Thanks for sharing.
GhostlyGirl1983 (3 stories) (2 posts)
 
7 years ago (2016-12-03)
It was already a sunny day, so I mean that the sun got 10 times brighter, literally. It was like the shadow used the suns power to manifest itself. I was on the ground, I'm glad you liked it there will definitely be more.:)
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
 
7 years ago (2016-12-03)
Hi GhostlyGirl,

Thanks for sharing this. I guess your mother was more concerned with protecting you against this completely bizarre event.
When you say the sun got brighter do you mean this was part of the encounter, as in felt like something which shouldn't have otherwise occurred? Or do you mean as in the sun came from behind a cloud?
Also were you on the ground floor when this happened?

Cool experience, enjoyed it. 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: