You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ouija Board / Seances :: Ghost Engraving Words Part 2

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost Engraving Words Part 2

 

Guys, things just got real. If you haven't seen it already, part one was basically normal ghost things, such as things moving on their own and whatnot. But I have a very... Unusual update. I decided to hold a seance, to try to actually talk to the ghost. I was really scared to do it alone, so I convinced my buddy Connor to help me. We turned all the lights off, lit a few candles, and used a glass ball in the middle of my coffee table.

Before we even said anything, I heard a noise, like a breeze shaking curtains. I asked Connor if he heard it, but he said he hadn't.

Apparently Connor didn't know what we were doing, so he yelled, "Get out, foul spirit!" To which I slapped him really hard. I'm not sure if he provoked the ghost in any way, but after this he began to hear the things I heard, which I knew because the curtain noise began to happen again, and this time he told me he did hear it.

As soon as I gathered the courage, I blurted out, "Why are you here?" Absolutely nothing happened. I asked again. "Why are you here?" This time the glass ball began to move around a little bit. I saw Connor's face turn white, and he asked if we could stop. I told him it's bad luck to quit in the middle of a conversation, and he rolled his eyes at me. The next thing that happened was when Connor asked a question. "Why are you stuck?" He asked. The glass ball began to roll in circles a bit, and Connor asked if we could have a straight answer.

I told him that this stuff was complicated, and he pulled his phone and told me to tell him when something happens. He was texting for a few moments when he got a text from, "?" And he asked me what it said. I didn't know what it meant, but then he showed me his phone. He had a text that read, "Lie leech foardat jo binne fûn" Which seemed like a different language. This made no sense to me, as the ghost was using english before.

Shortly after this, Connor had to leave. Nothing else has happened since then, but I will keep updating as I'm sure there is more paranormalities to come, and if

Anyone knows what "Lie leech foardat jo binne fûn" means then please inform me, because I have no clue. Also let me clarify, There is no way the breeze noise was just from the wind, because all the glass windows were closed and locked, and had blinds in front of them.

Other hauntings by EggMcMuffin

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Oregon

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, EggMcMuffin, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2016-12-15)
Well, looks like we have a pretty good crowd hanging out here on the fence today - I believe I'll join.
AndiKate81 (1 stories) (5 posts)
+3
7 years ago (2016-12-13)
I'm glad I'm not the only one who read both and think it's a farce.
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2016-12-13)
An aside for lady-glow:

Oh... My mistake.

Now that I've leaped back from my erroneous conclusion, that is a very good question. I'm imagining a planchette doing a Chubby Checker's "Twist" above the vowel...

-Biblio.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2016-12-12)
Biblio: I didn't explain myself properly. My question was not so much about what to do to type a 'circumflex u'; what I would like to know is how the OP got one from a home made Ouija board with an English alphabet which, I assume, didn't include German symbols. 😕

Thanks for the tip, I always have trouble when trying to type a tilde (-) over the letter 'N' when wishing my Spanish speaking friends a happy new year... The resulting word means something very different to 'year'! 😆
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2016-12-11)
Greetings, all.
A few thoughts:
1. Phantom has suggested that the source language is Western Frisian, but that would be "Lizze leech foardat jo binne fûn" not "Lie leech foardat jo binne fûn" which would then translate into "lie low before you are found." My awareness of Frisian extends to reading Rink van der Velde in English translation. The father of one of my students is from the Netherlands; he's also a professor of modern languages. I'll try to get his opinion.
2. Lady-glow, the shape over the "u" is a circumflex; if you type "circumflex u" into google, you can copy-and-paste the result. [If you're more tech-savvy than I am, the Unicode code point is U+00FB for lower-case, and U+00DB for the capitalized one.] Additionally, two dots over a letter is a "dieresis" (or an "umlaut"), if you need that, too.
3. I find myself in complete agreement with Tweed. Again. Dammit, Tweed, stop getting to my ideas before I do. 😉

Best,
Biblio.
valkricry (49 stories) (3268 posts) mod
+1
7 years ago (2016-12-07)
I have a question. In story one, you state "I haven't told anyone' yet Connor seems to know. Did you tell him about the stuck part?
Also like lady-glow, I'm unsure how you expected to obtain answers, unless you laid out ground rules first... Hmmmm.
RCRuskin (9 stories) (815 posts)
 
7 years ago (2016-12-07)
No offense intended, but just because windows are closed and latched does not rule out outside wind. There could be a draft, and I'd suggest doing a smoke test to confirm. Light and blow out a candle, and while the smoke is still coming off the wick, hold it next to a window and check for movement.

Lady Glow: Lying with leeches does not sound fun at all, so it does make sense. 😆 I'm more inclined to agree with Phantom's Google translation.

Putting this together with your previous post about words being engraved, I have an idea this might be a spirit trying to drag you to a Very Bad Place.

Proceed with caution, and get help, please, from those who know what they are doing and take this seriously.
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
+3
7 years ago (2016-12-07)
Oh dear.

I went back and read the first one again. Both stories include the 'will not comment' option. Yet both stories describe ongoing drama. That doesn't make sense to me. What does is someone's had the bus arrive before, and doesn't want to encourage said bus by commenting. What was that translation again?: "Lie low before you are found", sounds about right. 😉
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2016-12-07)
Egg,

OK this whole experience just goes to show,"young adults, and children, hey even a few select adults" should never attempt or use a Quija.

I get it your curious, and want to know the what and whys of the spirit residing. But I think in this particular case you need to do a cleansing and shielding. And leave this spirit alone.

From what you have written your friend wasn't taking the Convo seriously and decided to play this prank on you.
How he pulled it off, I haven't a clue.

The rattling could have been from the water heater, or a/c blowing through the vents. When all is quiet, sounds tend to amplify a bit.

Thanks for sharing
Spiritwaiting
Phantom_0 (1 stories) (3 posts)
+4
7 years ago (2016-12-06)
I'm a lurker here for some time on and off, but decided to comment on your story, because I have an answer to your question on the translation of the text.

It appears to be Western Frisian, a Germanic language spoken around the Netherlands, and translates to: "Lie low before you are found" according to Google Translate. No idea what that is supposed to mean, but hope that helps in some way.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2016-12-06)
Guess what... I asked the spirit in my Ouija board if it knew the meaning of "Lie leech foardat jo binne fun" and it said it means "leech lying, that job is no fun". Does that make sense? 😆 😆 😆
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
+5
7 years ago (2016-12-06)
What.The.WHAT?!

"...I decided to hold a seance, to try to actually talk to the ghost. I was really scared to do it alone, so I convinced my buddy Connor to help me..."
"Apparently Connor didn't know what we were doing, so he yelled, "Get out, foul spirit!"..."

Do you mean you invited Connor to help but he didn't have a clue what he would be doing? Was he aware of the 'disturbances' taking place in your house?
Who in their right mind would start texting just when the real action was in its peak? 🤔

I assume you draw the alphabet on the surface of the coffee table, otherwise I wouldn't understand how you got an answer to your questions... Although I need you to explain how it was possible to get the little "^" over the word fun.

With the due respect, but your story is all over the place and looks like a parody of the show 'Ghost Adventures"

Thanks for sharing, I hope the activity in your place ends with this story. 😆

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: