You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Memories From An Alleged Haunted House

Real Ghost Stories

Memories From An Alleged Haunted House

 

I have had many occurrences dating back to when I was 5 years old. For this story I will focus on my experiences from a house I lived in, in Ringgold GA where I could swear to this day was haunted. At 5 I started having these reoccurring dreams (I know this isn't the place for dreams but I'm convinced they were influenced by a dark entity) where I am in bed in my room, however, I am unable to move. Directly in front of me is a dark, shadow like figure with no face walking toward me. I have heard of similar experiences with sleep paralysis but that doesn't explain the next part. If I didn't wake up before the shadow reached me, then my room would disappear and next thing I knew I was in this dark place surrounded by what I could only describe as people standing close together on fire with what look like swords drawn. I could hear high pitched screaming in the background. I would always wake up terrified and screaming, as would be normal for a child that age. As I got older that dream became less frequent and I learned to wake myself up before the shadow reached me. We moved at age 11 and I had it one more time while I was at my grandparent's house, but in the dream I was back in my bed at the Ringgold house.

The next occurrence at the Ringgold house that I remember was when I was age 9. We always kept box fan running in the hallway at night time. One night I woke up to hearing this really loud thumping noise in the hallway. It woke up my parents as well as we all went into the hallway to see this box fan bouncing around on its own. My dad unplugged the box fan and one of the plastic fan blades was completely broken off. The fan blades were all one piece and there was nothing anywhere close to the fan to obstruct it. The fan guards were intact on both sides. We had no indoor pets that could have interfered with it. Just a strange phenomenon we could not explain.

The last occurrence that I know of at that house was told to me by my parent's only a couple of years ago but I was about 9 years old when this occurred. Both my parents were asleep one night and all of a sudden my mom was woken up to my dad fighting an invisible force in his sleep. Dad did not sleep walk or move at all in his sleep and to my knowledge never has since then. When Dad woke up that night it felt like something had a hold of his leg, but neither he, nor my mom could see anything.

I have had other occurrences more recent that I will post later, but these were by far the most unsettling.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Tennessee

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Infikiran, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Infikiran (1 stories) (15 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-01-24)
Thanks Kikigirl for your response, sorry for replying so late haven't been on in a while.
I was prone to nightmares while I was there but that one in particular is the only one I remember in detail. It was reoccurring, sometimes would have it every other night or at least once a week. As is the case in most dreams, you are not aware you are dreaming unless you are lucid dreaming. In this case I was always aware that I was in the dream but I had no control over what was happening. I would be in bed and could not move. Nothing was off about my bedroom except for the shadow figure in my room.
Now when I was between 12 and 13 I remember having a dream where I was on a date with a blonde girl. We went to a restaurant and drove around in a red convertible. Outside the car I leaned in to kiss her and she turned into a rapidly rotting corpse in my arms and I woke up.
KikiGirl (8 stories) (207 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-01-18)
Hi Infikiran!

I definitely can relate to your childhood nightmares seeming, really, very more real then they should. Were there any other nightmares that you had that you can remember? Normally, when there is bad energy around us, we process it in different ways, and being a child and that much more susceptible to it, I am wondering if it could have been evident in other dreams?

I definitely get the jeebies from your story!
Infikiran (1 stories) (15 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2016-12-14)
Very true Manafon1. Whether it be a wild imagination or a true paranormal experience it scared the bejeezus out of me lol.

At any rate a few years ago, memories of this experience sparked my interest in paranormal studies. I've seen here and other places where people have had similar experiences and its always comforting and intriguing to see I'm not alone in these experiences.
Manafon1 (6 stories) (712 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2016-12-14)
Infikiran--Children are definitely very susceptible to having paranormal experiences. Tons of people on this site have reported their childhood paranormal encounters.
However, children are also likely to suffer intense nightmares at a higher frequency than adults.

What you experienced may have had a paranormal element but it just as equally could have been an overactive imagination leading to vivid and intense nightmares. I had several childhood paranormal experiences but I also suffered from really bad nightmares. My nightmares were definitely influenced by my wild imagination. Since there doesn't seem to be anything in your account that seems undeniably paranormal I was just suggesting some alternatives. Either way, your dreams were freaky!
Infikiran (1 stories) (15 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2016-12-14)
I understand the fan part, just a strange coincidence I guess.

As far as the bodies on fire I didn't quite say that. I said people were standing close together and were on fire with what looked like swords drawn. It was as if I was on an alter about to be sacrificed.

I understand that occurrences could have non-paranormal explanations but there was a darkness I felt in that house that I cannot explain and haven't felt since. You can't really put a feeling in a story I guess lol.
I could be wrong but I always felt that children were more in-tuned to supernatural occurrences than most adults, due to their developing mind. In a way I've always wondered if this is why I haven't experienced this again.
Manafon1 (6 stories) (712 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2016-12-13)
Infikiran--Your recurring dream does indeed sound like sleep paralysis. You wrote that the aspect of the room going dark and bodies on fire along with a high pitched scream only occurred if you didn't wake up, which would suggest you had drifted back into sleep and were having nightmares. These nightmares seem to have been a continuation of sorts of the sleep paralysis.

Anno Domini has given a great non-paranormal explanation of what could happened to your fan. If there was even a hairline crack in the blade, that could have caused it to break apart.

As for your dad "fighting an invisible force in his sleep", people can have fluke sleep incidents. My wife told me that she once woke up to find me thrashing in my sleep. This has never happened again, so it is very possible your dad was just having a dream that he partially, physically acted out.

These incidents might have been unpleasant/odd but nothing that couldn't have "normal" non-paranormal explanations.
Anno_Domini (3 stories) (167 posts)
+3
7 years ago (2016-12-13)
From an engineering perspective, what happened with the fan is not supernatural. Fan blades, even metal ones, especially on cheap or budget appliances are totally capable of breaking on their own due to the stresses they are subject to, and materials such as plastics also degrade with age, making them weaker and more susceptible to breaking. Now when that happens, the fan blade assembly (3, 4 or 5 blades together) is asymmetrical (uneven) and when it spins at high velocity would cause the box fan to vibrate and even jump about. This would be more pronounced when there is a broken blade that it's colliding with.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: