You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Creepiest Cemetery Of All

Real Ghost Stories

Creepiest Cemetery Of All

 

If you're ever up for a creepy experience then go to Blandford cemetery in Petersburg, VA. I've been to a lot of cemeteries but this one in particular is the scariest. I go there to visit dead family members such as my aunt named Patricia, she died at 6 months old so I never met her, but every time I go I feel as if I'm being watched. My family and I took pictures of her grave and in every picture there were strange lights surrounding her grave and our cameras have died whenever we tried to take over a certain amount of photos regardless of a full battery.

Another creepy experience I had is one day me and my sister visited and it was in the summer so the temperature was way too hot but the moment we got out of the car the temperature dropped dramatically. I checked my phone to view the weather and was surprised to see it saying 90F but it felt like around the 60's. Me and my sister shrugged it off and as we were walking by graves we both heard piano music being played and we thought it was our grandma messing with her phone but her phone was off and in the car. To make matters even creepier the music kept drifting further away one minute then it sounded like it was right in our ears only to drift out again. We tried to find the sound thinking it was someone else in the cemetery but no one was there on this day which isn't surprising considering the location is really bad, full of drugs, and abandoned neighborhoods. We kept looking only to pin point the sound to a secluded grave close to the woods. But even then it was still drifting.

As we left the cemetery my sister and I got a sick feeling like we were about to throw up and when my sister looked out the window she saw a dark figure run into the woods. When I looked over I saw nothing but just thinking about this entire experience is too creepy. I've had a few other experiences such as dreams of a grave that isn't there and etc but I don't find them good enough to tell.

-stay spooky, thanks for reading!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Virginia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Goretorium, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

elfstone810 (227 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2016-12-24)
Hi! Great story. Thanks for sharing.

I'm not trying to cast doubt on your experience at all but I wanted to point out that there is a possible natural explanation for the piano music. Sometimes random objects like fence wire, metal headboards, and even metal fillings in teeth can pick up radio signals. Back in (I think) the forties a Chicago radio station boosted their signal and for several weeks every fence and bed and guy wire in a fifty mile radius was playing Glen Miller and advertising Bryl Cream.

When I was a kid my mom would sometimes hang a wire coat hanger on the headboard so I could hear the local radio station. (Just as a novelty--we did have a radio;) )

With so many cell phones nowadays, there are a lot of radio signals floating around. I still don't think it's *likely* that that's what it was, but it is possible.
AFieryCupcake (1 stories) (11 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2016-12-22)
Hi Goretorium,

If it helps, I've had a similar situation at a cemetery here in Scotland. My grandfather, to my knowledge, is my only family member buried there and everytime I went (both in the daytime and at night), by his grave is extremely cold in comparison to other spots at the cemetery. To my knowledge, you and your sister sound like an entity has used your energy (hence feeling sick), how did your grandmother feel? I think it being a graveyard, there are obviously going to be many entities there and by the sounds of it, you ran into a few. The dark figure doesn't sound too happy, but the piano music just sounds like a spirit with musical talent on the other side! A very interesting read, I'm also struggling being followed and seeing a shadow figure just now, so can't really comment on that part, apologies!
Enlightened1959 (8 stories) (118 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2016-12-22)
Goretorium,

Nice read! Your experience took me back about 30 years ago when my husband, brother and I would go to this particular cemetery in Western Kentucky where we had family members buried. Of course it was always at night to scare ourselves. We saw traveling lights which kind of looked like someone invisible carrying a candle or flashlight. There was a church right next to the cemetery and we saw movement inside when we looked through the windows. Very, very odd.

Thanks for sharing!
roylynx (guest)
+1
7 years ago (2016-12-22)
Wow, musical spirit! I like this sort of story! My friend's uncle said that he have went to a haunted opera house like many years ago (which now is a new tall building? Or did the opera house itself survived?), he said it was somewhere in Central America. Sorry I have to ask him again where exactly it was. He told me that it was cool inside just like any theater there was an old wooden piano on the "stage" which had rotten off quiet badly. It was late midnight and he and some other friends of him heard somebody testing a microphone (like Tap tap, tap tap)
Suddenly the piano played a note (Do#, or something). And that had spooked them out of the opera house. LOL

Hey and about you and you sister feeling sick when a spirit is near, I have seen many people whom had visited "real" haunted places having the same issue. (Sorry TV and DVD information) I have seen a Japanese documentary program about haunted stories and places. The host, whose name is Inagawa Junji, will have the same puking and headache issues. Is it a psychological effect on our body? Or is the spirits doing these? Really strange...

E.Lynx
Argette (guest)
+1
7 years ago (2016-12-22)
By their very nature, cemeteries can be daunting (and haunting) places. Until I was an actor in one of those historic cemetery tours and had to spend three hours stationed at a gravesite, they terrified me.

I cannot imagine the experience of hearing music floating on the air...
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
+3
7 years ago (2016-12-22)
Hi Goretorium,

Wouldn't it be great if you were hearing a phone ringing in a coffin. 😆
I don't really think that's what it was. Cool experience, were you anywhere near the 'old Blandford church' on that day? While I was reading I 'saw' what I thought was a cottage style house in a cool dark, well shaded garden. I checked out the cemetery online out of interest and up came the 'house' I'd imagined, which the interwebs says is an old church. Don't mean to sound like a creepy weirdo and I wasn't trying to be psychically nosey or anything, anyway that was cool.

Thanks for sharing. 😊
RCRuskin (9 stories) (811 posts)
+3
7 years ago (2016-12-22)
Nice screen name, Goretorium.

And interesting, though somewhat vague, and I mean no insult by this, experiences. By any chance, would you be able to post some of the photos taken so that we may better see what you're talking about?

Thanks.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: