You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Tenant

Real Ghost Stories

The Tenant

 

This was an experience of my mother and all of the tenants of their previous home.

My mother believes that not all people who commit suicide are experiencing something difficult. She knew of two people who committed it that just did it for no apparent reason. Of these two people, one was given a second chance to live and the other unfortunately died.

The one who lived told my mother that he was just staring blankly into space when he "unknowingly" drank the chemical fertilizer beside him. He said that he's not depressed or is not into a situation that can make a person suicidal.

The other one, Ella, was a neighbor of my mother. She was pregnant when she did it.

My mother's family lived in an apartment before and they were close to their neighbors. My mother accounted that Ella and her husband were very nice people and that they don't seem to be into a a situation that would lead into Ella's demise. Ella did it while her husband was out for work.

Ella left everyone confused including her husband, who, because of the tragedy, decided to leave the apartment.

Eventually, a new tenant, an old woman, came in. The old woman had a daughter who visited her often. The daughter doesn't know how to speak the local dialect in the place which is "Cebuano".

One day, the daughter came out from the comfort room in an unusual stance speaking a straight Cebuano. The mother, freaked out of what just occurred and believing that her daughter was possessed, shouted "Go away demon! I know that you are not my daughter, get out from her body now!". The "daughter" then answered, still in Cebuano, "I am not a demon, I am Ella, please pray for me".

For the record, the lady and her daughter did not know of what happened to the previous tenants until that event. Aside that the daughter doesn't speak Cebuano, they also did not know of Ella. The old woman, already hysterical of what was happening caught the attention of all who were present in the building. The daughter, who was allegedly "possessed" by Ella had no idea of what just happened when she returned to her original self. Later on, upon knowing of Ella's fate, the daughter accounted that every time she visits her mother, she will always see a pregnant woman who would just wave and smile at her. Not familiar with the place, she assumed that it was one of the tenants of that building. Indeed, it was a tenant, it was Ella.

Prayers were then offered for Ella's soul. They believed that she really did not intend to take away her life and her baby's. My mother hopes until now that with all those prayers, she and her baby already entered the light. As to the apartment, it was demolished and converted into a commercial building.

Other hauntings by Mona_Lyza

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Mona_Lyza, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Mona_Lyza (3 stories) (17 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-01-02)
RedWolf

That I cannot say, because they claim that she killed herself when her husband was out for work. Maybe someone saw her during the day while her husband is out supporting that it was suicide not murder.
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
7 years ago (2016-12-31)
Mona_Lyza

Is it possible that she did not commit suicide, but rather murdered by her husband instead?

I ask this because many years ago a young Nassau County man killed his pregnant wife on Christmas Eve and reported her missing. After several months of telling lies and her family searching for her he finally showed police where he dumped her body in a lawn garbage bag. Some people are just that evil.

Red.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2016-12-28)
Mona-Lyza: thanks for your reply and explanation, now I understand what you mean.

As you know, we cannot take at face value all the stories in the site, some questioning always opens an opportunity to clarify whatever misunderstanding the original text could create.

Thanks again. 😊
Mona_Lyza (3 stories) (17 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2016-12-27)
[at] lady-glow:

I understand your doubts because I was also made-believed by a certain story of this site that it was real when it's not upon looking on the comments section.

First off, I would like to clarify and correct that the residential building was demolished and a commercial building was then built on the lot. I realized I have misused the terms "demolished" and "converted". Using the two in one object (the apartment) is confusing if not contradictory. It was a pure misnomer. I apologize with the grammatical mistake.

What I meant with my previous comment is that I am wondering what went through me to mention that the building is no longer there and that it was replaced by a commercial one. I thought you pointed it out because you saw that that fact doesn't have to be included in the story.

Lastly, there are a lot of types of commercial buildings and it doesn't necessarily to be "as big as the penthouse of Donald Trump".

I hope I made it clear that this story is authentic despite the minute confusion regarding "demolished", "converted" and "building size". You pointing that out is an opportunity for me to clarify certain details and to prove that "The Tenant" is not a fraudulent narrative.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
 
7 years ago (2016-12-27)
"As to the apartment, no it isn't as big as Donald Trump's penthouse. I didn't know either why did I mention that it was converted into a commercial building. Haha."

Well, Mona_Lyza, I would expect you mentioned this because it's the truth.
Should I think that you're just trying to embellish your story? Could I be blamed if I doubt the authenticity of this story and/or the rest of your experiences? 🤔

Keep in mind that this site is meant for REAL ghost stories, not for works of fiction.
I apologize beforehand if I'm wrong, but lately we've had problems with people trying their (not good) writing skills in the site and submitting stories that look good until questioned, and little details like the lot of a small apartment being large enough to build a commercial building might look like a red flag about the authenticity of a story to some of the readers.
roylynx (guest)
+3
7 years ago (2016-12-27)
Hey, its OK everyone makes mistake call me Lynx like some people here!

To supplementary explain what I want to say is not necessarily a dark force. People do get mental sometimes, like many will say do not let the evil concur our thoughts, there were a member here whom likes to consider every encounter as an evil being, guess what, he got himself in trouble LOL

Good luck further on and again hope everything is OK now

E.Lynx
elfstone810 (227 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2016-12-27)
Hi Mona_Lyza! You can shorten my name to elfstone. I don't mind. 😊

Thanks again for sharing a great story.
Mona_Lyza (3 stories) (17 posts)
-2
7 years ago (2016-12-26)
[at] lady-glow

Considering the circumstances (the daughter not familiar with the place and her having no knowledge of Ella prior to the event), Ella probably chose her so that people will not think that it was only a possession bluff.

As to the apartment, no it isn't as big as Donald Trump's penthouse. I didn't know either why did I mention that it was converted into a commercial building. Haha.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2016-12-26)
"...As to the apartment, it was demolished and converted into a commercial building."
Yikes, I bet that apartment had to be the size of Donald Trump's New York City penthouse! 😆

Sorry, I couldn't resist to make a joke about it!

I guess the lady's daughter was a bit of a sensitive and Ella, seen that she couldn't get her attention, decided to use her as a medium.

Thanks for sharing.
Mona_Lyza (3 stories) (17 posts)
 
7 years ago (2016-12-26)
roylynx and elfstone810:

Yeah, my mother thought so too that a dark or bad force had forced Ella to commit suicide. Maybe because of that force, she lost control of herself and just did what she did without thinking what it could cause her and her baby.

Again, I'm sorry for misspelling your usernames in the previous comment.
Mona_Lyza (3 stories) (17 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2016-12-26)
I'm sorry roylynx and elfstone810, I had you usernames wrong.
Mona_Lyza (3 stories) (17 posts)
 
7 years ago (2016-12-26)
roylnx and elfstone:

Yeah, my mother thought so too that a dark or bad force had forced Ella to commit suicide. Maybe because of that force, she lost control of herself and just did what she did without thinking what it could cause her and her baby.
Mona_Lyza (3 stories) (17 posts)
-1
7 years ago (2016-12-26)
Paranormal_SN and mythem:

Even my mother and those who knew her were confused as to why she did it. With my mother's description, Ella was really a nice and good lady. No one would imagine that she would do that to herself and to her baby.
mythem (guest)
 
7 years ago (2016-12-26)
Ooh, I love this story. It's so touching. I really do wonder why that Ella girl killed herself?
elfstone810 (227 posts)
+4
7 years ago (2016-12-26)
A fascinating story and a sad one. I remember reading a story years ago, I don't know where I read it now and can't vouch for its authenticity but it was told as true.

During the first or second world war an English lady invited some of the officers from a nearby encampment to a formal dinner. One of them brought along a junior officer who he felt could be trusted to behave suitably at the event. The younger officer, though, was acting agitated and distracted all evening. Finally, during dinner, he awkwardly excused himself and bolted from the house.

The senior officer went after him and demanded an explanation for what was then considered unforgivable rudeness. The younger officer said that he thought he was going mad. All evening he'd seen a dark figure that exuded evil following the hostess and telling her to kill herself.

While they were talking another guest came upon them. He'd been sent to fetch the doctor because the hostess, without warning or explanation, had grabbed a knife off the table and stabbed herself.
roylynx (guest)
+1
7 years ago (2016-12-26)
Oh my... What a sad story... I have heard that pregnancy can cause a person to become emotional very easily, I am not sure if that is the reason, just a possibility.

Also, if this is a spiritual thing that had taken away Ms. Ella and her baby's life, it could be a negative karma or the causality of a previous person whom had committed suicide (Sorry I don't use the term demon, but most probably that is what some people may consider as), their emotion will affect the environment psychologically. Let's hope things will be better around.

Blessing from São Paulo
E.Lynx
Paranormal_SN (8 stories) (25 posts)
-2
7 years ago (2016-12-26)
Hi Mona_Lyza, this was really amazing reading. I wonder why did Ella actually commit suicide & what had made her do such a hideous act to herself and her baby. 😐
With Regards,
Paranorma_SN

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: