You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Is This Evidence Of A Ghost?

Real Ghost Stories

Is This Evidence Of A Ghost?

 

I've noticed some very weird stuff going on in my home, starting when I was ten. It's very possible for it to be paranormal related from what I've researched, but I still want to be sure, and if it is I want to know more about it. Before I start, I want to give some quick information. I live in a rural town in northern South Carolina, and we moved into this house when I was six and about to turn seven. I am Autistic and I have Sensory Integration Disorder, which mostly affects my hearing, making it so I can't distinguish background noises from foreground noises; my touch, I have a very sensitive sense of touch; my sense of smell, I cannot smell through my nose, I instead have to breath in and taste the smell, even which is very faint. Finally, I've only known three people who have died, all of which I were never that close to, as I felt almost nothing when they died.

The first strange thing started when I was ten, it might have also happened when I was seven, eight or nine but I don't remember. Whenever I was upstairs, usually in the playroom, I would hear a tapping noise coming from the tv stand, I'd investigate to try to find what made the noise, but I found nothing. I told my parents several times about the noise and even my therapist once, but they never took me seriously. I did at one point come to a conclusion that it was a ghost and I would refer to the noise as the ghost, even telling my friends that my house was haunted. I eventually stopped hearing it when I was eleven, although to this day I would hear a small tap on occasion.

The next thing is the touching, it started when I was twelve. I would often feel something poke me, or a hand resting on my head, back, thigh, or shoulder, both at school, and at home. I would also feel a hand on the back of my leg when I was running in gym class. This thing still continues today.

Next is the voices. This one is pretty self explanatory, but there are still some important details with this one. This one started when I had turned fourteen, which was just five months ago. I started to hear voices, but all they would say was my name. And what's really weird about it, is that it's my parents' voices, most often my dad, and it's really weird because I usually hear them when I'm home alone. Sometimes I'd hear them when my parents are home, even fooling me to go to my dad, only to have him say that he didn't call me. I still hear them, just not as often as when they first started.

There are other things that have been happening, but I don't know if I can put the rest of it in this one. I just want to know if this could be a spirit and if your willing to give advice, do you you need the rest of it. This has been bothering me for years.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, BlitzTheCat, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

lilpeachyghost (12 stories) (21 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-01-07)
Hello lovely, I have aspergers which is a form of autism and have always been told I'm a sensitive. Like someone else commented on your story, I think autistic people have higher vibrations and are much more sensitive to paranormal happenings.

I've also on many occasions heard my mother's voice calling or even screaming my name only to find that she's either asleep or not even in the house at all.

If these experiences frighten you or make you feel uneasy, try to do things that comfort you and make you feel safe or go and sit with one or both of your parents, just so that you're in a room with someone else.

Keep smiling and stay positive ❤
Jessicqqqq (5 stories) (56 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-01-04)
This isn't about the spirit, but I also can't breathe or smell from my nose. I haven't been able to in 15 years due to a huge car accident. My parents never took me to the doctor or hospital after the car accident and now it's like this. I also taste the smell as well haha.
KikiGirl (8 stories) (207 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-01-03)
Hi BlitzTheCat,

Firstly, well done for writing such a positive and truthful article. I can't imagine how it must feel to be sitting there and suddenly hear a tapping noise and have absolutely no clue where it came from! At least, you know that whatever is causing such a noise does not want to harm you because it is only tapping.
Sometimes, a person just has to accept the explainable and realize that you can still find a way to continue your life in a happy, normal way even if sometimes, you experience things that you can't explain.
The most important thing to remember is that you have to find the good in you and find a way to be happy, and everything (even the spiritual) will begin working in the same way. Do little things for yourself like pick flowers and put them in your room, or re-decorate your room, experiment making a new cool drink or paint. Good begets good.
I agree with everyone that you hear your parents because they love you and they focus on you a lot. If it starts, try going and spending time with them, maybe there is something on their mind but they won't tell you.

Also, do something that makes you feel safe, like saying a poem to yourself or envision yourself as an angel with bright wings and a big smile. Remember, a lot of what you think can end up affecting your life in a big way.
mythem (guest)
+2
7 years ago (2017-01-02)
I agree with Randym. When I was younger, I would often hear my parents or grnadparents calling me. This happened usually at school, but I was always looking up to see if they were there. They never were, of course. A year or two after that started, I talked to my parents about it. My dad said he experienced the same thing (more often when he was a kid) and that he thought it was because loved ones are always thinking of us. Like Randym said, it's almost like ESP. I think it happens because of how closely related to your parents you are. That bond can do pretty cool things. It has since then stopped for me, but maybe younger people and autistic people are more sensitive, as coolan mentioned.

However, the tapping and the touching could be a sort of poltergeist or ghost. I'm leaning more toward ghost, just because of how mild these things are. Poltergeists like to known. If you are uncomfortable or just want to be rid of them, cleanse your house. If they/it follows you, you can always get yourself blessed! Thanks for sharing.

Best of luck,
Mythem
coolan (1 stories) (11 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-01-02)
I was once told that people who are autistic have higher vibrations. This making them more susceptible to the paranormal. I don't know if this is true or just a load of poop. But it may explain a few things.

My son and daughter are autistic and it was a reiki practitioner that told me about the higher vibrations. Again I'm not much help but you never know.

Good luck
RANDYM (2 stories) (266 posts)
+3
7 years ago (2017-01-02)
Hello Blitz and welcome to YGS
Thank You for sharing.

I mentioned in another post that I have heard my wife say my name in my head only to find out later she was having a dream about me.

I am just wondering if the times you have heard your parents say your name that they have been thinking of you in a very concentrated way and it is like an ESP situation where you are picking up on their thoughts and you brain is turning it into a voice.

Then again, I could be way off but its the first thing that came to my mind when reading your story.

Please keep us informed of how things progress

Best to you
Randy

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: