You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Non Human Entities :: He Was A Ghost, At First

Real Ghost Stories

He Was A Ghost, At First

 

When I was around seven or eight I saw a ghost in an underpass while in London with my mum. Since that day I have come across something which makes me wonder the true nature of what I saw. I'm no longer sure that he was a ghost, it's possible he was 'something else', I'll explain...

Firstly for those who don't know (people in different countries probably have a different name for these hence clarification lol) an underpass is a small tunnel that usually runs under a busy road where there is no bridge or traffic lights allowing pedestrians to cross the road. They are all the same... Covered in graffiti, rubbish usually, bit smelly, faulty lights or just dimly lit. In a lot of them lights will be broken altogether here and there. I was used to these tunnels as was everyone else they are very common etc.

Anyway to what I saw that day.

There were a good amount of people around, coming and going on their way. Nothing strange. Out of the blue I got a panicky feeling (I was not prone to anxiety/panic attacks etc) that I couldn't ignore. Things just didn't feel right. We continued walking. I could see the people ahead (coming towards us) but the light wasn't brilliant so at first you couldn't make out things like facial features etc. All I know is I felt in danger and was becoming more alert to who was around. Soon enough I spotted them... And the bad feeling skyrocketed inside me. It was an elderly lady and a young (lets say robust) boy. They came into a better lit area as they passed and I got a clear look. The old lady had longish grey hair, a little matted and a small kind of smile on her face but a very determined look. She didn't look around or anything, just continued straight ahead. It was the boy companion that made my little head spin. As soon as he was in view I saw that he had no eyes... Just black holes where his eyes should be, needless to say the 'bad' feeling I'd had intensified drastically. But the worst thing, that shook me right up, as soon as I'd noticed the fact that he was eyeless... He turned his head and 'looked' straight at me! At this point I got upset. Mum asked 'what's wrong?!' and I explained... She turned (mere seconds had passed) and said she couldn't see anyone like I'd described and to 'hurry up'.

Now...he could have been an ordinary kid. Had an accident of some kind. Been blind etc and I am aware that contact lenses that are all black do exist and so on... However I am the only one who reacted to his unusual appearance. No one around me seemed to notice the pair or bat an eyelid. I'm all for not staring at someone who looks a bit different out of politeness and everything but everyone has reactions, even subtle ones. People at least look/notice...and there was honestly zero reaction from anyone. My mum should have seen them when she turned to look... But she didn't (I deliberately never looked back at that point as I still felt in danger and really freaked out). I know a lot of people will point out my age, the location (but I really never had any fear of those tunnels previously as I say they are common even the poor light wasn't an issue as they are never pitch black or anything) overactive imagination etc but I'm pretty certain. Hence (up until recently-ish lol) it's always an experience I share whenever the subject of ghosts arises.

However...as stated, I am now in some doubt as to whether this was a ghost encounter. I have since learned about the B.E.P phenomenon and read many encounters online (some I'm sure have been faked)

B.E.P stands for 'Black Eyed People', they seem to be average men and women at first glance. Ie normal human body, hair, clothes etc but the eyes are all black. No whites at all. And their behaviour can set them apart (You'll have to go and read some accounts for yourselves to know what I mean lol). And there are many sightings. Some think they are aliens, other's think demons. They have even been compared to vampires as in a lot of stories B.E.P or B.E.C (Black Eyed Children) will turn up at people's houses asking to be let in and don't seem able to enter without permission. I have no clue what they are. In a lot of cases they try to touch people and always give off this aura of evil. Eye witnesses often state having a terrible feeling come over them ie panic and sensing evil/danger etc (in some cases before they even spot the actual B.E.P, it's the feeling that kind of alerts them). And the person who sees them at the time is totally alone in witnessing them. Everyone around the eyewitness goes on with their business never noticing the B.E.P's presence among them.

Since learning of these B.E.P's and reading other's stories I have to count the similarities to my own story... As in the feeling of danger I got before even seeing the boy, the fact that no one around me noticed at all. And as for the eyes... Eyes I always believed were not there, were they in fact simply black eyes? (It would explain how he was able to look directly at me) I'm pretty sure that I simply confused 'no eyes' for 'pitch black' eyes that day. Therefore, I'm more inclined to say that the boy in the tunnel was not a ghost as I believed for many years, but one of these Black Eyed People.

Any comments and opinions are, of course, welcomed. Thanks in advance!

Other hauntings by lulu333

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, lulu333, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

lulu333 (2 stories) (6 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-09-01)
[at] PirateQueen
Aw that's ok. Just go to my profile for my email address and give me a shout lol 😊
PirateQueen (3 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-07-24)
Lulu, haha funny enough, I only now saw YOUR comment!
I'm so stoked to have your permission! I will absolutely let you know as soon as I put the video up.
Have a killer day! 😁
lulu333 (2 stories) (6 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-05-19)
PirateQueen sorry I've only just seen this comment. Well sure you can! And let me know when you do use it and your channel name id love to watch haha i'm a big fan of paranormal storytimes:)
PirateQueen (3 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-04-04)
Hey there, Lulu...

This story gave me chills. The sort of chills that make you want to put your feet up on the couch.
I've always been fascinated by the concept of Black Eyed People.

I was wondering if I could have your permission to use this story for one of my YouTube Paranormal stories compilation. Of course, you'll be credited.

It would be a bone chilling addition!

Thanks for sharing and all the best
BeagleMom (3 stories) (84 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-01-06)
Dear Lulu,

Oooh! Now I have to go to bed with BEP's on my mind! The tales of them have always creeped me out. I do love Tweed for honing in on the fact that the woman was possibly, for her, the main entity in this sighting. This one will stick with me for a bit.


Mother of Beagles
Elrond (3 stories) (38 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-01-05)
From what I read of the Black Eyed Kid phenomenon (urban legend?), the old lady is more likely to be in thrall to the little B.E.K. Creep. I have not encountered any of these entities and I don't have an opinion or even know if they actually exist, but the lore points to a mind-control issue. Some have suggested they are evil Jinn/Djinn manifesting in our reality. It's fascinating to read about, at least.
elfstone810 (227 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-01-05)
Hi, Lulu!

I've heard of these stories you're talking about. I tried to verify if they were actual stories or urban legends, but I was never able to decide. For those who aren't familiar with them, in the US they're called "black-eyed kids" or BEKs. Try googling that.

(And now I've creeped myself out imagining them showing up at my door. Dang it! Where's a Dean Winchester when you need one?!)
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-01-04)
Hello lulu333,

I to like tweed after reading this only really focused on the lady that was with the boy without eyes.

Anyone without eyes, yes the eyelids tend to fold in a bit, that's why a person will usually have a fake one put in to fill the empty eye socket. My mother had this done as well as her father.

But the lady, sounds to me like she may have been a guardian of such. Maybe she was taking the boy back to his realm.
Just a theory or my crazy thinking, but could it be possible, there are others like the boy out there in the spirit realm, and to keep them from just going out and being noticed there are other spirits there to keep watch?

From the feeling you got, maybe he was a spirit, it does make sense because your mother turned around and saw nothing, or it could be she didn't see them because they had already wondered off, so quick knowing you had noticed them.

I don't know just my thoughts.
Thanks for sharing
Spiritwaiting
SDB1987 (2 stories) (11 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-01-04)
Hi Lulu,

Liked your story!

I can't say anything about those BEP's, except that there is also a theory that they would come from/live in Hollow Earth. Does Hollow Earth really exist or not? I have no idea, but I do think it can be. I don't know much about this Hollow Earth, but I am planning on watching a documentary about it with my boyfriend. The only thing I can say about Hollow Earth (for the moment) is that the entrance is the hole in the North Pole (there really is a hole where the water falls down, there is real evidence from), and that there are rumors that (not so) great leaders had some kind of help from them or something. Or they had guards there, I'm not sure, I have to watch the documentary first:-) But again, I have no idea whether all this is true or not.
I'm going to watch that documentary anyways, I am intrigued in it (as in all complot theories:-D)
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
+3
7 years ago (2017-01-04)
Hi Lulu,

I've never heard of BEPs. I mean this kind of thing shows up in fiction a lot, but the boy you saw sounds very real.

If the boy had no eyes, I can only imagine the eyelids would fold in, or flop or something, without the support of the eyeball. (Maybe someone in the know could clarify this?)
Black eyes is, of course, easy to fake, but the feeling you got directly before, and the rest, makes me think you encountered something ghostly that day. I really do wonder what was behind what you felt. Also I'm more intrigued about the woman, than the boy. I'm obsessed with illusions and the boy in this dynamic feels like the distraction, while the woman feels like the true illusionist, or the key to what you encountered.

Thanks for sharing!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: