You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Haunted House - The Undertaker (and Family Stories)

Real Ghost Stories

The Haunted House - The Undertaker (and Family Stories)

 

The Haunted House - The Undertaker

My story begins in the company house that was consigned to our family by my Father's job in Botswana, Gaborone in the 1990's. I was about 5 years of age when we moved in and about 11 or 12 years old when we left. I say that it was the beginning of the para-experiences by family members and myself, but in all honesty, I can account personal para-occurrences in my early childhood also. Although, my experiences as a toddler were of a far more personal nature, I believe (as does each family member whom resided there at that time) that the company house was haunted, in-and-of-itself. Almost every family member whom lived at this house can recount a ghost encounter, strange feelings and bizarre experiences.

It was late in the evening, anywhere between 8:30 PM and 11:00 PM GMT and it was one of the only times that my brother and I were allowed to stay up late. Note: It is a bit difficult to describe the layout of the house so I hope it will not hinder your ability to understand my story.

My brother was a little bit older than me, about 2 years, he was about 8 years old and I was maybe 6 years old. We were sitting on the floor in the center of our lounge watching television when we decided to go and get some blankets as it was getting late and cold. We got up and went to the bedrooms to get our blankets.

I was in front of him and wrapped the blanket over my shoulders with its tails dragging at my feet. As I reached the lounge area, I looked over the couch to the sitting room which had a dining table, some chairs, my hamster-cage and decorations. And, sitting on the chair, as clear and in-the-physical as you and I, was a man with his chair turned towards the lounge area. He wasn't looking at us, instead he was writing in a book and he seemed to be completely distant and withdrawn while conducting this task (as if in his own world). What also struck me was the way in which this picture was portrayed to us, the energy around him seemed to engulf the entire sitting room, as if... If we were to shout our very loudest, it would not penetrate the ball of energy surrounding it nor would he hear or notice it. Now that I think about it, maybe this is what people mean when they refer to an impression.

Well, I was so incredibly frightened that I did not speak a word and almost fell over, completely paralyzed with fear, to the ground. I covered my face as far as I could with the blanket and lay there with my back to the sitting room trying in all ways not to draw further attention to myself.

After a few seconds, I felt my brother lay down behind me but I was still too scared to turn around. After a few seconds, with effort, I turned rigid and terrified to my brother. He was staring directly at me, his eyes wide with panic as he struggled to grasp his breath, and then he said "Did you see that?" And I said, "Yes!", at which point, we both sat up immediately and looked towards the sitting room. There was nothing there! Moreso, there was also no person sitting on the chair. I can't remember now, some twenty years later if the chair was pulled out, but the sitting room, as I remember it, looked precisely the same, just without the man and the energy.

When my brother and I discussed it later, he said that he had been walking behind me and when he saw me glance to the sitting room, he had become curious as to what I was looking at. Upon looking at the sitting room, he had seen a man sitting on the chair writing and clasping his hands together. We both described the man, quite similarly to the WWF wrestler, 'The Undertaker' which I became familiar with a year or two after this event. He was wearing all-black (with the exception of his t-shirt), a leather jacket and he had long dark hair and pale skin. Despite this harrowing experience, I felt a connection with the WWF character and I've been cheering the Undertaker on for the last 25 years, ever since I saw his ghost-doppelganger when I was just a little girl.

The Haunted House - A Visit from a Past Relative

This para-experience takes place in our house in Gaborone, Botswana.

Our family was visiting for the evening and loved to chatterbox for hours. We also had a rather large family, and on my mother's side alone, she has four immediate siblings whom are/were all married and have kids. We were in the living room and my brother was playing Nintendo (yes! Nintendo lol) in his room. He came running out and burst into the braaii area, his eyes widened in panic and alarm. He was gasping for air and eventually my father commanded him "Quiet down now, and tell us what happened?" At which my brother said he had been sitting on the chair playing Nintendo (a rather large mirror was hung directly next to the TV but as you might know, a mirror shows various angles of a room) and when he looked at the mirror next to the TV, he had seen a man peering through the window looking at him.

At that moment I knew that he had experienced contact with a ghost because I had seen a familiar figure in the same vicinity prior to that night. Although I was not one to discuss it. Also, I must be honest with you, this was so many years ago that my memory of the events and experiences I've had have definitely fluidified. One thing I can say is I remember smiling to myself because I knew exactly what had happened and I also knew it was harmless, whilst other family members may have had their doubts.

My brother's description of the man reminded me quite a bit of my grandfather who had recently passed. So it will always be a question in my mind of the friendly ghost that we saw around during that period, was it an unfamiliar person or a recently deceased relative?

The Haunted House - A Ghost Killed My Dog

This para-experience once again, takes place in our house in Gaborone, Botswana.

I'm not sure how other people experience the unseen-worlds attempt-after-attempt to make contact with us but I can surely say that it can become more regular, escalate in activity and its ability at times. This took place maybe 1 year or so before we left our Botswana house (and we left much like the people you see on movies; fearful, desperate and victimized but without-a-doubt believers in the paranormal).

It is unfortunate that I never kept a diary so when I now try to relay stories to people, I rely solely on my cruddy memory because all that I can tell you of this time is that each person in the house had had unexplainable events/experiences and that even my Mother seemed put-off and scared about living in the house. The paranormal experiences were frequently occurring and further demanding of attention.

At the time, we had a dog and his name was 'Streak'. He was a Foxterior and a good dog. For some reason, I remember that Streak had been antagonizing the para-entities in our house. One thing I do remember is his incessant barking and growling (especially at night), he was making a stand to protect us. About one or two weeks after Streak's consistent courageous acts, we found him pitted on a spike on our gate. Now, the gate was one of those regular gates which had a bar and then a spike in between which was quite sharp, and then a bar and then a spike and so on. The bars from the bottom were close together and had no spikes but from about a metre up, the pattern of bar-spike-bar would begin.

The space between the bar, and then the spike, and then bar was about 10cm to 15cm long and placed not nearly close to a height that a dog can jump. And yet, there he was. Although you would think that he would be crushed, it was not the case. He had somehow managed to get his head and shoulders through without breaking a bone and landed directly onto a spike which ran through his chest and pierced his heart instantaneously.

We buried him in the back yard, we had a ceremony for him and everything (and we are Catholics) whereby we all got to say our goodbyes. We placed flowers on his grave and for a while, I think there was even a little cross over him.

After a while, I remember I never liked visiting his grave site in our yard. My family would say, "If you'd like to see Streak, you can go to his grave and lay flowers. Don't be sad for him."

Other hauntings by KikiGirl

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, KikiGirl, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

KikiGirl (8 stories) (207 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-02-13)
Clairvoyant_Disease! I could not say "my favorite" experience, but, it definitely did leave much to be desired, in the form of, the undertaker on WWE/WWF *lol. I remember, when he first came on WWE or WWF, nobody could beat him! The intro would start and my Brothers would chime in at the same time, the smoke would go up and it would play that very dark symphony, "Gong! Gong! Gong... The Undertaker!" - and the violin hitting high and low notes in the background. I never saw him lose once! Not one fight in his career. Such was it, I was pretty upset when I saw him fighting at age 60+ getting beaten by twenty-year old nonces! How could they do that to a man with such a reputation and fighting history? Blegh-Ugh!
Clairvoyant_Disease (2 stories) (8 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-02-12)
Very interesting stories KikiGirl! Thank you for sharing your experiences, I enjoyed reading them. I must say my favorite was The Undertaker, it sent chills up my spine.
KikiGirl (8 stories) (207 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-02-01)
maggirockz13! So nice to see you popped in to read my story.

I've read your story THE GRAVEYARD BUILDING, and it was very scary. You poor thing to have to have such an experience. At least, you were young so you did not understand everything and that you and your family moved.

I think you have a good idea to always take your animal to visit a house with you. I am definitely going to do the same.

I will keep reading your experiences, you have many compared to most people. 0ne day, you will have a lot of knowledge about this and you will be able to help people who are going through this and people who don't understand these things.

Best Wishes!
maggirockz13 (13 stories) (163 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-02-01)
Hi Kikigirl,
I really loved your stories.
Your undertaker story was spine chilling and the way you described, it also made me feel as I was present over there.
Maybe it was your grandpa looking after you all and seeing you all happy, or maybe it was someone else who was watching your brother playing Nintendo or learning to play lol... 😆 Sorry, I didn't offend you I think.
Sorry to hear about your dog, I almost cried while reading that... And dogs really have power to sense spirits, it so sad to hear that while protecting you all he lost his life 😢. Even I had a dog once, I have mentioned her in my "THE GRAVEYARD BUILDING" story of mine. Please do give a read if you like.
After all your stories are well written and a good read.
Sorry for your loss again.
Takecare

Regards
Meghna
KikiGirl (8 stories) (207 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-01-06)
Hey Manafon1,

I've just realized that you wrote - Childhood Paranormal Odds & Sods - Part 1 & 2! I loved your stories and I will definitely always remember them.

Your mention of the solid-black being whom seemed to absorb the light around them? Very much like the man I saw by the dresser, come to think of it, the wall light was on behind him but the rounded picture seemed dim. I know you understand fully what I am trying to say. I am sure you read my comments which are a combination of intuition and study (television programs and such).

Thank-you for your note on Streak although, I still feel unsure about what really happened to him.

Good luck!

Sweetsunshine1800! Thank-you for adding my story to your favorites!
What I hope to experience with the YGS community, through reading and writing articles is;

Understanding, your seasoned know-how, guidance, exploration, questions, background, honesty or purely a good read!
Manafon1 (6 stories) (712 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-01-05)
KikiGirl--Your accounts are varied and intriguing. I was particularly taken with the apparition of the man reading in a chair. The way you describe what you saw as a "picture" and how, "the energy around him seemed to engulf the entire sitting room", were of particular interest.

This reminded me not only of cases in which entities emit a radiant light but also of cases in which a three dimensional scene is superimposed over the three dimensional space occupied by the person witnessing the apparitional scene. Within these reported three dimensional "pictures" are usually scenes that are taking place, or took place, from a distant location. The way you described what you saw as a picture brought me in mind of these reports.

These reports state that the superimposed three dimensional scene appears like a picture overlaid onto the space the viewer occupies. The energy you mentioned just reminds me strongly of the dividing line, or frame, between our reality and another, which is what these cases seem to suggest. The radience, as you describe it, is reported far less than many might think (in the cases I've read) but when it is mentioned it is very much as you describe it. I can understand how seeing this hulking figure engrossed in a book would have freaked you and your brother out.

The story of your family dog Streak was a sad one. I do have to say that it seems more likely that a cruel person killed the poor pup than a ghost. There are a lot of sociopaths and psychopaths in the world who delight in hurting other creatures. In the many case studies I have read over the years, the only interaction dogs and cats seem to have with entities is excitement or fear, which causes them to run and hide, or to refuse to go into a room. I have never heard of a ghost killing a dog.

Maybe someone else on YGS is aware of such a thing but it seems more likely a mean spirited human being killed poor Streak. Thanks for sharing your well told accounts.
sweetsunshine1800 (4 stories) (85 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-01-05)
Hello KikiGirl,

Thanks for sharing this experience, its really interesting. About the Undertaker one, I think it was a residual haunting, maybe that company house was haunted as you've stated other family members also experienced ghostly encounters. On to the visit from past relative one, it can or cannot be your grandpa, as I'm not that sure about that. Whatever it was, it wasn't harmful and rather friendly and that's good. The Ghost killing your dog one, brought tears to my eyes, no words can describe how losing a pet means 😭 RIP Streak. I would've loved to see the picture though.

By the way this one's going straight to my favs 😊

Have a good day!

Best wishes and,
Regards,
Sweetsunshine1800
KikiGirl (8 stories) (207 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-01-05)
Hey there readers!
Upon taking some time and thinking about this article a bit more, I remembered I had actually managed to snap a photo of the man whom my brother saw (at least that is who I think it was). Only his face was visible which was rather transparent and he was looking out of our lounge window into the garden area. I was about 7years old at the time and I had one of those 30-pictures disposable cameras, I always loved those before I could afford a proper one or was allowed to use my folks camera.

I was standing in the garden by the pool under a big, branching tree, and I just happened to look at the house and snap a picture of part of the house (including the window and door to the lounge area). I took it from under the tree and the shimmering effect of the leaves made it an interesting and beautiful picture.

When I went to boarding school in Grade 9 (second year highschool), I showed the photo to the girls in my dorm and the picture was stolen and never recovered. I would've loved to upload it, though!

I wonder if the person who stole it attaches the same value that I do, until today.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: