You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The 109

Real Ghost Stories

The 109

 

Since my last stories, a lot of you know we have relocated. We really have been on a vacation "from" the paranormal activities from our previous house. The entity we were co-existing with took exception to our move and threw a temper tantrum and caused physical harm to me for the first and last time. Http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=22867

The past sixteen months have absolutely zero activity to deal with. I have to admit I have missed the fun part that we did enjoy.

A good friend of ours renovated an older building located just a "rock's throw" (50-60 yards) from the courthouse I work in. He and his partner made it into a really nice restaurant and bar called the "109". Our downtown has really been seeing a change. Anyways, Jennifer and I meet our oldest daughter and her boyfriend for dinner on Dec. 3rd.

The bottom floor was the main dining area along with the bar set up along the back wall that came about half way into the dining floor. There were two staircases that went up to the loft that contained couches, lounge chairs and other comfortable setting options.

We took our seats and I was immediately drawn to the loft. I suggested that we go take a look at it; however, our waitress showed to welcome us and take our drink order. I shrug off the idea and visited with everyone.

About halfway through our meal, which was freaking awesome, I felt the tug again to go up stairs. I suggested that after we finished eating that we should go check it out and that's what we did.

The four of us chose a nice setting area and sat down. I couldn't put my finger on what it was about the loft. I didn't "feel" anything amiss or off.

After a short time we decided to go back downstairs and take seats at the bar. We ordered a round of drinks and started visiting with other patrons. We were having a really good time. The atmosphere was joyful and fun. The owner came over and sat and visited for a bit before returning to his duties. From our seats at the bar we could easily look up into the loft area. I ended up setting on the far right of the four of us and closest to the loft.

We had been at the bar for about an hour or so when suddenly I felt a HUGE tug to look up toward the loft. Dang, the goose bumps! Standing just a few feet from the edge was a little girl staring straight down at me. She was about six years old wearing a "dated" plain white night gown that came down to her mid-calves. She had dark shoulder length hair and did not have any expression on her young face. She was just as solid as solid could be.

The second our eyes meet I felt a large knot in my chest that seemed to fall to my stomach. I was completely overwhelmed with the feeling of sadness, loneliness, and grief. Everything else seemed to disappear. The sounds of the restaurant, Jennifer and friends talking... It is really hard to explain. We held our gaze for at least a full minute until Jennifer grabbed my arm. I turned toward her with eyes full of tears and the look of horror. I quickly looked back up to the loft and she was gone.

Jennifer grabbed my arm again and I turned back toward her. She asked "WTH did you see"? I was a complete mess. I still had this HUGE knot in my stomach and could feel ALL those feelings. I quickly looked back up and back around to Jennifer. By this time our daughter and boyfriend were leaving their seats to come to my aid. I couldn't get a comprehensible answer for them for a moment.

I eventually told them what I experienced. My daughter's boyfriend's jaw hit the floor. He explained that his grandmother told him of a little girl that fell from the loft in the mid-30's. They recently were talking about the renovations that were taking place at the 109. Well, to say the least that completely ruined my night. I went from having a really nice time to a blubbering fool in about a minute's time.

I couldn't shake the feelings I was left with. The little buzz I had was completely gone. Our friend brought his partner over and introduced her to me. She explained that during the process of renovating they experienced quite a bit of activity. She stated that they never did see the little girl.

It took several days for those feelings to fade away. All I can think about is she's only a "stone's throw" away from where I work forty hours a week. What is up with the "feeling" thing. This is the first time that has ever happened. Scared the crap out of me! Still scares the poop out of me! Of all the experiences I have had this was only the third time to actually see something. The first was the black mass (They Don't Like Vacuuming) and "Mr. Winfred".

At this point I can't ever see me going back to the "109". I hate that because it was a really cool place and I would like to support my friend and his endeavors. So any help would be appreciated. Sorry for the rambling. It was the only way I could get it out.

Other hauntings by Wish-Not

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Arkansas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Wish-Not, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-02-09)
Great news Val, it couldn't have gone any better. We had close to a half hour to kill before the 109 opened so we drove down and parked just down from the theater. It would take a short walk up to the 109.
We sat on the truck making small talk for a short time before I felt my anxiety rise a bit. I replayed my sheilding/protection again over in my mind. Well to make this part short, I used some essentual oils (lavender) to help.
We walked up, went in and took a seat.
I choose a table close to the front and chose the chair facing the back. Lol, I couldn't see the top of the loft.
We had an awesome meal and a really great time. Never felt anything! I went to the restroom a couple times and I glanced up to the spot but... I guess it was a touch of anxiety but just went...ugh. Just a memory of what had happened.
We were there a little over an hour.
Walked down a short distance and enjoyed the movie "Passengers".
Great end to a great day.
By the way, this is tough to do on a phone but taking tomorrow off for my bday so using this little bitty keyboard:)
valkricry (49 stories) (3268 posts) mod
 
7 years ago (2017-02-09)
Wish-Not, Happy birthday! Don't forget to give us an update on how it all went!
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-02-09)
Well I am headed to the 109 after work. I have been working with Rook's "self shielding". Feeling pretty confident about it, however still a little nervous. We are celebrating my b-day so going in with a joyful and grateful spirit. ***followed by a short walk to view a movie. Keeping it local 😊
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-02-07)
Wish Not, glad my email seems to have made sense, I wasn't sure if it would. Val had a similar thing happen on the same submission. My comment to you didn't show, but when she refreshed the page it did, weird. I think YGS has some gremlins, must be a full moon. 😆
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-02-07)
Tweed- All is well 😊 All is coming through. Thanks again!

Four, that's how many characters I needed 😆
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-02-07)
Tweed- Thanks but it didn't show. I'll do what you suggested. Hopefully that will fix things.
Thanks!
valkricry (49 stories) (3268 posts) mod
 
7 years ago (2017-01-10)
Wish-Not, on Rook's profile in the Cleansing he gives a really easy explanation of how to shield yourself. It would be a good place to start, and easy to practice too. What I use is a bit different (I think over time everyone 'personalizes' how they do it), but when you boil it down it's basically the same.
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-01-09)
Enlightened- I am so glad you enjoy my stories. It is amazing how some of these can just hang on to us. The "Big One" really, really messed me up. That was pretty much my introduction to the whole concept of a BAD experience. It took a long time to get passed that one.

I have to admit, I do enjoy the fun ones. However, I guess one comes with the other. One just never knows what to expect. Even our button-pusher could be mean.

Anyways, I'm rambling again. Thanks for reading.
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-01-09)
Val- Well, that was EXACTLY what it was like! 😨
I really must learn how to control situations like this. I certainly don't want to experience another. I need to learn some type of shielding. Not sure which direction to go but I'll find something.

I need to find the time to get up to the library and see what I can find out. What someone said doesn't necessarily make it fact. Maybe with some facts I can come to reason with this and who knows, be a comfort for the little girl.

Thanks for reading and commenting Val, much appreciated.
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-01-09)
Radish- That certainly is a thought. I would like to think it would become a "regular". It sports its self as a Tapas Bar. 😆 I had to look it up 😆. It is a really nice place with great food.
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-01-09)
C2C- Thank you for taking time to read this and all my other stories. I'm really glad you enjoyed them.

Most of my experiences were on the fun side. However, a few were not. Guess one has to take them as they come. I was blind sided with this one. I hope to take the time to research the history of the little girl. Just because someone was told something doesn't always mean it's the actual history.

I do like the way you related the feelings that were felt. Again, thanks for reading.
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-01-09)
Tweed- Thank you for the kind and reassuring words. I have ALWAYS over reacted to a lot of my experiences. I wonder how other experiences would have turned out had I handled them better.

I was very fortunate to have the strength of the others that were with me this night. I am curious to know if there might have been someone else there that might have seen her as well without me knowing.

I hope one day I can look back and appreciate this as well all the others that I labeled as "bad".

Thanks for reading and commenting.
Enlightened1959 (8 stories) (118 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-01-07)
Hello Wish-Not,

Thanks for the read! I always enjoy your stories.

My husband and I went to the "Biltmore Estate" In Asheville, NC a few years ago. I had an experience that has haunted me since the day I went through the house. I felt something following me, something that seemed angry that I was there; and saw shadows where no one was around to make them. I can't really explain what I felt exactly but it was like I felt the emotions of the people who once lived there? Not sure but I can't imagine actually seeing an apparition!

Anyway, that tour hovered over me for months, like it was always on my mind 27/7. Never experienced anything quite like it.
valkricry (49 stories) (3268 posts) mod
+2
7 years ago (2017-01-07)
Wish-Not,
I've tried to comment on your story 3 or 4 times, but my words kept getting in the way of the thoughts I was trying to convey. (I hope that makes some sense.)
Having someone else's feelings ambush you can be quite scary, especially the first time it happens. It's like being emotionally sucker punched. The emotions seem so raw and unfiltered, just *WHAM* in your face, and you have no idea of the why of them, or what to do about it. Makes you feel...helpless. However, it doesn't have to be that way. You can learn to somewhat control the intensity of which you get 'hit' by it. I use what I call a layered shielding method. In that way, I can 'filter'/ soften the intensity of the emotions, so that I can handle it. Sometimes, feeling what they do can be a useful tool, just like with living people. Understanding, 'knowing' what they're feeling, even if they think it's hidden can enable you to make a difference for them, and aid in handling a situation. Emotion is the purest form of communication.
Let's take a look at what you felt from this 6 year old child-spirit: sadness, loneliness, and grief. She's been a ghost for 80 some-odd years give or take. I honestly do not know if spirits experience the passage of time the way we do. To her it could still be 1930 something, BUT she would know that it has been a long time since she saw her family, or had anyone to play or talk with. She also probably doesn't understand why they don't come back for her. This would be the sad and lonely. The grief could be either for her missing family OR an echo of the grief they felt over loosing her. Not really sure on that.
You have a time frame and a location, perhaps with a bit of research you could discover her name, and the conditions around why she fell. Names are rather magical things when it comes to children and spirits. At least in my experience.
Not sure that this will make you feel any better, but sometimes it's just a one time experience. You could go back to the 109 and have nothing happen.
radish54 (1 stories) (51 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-01-07)
If for some reason you would ever go back to The 109, perhaps you could inwardly acknowledge the little girl and communicate that she should look for the light and move on. Perhaps she is unaware that she has passed, or is stuck in some other way.
You might even be able to quietly do that from home or work with good effect. This might be a win-win for you and the child; and might enable you to enjoy the new watering hole with only a trace of wistfulness for the little ones former travail.
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-01-07)
Mazz- Ahoy! Good queitiion. Maybe,...it's his place. I was only a guest. Always best bet is NOT to tell them anything about anaything.
Not my place
AND I USUALLY don't have a clue
It was just a bad night
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-01-06)
RCR- I really hope to be able to stop by for a drink. I really don't drink at all after work. Just weeknds:) Home body.
Would like to find a medium. Thanks for reading.
C2C (3 stories) (62 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-01-06)
You have so many experiences you have related. Once I read this story I had to read them all! They are so well written and interesting and I thank you for sharing. Most of them seem to be in fun and enjoyable, which is quite nice for you. This one obviously was not. I'm thinking you must be quite sensitive and open to residual energies, and this little girl and her loss produced a footprint in the building that you inadvertently tuned in on. It's a gift and a curse. It's hard for anyone to experience the feelings you felt when you saw the girl, but I think it was a mirror to what she and her family and friends felt at the time of her loss. It hit you particularly hard because here you are on a fun night out and it was the last thing you expected to happen. I don't really think she was trying to impart a message. If the story has been handed down through the years, the incident wasn't hidden and the facts were probably known. The only other possibility I see is perhaps she was pushed and trying to get attention so that would be discovered. However, I lean toward the residual imprint idea. Grief makes a powerful imprint.

Thanks again for writing your stories. I found them a delight to read.
Mazzmarach (2 stories) (78 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-01-06)
Ahoy, Wish-Not.

Maybe you saw her for a reason. Have you ever asked the owners if they've held a service for the girl? It feels, to me, like she was taken before her time and nobody acknowledged that.

Smooth sailing,
Mazz
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-01-06)
Hey Wish Not,

Good to read another post from you! I read this last night and struggled to put into words what I wanted to say.
I can relate to the heaviness you experienced upon seeing this ghost. However, maybe your reaction, to retreat, is down to your bad experiences in recent times. Or bad paranormal experiences in general, lord knows you've had a lot! Any negativity you received from the girl, or her past, was probably magnified by your own experiences.
I hope you can feel glad you had this experience one day. Great you were with a room full of people you know well. But even though you weren't alone, I got the sense that in that moment you felt totally isolated.

Thanks for sharing, it's a very interesting experience, I'm just sorry it wasn't a pleasant one.
RCRuskin (9 stories) (815 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-01-05)
I can understand how strong emotions, such as you describe, can make visiting a place very difficult. Hopefully, though, you could pop in for a quick drink after work to help support your friend.

It is an interesting story. I wonder what that young girl is doing or looking for.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: