You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Shadow Encounters

Real Ghost Stories

Shadow Encounters

 

This happened around 8 or so years ago as I was still in school or maybe I was in college, I'm not sure but anyway, it happened in the same house as I'm in today (the one I've lived in my whole life).

I was sleeping one night, having a bad dream, when I all of a sudden woke up for absolutely no reason whatsoever. Now whenever I have a bad dream I subconsciously tell myself to look at my hands and that's how I wake myself up if it gets too scary and intense. This time though, I woke up out of nowhere, and it felt as if the dream wasn't finished. Anyhow, I was laid on my left side facing my room and as I turned over to go back to sleep on my right side, I looked through my bedroom door and saw a dark male shadow figure. I did a double-take but when I looked back it was obviously gone. It didn't feel threatening nor did it frighten or startle me. In fact, I just rolled over and went back to sleep peacefully. I believe it was my dad's dad who was a big part of helping to build and reconstruct parts of our house as it's been altered quite a bit from its original state. I believe he was watching over me and he could have even pulled me out of the bad dream to save me from being scared and losing sleep.

I've seen quite a few dark figures/shadows in this house. Another encounter that sticks out to me is when a dark figure walked right past me into the kitchen while I was coming out of the kitchen into the dining room. It felt like a big cobweb had brushed past me and made me shudder a little but obviously when I turned to look nothing was there. I believe this was also my dad's dad too as he helped my dad build the kitchen extension on the house.

I don't find these encounters creepy or frightening, and in fact, they intrigue me more than anything and it's one of my dreams to capture something on camera. It's as if our two worlds have aligned even just for a split second and that's when the living and the dead cross paths or come into contact with one another whether it be through a residual haunting or an intelligent one.

Other hauntings by lilpeachyghost

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, lilpeachyghost, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

lilpeachyghost (12 stories) (21 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-01-18)
Hi sds, apart from me and my fiance, no one else has had a sighting in the house whether that be a shadow person or a partial or full apparition. I really don't know about the history of the house and I'm not sure how to go about researching it either. I do know that it's very old, though!
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-01-15)
Hi lilpeachyghost, thanks for sharing your experience. You answered that no anyone else had seen the male shadow figure. I want to know whether anybody else had any other experience or sighting in the house? What you saw could be your grandfather protecting over the house. But, I don't feel it is negative because on both the occasions, you didn't have such feelings or you didn't get scared. Still, apart from you and your fiance, did anyone else in the house had any such experience and what is the history of the house? If so, please do share with us.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+3
7 years ago (2017-01-12)
lilpeachyghost - I wanted to explain why I changed the title of your story from Shadow Man Enounters to Shadow Encounters.

Normally when someone talks about the Shadow Man, Hat Man, or other similar titles, it is a solid black figure usually wearing some type of hat. And from the encounters I have read, the Shadow Man is unrecognizable. Some instill fear in those who see them while others, like me, didn't feel anything and actually believe the Shadow Man wasn't even aware of our presence.

In your case you believed yours to be your grandfather. And from what you said, I believe that also.
lilpeachyghost (12 stories) (21 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-01-12)
Hello, Myrealityisunreal.

To answer your question, no one has seen the male shadow figure expect me. But in another encounter I posted on here, both my fiance and I have seen a female partial apparition on separate occasions!
Myrealityisunreal (1 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-01-12)
I too have had many experiences with some sort of entity in my house. I have seen a small shadow figure and a tall broad shouldered figure asomething well, as if a 6 to 8 year old child (boy) and a man. I always get very spooked when I initially see them and then relax because I understand that they, it, whatever it may be isn't going to harm me and hasn't for the years I've seen it. My question to you is, has any other family member experienced anything strange or just you? I have a house full and no one has experienced those but me. Thank you for reading thisome. Have a good day
RANDYM (2 stories) (266 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-01-11)
Hello Lilpeachyghost

Thanks for sharing.
I think its great that they don't frighten you.
In fact when you think about it "shadow figures" almost have to
Be dark or black in order to show up at all. I think what makes
A lot of people scared is we have a tendency to associate something
Dark as being something bad.

Have a great day
Randy

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: