You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Real Or Not

Real Ghost Stories

Real Or Not

 

My first experience and even the last was back in my tenth grade. My experience Isn't something that scares you or thrills you, it is true but not exciting. So I warn you beforehand that my story is not to entertain you it is to just share my experience.

Me and my friends used to hear many rumors, ghostly ones, about the top most floor in our school building. Our school was quite a prestigious one, famous or so. One day my friends decided to check on it and see if truly a ghost exists or not, I was scared but yet accompanied them. We decided to do it once it was dark.

When the sun set, me and my friends stayed back at the school premises and waited for everyone to leave. Once they left we went to that floor and were going ahead when my bracelet fell, I bent down to pick it and my friends continued ahead leaving me behind. When I was about to call them I saw a black figure standing right beside me. I didn't scream. I didn't run. I felt like a statue and my friends who by then had come back started calling out my name and tried to push me out of my trance. When they succeeded I turned towards them and hugged my friend tight and was about to show them what I saw but then there was nothing. Shocked, I looked around and so did my friend then I felt someone move past me; some black figure. That was it I ran so fast and my clueless friends followed. We left for our respective homes.

I narrated my experience to them the next day many of them didn't believe me some said it was just a figment of imagination, some people who've been there before and who've also experienced the same situation told me that it is said that two girls of class 10 had killed themselves due to unknown reasons a few years ago.

Its been a year now and nothing strange has happened to any of us. The paranormal incident scared me but didn't harm me. Since then I understood that ghosts may or may not exist but if they do and my experience was real then they won't harm you without a reason they won't harm you unless you try to do the same. I don't know whether any one would like it pr not but its my story and believe it or not it was real.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, hityshi, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+3
7 years ago (2017-01-18)
Welcome to YGS.

I hope you don't mind me asking few questions about your story, I find it a little confusing in some parts.

"Me and my friends used to hear many rumors, ghostly ones, about the top most floor in our school building..."

" we went to that floor and were going ahead when my bracelet fell, I bent down to pick it and my friends continued ahead leaving me behind. When I was about to call them I saw a black figure standing right beside me. I didn't scream..."

Where exactly were you when seeing the ghost? IF the ghost's supposed to haunt the top floor, does this mean you were already there or how far were you from it? Did this experience happen in a stairwell or in a hallway?
Could you elaborate a little more about the amount of light? Would it be possible that what you saw was your own shadow and, since you were already expecting to see a ghost, you just assumed it to be one?

"... I felt someone move past me; some black figure..."
I wish I, too, were able to 'feel' colour! 😜

Have you been able to check if the death of the two girls is a fact or just another rumor, and if so, do you know if they killed their-selves in the school or somewhere else?

And lastly, thumbs down to your friends, first you went there in the hopes of seeing a ghost and then they didn't believe that you saw one!

Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: