You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The "departure"

Real Ghost Stories

The "departure"

 

The story that I am about to share with you began on a Thursday, I believe it was 3/12/16. I am not a paranormal enthusiast, nor do I proclaim to have any special gifts that would explain the circumstances that found me. I do not suffer from any medical maladies such as Bi-Polar Disorder or any other Anxiety related illnesses. I am not on any medication, nor have I ever been prescribed any. I am a local Connecticut resident. I had just come home back to Connecticut after living in Florida for 14 months. I am a local Golf Professional, and found work in Florida until a, Director of Golf, position opened up in Sherman, CT. I accepted the new position, and headed back home to Connecticut during the first week of March to begin the new golf season.

I did not have an apartment lined up as I drove into Brookfield, CT. So I made arrangements for an extended stay at a local Inn and Suite until I could find a more permanent residence. The room consisted of two queen sized beds, a dresser, a computer desk, a flat screen TV and of course a full bath. All the comforts of home, and was more than I needed.

I had been back in town for a little more than a week. It was a Thursday night, and I had just got done watching TV. It was 10:00 pm, and I was ready to retire for the night. I had washed up, brushed my teeth, and climbed under the covers. The room was dark except for the front door lights casting partially into the hallway. I like to have a night light somewhere in the room so that when I get up at night I can see where I am going. The night light is the kind that turns off automatically when natural light is introduced into the room. So it had no On/Off switch. I am not one that needs total darkness to sleep.

Upon settling into the room the week earlier, I took the bed nearest to wall on the right hand side of the room. I plugged the night light into an electrical outlet located at the foot of the bed to my right hand side. There was the usual space between the wall, and the bed. The two beds were separated by a night stand with a lamp, and hotel directory phone. Of course the King James Bible was right in the top draw as it always is wherever we travel. Time to sleep.

When I closed my eyes, I was disturbed by an object that floated under my eye lids. Wherever my eyes fluttered the object followed. I have never experienced this before, and figured that my eyes may still be adjusting from the light in the bathroom mirror. The object was very precise. It was in the shape of a square, and was made up of 4 colors. The simplest way to describe it is that it looked similar to the Micro Soft Computer logo? The colors were cubed inside the square with white, red, blue, and green. I will later consider this as a way of being sought out as a possible candidate for what would follow the next day.

This object in my eye was getting annoying because it was interrupting my falling asleep. I tried to roll over into different positions hoping for it to clear out of my eyes. After several minutes the disturbance went away, and I was able to sleep. I never would have given a second thought to that experience if it was not for what occurred the next evening.

The following evening was Friday, and I retired to bed in my usual fashion at about 10:00 pm. As I talk about time, please understand that I wear my watch 24/7 even in the shower. At exactly 2:45 am, I was awakened by some sort of disturbance. I cannot describe how I awoke, but it was not a noise. It more like an awareness.

I was on my back when I opened my eyes. And, what I saw to my right side between the bed, and the wall was a ghost that had risen up from the floor, and showed himself to me from about waist high up to his head. He was translucent, but in color. I try never to be one that panics in any situation. However, this was very startling. I thought I recognized the ghost from a previous job that I had years earlier. He looked just like "Bill" that I had known, and was friends with. The ghost had red hair, and fair skin to match. I estimated his age to be in his 40's. He had a pleasant look on his face, and let me know that he was not there to harm me.

He began to point at the wall at the foot of my bed. He wanted me to focus my attention there. At this point I said "Bill, if that is you go back to where you came from! The ghost then put on a sad face in humor, and then sunk back into the floor. I then turned the lights on, and called the front desk. I asked the woman, on night shift, if she knew of any reports from the hotel guests reporting any paranormal activity? She said "no", and asked me what was happening? As I explained, she said that she does believe in spirits, and that it sounded like the ghost was trying to show me something. I agreed, and said goodnight. I was now faced with a decision. Do I get in my car, and leave or should I stay? Since it was 20 degrees outside, and I had nowhere to go, I decided to stay.

With a renewed sense of confidence, I turned off the light, and laid back down in the bed. I announced to the ghost, "Billy, if that is you, then come back to see me". Nothing happened, so I began to think that maybe I just imagined everything. I am a side sleeper so I rolled over on to my left side hoping to go back to sleep.

Within the next few moments, the scariest thing that I had ever experienced occurred. While laying on my left side, I received 3 taps on my right thigh. As I bolted upward, and gasped, there was the ghost. This time standing next to the bed, again pointing at the wall. Now, I was in a different frame of mind. I did not believe that ghosts could touch you, and that you could feel it. But, still the ghost was calm, and somehow assured me that he meant no harm. He was friendly.

Still not wanting to believe that this was really happening, I laid back down again, and closed my eyes. The next thing that happened made me realize that this was not my imagination. You know that in the dark you can detect a presence of light even when your eyes are closed. Well, at that moment, and with my eyes closed, I noticed the room got darker. When I opened my eyes, my nightlight was not on. I got up figuring "what now"? It must have burned out. So I got up, and walked around to the foot of the bed. I ran my hand against the wall to find the electrical outlet where the nightlight was plugged in. I found the outlet, but there was no nightlight. I looked behind me, and sitting on top of the dresser was the nightlight.

Well, that was enough convincing for me. I succumbed myself to the situation realizing that the ghost was not leaving until it was done with me. So, I laid back down with one hand under the covers, and one behind my head. I now allowed the ghost to run the show. Remember, he was pleasant to me, and was trying to gain my trust. And, I gave it to him. But, for what?

In just a few moments the event really began. My "Host" Ghost made his next appearance by traveling through the wall between the beds. What he was showing me was quite astonishing. He appeared between the beds working out on an exercise machine that you would find in a gym. He was now dressed in a red tank top with white shorts. He was also wearing a sweat band. As he came through the wall I stood up to greet him. He looked panicked, and immediately retreated back into the wall. It was at that moment that I realized that I had gotten too close. So, I laid back down again, and that is where I stayed. He then came right back out, and began to exercise his biceps. With a smile on his face, he stood before me and bulged his enormous muscles for me. I later understood the message he was relaying to me. I will share it with you at the end.

Up to this point, he was the only one that I thought was in the room. With the nightlight removed, I could not see the bed on the other side of the room because of the darkness. After the exercise routine, another ghost presented itself to me. She was an Asian woman. I would say that she was in her mid 60's. She was translucent, not in color. I could not hear her voice either, but I could easily read her lips. She knelt down beside me, and asked me if it was alright that she sit so close. I said that "it was ok". I made the mistake of giving her the "thumbs up" sign.

She immediately began to cry, and thought I gave her the "finger". I read her lips, and that is what she thought she saw. I felt terrible, and tried to explain, but she went away sad to the dark side of the room. In the next moment another female Asian ghost presented herself to the side of my bed. She appeared to be in her late 40's. For whatever reason I felt that they were mother, and daughter. The ghost said, "you cannot do that to us". I responded, "I did not give her the "finger", I gave her a "thumbs up". I asked if she would please come back? The elder ghost did return to the side of the bed, still with tears in her eyes. I showed her once again the "thumbs up" sign. This time she moved very close to my hand so she could see better. I still don't think she believed me, and when she went to the dark side of the room, she must have told others. That's right, there were more ghosts in the room.

Whenever the other ghosts presented themselves to me, the original "Host" ghost was not present. Now, other ghosts in the room started to get brave. The next two ghosts came out from the dark, and stood next to my bed. They were two young males in about their mid to late twenties. There was something wrong with them. They looked similar like brothers. They each wore plastic frame glasses. They were bad ghosts. Maybe they came to taunt me because they were told that I gave the "finger" to the elder Asian ghost? I do not know, but they came to taunt me. I still had my left arm under the covers. They stood next to me and asked me, "if I was j_ _ _ _ _ _ _ off? They were each making the usual gesture at me. They were trying to intimidate me. I simply smiled, and nodded my head yes. These two ghosts were examples of bad humans in life. I do not know why, but I felt that they did some horrible things to people while alive, and may have been sentenced to death in prison. They did not succeed in shaking me so they went back to the dark side of the room.

Next, two other ghosts let me see them. They stayed a little further away. They were both woman. For whatever reason, they chose to present themselves as circus clowns, and even turning that part of the room into a circus environment. It only lasted a few moments, and they returned to the dark side of the room. At this point, there seemed to be a slight break in the action. A couple of ghosts appeared to me. They stayed further away, and I could only see their outline. They appeared to be talking to each other. This is the only time when I believe that I could actually hear the faintest whispers.

Now, my "Host" ghost reappeared, and a sort of slide show began on the wall in front of the bed. Now I understood why he wanted me to look at the wall, and why he needed the nightlight removed. The pictures that were being shown to me were of tropical lagoons, pretty places, even golf courses. I became aware that he was showing me where they were going. A new ghost appeared at the side of my bed. She was in color like the "host". She was pleasant looking. She wore red plastic frame glasses, and appeared to be in her 50's. She was carrying a small pillow. On the pillow was a pair of glasses. She presented the pillow to me, and wanted me to put on the glasses. I guess it was so that I could better see the slide show on the wall. In all she brought me two pair of glasses.

Things took a slight change for the worse in the following moments. Soon the nice images that were being shown to me turned bad. I began to be shown graveyards. Two male ghosts that had not shown themselves to me yet, were dressed as police officers. They stayed on the darker side of the room, and were pushing a jail cell towards me. They told me to get in. So, I got out of bed, and walked towards them. They immediately went away. But, it was not over, my bed was converted into a horse drawn hearse with my view out the back of the cemetery. The same evil ghosts were chanting that "someday that's where" I'll be.

Needless to say I was not liking how things were evolving. I checked my watch, and the time was 4:30 am. Almost three hours had passed. At this time my "Host" ghost appeared to me between the beds. He was now dressed in a red, and white floral tropical shirt with white slacks. He was showing that he was dressed to go. I now understood his presence, and the symbolism of his exercising. They were there to energize themselves by being close to a human sole one last time before their trip.

When he came to the side of my bed, dressed as he was, he smiled at me. With his left hand on his hip, he extended his right hand to me. I shook his hand, but I could not feel his touch this time. He pointed to the wall for me to watch, and then he left. Other ghosts that I had not seen began to come to side of my bed. They came to say goodbye. They thanked me, and lined up. Some kissed me on the cheek, and wanted one back. A young girl was escorted to me by an older gentleman. She was probably a teenager. I could tell that she was mentally challenged in some way. She wore glasses, and her face was slightly distorted. The man was in his late 50's, and stood behind her to keep an eye on her. She kissed me on the cheek, and wanted one back. I gave her one, and as she was being led away by her chaperone, she turned back to me for another kiss. She was told that one was enough.

The room now seemed empty, and my eyes were on the wall. What happened next was the grand finale. My "Host" ghost wanted to show me how they leave. The wall turned into outer space, and I was now looking at the earth spin millions of miles away. It was now exactly 4:45 am. All at once, thousands of lights left the earth, from all the continents like fireflies, and joined up in space clustered together. Once together, they sped away to their final destination, and disappeared into eternity. I believe that was my special gift for my time.

The room was still dark, and I finally laid back down to sleep. However, there were two stragglers left behind. As I laid down I was cautious again about something still in the room. I opened my eyes, and the two evil ghosts were now dressed as burglars. They turned the mirror over the desk into a door, were trying to sneak up on me. I think they were left behind, and could not pass through. I sat up, and shouted that it was over, and to go away! They hid back into the wall. Again, they tried again to taunt me now at foot of my bed. Again, I screamed "it is all over"! "Go away with the others"! This time they left for good.

However, it still was not completely over. A tall man appeared at the foot of my bed. He was in color, and had not shown himself to me earlier. He was about 6'4" tall. He was slim and appeared to be in his mid 70's. He wore a gray rimmed hat, a white button down long sleeve shirt, and a pair of blue jeans. He did not look like he was from this time period. He looked like he was from the rural mid-west during the 1930's or 40's. Could he have been a guide?

I had a plastic container against the wall at the foot of the bed. I had some folded clean clothes in it. He bent down, and started looking through it. He looked back at me as if to ask for my approval. I sat up, and said "it's okay". He did not seem to find anything that interested him there. He then stood up and passed his hand through one of the draws in the dresser. He pulled out my blue folded facecloth. He held it to his face as if he were weeping into it or it is something earthly that he had missed for a long time. I told him to take it if he wanted. He then laid across the foot of my bed across my feet face down. He was pressing the cloth to his face. I sat up, and put my hand on his back. I could not feel him. Within the snap of a moment his body disappeared. Oddly, his blue jeans stayed as if his body was still in them. And, then in the blink of an eye they were gone too. I checked the draw to see if my facecloth was still there? It was, but there must be a ghostly rendition of it somewhere else.

That was the entire event. It lasted 3 hours. As I laid back down, I still saw scenes of graveyards with my eyes closed. I was concerned that something may have been left in my eyes? So, I got dressed, and drove myself to the emergency room to have my eyes checked. I was drained, and even a little dazed. I found myself driving in the wrong lane with oncoming early morning traffic. Luckily, I turned around, and got to the hospital. Try telling this story to the doctors on staff at this time of the morning. Obviously, they did not believe me, and thought I was crazy. They asked if I had been drinking or doing drugs. They did a blood test, and of course everything was normal. They sent me home with a prescription for an Anxiety Drug which I threw in the garbage on my way out.

I returned back to my room. The pictures on the wall had gone away, and I finally slept. I later explained this story to an expert in the field of such encounters. He has written 3 books on the topic. He has witnessed sightings, but has never heard of one that lasted this long, and with such great detail. Did I witness a final departure? Did the spirits travel to my room together? Or did they just follow each other independently, not really as group? Do they always try to find a human sole that will accept them for their last moments? Did I provide them with energy needed for their journey?

The expert that I spoke to did tell me this. I asked "why me"? He said that they were comfortable with you. And you asked them to come in. He said that I may be a doorway. He did warn me to be very careful about ever doing that again. Not all humans are good. The same is true with their ghosts. I understood.

Other hauntings by mikepapp

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Connecticut

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, mikepapp, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

mikepapp (3 stories) (34 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-01-31)
Hi Caz,

I know it is hard to believe. I would have a hard time believing it too. However, I did take the advice from some other members, and sent the story to ASPR in New York City. I have asked for their help in assessing this event. I hope they respond. If they do, I will post their comments.

Thanks, Mike
KikiGirl (8 stories) (207 posts)
-1
7 years ago (2017-01-30)
mikepapp, it's always when you least expect it that your "calling" comes to light. Somebody putting a white cloth over them and scaring somebody else can end up in somebody researching ghosts and end-up, actually seeing or contacting a deceased-relative without really, even meaning to do it. The dimensions are very fluid and when you are in the right space at the right time, you will better understand what it wants from you or what you can do to help. You can't force it but you will know when it happens.

The most important thing is how it feels to you, at the end of the day. I find most coincidences have more meaning to them then people realize. This is silly, but, at once stage, I was doing research on the variations of the four horsemen of the apocalypse and the different ways they appear in various mythologies. I hadn't got very far when my family and I took a trip to a family friends farm. I used to be scared of horses because when I was young I had fallen off a horse when it took off running. But, I immediately took to the horses on the farm and made it my mission to overcome my fear while I was there. 0ne evening, I went to the pen with some food, but, the horses were located way back at the end of the arm, and the grounds were huge. I was more comfortable with them now, so I opened the pen and walked down to them. When the food was done the horses began nudging, pushing and nipping me. Such was it that the white horse protected me. He walked me all the way back up to the top of the pen, all the while, the other horses taking chances trying to butt/buck and bite me. I then realized that the horses were four colors - white, black, red and light-brown - the SAME colors as the four horsemen. And that the white horse symbolizes the horseman - "Death". When I was younger, I used to have premonitions of people dying and they came true. Since this happened I have not had any further premonitions of death.
Just out of respect for the horse that protected me - his name was "Stormie".

Remember to share any more experiences you have and thanks for posting any feedback from the ASPR.
Caz (342 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-01-30)
Hey Mike...I've only just read both your amazing stories, so I'm a bit late to the party, but I just wanted to say that though your story may 'read' like you'd unknowingly ingested some sort of hallucinogenic, the chances of that must be beyond miniscule. I've never heard anything like your experience before, so it's kind of hard to say whether it actually happened or whether it was just a bizarre dream, but in the world of the paranormal, strange things happen all the time. The thing is... I do believe that 'you' believe it happened. Look forward to hearing the response to your letter. Good Luck! 😉
sweetsunshine1800 (4 stories) (85 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-01-30)
Hi mikepapp,

Thanks for replying. I think I've accidentally given you a - 1 rating instead of +1. I'm sorry about that 😢

Have a good day!

Best wishes and,
Regards,
Sweetsunshine1800
mikepapp (3 stories) (34 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-01-30)
Hi Sweetsunshine1800,

I did sort of stumble upon this web-site. When I saw that you could share your own experiences, I joined so that I could finally write about it.

The few people I tried to explain it to did not believe me, and thought I had gone off the deep end. Even the doctors at the hospital thought I was nuts. I guess I can't blame them. If this encounter is rare, it needs to be looked at by some experts.

I took the advice of Manafon1, and Tweed and sent the story to ASPR in New York City. I promised to post any feedback that I may receive from them. Thanks for your comments. Mike
mikepapp (3 stories) (34 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-01-30)
Hi Sweetsunshine1800,

I did sort of stumble upon this web-site. When I saw that you could share your own experiences, I joined so that I could finally write about it.

The few people I tried to explain it to did not believe me, and thought I had gone off the deep end. Even the doctors at the hospital thought I was nuts. I guess I can't blame them. If this encounter is rare, it needs to be looked at by some experts.

I took the advice of Manafon1, and Tweed and sent the story to ASPR in New York City. I promised to post any feedback that I receive may from them. Thanks for your comments. Mike
sweetsunshine1800 (4 stories) (85 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-01-30)
Hello mikepapp,

Thank you for sharing this amazing experience. Like everybody else says, I too felt like I was in that room watching the departures with you. I also wonder that anybody else ever have had an experience like yours? Like Tweed said, I too thought you were on some sort of drugs, but as you've ruled that out, I think otherwise. I'm kind of lost for words about how to describe your experience, so I can't comment much 😳

P.S It's going straight to your favs
😊

Have a good day

Best wishes and,
Regards,
Sweetsunshine1800
mikepapp (3 stories) (34 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-01-28)
Hi Kikigirl,

I don't know if I responded to your comment. But, I know that I do not have your experience in such events. I have read your stories, and you seem to have the gift. If I did anything to help those spirits find their way, it was by accident. I was a fumbling keystone cop.

Thanks for your comment, and I will keep following your stories. Mike
mikepapp (3 stories) (34 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-01-27)
Hey Manafon1 and Tweed,

I sent a detailed letter to ASPR as you suggested. I explained everything. I expressed that their area of expertise, in the interest of science, would be greatly appreciated in this matter.

I will post all correspondence if I receive any? Thanks, Mike
mikepapp (3 stories) (34 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-01-27)
Hi Elrond,

I have never heard that some cultures equate the "thumbs up" sign as being equivalent to the "finger" sign. That would certainly explain the sad reaction.

As far as drugs go, I do not take any. Lite Beer is as far as I go. I did have a blood test done at the emergency room immediately after everything. The doctors thought I was on drugs too. But, there were no drugs or alcohol in my system.

At the request of a couple of other members in the comment section, I did just contact ASPR. I sent a detailed letter asking them if they could take a moment to shine some light on all of this.

I will post any information that I may get from them. Thanks for your comment. Mike
Elrond (3 stories) (38 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-01-27)
Just a couple of quick observations on the comments! I don't have a theory about what happened, but 1.) in some cultures, our "thumbs up" to them is the equivalent of the middle finger to us, and 2.) I have had extremely vivid dreams after taking Bonine for motion sickness. I was completely unaware I was dreaming with the Bonine in my system. It has happened to me twice; one was a positive dream and one was quite frantic. I would hesitate to take it now due to the trippy nature of the dreams. I wouldn't have taken it the second time had I realized the subsequent vivid dream was the result.
mikepapp (3 stories) (34 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-01-27)
Okay Manafon1 and Tweed,

Everything is up to date with regards to responding to comments here. So I am going to leave for awhile, and try to get in touch with ASPR as you have suggested. I will let you know how it goes. First I have to drop some acid. Just kidding. I will touch back later. Mike
mikepapp (3 stories) (34 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-01-27)
Hello Manafon1,

Well, I just addressed Tweed's hypothesis. And, I suppose that something like that can happen. However, I personally, have never read of, or heard of, anyone being drugged by food at a restaurant. That kind of thing can dig a little into your overhead can't it?

There was no restaurant at the motel. Maybe the local Deli, or McDonalds, was running a special promotion on some new recipes that I was not aware of? I was not out dining out, and certainly was not bringing food in from any kind of establishments that you have mentioned.

As I stated to TWEED, after the ordeal, I took myself directly to the emergency room. The doctors suspected drugs or alcohol as the culprit. They did a full blood test checking my liver, and kidneys.

They found no drugs. Everything was perfectly normal. However, the geniuses did send me home with a prescription to be put on drugs, and a $3,000.00 bill for the one hour visit. I threw the prescription in the garbage on my way out, and I am paying the bill over time.

Thanks for your input, Mike
Manafon1 (6 stories) (712 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-01-27)
Mikepapp--I wanted to quickly add to my last comment that a more esoteric drug like psylocybin or peyote might not have been covered in a drug test performed in an emergency room. Alcohol, opioids and things like cocaine and marijuana would be what they would be testing for. Something like psylocybin or even LSD might slip by undetected. It's something to consider.
mikepapp (3 stories) (34 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-01-27)
HI Tweed,

Well, I have stated that I would even have a hard time believing all of this, even after my experience. I have been asked if I "Tripped Acid". I explained that while do have occasional acid indigestion, I find that Alka Seltzer works just fine for me.

I'm sure to many it sounds like I was on some drug or hallucinogen. However, as I stated in the story, I took myself directly to the emergency room. Of course the doctors figured the same thing as you. So they did a full blood test checking my liver, and kidneys, etc.

There were no drugs in my system, and I was perfectly healthy. However, the geniuses then wanted to put me on drugs. I threw the prescription in the garbage on my way out.

So, there were no drugs. It might be easier for me to think that there were. Thanks for your input. Mike
Manafon1 (6 stories) (712 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-01-27)
Mike Papp--I think Tweed has hit on a good possibility of what happened to you. Some place where you ate or bought some in house prepared baked good had some food item laced with something. Tweed suggests hash but I smoked a good bit of that in my teens and twenties and only felt really mellow, there were no hallucinations.

However, if someone "dosed" something you ate with LSD (lysergic acid diethylamide) which is a "drug known for its psychological effects... This may include altered awareness of the surroundings, perceptions and feelings as well as sensations and images that seem real though they are not", that could explain what you experienced.

Other possibilities include peyote, which is a small cactus that can be cut up into small bits and has psychoactive properties as well as a history of use in ritual and medicine within certain Native American groups or the psylocybin mushroom which can also alter one's perceptions for a good amount of time.

The way things you saw often "morphed" into other objects, for instance, is typically reported by those under the influence of a psychedelic or psychoactive drug. Your dazed state of mind while driving to the hospital could also have been part of you "coming down" from something you were given.

All this said, it would make sense, if you are convinced what you experienced actually happened, to contact the ASPR. Please share their assessment if you do that!
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-01-27)
That was something else. 😕 After the beagle encounter this wasn't what I was expecting.

I agree with Manafon, contact the paranormal research place in case this was paranormal. I have a feeling it wasn't though, sounds like a drug trip.
I wondered about an acid flash back too. Or maybe someone stuck hash or something in the food of where you were staying. A friend of mine used to do this at the Cheesecake Shop, to take home later, not for the public. But a few ended up being mistakenly sold to the public. This may have happened where you were staying or from some take away shop you visited. I can't comment on acid as I've never done it. But I've had some drawn out half dream, half awake vivid trips which last for hours from only bonging on, because I'm a lightweight. Nothing heavy from the Cheesecake shop though, I hate sugar, don't touch the stuff. (irony)
It really sounds like you peaced out with a sack of chronic. No real harm done I guess, but it would suck having ingested anything unknowingly. I gave up all mind altering substances in '04 but I remember what it was like. The way your night played out, one vision after the other, reminded me a lot of a drug trip. Full on, one thing after the other. I suspect you accidentally ingested something a bit naughty and, going by the mood you were in, quite pricey.

With all that said, I think it's important to say your jacko lantern weirdness with the beagle on the bed encounter sounded paranormal and very cool too! Well, the beagle bit is cool, the jacko thing sounded not so nice!
mikepapp (3 stories) (34 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-01-27)
Hi Manafon1,

I did feel drained after the incident or "dazed" as I described it. I was very concerned about my eyes because after the event, I was still being shown graveyards even with my eyes closed. One of the mean spirits did say "that's where you will be someday". And, if I could not rid my eyes of those kinds of visions, then I would have been heading to my early grave sooner rather than later.

I did have a little trouble finding my way to our local hospital. It was only 10 minutes away, and I found myself driving in the wrong direction against oncoming traffic. The drivers were blinking there lights at me. I was wondering what there problem was. Then I realized I was going the wrong way. So, yes I was drained, and confused to say the least. But, I did manage to turn around, and find my way safely.

As far as the Asian ghost mistaking "my thumbs" up for giving her the "finger", I described what I saw. I have no knowledge of how ghosts see in the dark.

When the "Host" Ghost presented himself to me for the last time. He stood by my bed, over me as I was laying down, with is left hand on his hip. He had a warm smile on his face. He then extended his right hand to me, and waited for me to take it. I extended my right hand to his. I could not feel his hand, but placed my hand according to his. Our hands moved up, and down in unison. I believe that I was just following his lead. It was a normal handshake. He was a human presence. His hands, and body were in clear human form. He was the one in color too. There were only two others that appeared in color that early morning.

Some of the ghosts that stayed in the dark during this event, did come to the side of my bed to say "goodbye". At least, that's how I interpreted it? Out of the 9 or so that came, only about 3 were women. The women offered to kiss my cheek, and then offered their cheek to me. I returned the gesture. The other male ghosts either extended their hand to me, or just gave a nod as they passed by. I could feel no touching, only a "going through the motion" of the gesture.

I was curious about your mention of the word "telepathic". While I stated that there were no words spoken. I seemed to understand everything being said to me beyond reading lips. Is this what you mean by telepathic?

I will contact the ASPR. And, to answer your last question "did I ever drop acid"? You are the second person to ask me that. Aside from occasional acid indigestion, I would not really know what "Acid" is? I never did it, and I did not know anyone that ever did it, or at least they did not tell me about it. Alka Seltzer works fine for me.

I would like to clarify something that caught my own eye while reading my account. The event began at 2:45 am and ended with the ghost's departure at 4:45 am. I miscalculated. The event lasted 2 hours, not 3. I never was good at math.

Thanks very much for your input. I appreciate it. As I have said to others, I would have a hard time believing all of this story too. Even after what happened to me. All doubts are completely warranted.

I am an accomplished expert in the game of golf, not the paranormal. Why these 13 or more ghosts came to me instead of there own family, and friends is a sad mystery to me? They should have been elsewhere, don't you think?

As I have said to the other's, luckily this is the only ghost story I have. I do not have anymore lined up. I do not have any semi-regular sightings of family, friends, etc. So I am all tapped out. One like this, in a lifetime, should be enough for anyone. I will not welcome any second chances should they ever present themselves again.

I have submitted one more true story, but it has nothing to do with ghosts. It's a story about the mysteries surrounding our "Human Senses".

If you have any other thoughts please let me know. Thank you for you time, and knowledge in this particular area of science. I have none. Mike
BeagleMom (3 stories) (84 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-01-26)
Mike,

I have been known to whine that I have never seen an apparition, but after reading your account, well, I count myself as lucky! Other than that comment, I really don't have anything to say... I wouldn't know where to begin!

Best of luck to you and may you forever have Sweet Dreams!


Mother of Beagles
Manafon1 (6 stories) (712 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-01-26)
Mikepapp--I read your account with an unfolding sense of bewilderment. I have experienced several paranormal incidents throughout my life but like the vast majority of such things, they were brief, usually no longer than a few minutes max. Those longer incidents were of the audial variety or sometimes a sensation I experienced of my bed lightly rocking, as if by an unseen hand when I was a young boy. Visual apparitions are almost always fleeting. Like seconds to maybe a minute. Yours sounds like a mashup of A Christmas Carol and the Peter Jackson movie The Frighteners.

There are some case studies (and I have read hundreds) where an apparition (like the Cheltenham ghost) was seen for up to thirty or so minutes and one or two where an apparition was seen for forty five minutes but they are the exception to 95% or more, of well documented apparitions.

The vast majority of these reports also make clear that the person witnessing an apparition stated they felt drained from their encounter, as if it draws energy from the living person to present itself. How did you feel after seeing a virtual parade of ghosts? It seems astounding you could drive yourself to the hospital!

There were specific things you described I wanted to mention. You stated that one Asian apparition had trouble seeing in the dark and initially mistook your "thumbs up" to be a flip off. One assumes, and case studies suggest this time and time again, that apparitions that appear in pitch black rooms have no problems seeing anything. They appear and give every indication they are fully aware of their immediate surroundings no matter the lighting conditions. This very well (at least in some cases) could have everything to do with the telepathic nature of the visitation and that the spirit is interacting with the person or persons subconscious. In essence utilizing the percipients knowledge of his or her surroundings to navigate it properly.

I was curious to know if when you shook the hand of the one apparition if you actually saw his hand grasping yours? Was there an indication, even without feeling his touch, that the handshake was like that of a normal handshake? In reports where a physical touch of an apparition is felt it is often seen at the same time.

The same applies with the kisses on the cheek you received from some of the apparitions. Sensing a kiss, for instance when a son killed in battle appears to his mother or wife, is reported with some consistency. I can't recall ever reading of an apparition appearing to kiss a stranger.

I don't know what happened to you that night. I'm also not discounting it. However, there are so many aspects to your account that are beyond the typical paranormal encounter that you really should consider contacting the American Society of Psychical Research. I don't believe they have such an incredibly involved case in their vast archives. If what you report happened as you describe it, it is easily the most complex case ever experienced. I guess I am hugely skeptical but it's not a bad thing to be when reading an account by a complete stranger. It's really nothing personal.

Please consider contacting the ASPR. You either had one incredibly complex and long lasting (three hours!) encounter or were having a bizarre dream or some kind of flashback. I know you state you have never been on any medication but have you ever dropped acid? I ask this sincerely as flashbacks are a side effect that can occur even years later.
Temilicious (7 stories) (99 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-01-26)
Oh man, my heart goes out to his family, that's just tragic. I pray they're coping, especially his son. The law can be so unfair at times. I often wish there were other ways for people like Bill's son to make amends for their actions instead of incarceration. Not everyone deserves to be put away.

Glad to hear he's alive though.

Hahaha love how you dealt with them the following night. I know from experience that once I open myself up to them they can become a bit of a nuisance, then I have to be stern but not rude to them.

Nothing more to add though, cause, like I said before, have never read of an encounter like yours. Will just have to wait for the comments and hopefully someone can shed light as to what it is you experienced.

Maybe you can go back to the front desk lady (seeing that she seemed more open-minded), and ask her to listen out for any weird encounters that happen in the room, just to find out if it was an isolated incident meant only for you, or maybe the room has some sort of portal to it that helps them cross over, making it a frequent occurance.

Still fascinated.
KikiGirl (8 stories) (207 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-01-26)
mikepapp what an astonishing and unusual account.

I know that you did discuss your story with the man who explained to you that you might have some abilities? In order to have enough energy; the understanding and focus to initiate, undergo, conduct and finish such a task with so many ghosts is very rare.

Most people train for years to make contact with a spirit talk with a ghost or even see a ghost - ALL of which you did and provided them with the vision to make their departure. People often stumble upon their gifts, it can be dormant for ages and suddenly resurface. The event took some time, even if it did not feel like it did, and that must mean that you were doing something 'right' at that time in your life to work with your gift. Sort of like opening a door, with ease.

I'm glad that people have mentioned that the encounters can be positive or negative, good or bad energy so you will have to discern or yourself when to remove yourself from a situation. You definitely have some sort of inner-eye or hidden knowledge on guiding spirits to their destination.

Best Wishes!
Argette (guest)
 
7 years ago (2017-01-26)
Mike, I agree. After that I experience, I hope you never see any other ghosts.

I don't know how you kept it all straight and wrote such a cohesive and orderly account.

Yes, Richard Simmons would be a bit much, although I think he's kind of cute.
mikepapp (3 stories) (34 posts)
+3
7 years ago (2017-01-26)
Hi Hawkseye12002,

I have replied to everyone that had a comment, and will continue to. I have answered every question in detail. If there is anything else I can share, let me know. But, I think I covered it all. Luckily for everyone, I do not have anymore ghost stories. I am all tapped out. One in a lifetime should be enough for anyone.

I will focus on your stories. Thanks, Mike
mikepapp (3 stories) (34 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-01-26)
Hi Argette,

Envisioning Richard Simmons, in my room, really would have been a horror story!

I can see him now in his shorty shorts having all the other ghosts "Sweaten' to the oldies". I would have left for sure.

Thanks, Mike
mikepapp (3 stories) (34 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-01-26)
Temiliciuos,

I forgot to answer your one last question. The Inn that I stayed in was fairly modern. I grew up in the Brookfield area, and there were no stories of anything out of the ordinary ever happening there.

After the event, I did go to get my morning coffee in the office. I started to share my story with one of the young gals that worked the morning shift. The night manager that I had initially called that night, was in the back of the office, and heard us talking. She immediately came out to the front, and politely stopped the conversation.

I understood. It might be bad for business if the Inn got a reputation for being Haunted. During my brief conversation, the gal at the counter mentioned that it might be cool to send some local paranormal investigators to check out the room. That's when the night manager came running out front!

Nothing more was said. I personally feel that the incident was random. I stayed in the room for weeks more with no fear or feeling anything negative.

However, there is one more thing that I forgot about. The following night I went to bed at my usual 10:00pm. I should have no problem falling asleep, because of the activities the night before. I closed my eyes, and again there was something fluttering under my eyelids.

It appeared to be an orb. It was slightly orange in color. I immediately sat up in bed, and said, "If that is any of you guys coming back for a visit, you are not welcome! "Go away, last night was enough"!

Whether it was an orb or not I do not know, but I wasn't taking any chances. I laid back down, and my eyes were clear.

Thanks for your comments. I hope I answered your questions. Mike
Argette (guest)
 
7 years ago (2017-01-26)
Yeah. Wow. I don't know what else to say.

I keep conjuring up Richard Simmons when you talk about the guide.
mikepapp (3 stories) (34 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-01-26)
Hi Temilicious,

I did contact my old work place, and asked if Bill still worked there? That's how concerned I was. I was happy to hear that he was alive, and well. Not only did the ghost look very much like a slightly younger Bill, but it also concerned me that he may have passed away based on what I will share with you now.

I had heard that Bill's family suffered a bit of a tragedy a few years back. His oldest son, of 21 years, had gotten into a car accident. The driver of the other vehicle was killed, and Bill's, pride and joy, was sentenced to prison convicted for Vehicular Manslaughter.

They are all very close, and as you can imagine, Bill and his entire family were totally devastated. When the ghost appeared looking like Bill, I was concerned that he may have died from a broken heart. So that is how that came about.

As far as the comments go, they are still coming in, and are kinder than I anticipated. They are all there to read. I have admitted that I would have a hard time believing this story myself, even with an open mind. It is completely warranted to have doubts. I would too.

Thankfully, I do not have anymore ghostly stories. I am all tapped out. As I said, one in a lifetime should be enough for anyone. But, I certainly have an unwavering belief in the afterlife!

Thank you for your feedback. I look forward to reading more of others encounters. Thanks, Mike
Temilicious (7 stories) (99 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-01-26)
...oh and did you make inquiries to see if it was indeed Bill or not?
Temilicious (7 stories) (99 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-01-26)
Hi Mike,

I also felt like I was in the room watching "the departures" unfold. Kind of like watching those vintage home videos shot from e.g 8mm cameras.

I wonder if anyone else on this site has ever had an experience similar to yours. I probably would've thought I'm losing my mind and rushed to hospital as well. You could've fallen asleep yet it doesn't sound like it played out like a dream.

Interested to hear what others say.

Thanks.

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: