You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: My Granny's Experiences

Real Ghost Stories

My Granny's Experiences

 

In this post I will be writing some experiences my Granny had when she was about 14 years old.

She used to live in a very big house that then turned into a restaurant (that's relevant). Lets begin.

First Experience:

It was around 11 to 12 pm, G (I'll call her that) was in bed ready to go to sleep when she felt that someone was sitting at the feet of her bed. G opened her eyes and saw her father. (He had died 3 years ago). He talked to her like if he had never died and it was a completely natural conversation.

When they finished talking, he just got up, opened the door and left. G never felt weird or scared whatsoever.

Second Experience:

When the house was turned into a restaurant, it was still owned by G's family. At night, sometimes the waitresses had to stay because it was way too dark and a bit dangerous to go home. One of the stories the waitresses said to have had experienced was that when they were getting the sleeping bags ready, they kept hearing footsteps. A shuffling-like noise of someone wearing slippers. Then doors being closed and windows too. When they went to check, there was no-one there. So after some nights they decided to tell G's mother. It turned out to be her father all along. (As I said before, he had died 3 years ago). G's father used to wear slippers, that explained the noise, and at night, he went and closed windows and doors so the heat would stay.

I hope you enjoyed the story. I know it's a bit short and I'm sorry for that, I'll try to make them longer though.:)

Other hauntings by why_not

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, why_not, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

why_not (2 stories) (6 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-02-09)
Oh and, elnoraemily, regarding to the first paragraph of your comment, my Granny moved to another house after it was turned into a restaurant (forgot to mention that). It could be that her grandpa didn't talk to anyone or act in a more "intelligent" way because the family didn't live there anymore 😲
why_not (2 stories) (6 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-02-09)
they remember having left the windows or doors at that time opened, heard them close, went to see and so were they. Hope it helped clear any doubts. 😁
elnoraemily (guest)
+2
7 years ago (2017-01-27)
This is interesting, because the first example of their conversation would be an intelligent ghost who can carry on a conservation, and the second part struck me as residual- a pattern just repeating itself.

Were the doors and windows being closed, or could they just hear the sounds of it happening?

Really interesting story. Your great-grandpa sounds sweet.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-01-27)
Bienvenido a YGS.

It was so sweet for G's father to keep an eye on his daughter and on the family business after his passing, and it's wonderful that G didn't freaked out seeing her father's spirit seating at the foot of the bed.

There's something I don't understand:

"...At night, sometimes the waitresses had to stay because it was way too dark and a bit dangerous to go home. One of the stories the waitresses said to have had experienced was that when they were getting the sleeping bags ready, they kept hearing footsteps. A shuffling-like noise of someone wearing slippers. Then doors being closed and windows too."

Do you mean they actually saw the doors and windows being closed or did they only heard the noise made by them?

Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: