You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Stone

Real Ghost Stories

Stone

 

The story happened in the nice apartment my mother and I were renting in the 1990's. Three years had passed since my first encounter with an apparition. There were changes in our lives already.

I was in high school, two male cousins four years older than I was and a lady house help of about the same age as my cousins were lived with us. They were all from the province. My cousins stayed with us for their schooling. They attended college in one of the best universities in our country.

Despite our differences and preferences, the four of us got along well. The quiet weekends I had once became fun filled days.

One lazy mid-morning, we gathered in the living room as we normally would.

The living room would be the first area you would step into when you entered the house followed by the dining area and then the kitchen. To your right as you enter was the living room then the staircase going to the second floor, a wall that served as division between the stairs and the kitchen then the bathroom.

While we were engaged in a conversation we suddenly heard a sound of an object that fell on the middle step of the stairs. Looking toward the source of the noise, we saw it hit the wall that separated the stairs from the kitchen. Then the it bounced towards the entrance door hitting the floor first before it struck the door then it bounced back towards the kitchen hitting the floor once again before it reached and settled on the kitchen floor.

We watched in awe as the whole scene unfolded in our eyes. For a brief moment we just remained in our seats, silent, frozen, staring at it trying to grasp what had happened. One of my cousins picked it up. It was a stone. It was about the size of a jackstone ball, but it was indeed a stone not a ball to have bounced to and fro. It was an ordinary one we would step onto in an unpaved road.

"Who could have done that and why?" Were the questioning look we gave one another.

A cousin ran upstairs too to check who might be responsible of it. He wanted to think there was someone who played a trick on us although he knew it was impossible because there were only the four of us everyday.

Of course, he found no one but it was more disturbing that no one was accountable for the action.

I told my mother of the event. She mentioned to us an experience she and her siblings had roughly two decades ago regarding stones thrown at their house. According to her, it started to happen when they tried to contact my grandmother (who already had passed away) through spirit of the glass. After several attemps of contacting her, my granda eventually gave in but they were admonished and warned not to play with it again. She said that whenever they decided to do something that grandma did not agree with, the roof would be stoned.

Their generation had a slightly different experience from ours though. First, only a single stone was thrown at us while they received many. Next, the stone thrown at us was inside the house, to them on their roof. The frequency? Well, our generation was luckier because we experienced such only twice our lifetime (I hope).

I wondered what we did that warranted my grandmother's attention even if none of us grandchildren were able to meet her.

Other hauntings by toosexysof

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, toosexysof, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

toosexysof (4 stories) (18 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-02-07)
Hi, talib!

Thanks for sharing your knowledge about stone throwings.

I used to believe that my family and I were the only people who experienced the incidents but because of the input you and other members/mod had given, I found out that such things happen in different areas of the world across race or religion.

Just like people from India, here in the Philippines, people also believe there are witches. These witches are known for poisoning through chants for retribution. I just could not share anything about it as I haven't had an experience first hand.
toosexysof (4 stories) (18 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-02-04)
Hi, Snowflakes211!

Thanks for reading my story ❤. If I were your mom, I'd do the same 😉. I thought of the event as warning.
talib (58 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-02-04)
Stone throwing incidents have been reported in India, most of the time, the stones are thrown on the roof of the house but rarely inside, the source is always unknown. This act is usually done by spirits under the control of a black magician or a witch who are paid to do it. Its just a tool to harass the family by their enemies
snowflakes211 (4 stories) (24 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-02-01)
Hi, I have witnessed something similar. It happened with our neighbor. Stones were thrown at their roof. This happened in afternoon or early evening and it continued for few days. It was witnessed by many people in our locality. First day people noted this, than they were scared and next day when it happened they all went to their homes and deserted the street to avoid it. As they thought it a bad sign. I tried to see where they were coming from as our neighbors house is right in front of us. I couldn't find a source from where someone can throw the stones in that direction and not be noticed. I wanted to note more but my mother scolded me and shut the doors and windows. As for the neighbor, they were extremely silent and didn't come out during these happenings.
toosexysof (4 stories) (18 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-01-31)
Hi, Tweed!

Thanks for sharing the link to that story. I've just read it. It's indeed terrifying, scarier than the first link shared.

You're right, how the stone bounced inside our house then was really perplexing, devoid of explanation. But, I should claim we were luckier because it wasn't very harsh like the experiences others had.

Thanks for reading my post. 😊
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
+3
7 years ago (2017-01-30)
Hi Toosexyof,

I'm just as confused as everyone else about this odd occurrence. What you said about stones pelting on the roof reminded me of another experience.
Http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=9821

Thanks for sharing. I'd love to know how your stone bounced around like that. Very strange!
toosexysof (4 stories) (18 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-01-30)
Hi!

I've read it already. That was scary! I have goosebumps all over. I should be glad that I experienced such only twice.

My mother and her siblings experienced such event but the stones were thrown on the roof, outside their house, at noon time or afternoon.

We were luckier though 😊 😊
toosexysof (4 stories) (18 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-01-30)
Hello, Fergie and Valkricry!

Sorry for the late response.

Thanks for your post and for giving me a link of a similar experience that we went through. I'm going to read it soon.

I guess that what it's called, poltergeist. My grandma had been a terrible, terrible ghost to everybody in the family before our birth - her grandchildren.
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+3
7 years ago (2017-01-29)
Glad I could be of help!
I have no explanation either for toosexysof experience. Maybe it was just Grandma's way of saying 'Hi'?
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
+4
7 years ago (2017-01-29)
Val, you are a star! Thank you so much. That is exactly the link I was looking for. You are so much more 'clued up' than me. Interesting story, eh?
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+5
7 years ago (2017-01-29)
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-01-29)
Hi toosexysof. What a strange experience. I have no explanation for your experience, though it sounds as if it could be poltergeist activity. I have read of similar occurrences on a site by the name of "Weird Australia". Wish I could find the link for you.

Thank you for posting.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: