You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Southside Haunting Part 2

Real Ghost Stories

The Southside Haunting Part 2

 

Those who haven't read "The Southside Home Haunting", may want to go back and read it before reading this one. Things continue to happen so I am putting a date on or near the occurrences the best I can.

A little re-cap - We moved in the house the end of March- first of April this past year. Due to some paranormal activity prior to moving in, we had our pastor come bless the house.

Fast forward to November

The unexplained noises continue and things are disappearing.

The past few months we have had personal items disappear practically right before our eyes. For instance, my daughter had laid her wedding set on the kitchen counter while doing the dishes one evening, after she was done with the dishes she went to put them back on and they were nowhere to be found. We looked frantically all over the house and even sifted through the trash. We looked for weeks but the rings had simply vanished. About a week ago the rings suddenly showed back up in a very peculiar place that she would never have put them herself. We have had all kinds of things come up missing, not necessarily anything of great value (beside the wedding set), but little things that we need and use on a daily/weekly basis.

January 3

About a week ago, I had gotten up early for work; I was ready to leave about 45 minutes early so I decided to lay back down for about 30 minutes. There was a Bath and Body bag with some sanitizers and a couple bottles of lotion in it that I had pushed back against the wall on one of my dressers to make sure it was out of the way. I was laying there for about 15 minutes about to doze off when I heard a swish sound and then something hit the floor and things went rolling. I jumped out of bed and saw the bath and body bag laying on the floor right about at my feet and the sanitizers had flown under my bed. There was no way that bag could have fallen off that dresser due to its weight and where it had been sitting. I even heard the swish sound of the bag scraping across the dresser as if someone had slid it off on purpose.

I have hardwood floors throughout the house which makes it extremely difficult to sneak up on anyone. At night when everyone is in bed, the noises seem to be getting louder. If I'm home, (I've been working nights at the hospital due to being short handed on staff) my daughter will call me from her cellphone to see where I am in the house, when she hears a noise. She told me that she and my son-n-law have both heard the floor creaking right outside of their bedroom door and when they open the door, no one is there. She's also been seeing something (via her peripheral vision) peeking in at her from the hallway, then it jumps back out of sight. Each time she gets up to check, no one is there. Their bedroom is at the end of a long hallway and there would be no time for anyone to run and hide (like my grandson) before being seen. Also, it's usually very late in the night when this happens.

January 9

There have been noises coming from downstairs and we both yell simultaneously only to find that it didn't come from either one of us. A couple of nights ago I was laying in my bed with my bedroom door open and saw a shadow walk down the hall towards my bedroom. I knew it wasn't anyone in the family because my grandkids were all piled on the bed with me and my daughter was sitting in a chair next to my bed. My son-n-law had been asleep quite a while because he has to get up early in the morning for work.

January 13

It was about 3am in the morning and I could not get to sleep (due to my crazy shifts at work), I was laying there staring up at the ceiling when I heard this very loud crash-bang-thump! I jumped out of bed thinking my 3 year old grandson must have fallen out of bed. My daughter jumped up and yelled and thought it could have been my 12 year old grandson falling out of bed. We both met each other in the hall saying "What was that?" My son-n-law, who is a very sound sleeper woke up as well. He did a look through the entire house but didn't find anything out of place. In the past he has accused us of having an overactive imagination but I think now, he may be changing his thinking. Besides, if it's our imagination, why is it that we both hear the same thing at the same time?

January 19

My 12 year old grandson got up to use the bathroom in his bedroom around 3am. He said he heard this loud thump in the attic above his head. He said he ran straight into his mom and dad's bedroom and slept on the floor. The next day, his dad wanted him to run upstairs to get his little brother something and he refused to go up there alone. Incidentally, I slept in my grandson's bedroom one night because we had family from out of town sleeping in my room. My grandson was sleeping downstairs with a couple friends. As I laid in his bed, I started hearing a noise that sounded like it was coming from his closet. I sat up and watched and finally saw it. It was his bedroom closet door that kept slightly opening and closing. I thought it could possibly have been a draft causing it because the attic door is in his closet. However, his bathroom and bedroom door were not moving at all. I didn't think any more of it until he told us about the crash in the attic.

January 21

My grandson fell asleep on my bed with me (presumably due to the fact that he was scared to stay in his room), about 2:00 my daughter called me on her cell and asked me if I was in his bedroom. I told her no. She had me meet her in the hallway. She said that it sounded like someone was ransacking his bedroom. We went in his room to check it out and nothing looked out of order. We went out in the hall and stood and we could hear noises coming from downstairs. We did not go check it out. Neither of us could fall back to sleep.

Thanks for reading and I will give you all an update in a few months if things continue.

Thanks for reading.

Other hauntings by Enlightened1959

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Tennessee

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Enlightened1959, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Enlightened1959 (8 stories) (118 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-02-20)
Thank you Augusta,

I'm actually just now feeling better. Everything has been all quiet since that night. 😁
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-02-08)
Good heavens! How rotten to be tormented with this business when you aren't feeling well! I hope the cold medicine helped at least:)

I don't know what your position on religion is and it's none of my business to ask - I am more 'spiritual', I guess, than a follower of any specific faith - but one thing I believe that a lot of religions get right is that our loved ones are always out there looking out for us. Whenever I move into a new space, the first thing I do is put up pictures of my grandparents and other members of the family stretching back to the 19thC - sort of to invite their love and protection into the space. Given that my current home overlooks a mass grave and that I have had very little paranormal activity since we moved in six years ago - there might be something to the habit:-) Bottom line, I think is that love and belief are key - it sounds corny but believe in love (whether it's the love of a god or ancestors or even the strength and power of your love for your family) and know how much power your belief holds... That and some vitamin C and a good rest! I hope you're feeling better and the cold doesn't make the rounds of the household!
Enlightened1959 (8 stories) (118 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-02-08)
AugustaM,

Thanks for your advice. I think I will do just that!

It's about 2am right now, can't sleep due to a very bad cold. I heard someone walking down the hall and thought it was my daughter with my 3 year old grandson. I heard heavy footsteps walk all the way downstairs and into the kitchen. I got up and my grandson was standing looking downstairs so I asked him if mommy went downstairs, he said no, mama sleeping. I went ahead downstairs to get some cough medicine knowing for sure I would find her in the kitchen. No one was down there. I went to my daughter's room and they were asleep! I had my grandson get in bed with my daughter and son-n-law. I don't know what to think.
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-02-07)
I am for doing the cleansing again- I have seen folks explain here that cleansing aren't necessarily one time wonders, they require repetition over time. Maybe on the second go 'round, blend your ground rules into the ritual.

And please keep us posted as to any further goings on and investigative results- thank you so much for sharing!
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-02-04)
Greetings, Enlightened.

Your previous cleansing of your home --using Rook's method-- should have evicted any malevolent entities from the home, and the follow-up shielding through both ritual (anointing with oil or holy water according to your church's traditions) and prayer would assist in blocking re-entry. If the entity never left, it would be a harmless one, despite being an occasional nuisance. If this is the case, you could try to speak directly to it to give it "ground rules" for living peaceably in your home (e.g.: no loud bangs at night, no scaring my daughter), as attempts to evict it through prayer have not yet yielded results (it may consider itself to be at home and to be harmless).

Your daughter's fear of what a paranormal investigation would uncover is (apologies, in advance) ridiculous. It's like having a nasty hacking cough but dreading what a visit to the doctor might reveal; sometimes, you just need an over-the-counter bottle of cough suppressant. NOT knowing who or what you've got living in your home will play on your daughter's fears far worse than finding out what is going on and forming a sensible plan to deal with it. The power of suggestion usually leads people to expect even worse events than the reality. You may have a spirit who is simply a bit lonely and wants attention!

Follow Rook's advice with the recorder, but you don't *have* to tell your daughter that you're doing it; if she finds it, you were curious to see if there's a way to get this spirit to settle down or to move on, but wanting not to worry your daughter. Sometimes, simple acknowledgement is enough.

About the spilled bag of lotion: You had to get up sooner than expected. Was there a clear benefit to your being woken up, such as getting to work early and missing a traffic jam on that date? On-line local newspaper articles may reveal this. (If not, perhaps the spirit just wanted the house to himself/herself! Our cats get that way if there's a snow day at school...) Sometimes, having a look at the consequences of the event are more telling than the initial shock or surprise caused by the event. Journals are a great way to look back through the events in order and to establish a pattern.

Best,
Biblio.
Enlightened1959 (8 stories) (118 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-02-02)
One more thing Babygoatpuller,

I have experienced these type things as well and finally I get angry and tell it to stop and it does stop for awhile.
Enlightened1959 (8 stories) (118 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-02-02)
Hello Argette and Rook,

There are paranormal groups in this area but if we have them come out, that will make it worse for my daughter. She is a stay at home mom right now and is afraid to be by herself even in the daytime. If a paranormal group were to come out and find activity, she would not be able to stay there anymore and I have too much invested in this home to try and sell it at this point. (And no way could I afford to live there alone nor would I want to.) At this point, I do not tell her any of my experiences because it just makes her more afraid.

And Rook, I have not yet taken the time to research the history of the previous owners or history of the area. I lost both parents rather quickly, then sold my parent's house and moved into this one. I have been working two jobs and just finished with one and I am still so exhausted that I haven't taken the time. I did however find out the name of a person who works in the office that handles property deeds who is supposed to know the history of our entire town so I will reach out to her as soon as have mentally rested up for a bit.
Enlightened1959 (8 stories) (118 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-02-02)
Hello SpookyCat,

Thank you for your comments. Yes, I keep it in a journal. I didn't really know if the readers would appreciate me putting a date on each incident but it helps me keep track of what happened when; and yes, I think that helps the reader know when exactly each occurrence happened.

I will definitely get the house blessed again, however,
Like Babygoatpuller stated, I have control as well because I am the owner of the home. I don't feel anything evil so maybe most of it can be explained due to it being a large house. It has been my experience that 2 story homes are a lot louder than 1 story.

Then again, there has been quite a bit that has happened that I just can not explain.
babygoatpuller (4 stories) (432 posts)
+4
7 years ago (2017-02-01)
I'm with Rook on this one Enlightened in that it's probably benevolent rather than malevolent.

I've got someone here that occasionally starts acting up and I'll let it know right away if it gets annoying. Just yesterday I was sitting here and heard a noise that was exactly like someone opening and closing my fridge door. I have a direct line of sight to my kitchen and the door wasn't opening but I could hear it. It happened four times and I got up to go open and close my fridge to confirm that that was exactly what I was hearing and I said out loud, "Stop that! It's annoying". It didn't happen again.

Have you tried letting whoever is there know that while their presence doesn't bother you so much, their actions need to be toned down?

Be the boss woman! It's your house! 😆 ❤
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+4
7 years ago (2017-02-01)
Enlightened,

First: Thanks for sharing.

Second: If the Blessing went smoothly AND the activity level did not really change there is a good chance the spirit is benevolent rather than malevolent.

Third: Has any research been done on the House and Property the home sits on? This could help determine WHY and maybe even WHO is 'hanging around'. If you do not have the time contacting an investigative group is not a bad idea... A Journal (if your not already keeping one) could help convince them to investigate AND it could help you review events that have happened and possibly 'debunk' some of them to natural causes.

Forth: If you have a digital recorder you may set it up as you go to bed, place it in a central location, turn it on and let it record. Review it in the morning and see what it 'captured'. Again, if anything is 'heard' that cannot be debunked, it could help convince a team to come investigate.

Please keep us posted.

Respectfully,

Rook
Argette (guest)
 
7 years ago (2017-02-01)
Enlightened, is there a paranormal group in your area? It is my understanding that many, if not most, will come in at no cost to the homeowner. Some have sensitives who can sometimes sense a troubled spirit and help them pass over.

If that is not an option, or not to your liking, do call in a clergy member and do a cleansing (like Rook's). Because I think you've got yourself a haunted house.

Thank you for posting.
SpookyCat_ (guest)
 
7 years ago (2017-02-01)
I've had things disappear and reappear in strange places as well, it makes me wonder What if they actually traveled through the spirit world?
Also, did you write these events down in a journal? I really like how you have the dates for each incident. It really helps the readers get all the detail! If you don't end up getting the house blessed again please keep recording each incident. Thank you so much for posting 😊
abbykay_luv (4 stories) (43 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-01-31)
Damn that's scary. And a hell of a house. Please do the cleansing again or move out. Thanks for sharing. Nice piece

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: