You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: I Have a Ghost in my House

Real Ghost Stories

I Have a Ghost in my House

 

My husband and I have been in our house for 8 months now, and we have a ghost; or at least we are convinced we do. I am a skeptical person and do not believe in these sort of things, but now I am starting to. It seems to be happening to my husband more than me.

There have been a few times where I've come home from shopping and when I come inside he had thought that I was already home because he said he heard the door shut earlier, but it's never me. A few weekends ago I was out with my girlfriends and as he was asleep he heard me come in and go into the front bathroom and vomit. He got up to bring me a glass of water in the bathroom.... but I wasn't home. I too come home and find that lights are on that I shut off, a chair will be pushed out or the toilet paper in the bathroom will be rolled down to the floor. Last night my husband woke up because he felt something kick him in his back from under the mattress. He thought perhaps our dog was under the bed, but he was asleep at the foot of our bed.

I never hear voices and I've never seen a ghost, but I am so afraid of my house now. No one ever died there, there was only a couple who lived there for 20 years and now us. What should I do?

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

arwingard (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-29)
We have expierenced similar things. What I did to get it out was, (Get one white candle and two red scented candles) They need to be burning for 3 days straight.) Then, get your Bible and read Psalms 91, for the next 3 days in the main area of your house. Also, walk around your house demanding the spirt to leave in Jesus Name. And letting it know that it is not welcome. You can get some olive oil and say a prayer while putting crosses on your windows, and that will close door ways for spirts. A friend of mine told me to do this, and it worked for us.
mrpeepsparakeet (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-15)
Well I hear voices in my house too and I'm 13 years old
And I go and find a little girl crying in the same corner and I say who are you and what do you want and it never replys
Vannarra (2 stories) (26 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-09)
I would try to contact the couple that lived there and see if they've ever had any of the experiences that you and your husband are having and try to get to the bottom of it.
Let me know how it goes.
❤ -Vannarra
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-19)
It may not have to do with the house, it may be the land or a possesion you have, maybe a piece of furniture -- have you purchased any used furniture items, this may have something to do with it.

God Bless! ❤
roxanna (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-30)
i think you should call the ghost people to see your house becuase that happen to me ones and I stop becuase I said go way and then the next day the ghost did not come back but now I liveing in a old house my mom see is hearing thing in the night and see thing and they just told me that my mom saw some thing yesurday and my sister is dreaming bad thing and I going to see who the ghost and why is he / she here be careful becuase some can be mean or bad or nice.
rebecca (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-22)
I have had several experiences in my home. One was my son was on his cell phone in the bedroom. Came to the kitchen to talk to me. The girl who was on the phone asked if he had left the room he said "yes". She said she heard a man and woman talking in the room. The man had a deep voice which in no way resembled my son. She couldn't make out what was being said though.
susan (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-20)
i have had an experiance of a ghost in my home it tried to sit on my legs and also tried to cuddle me in my bed there has also been lights going around the room not only in my room but my sons room aswell a lot of things did happen and I eventually got the local vicar in to bless the house that was 2 years ago and things have started to happen again
EarthboundAngel (2 stories) (38 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-03)
Just research, research, research. Your house may be on land where a tragic event occured. Hiring a paranormal team might set your mind at ease as well. Whatever you decide, DO NOT USE A OUIJA BOARD. They open up a gate to more than just earthbound spirits. Demons can come through as well and make things even worse.

Good luck!
erica (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-03)
what you should do is figure out if it is a good spirit or a bad one. Then figure out if it is and older spirit or a young one. If it is doing any harm to you, your husband, or anyone else then you should get a blessing done. If not try and see if you can live with your "friend".
Aero (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-22)
If it's moving things, its a poltergeist.
But also, if no one died there it might be a spirit of the deceased that was close to you or your husband, and its just following you around.
try and talk to him/her, maybe they're trying to tell you something.
Jennifer (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-13)
I to have experience a ghost. Staying over boyfriends house, One morning in bed some one was holding me and I heard a radio station changing music. It was still dark. When the arm moved away from around me. I turned around to find no one laying next to me. I got up to see if my boyfriend was still home, but his car was gone. I never told him about it. Few days later he said a few nights someone is pinning him down in the bed. I am afraid to stay another night over there
John (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-13)
I would seriously suggest that you contact a paranormal investigation group from your area. Tell them your story, and in most cases, the team of investigators will bring in some equipment to check out your house FREE OF CHARGE. This will NOT eliminate your problem, but will make you feel better if they can confirm what you have experienced. This can help you not feel "crazy". Most paranormal investigation teams have encountered similar situations and can then direct you on how to proceed if they feel that you are in any danger.
Alexandria (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-02-26)
Hi, I have or belive there are ghost in my house but they dont seem to harm me or any one else, unlike your case. Reasoning why I think there are some in my house is because of pictures! Anyways w/e you do dont question it like people are telling you to, its very bad!!! It will make it mad! What I have found from my readings is to sit down and ask it to leave...dont let it know your scared and DONT yell!!!Treat it how you what to be treated!!! If it doesn't work move out.
colene (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-02-21)
We are having situations in our home that I think we may have a ghost too...we move here in late July of this year....it seems to happen more when I am home alone than anyone else but my daughter and her husband said when they stayed while we were gone things happen to them...ours is door slamings and I felt someone standing next to me and wouldn't leave but finally of course did...this is so unreal to me...could this really be true????
Kathy (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-02-12)
I think you should ask him or her why are you being so rude and why are you bugging me and my husband. I think the ghost or spirit is trying to get your attention and it is not being nice about it, it doesn't mean to be rude or anything like that. Just ask him or her what do you want and why are you bugging me and tell it stop being rude and put your foot down you never know what the ghost wants unless you ask it and tell it I live here and please be nice. Email me if you want and tell me what happens no I am not psychic but I had some ghost in my parents house and I said please be nice and I am the boss here ok? My email is greekangel644 [at] hotmail.com
good luck! remember you are the boss it is your house now ok? :-))
harsh (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-02-10)
well the best thing is to move to another house else if you are that daring t face it then get some holy water from the church and sprinkle it!!!!!
chicano457 (1 stories) (11 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-02-10)
i beleieve that you should get a priest or a pastor and cast those spirits out your house. even if you do not beleive in god or go to church god will have mercy on you all.if i lived close by i would go and cast them out. but i live in florida sorry. j.h
Jess (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-02-09)
you should find out more information about the couple who lived there before you. Maybe they worked with a quiji board or performed some kind of rituals that could have brought spirits into your house.
50 Cent (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-02-09)
OMG I think you should bless the house and ask the people if they know anything about this.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: