You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: Susie The Black Shadow

Real Ghost Stories

Susie The Black Shadow

 

This is my mom's experience, but she has given me permission to tell it.

When my mom was pregnant with me my dad surprised her with a rat terrier puppy. They named her Susie and she was always right by my moms side. She went with us on camping trips, to relatives houses and to the beach. She was even in a lot of family pictures.

When Susie was 12 she started to suffer from serious health problems that caused her everyday life to be miserable. So my parents agreed it would be best to end her suffering and have her put to sleep. It was a hard decision, but we know that Susie didn't deserve to suffer.

Not long after Susie passed away my Mom was walking through the living room late at night around 1 and she noticed a small black shadow circling her feet. The only light she had was from the outside lights so she couldn't see much. She said it moved like Susie, but she couldn't see its face.

To this day my mom occasionally sees the black shadow when she's walking at night. She is sure it's Susie.

My mom has a blind cat, Helen and sometimes the cat will stop in the middle of what it's doing and focus on something in the distance. It's almost like she sees something because her head will slightly move like she's watching it.

I once read that some native American tribes believe blind animals can see into the spirit world and I personally believe it especially since animals are already sensitive to spirits.

My Mom also has 2 other dogs and they act like they see something too, they turn their heads to the side and watch something move around.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, SpookyCat_, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Argette (guest)
 
7 years ago (2017-02-02)
Oh, yes, this is very sweet! Animals have finely-homed instincts and, yes, good souls, and we need to pay heed to their actions. I would guess a blind animal is especially sensitive...
KikiGirl (8 stories) (207 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-02-02)
This was such a sweet story! I absolutely believe that animals have souls and that their souls are unconditionally good. It is part of the reason why I really hate people who abuse animals. Honestly, I believe all dogs / cats / horses etc go to heaven! Definitely! Although, I wouldn't be surprised, if they were so special to a person in life that the animal would still come and visit, now and again! Just to say "Hello."
agatha23 (1 stories) (13 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-02-02)
What a sweet story! Little Susie didn't want to leave her favorite human being! I have a Rat Terrier named Minnie and she's a little spitfire.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: