You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: My Haunted Bedroom

Real Ghost Stories

My Haunted Bedroom

 

This all began when I was about the age of 6. I am now 14 and this still occurs. My bedroom is haunted or at least I would hope it is with the things that happen in it. When I'm in my bed at night and just about to doze off, my bed shakes violently, scaring me half to death. I wake up and it's still shaking, of course like all people I ran out of my room, but just as I'm about to leave my room the door shuts making me not able to leave. Of course like any normal person would do I screamed on the top of my lungs. My mom comes in and there I am crying, with my quilt wrapped around me sitting in the back of the door.

Now on to what occurred just recently. I was laying on my bed reading a tiger beat magazine and out of nowhere I hear muffled whispering, but nothing that I could make out. It was hard to understand. Then I heard a deep male voice (very scary) say my name. That's when I froze. I knew it wasn't my dad or any of my brothers because I had stayed home from school that day, and I was the only one home with my 70 year old grandma. Of course it couldn't have been her. I sat up in my bed, and all I saw was this black hooded figure in my closet (it was a walk-in closet). I was shocked. I didn't scream, I didn't move. It was almost as if I was mesmerized by this figure. I felt warm tears fall down my cheeks, although I didn't do anything. I was in a trance. Then it disappeared in thin air. That's when I ran downstairs and I told my grandma everything. And of course like all grandmas she tells me it must have been my imagination. And believe me, it wasn't.

Later that night (which was recently; friday night the 23rd of November.) I refused to sleep in my own room, but yet my parents made me. I was so upset and scared to be in my room alone. I put the blankets up to my neck, closed my eyes and prayed and prayed and prayed until I dozed off. I was awoken by this gust of wind. I was freezing. My lips were blue as anything, I couldn't feel my fingers and every single window in my bedroom was open. They were wide open, to the point were you can't open them anymore. Mind you it's the middle of winter and that night it was probably the coldest night of winter so far. I got up closed the windows and went back in my bed. I faced the windows to see if whatever was making them open, would dare to open them in my view. And to my luck. The windows opened slowly one by one. I was in shock once again because I didn't see anything, but the crucifix between both windows was turned upside down. I started to cry, because I now thought I was dealing with something demonic.

Now it's pretty quiet but every now and then, I hear footsteps coming by my bedroom door and then they stop by my door leaving two feet shadows on the bottom which are clearly visible to see. Then the feet disappear. I check to see if anyone is in the hallway or in any of the rooms upstairs by me, but nobody is there.

I am scared and clueless as to if this thing is just a joker or if its demonic? I need to know what to do and how to do it. This is my first story and my first encounter and I am glad to share it with you people. I need some help. Thanks

Other hauntings by Sabrina12993

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New Jersey

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Sabrina12993, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Jesse41909 (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-06)
Your storie seem a lot like mine I am 17 now and I'm still hearing these voices I hear a mans voice though it always says my name like it knows me and I really does ever since I was 4 I remember my when I first saw it now I forgot about it and now all my memories of it have come back my bed shacks and since I never get off when it does it rises and my brother never listen to me until one day he heard hime say (hey kid come here I want to show you something and he told me that it had a weird laugh of many kinds can you guys or girl help with this
prickles18 (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-31)
im sorry I can't realy help but I heard a deep male voice calling my name at school
Though it was wierd nobody else was there
So whatever is bugging us does not awant anyone else to know about it! 😕 😠 did you find the video camera xx

from prickles ❤
yardcows (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-15)
well the first part of your stories sounds a lot like 'sleep paralysis'.
As for the second part, with the windows wide open, I hope you already got your house blessed.
Sabrina12993 (2 stories) (56 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-13)
Thank you so much for your thoughts and concerns.
I enjoy getting comments that will help me conquer my fear. ❤
Francois (220 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-15)
Greetings Sabrina,

A very interesting and scary story, I have to say. I believe you have a diabolical inhabbiting your house. I have heard that diabolicals/demons tend to isolate a victim and create chaos in a family. There are ways to drive the demon away from your house. You can have your house blessed, you could contact a certain Christian Church for guidance in the matter in order to perform a cleansing or exorcism of the house (I recommend the Catholic Church or Anglican Church, they are one of the few Christian Churches with a great history in cleansing and exorcisms). I also recommend you springkle Holy water whilst reading the Chaplet of St. Michael around the four corners of the room. Or you can also contact your local parish priest and talk to him about the subject. I hope you will choose one of the options I have given, demons are powerful entities keep in mind. God bless you Sabrina and take care, I will pray for you. Deus Vobiscum.

Sincerely,

Francois
sweet_girl (18 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-01)
Hi Sabrina,
I am posting comment on this website for the first time. Believe me, your story gave me creeps. I was just imagining your situation and the thought terrified me. I will just wish you luck that the ghost leaves you alone. 😨

May God bless you. Thanks for posting such a nice story.😊
Sabrina12993 (2 stories) (56 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-04)
Please help, it means alot... I Need to know a lot more, It's scary.
And I would greatly appreciate it. ❤
LoveforHope0226 (5 stories) (16 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-29)
I know a thing or two about ghosts and demonic things, and I think this might help. NEVER, EVER tempt it to show you something like move something. But I think you might know that. But the second thing is that don't be scared, demons feed on people's fear. And there's some other things I can tell you, but the most IMPORTANT thing is NEVER taunt it. If you need to know anything else, please tell me on here, ok? I'd love to help you. XOXO Rachel XOXO
Sabrina12993 (2 stories) (56 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-20)
Aw thank you ❤
That means a lot.
Yes, my experience was very scary for me, I still have episodes with this ghost.
You think its gone but just when you think everything's okay, he comes to visit. 😢
contessa (5 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-20)
Hey!

Your story is sooo scary! So far its the most scary story I read on this website. I think you are a very brave person because if I was in your place I would faint. I had felt the presence of ghosts already but I never saw one yet. So I'm still lucky. If I were you I would never get in your room ever again. The other people who commented are right. Just pray!

TOMORROW IS ANOTHER DAY, AND WE SHALL THEN FACE TOMORROW'S TROUBLES. WE NEED NOT TO WORRY; EVERYTHING IS IN GOD'S HANDS. HE WILL ALLOW ONLY HIS WILL TO BE ACCOMPLISHED, AND THIS IS ALWAYS FOR OUR GOOD.

I hope that will help! I'm sure it's not GOD's will for you to be afraid. Lol

❤ contessa
Sabrina12993 (2 stories) (56 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-19)
Thank you so much for helping me with my fears.
I am 15 years old and still affraid of the dark, that's not something a lot of people like to share on the internet, but because of the support I feel like you guys would help me, rather than laugh.
lookout95 (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-18)
hey sabrina =]

I have some advice;; If you firmly believe in religion, pray, pray, pray. I rely on God for everything. But I signed up to help people get through their fear, and I hope we can be friends 😁.
Good Luck
❤ Bridgggee
Sabrina12993 (2 stories) (56 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-20)
It's Nice to Know someones dealing with kind of the same problem as me. It can be terrifying at times. But yay I found someone my age 😁
You kind of get the idea of what I'm going through. Your ghost encounters seem a little scarier than mine, you have a noisy boogeyman, mines pretty quiet at times, and he likes to visit me at night 😕...pretty scary. Let me know how your doing every now and then. ❤
brittany81992 (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-15)
hey sabrina:]
i'm 15 and I just signed up tonight for this website. My room isn't AS haunted as yours, but I'll get to that in a second... My best advice to you is to keep praying and DEFINATELY go to church alot. I am a very strong christian and hopefully you being religious will help it(whatever IT is lol) stay away. If it IS something demonic-which it sounds like-it will hate the fact that you love God and probably will leave you alone:]anyways,as I mentioned earlier, my room is haunted(mostly my closet)...it gives me the chills just thinking about it!i've lived in this house for 5 years now. This isn't an old house either, it was built somewhere in the mid 70's.there's this particular figure that walks out the office door, across the hall, into my room, and turns into the closet. I don't have a big walk-in closet, but it does have an attic entrance(which I went into a couple times long ago). I don't hear footsteps that often, but I'll hear muffled whispering of a woman's voice in my closet and the doors of it will creak. My closet doors are just white wooden-like sliding panels that are constantly falling off the track it slides on. What I find odd is that no matter how many times I try to fix the doors so they aren't propped open, I wake up with them partially opened! Several times I'll be laying in bed about to fall asleep and I'll hear a huge bang in my closet and something will fall.now,my closet floor is kind of messy, so I wouldn't be able to tell WHAT fell, but it sure is startling! Even if nothing falls, my closet makes loud noises at LEAST 3 times a day!Also, I have this clock my mom made when she was a teen with a silver twisty-tie wound around a spool as the hands. When I wake up they'll be in different spots. I have no brothers or sisters and my parents' room is at the other end of the house. My family is very intuitive and can see and hear some things others can't,but this entity in my room is drawn to me particularly and I can't figure out what it wants! So if you or anyone here can help with that aspect,it'd be much appreciated! Thank you and good luck with your "boogeyman"!e-mail me if you want to.
❤ brittany ❤
Sabrina12993 (2 stories) (56 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-20)
My Dog makes me feel happy 😳
Thats why I make him sleep with me at times ❤ I love my dog so much. He comforts me.
lewisstevens1 (7 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-20)
Well I'm Nice =) And I think Whitewarrior should know as whitewarrior knows all... Any way... Anythings worth a try and its ok to be scared, just try and find someone who makes you feel happy inside
Sabrina12993 (2 stories) (56 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-18)
I tried video taping my room at night, I tried my best to stay up in my living room but I somehow dozed off. And when I woke back up around 5 in the morning... I go back up to my room only to find my video camera missing. I STILL can't find it. Whatever is in my room does not want me to see what I had recorded. Sounds weird. I need to find it because the video camera belongs to my dad, and I had no permission to use it.
whitewarrior (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-16)
"The Demons Are Supposed To Be Forces Which As Their Pain Gives Out The Energy Which Might Make You Think The Same As Them To Try And Share Their Pain, Just Try And Find Out What Happened To Them And Like Just Feel How They Would Have Felt To Die"

I strongly advise against this... It sounds like a fast track to entity attachment trying to bond with it like this. You don't need to feel and experience their pain any more than you have, you just want it to go to the light and leave you to your life

"And With Touching Them, Just Try Put Your Hands Where Your Eyes Thinks They Are To Show That Its Nothing Real..."

They are real... They may not be physically tangible... So doing this proves nothing whatsoever, and will probably just anger or amuse it...
Sabrina12993 (2 stories) (56 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-16)
Of Course you can be my friend... Anyone can be my friend. I'm here not only to share my stories but to make new friends also ❤
lewisstevens1 (7 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-12)
Yeah "3) It is very possible that this creature has no real malicious intent towards you, chances are its a sad, angry, pained creature caught up in a cycle its divine self does not want to be in. Bottom line is IT probably is in a lot more pain than you are. More than fear and hate, it needs love, pity and guidance..."

The Demons Are Supposed To Be Forces Which As Their Pain Gives Out The Energy Which Might Make You Think The Same As Them To Try And Share Their Pain, Just Try And Find Out What Happened To Them And Like Just Feel How They Would Have Felt To Die,

And With Touching Them, Just Try Put Your Hands Where Your Eyes Thinks They Are To Show That Its Nothing Real.

Any BTW can I be your freind? 😊 just like an online freind type freind lol

and whitewarrior, that seems a bit strange lol =)

thnx

a loving person

lewis stevens

16

Taunton
Somerset
England
whitewarrior (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-12)
Oh yeah, I don't know if you have used Ouija boards, or attempted to invoke, or summon anything at all, or if you have performed spells you found in some witchcraft book or anything like that. Your handle is sabrina so I thought you might fancy yourself as a bit of a witch, maybe you have never practised anything but have left yourself open through curiousity in the sexiness of darkness, I don't know. But these are all good avenues to throw open doors for dark entities to get into your life, especially séances and Ouija boards. As I'm sure your aware magick and the occult is serious stuff and no party game like people who sell Ouija boards would make out.

Maybe your case is something different, but I would venture a lot of this kind of experience comes through unwise and uneducated decisions and actions made by the victim

I have a few theories on why this entity might be there based on the phenomena you have experienced, but like I said before they are basically irrelevant to you, let higher powers deal with it.

Light and Love
whitewarrior (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-12)
I have read some of the comments posted here aimed at helping you, and while they are all well meaning, most of them aren't very helpful.

Let’s start with a few facts
1) The divine does not give you more in a day than you can handle, there is something positive and/or necessary going to come out of this for you, there are no mistakes in this world, so be at peace (as much as you can)
2) Demons don’t exist in the way people think they do, they are not creatures of utter darkness, there is NO creature in this universe without a little bit of divine energy inside them. God made this world, and darkness wasn't something that happened to slip in without his notice, HE MADE IT! So know that this creature, no matter how fearsome, is divine in some way
3) It is very possible that this creature has no real malicious intent towards you, chances are its a sad, angry, pained creature caught up in a cycle its divine self does not want to be in. Bottom line is IT probably is in a lot more pain than you are. More than fear and hate, it needs love, pity and guidance.
4) Every human being has guides and guardian angels; every human has access to god and ascended masters. Instead of trying to directly interact with this creature, learn to interact with your guides (don’t practise this where the darkness resides) and ask them to interact with this creature and persuade it to move on, for the higher good of both you and it

Things like turning crucifixes upside down doesn't mean anything, its just a party trick aimed at scaring you into thinking its some powerful demon, in fact crucifixes don’t mean anything unless you have faith in them so unless you do, don’t waste your time, it might hate crucifixes... Call Jesus, or Buddha, or Yogananda, or Sai Baba, or Mary or other ascended masters, or Archangel Michael, or your guides, or all of them! And ask for them to assist you. It can be more powerful than calling out to god himself as god is a lot more abstract to most of us than other humans that have ascended and angels and guides. Research sources of the light that can assist you

As for why it is in your room, perhaps something happened there that it cannot escape from or it is still tied too, remember, it’s a spiritual entity trapping itself by something in this physical plane that keeps it moving on. Ultimately the reasons don't really matter, and interacting with it to try and find reasons isn't especially wise. You just want it gone with minimal fuss; you will also be doing it a service. So let your god given guardians’ deal with the problem, and simply work on connecting with them

Blessed Be
😊
Ssunstorm (5 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-12)
Hi Sabrina. People have given you some great advice! I'm not knowledgeable in any way about cleansing and ridding your home of entities, but I know I'd be just as scared as you say you are. If something like this happened to me, I would have started to sob, especially after seeing a figure. It would take a while for me to get rid of that fear, or conquer it to a point where I could stand up to whatever it is. I would refuse to sleep in that room, moving my butt to the living room couch for the nights. Kudos to you for what you've done so far! Are things any better now? Btw, I think I read somewhere else (a comment you made) about something in your basement. I was curious about it so I followed your name to your story. Does that mean you found out the history of your house?
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-11)
Hello Sabrina,
Thanks for sharing your story, that is the first step in facing your problem. It makes you feel less isolated when you can share your experiences and feelings with people that don`t think you`re crazy or craving attention. There is nothing that I can add that hasn`t already be said by others so I will close by saying God bless you and I will be praying for you.

Be Safe and God Bless ❤
Sabrina12993 (2 stories) (56 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-11)
Thank you for your advice 😉
But how in the world am I going to touch this thing. Its hard to see it, and for one I'm the worst person to ever come in contact with a ghost. I get so scared. Its something I can't help. 😕
lewisstevens1 (7 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-11)
4. Interaction:- try interacting with it, find out what it wants and why its still here, also try and guide it by saying that you are dead and try to pursuade it to leave and move on.

Try And Touch It, if you physically interact with it you might be able to mentally overcome what your brain proceives is there by sight.

your brain only really works by sences, negitive energy can make it conjure up weird images which you might have never seen, your brain holds more data that you can remeber.

If You Have A Boyfreind Try Staying In The Room With Him All Night, Love Or A Freindship Bond Should Help You Out.

Thanks For Reading Please Let Me Know Of Any Feedback Or Comments on lewisstevens1 [at] aol.com

lv lewisstevens

UK
England
Somerset
Taunton
lewisstevens1 (7 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-11)
As For "black hooded figure in my closet" that could also work, with all the others, he could of either been trying to murder the person on the bed, rape them, or try and save them somehow. As For The Cross And The Demonic Creature, there's someways that have been proved usefull to other people which has also been published into books, it might not help but it could and anythings worth a try.

1. Salt and Iron Filings:- Most Commenly Used As For Salt Is Ment To Ward Off Bad Spirits Whereas Iron Fillings Are Ment To Keep Them Stay Away As Some Are Ment To Give Out A Negitive Energy Which Iron Is Ment To Attract All That Energy From It Into Them.

2. Silver:- Some People Use To Ward Off The Evil Souls Of Warewolves, Try Wearing Like A Pure Silver Bracelet Or Somthing Close.

3. Positive Thoughts:- Just Think Possitive, If They Are "Demonic" they torment you with your own freight of them.

Good Thoughts can also help mentally as if it was just "nothing" or "negitive energy" which can be brought on with someone dying in the area, staying possitive and thinking its not real can help you overcome it.
lewisstevens1 (7 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-11)
It Could Also Be Caused By For Instance, The House Was On Fire And They Had To Evacuate The Building And They Couldnt Wake Up The Person They Were Trying To Rescue And When They Got To The Door It Was Blocked.

Theres Alot Of Possibilities and you can try working from them with your research on the house.
lewisstevens1 (7 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-11)
Hello Sabrina! 😳 The Given Information Has Been Processed And We Have Came Up With Some Reasons, Some May Apply Some May Not, But This Is Just To Try And Help As I Like You:

1..."my bed shakes violently" This Paranormal Phenominom Might Be From A Cause Of Death Or Event In That Room From A Previous Owner, Could Be From When The House Was First Built! It Could Be Caused By An Event Like:

Some People Were Involved In Sexual Activity But One Does Not Want To Participate, So Other Holds Them Down, When They Try And Escape, The Exit Is Closed, Thus Decresing Their Chances Of Escaping.

One Person What Trying To Murder The Other one In The Bed, When They Try Run Away They Have The Door Shut So They Cannot Escape
markco45 (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-08)
A good answer to getting rid of negative engery is to burn some sage. Go buy some regular sage spice at the grocery store. Heat up a frying pan and then dump some in there. Smoke will start to form. Once it gets real smokey, take the frying pan around the house (especially your room) and bring the smoke to every room, closet, and area you can. Then open the windows to let the negative energy out. I have done this and it works very well. I had my dog growling at my closet for 6 months straight every night. After I burned the sage, my dog did not growl anymore. This is just one example I have. Good luck.

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: