You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Our Newly Built House

Real Ghost Stories

Our Newly Built House

 

My family moved here last 2014. Our new house is located in an exclusive subdivision. It is newly built, designed by my brother. It has a garage that can fit 2 vehicles. On the first floor, there are 2 rooms, my parent's room and the maid's quarter. We also have a driver's room but it's outside the house. We also have a basement. There are 4 rooms on the 2nd floor, my brother's room with his wife and 2 children. The 2 other rooms are my 3 other brothers' room. Then there's our room (me and my Husband). Before you can reach my room, you have to pass on the dim hallway, before reaching the door of my room, on the right side is the stairs leading to the attic, and on the left side is the bathroom of my brothers. First and second floors have a concrete floor, then wooden floor on the attic. My mom decided that my brothers bathroom should be located outside their room because my mom cleans it. I have my own walk in closet and bathroom in my room. The reason why I'm telling you the details of our house is to show you that it is modernly designed, we didn't have to demolish an old house and it is built on an old farm that was then developed to an exclusive subdivision, So I don't think that a strong entity can manifest at home. But then, we all make incorrect assumptions.

I don't usually stay at home during weekend, but this one particular weekend I decided to stay home because I have to clean my room and remove other clothes that I no longer wear. I was left at home with my older brother and his family. By lunch time I heard them chatting, I went outside my room and saw them leaving. My brother told me that they're going on a grocery shopping for me to cook for lunch. So I was left alone at home. I went downstairs and prepared other ingredients and cooked rice (ASIAN YES!). Then I heard footsteps on a wooden floor, like walking up and down the stairs. So I checked our attic, thinking that maybe one of my brothers is still at home. I went upstairs, walked past the hallway and up the attic. Nope. No one. I checked every room. No sign of living human. Of course I'm scared, but I was not thinking that it was a ghost or something. I'm scared that someone might be inside our house and try to rob us. Out attic has a huge window and I was thinking that the robbers may have used that window to go inside our house. But nope, windows are locked. That was the time I felt uneasy, but I was alone. I called my husband since he is not at home and told him what had happened. He told me to play loud music so that it won't be so quiet at home, so I did. Then I heard the pick up truck of my bother arriving. I went downstairs and opened the front door. I never told them what happened.

I cooked our lunch (it was 2pm) and I prepped my food and went in my room because I was watching TV. After about 15 minutes, I heard my brother calling me (yelling). Ana! (Not my real name) Ana!.

"Yes?"

"Kumain kana? (Did you eat already)?" he looked surprised.

Me, "Oo, andito ako sa kwarto kumakain. Akala ko kasi sabay na kayo jan ni Joy (not her real name, his wife) sa kwarto eh" (I thought you and Joy will eat together in your room)

Him "ah ok"

After 10 mins, I went downstairs to wash my dishes, then I saw my brother eating alone. Then he told me that the reason why he was calling me earlier was not because he wanted to check if I already ate my lunch, he told me that he was hearing someone from our kitchen like that someone is preparing his food / eating because he heard clanging of the utensils and ceramic plates that's why he was surprised when he saw me in my room when he called. I then told him about what happened when I was alone earlier after they left. He then asked me to stay until he finishes his lunch. Then we checked all the doors and windows if they're locked, yep they're locked. Then we went upstairs and into our separate rooms.

I'm still thinking of getting the house blessed again. Because we had it blessed by a priest about 2 days after we moved in. But the spirits have not harmed us, and they don't seem harmful. Suggestions from YGS are really helpful. And I want to know what kind of entities does this manifestations, their history or if they have a brutal past. But why in our house?

Other hauntings by The_Banker

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, The_Banker, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

The_Banker (5 stories) (16 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-02-10)
Oh... Sorry for misunderstanding. I've read the Stone tape. Will update YGS for more happenings.
BrokenTree (76 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-02-10)
The Banker
That is what I meant by residual. Please look up the Stone Tape Theory and it will be explained better. The noises are an echo of when someone walked across the floor. The noises in the kitchen are the same. Remember to keep a journal as it helps.
The_Banker (5 stories) (16 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-02-09)
Hi Brokentree, it would be a relief for me if the noise was caused by my family, but the noise was made when I was alone in the house. (when I mentioned that I heard footsteps on a woodenfloor)
BrokenTree (76 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-02-09)
I am not trying to make light of your story but to me it sounds like it is residual. This is also called the Stone Tape Theory. The sounds you are hearing are being caused by your family. It could be the way the house is constructed along with atmospheric conditions at the time. Mine is only one opinion but I would suggest that you keep a journal noting what you hear, where you hear it, the time and the weather. If it escalates please let us know. There are others on this site that can suggest ways to protect yourself.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: