You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Ghost in the Cabin at Phantom Ranch

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost in the Cabin at Phantom Ranch

 

I know this story may sound weird to you. About two years ago, I went to my second year of church winter camp. We get there and settle into are cabin. Then the heat brakes. We had to repack everything. We moved into a cabin right next to the woods!

It was really dark out and looked scary at the camp. Just so you know the camp's name is Phantom Ranch. The name just scares the creep out of me. We were walking to night chapel (chapel is like church). My friend sees foot prints leading right into the woods! She didn't say anything. We got back to chapel. She noticed that the foot prints were gone. She still didn't say anything.

That night when we went to bed, I heard something knocking on the window. Then I heard what sounded like someone hammering on the side of the cabin. And just so you know it was at least 1:00 in the morning, so I don't think it could of been the boys trying to scare us. The boys cabin was up a huge hill. And they were probably sleeping.

Then all of a sudden I heard the door open and close. I look over to the door and see nothing. I was totally freaked out now! I knew it couldn't have been the boys because I would've seen them outside when the door opened. I thought it opened. It didn't. I just heard the noise.

At this point, I didn't know if I was the only one hearing the noise or if other people were too! I finally fell asleep. When I woke up, my friend that saw the foot prints asked me if I heard anything last night. I said that I did! Then she told me that she saw foot prints last night. And when we came back from the chapel, they were gone. And the weird thing is that it didn't snow that night at all. The next night the same thing happened.

The next year, the boys had that cabin. We asked them if they had heard anything like knocking on the windows or doors opening. They said they had. So if you think you know what it might be in the cabin, then tell me. And I want to tell you I don't go to that camp anymore.

Other hauntings by ghostlovr

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Illinois

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ghostlovr, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

km100 (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-16)
what cabin was it? I have been going to that camp for nine years and I think I would have heard about something like this.
ginakim210 (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-21)
Hey ghostlovr I noticed you posted on my story several months ago. Don't call my friends and me "stupid." We were 12 years old at the time. So before you go around using defamatory terms on people you haven't even met before, I suggest you stop. And if you're so skeptical, why ask so many questions? And why would we tell our counselor we went in? WE SNUCK OUT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT FOR A REASON. So that we WOULDN'T be found out! Do you not GET it? Since we didn't say anything to anybody and kept it to ourselves, we DIDN'T get sent home! Geez.

And you said I was the stupidest person in the world?
ghostluver1523 (22 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-25)
i know most of you think this was my imaganation but I know its not becasue my friends heard the samething and saw the things I did and I do have to say the caben was freaky looking to it look like something that would be in a horror movie and it was also freezing cold
ghostlovr (2 stories) (54 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-06)
I'm sad to say that the pictures that I had where no help to show you what happened at the camp. I was reaslly disapponted. And I don't even know how to put pictures on the internet. Sorry bye
jaque (2 stories) (11 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-12-17)
I think that sometimes out imaginations get the best of us. It could be true though. I am not saying that your story isn't true I am just saying that a lot of people can find excuses for why those things happened. It is a very interesting experience though.
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-14)
OK whitebuffalo, I think I have it figured out now but I am REAL slow in chatrooms.

FRAWIN 😊
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-14)
whitebuffalo I doubt if I can be of much help, I can`t figure out how it works, I`m just not chat room sauvy.

FRAWIN 😕
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-14)
FRAWIN, If you are still here, could you help out in the chat room please?
zahowy (5 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-05)
i would have been freaked out if that happened to me but I would have told someone so hope that doesn't happen again at that camp

"death is as painful as you make it"
Qtgrly111 (2 stories) (58 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-04)
Ok I think I might know a little about this...
because the same thing happens over and over it is probably a Residual Haunting, this is like a record player like a ghost is stuck doing the same thing time and time, in the same place and at the same time. A ghost that is in a residual haunting can not hurt anyone, so if you go back don't be alarmed this ghost will not hurt you.
ghostlovr (2 stories) (54 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-01)
i still don't think that it was the boys because if it was them than the next yer they wouldn't of heard the same thing we did
whitebuffalo (guest)
+1
16 years ago (2007-11-30)
I tell you what Hun. When I was of the age to go to camp, I was a huge prankster. I would crawl up to the door of cabins and swing the screens open. From the ground, at night, I was not easily detected. As a counselor I also played pranks on the campers (and the other counselors, too). That is all a part of camp. As for the footprints, as I do not know how long chapel lasted (ours was between two and three hours, depending on whether we had a guest speaker or not), footprints do begin to blend in, or night falls, or you forget the exact location of the footprints. I am not saying that you did not feel, witness, or live through any of these experiences. I do not mean to offend you in the least, however, camp is a breeding pool of ghostly visits. A cabin full of youngsters and heads full of imagination... Do you see why this is a bit difficult for us to say it IS a paranormal incident?
ghostlovr (2 stories) (54 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-30)
I do have pictures but I don't know if any of them have anything in them. Like I said it was about two years ago and I haven'y looked at the pictures reaclently and I'm looking at them rigth now
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-11-30)
I hate to discredit your story or be so sketical and critical. However, you may not believe that the boys were not involved but "boys will be boys" especially at camp when it comes to scaring the girls. Secondly, you never mentioned your friends witnessing anything, well except for the footsteps leading into the woods which could have been anybody. Thirdly, I think that YOU SHOULD submit the pictures. Why wouldn't you? Unless you weren't telling the truth or did not have the picstures. I'm sorry if I sound so harsh but I have to go with my gut feeling. I'm also sorry if I offended you. ~Shelby ❤ 😊
ghostlovr (2 stories) (54 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-29)
Thanks for your comments. I do want to tell you that I was not dreaming. And if I was how could my friends know what I was talking about. They said they heard it to! Anyways I didn't even know that there was a show called Friday the 13. Also the name of the camp was Phantom Ranch. Anr churches name is Living Hope Chruch. And are church didn't own the camp we just go there. And yes the camp is in Wisconsin. I don't know what city though. But I do know that the boy's caben didn't do it. Because the next year they heard the samething in the caben that I had the year before. I have pictures to from that camp maby I'll put them on here. I hope I answerd all of you qustions. When I get the location of the camp I'll tell you bye



~~Amy~~
Karyn (1 stories) (63 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-11-29)
I am in agreement with most everyone else with this one. 😕 Same thoughts as everyone else. Also, judging by the spelling and lack of punctuation of your story, I would guess you are barely a teenager who maybe suffers from, "drama syndrome". Sorry if this sounds harsh, I just have a real problem with posers when it comes to this board.
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-29)
Hi ghostlovr. I am also a little skeptical of this story. This story screams typical campfire story. You were the one who experienced it though. Personally, I think that it was the boys messing around with you girls. Boys are infamous for that. Thanks for sharing your story. ~Shelby ❤ 😊
bossymiss (1 stories) (30 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-29)
hey scary story like mine I wouldn't of liked to have been in that cabin bye ❤ 😊 😉
BabyBoo (4 stories) (25 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-11-29)
gostlovr is this the Phantom Ranch Bible Camp in Mukwonago, Wisconsin? I believe you heard the knocking, etc but given the camp setting I also have to wonder at the source. I think that a cabin full of girls just would be too tempting a target for a cabin full of boys even at 1 am! Then again if you heard nothing the next year when you were in a different cabin that makes me wonder if there could be a more paranormal explanation. Did you ever hear of anything else weird happening there? BabyBoo
Ramzey (9 stories) (130 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-11-29)
Guess it's one of those things... You gotta see it to believe it... 🤔 Or was you dreaming, perhaps?
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-11-29)
hmmmmmm, awkward name for a church camp, don't you think? Not saying it didn't happen, just... Where is this camp located?

God Bless!
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-29)
Hi ghostlovr. Well I to haven't heard of a church with that kind of name. Most churches are named after the saints. Well I'm not so sure about this butt it still maybe true. Lets hope you give us some more information. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
+2
16 years ago (2007-11-29)
ghostlovr, you didn't happen to watch Friday the 13th before you went to camp, did you? What kind of church has a camp called Phantom Ranch? Sorry, a little sarcasm there. This just sounds, well, campy. A little too much like something you might tell at a sleep-over or around a camp fire.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: