You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: That Cheerful Voice

Real Ghost Stories

That Cheerful Voice

 

Despite being raised to be rational, I choose to become a believer since I've been experiencing many things since small and of course, I don't have anybody to share my experiences since my father is extremely skeptic and my mother is somehow 50:50, but she always act like she's doesn't care.

This is my first story. My family moved to Jakarta in 1995 and rent a small house in a suburban area. Back then, the area where we live were still under development so there are a lot of empty spaces and it's very quiet there.

The small house was nice; we got a small garden with a big tree grown in the middle which gave us a nice shade and a small terrace. We live peacefully there until the day I got my first experience.

I love to play in the living room. I always play there alone. One day, I was playing with my toys when suddenly I heard an adult female voice calling me. The voice was so clear and with a cheerful tone. I stopped playing and focusing my ears because I thought it was my mother or my aunt had called me. But the voice only called me once time so I peeked out the window to checked if there any of my neighbors had come to visit, but I found nobody outside. I went to find my mother and my aunt to ask if they had called me but they said no. I was confused but then I dismissed it away and continue playing. The rest of the day went without further incident.

After the first occurrence, the voice began to call me often with the same cheerful tone and as usual it called me one time only. Of course I was very curious about it but I don't have any courage to find out what it was because I got a strong feeling that forbid me to answer it back.

One evening, I was playing outside. Suddenly I heard the voice calling me again. This time it called me twice! The first call did gained my attention but then the second call makes me shiver because I realize it comes from the above the tree! All of the sudden I got this odd feeling. It was like a combination of fear and uneasiness swirling around me. I jolt up and ran to my aunt, crying. I told my aunt about everything but she was only said "hmm" then instead she asked me to take a nap...

When my parents got home, I retell my experiences but they said it was only my imagination.

Even after the last incident, the voice keeps calling me but then little by little I began to used to it, I just ignored it away. Sometimes the voice called me even when I was not alone and of course only me who could hear it.

One particular afternoon, I vividly remember a sudden change with my mother towards my stories. She asked me to go with her to grab some groceries, which of course I said yes. While waiting for my mother to finished her makeup, I played at the living room when the voice began calling my name again. I ignore it and quickly went to the bedroom to be with my mother. I'm still afraid of course...

My mother asked why, then I said that the voice called me again. This time she stopped doing her business and stare me deeply. She then asked me if I ever saw something rather than only hearing it, I said no, and then she asked again if I ever tried to answer it back, I said no again. She looks relieved. Then she said to me to never answer it back. From her expression, I realized that she knew something. Maybe she was hearing it too? Or maybe she had seen something? I don't know but she always refused to tell me what had happened until now.

Years passed. The voice still persists but yeah I ignored it. The good thing is that "thing" only calls my name but never showed itself to me. We moved to a new house 3 years later while that small house was then sold and torn down.

Since moving away, the voice stopped. I never hear someone calls my name again. Which is great! Sadly our second home was having more activity...I'll tell you later.

-----------------

Thank you for reading, sorry if there any mistake on my grammar.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, MangoMango, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

MangoMango (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-03-01)
[at] radish54, no it wasn't, actually I don't remember what kind of tree is that and about my username, it's just because I like mango:)

[at] midnight_flower & Randym, I think so, now I keep wondering what she want from me...

[at] veilofdarkness, this kind of warning is very common here, my grandma told me if we answer it back, we give them sign that we are listening to them and they will possibly attached to us that leads to possesion and bad lucks as they tried to feed our energy: (
veilofdarkness (8 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-02-27)
I'm curious if anyone knows of a superstition/folklore that warns against answering when hearing your name called by an unknown source? Mangomango, has your Mother ever elaborated as to why it would be so important to never answer? What would supposedly happen to the person? Very fascinating, thank you for your post.
radish54 (1 stories) (51 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-02-26)
So I have to ask, because of your member name and some of the comments from Filipino posters; was the tree a Mango tree?
Midnight_Flower (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-02-26)
You mentioned hearing the voice come from the tree. Maybe it was attached to it or that is somewhere it liked to be.
RANDYM (2 stories) (266 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-02-25)
Mangomango,

Welcome to YGS and thank you for sharing.

It sounds like whoever this was that they were attached to the location since you haven't heard it since moving away.

Please do share more about your new location as we all are here to listen in a non judgmental way.

Have a great day
Randy

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: