You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: "hello"

Real Ghost Stories

"hello"

 

My parents currently live in a 100-year-old farmhouse, just outside of Clinton, Arkansas. We've had countless experiences through the years, but the one that I'd like to share, happened late one night when we had company. A friend of mine was visiting with his baby brother, who was just starting to walk, and could only make out a few certain syllables.

We were watching a movie in my bedroom, and from where we were sitting I could see out my bedroom door onto the utility room. There was a load of clothes in the dryer, I remember because that's what drew my attention to what happened next. My friends little brother had taken it upon himself to explore, the movie didn't seem to interest him.

After a few minutes I heard, "Hello!" When I looked up I saw Eli standing in the open doorway... Okay, to understand what I was seeing, I was staring out the bedroom door, the only light coming from the television. The light from the TV reflected onto the dryer. There was something 3' tall standing right in front of Eli. It was a solid black shadowy mass that was bobbing back and forth in front of him. I was frozen.

Eli reached out his hand, which immediately vanished. It was as if this black mass grabbed his hand, and was shaking it, because it did the motion and everything. I quickly reached for the chain to turn the light on. My eyes were still fixated on the mass, as I turned on the light, and yet, as I did there was nothing there. I was frightened to the point of tears. My friend had no idea what was going on. I told him what had happened.

My parents came back to check on us after hearing the commotion, when something even more strange occurred. We were standing on the utility room telling them what had happened, when I saw a very odd light over the closet door, it was shaped like a crescent moon with a star near one end of it. I could see it clear as day, but no one else could see it. I watched this light move around the room, vanishing and reappearing a couple of times, in each corner. I'm very familiar with how headlights from passing cars bounce off of things, but this was a small, prominent, distinct light, with shape and clarity. I've never seen anything like it before.

I've experienced a lot of weird things in 26 years, and that house continues to impress.

Other hauntings by Truthfinder25

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Arkansas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Truthfinder25, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-03-03)
That's lovely! Perhaps it was the spirit of a child who wanted to make a friend. Maybe the little brother had an 'imaginary' friend growing up. The description of the moon and star orb combined with the pint sized spirit reminds me of the Dreamworks logo.

Sorry to ramble!
KikiGirl (8 stories) (207 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-03-02)
Truthfinder25, thanks for sharing this experience! It sounds so freaky and baffling!

I understand why some members asked if the 'star' that you saw wasn't maybe, an orb? Especially, where ghosts or spirits have been active, it is likely to catch an orb or orbs in the area.

Definitely, an impressive account! I wonder if, as his little Brother grew up, he retained his psychic gifts?
roylynx (guest)
 
7 years ago (2017-03-02)
Hmm... Is it an orb? Was the black mass big? Was it like floating around like it had a life? Is it like a person? Man, I have got loads of queations...

Love from São Paulo
E.Lynx
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-03-02)
Truthfinder25- Hello fellow Arkie! Know the town of Clinton quite well. I actually lived in Mt View with someone with family that lives in Clinton.

Great story and well written. Must have been startling to have seen that 😲

Somehow I might have missed your first story. Headed over there.

Thanks for sharing... Woo Pig 😊
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-03-02)
Well excuse me while I just add this to faves! 😆

Jeez Louise! Do any of you remember feeling cold spots, and does he remember touching the shadowy apparition, did he see the same stuff you did? He might have been too young to communicate anything at the time, but he might have seen that odd light stuff as well.

Thanks for sharing Truthfinder, I enjoyed your other submission too.
Argette (guest)
+1
7 years ago (2017-03-02)
I'm with Willow and Enlightened. I want to know more about the house!

Truthfinder - gotta love the name, we need more of you - what were the other experiences?
Enlightened1959 (8 stories) (118 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-03-01)
Hello Truthfinder,

So how tall was this black mass? This sounds like an entity that was doing some shape shifting... Odd, very odd. I'm curious to hear what else you have experienced in this house.

Respectfully,
Enlightened
willow12 (2 stories) (10 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-03-01)
Wow interesting. Have you ever looked into the history of the house. I would want to know more

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: