You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Liverpool Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

The Liverpool Ghost

 

I am a 50 year old female. This is my first story.

For 6 years from 1989 to 1995 I lived in a housing commission unit in Liverpool Sydney, with my daughter aged 2 - 8, single mother. During these 6 years many "ghosty" things happened. I will try to be brief with each of them.

I had many occurrences of things "disappearing", only to find them somewhere strange, the following day usually. I started thinking there is a ghost in this unit, so one day when searching for my cigarette lighter, which was not where it should be, I said out aloud "come on this isn't funny, I need this now please". I turned around and it was on the kitchen bench, right behind me, in plain view, it had not been there before.

Months later, I was at my neighbor's place, their unit front door was directly opposite mine, and we were top floor, so you only came up the steps to there if you were coming to my place or theirs. We both had our front doors open, and I was in their lounge room having coffee with them. Then they had to leave, so one of them and me went to the front door, the other went to get her bag from the bedroom. The lady at the front door, standing next to me, had her front door key in her hand, and she dropped it. She could not see it anywhere, and we were both on hands and knees looking for it, the 2nd neighbor came out and helped to look for it too. It was nowhere to be seen. I suddenly had a flash of a thought through my head, "it is on my kitchen bench". So I said to my neighbor's, "come with me", and they followed me into my unit, to the kitchen bench, and there was a single key on the bench. I asked them if this is their key, and it was.

Later they told me that several times when they had been sitting on the lounge watching tv at night, the photo frame on the same table would fly off the table and land mid floor. It scared them a lot. I told them I have never been scared of this ghost, and you shouldn't be either. They told me that the lady who lived on the ground floor had been seriously slapped on the back while home alone one day. I figured he/she just didn't like her!

One evening, home alone, I was sick with severe stomach cramps, and laying on my side on the lounge in front of the tv. I felt two hands grab me very hard, on my hips (through the lounge) and squeeze. I jumped straight up as it scared me big time. Then I realized all my pains were gone, and I said out aloud "thank you".

One Saturday night I left my daughter at my parents and went to a night club with a girl friend, who then came and stayed the night at my place. We were sitting in the lounge room with the radio on. The radio was at the other end of the (large) lounge room. After a while, it seemed too loud, and just as a joke to scare my girlfriend I said out aloud "could you please turn that down for me", and the radio immediately turned down (a lot). My girlfriend freaked out, so to show her it was ok, I said please turn it up again, and it did. She never stayed over again.

I have more stories from living here, this is only some, and I have had many (maybe 20) experiences like this in my life. I will try to tell more in another post. Thank you for reading.

Other hauntings by luckdragon

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, luckdragon, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-03-18)
luckdragon

I too am going to add this to my favorites. I found it very amusing because the same thing happens to me all the time. My deceased father in-law was a prankster when he was alive and continues to do so in death. He will take something that I might have put down and when I get frustrated I will say dad put it back and I will find it somewhere else. 😆 He also likes to mess with my computers.

Please write more stories about the other ghosty things that happened while you were living there.

Ainhoa,why would anyone in luckdragons place lose their mind? I'm sure other members have experienced the same type of thing.

Regards
Red
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-03-15)
Greetings, luckdragon, and welcome to YGS.

While I cannot write this up as a separate narrative, as it didn't happen to me or to a family member, I do know of a case similar to yours. When I moved to the U.S., my high school chemistry teacher lived in a house bought or built by his grandfather; the house was haunted by a Union soldier from the Civil War. Whenever my teacher, an inveterate tinkerer and mechanic, couldn't find whatever electrical part, gear, or tool he needed in the clutter of the kitchen, breezeway/tool shed, or garage, he'd ask aloud, "Have you seen the ____? I need it to finish this project." He'd walk away to make a coffee, then return exactly to where he'd been standing; the item was always in the middle of a clear space on the workbench, where it should have been obvious to even the most cursory glance. I can't help feeling that the ghost liked him (he was a really kind guy) and didn't want him to get agitated.

This is a very positive addition to YGS, luckdragon; thanks for posting it.

Best,
Biblio.
luckdragon (3 stories) (8 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-03-12)
I would like to add this to my story, as it is not long enough for a story of its own.

During the time I lived in this Liverpool unit, some neighbours who had a pure white cat (and were not very nice to it) moved out. They literally threw the cat out the window of the first floor stairwell. The cat lived (and hid) in the gardens for a few months, before a local 14 year old attacked it and almost killed it. I had been feeding it all these months in the garden, and had gotten quite friendly with it (cat lover), and then the cat disappeared, I thought it was gone for good. One week later he reappeared at my front door (2nd floor unit), almost dead. I nursed him back to health and kept him.

This cat was also totally deaf.

He would often be standing up on his 2 back legs on my bed, facing the wall meowing very loudly. I always felt that this spirit would come and go through this point, and my cat would always greet him.
luckdragon (3 stories) (8 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-03-12)
radish54, how profound. As I was reading your comment I thought to myself "yes I know this was an adult male, around 40-50". And then your words "an adult male in life". You are correct.
radish54 (1 stories) (51 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-03-12)
I'm adding this to my favorites as well. Did you ever get any sense of who the ghost might have been, even in the most general sense? From the hard squeeze on the hips I get a sense that might have been an adult male in life. But I wondered if you had any inkling.
luckdragon (3 stories) (8 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-03-11)
Hi KikiGirl,
Thanks for commenting. I'm so happy you said you would add this to your favorite stories. I wasn't sure if anyone would even be interested. Occasionally I have told this story to people, and the reactions have always been of non interest generally speaking. So again, thank you, you have made my day!
Also, I say again, I am not a brave person, but I was so busy, if it didn't need fixing, leave it be, and thankfully this was a nice ghost.
KikiGirl (8 stories) (207 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-03-10)
luckdragon, thank-you for sharing your experiences! Firstly, I am adding your story to my favorites!

Well done for having the back-bone and receptive frame of mind to reach a settlement. It must have taken a lot of fortitude, steadfastness and courage to mitigate and keep up a harmonious relationship with the invisible tenant. Your story reminds us that not all spirits are bad, some are quite willing to work with you and cut you a break if you can do the same.
luckdragon (3 stories) (8 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-03-10)
Hi thanks for commenting.
Argette, you are so funny,, I never thought to give the ghost "chores", ha ha.
Ainhoa, I honestly am not a brave woman. This presence always felt "okay" to me, not scary, even almost kind (with a warped sense of humour). But believe me, I have had many scary experiences, to the point where I often pray to god that I will never see another ghost again, or my heart may give out. I do this when I sense something that scares me, which my Liverpool ghost never did.
Ainhoa (4 stories) (20 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-03-09)
My God, you are a brave woman! Anyone in your place would have lost the mind.
Argette (guest)
+1
7 years ago (2017-03-09)
Luckdragon, that is an amazing account, especially the key in your kitchen story.

And the radio volume element, well that makes me wonder if a ghost could be persuaded to assist with other essential housekeeping tasks...

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: