You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: 4am Cry

Real Ghost Stories

4am Cry

 

This experience of mine takes place when I was visiting a site at Paluan Occidental Mindoro here in the Philippines last March 8, 2017.

Going there wasn't a bother since I'm accompanied by one of our staff. Let's just call her R. To cut the story short,  we were entertained by the local officials and were given a place to stay for the night since we arrived there 6 in the afternoon. We stayed at a beach resthouse owned by one of the officials. The place was extremely beautiful.  The Spanish themed house with a beach front view just really gives you that relaxation feeling. Me and my companion shared the same room with a washroom and two beds (we're both female so it's ok).

After eating dinner and watching project chromite on my phone, I change my clothes, brushed my teeth and went straight to bed. My bed was facing the door to the wash room while my companion's bed was against the wall which was connected to the door to the living room. After 10 minutes or so, we turned the lights off and retire for the day.

It was maybe 4 in the morning when I was slightly awaken by R who opened the lights on the washroom. After 5 or 6 mins, she closed the lights on the washroom and returned to her bed. I shut my eyes close and returned to sleep. It was then 4:20 in the morning (I checked my phone during that time) when I was awaken again,  this time not by my companion,  but with a child's cry. My mind at that time was creating rational explanation for what I've just heard. I took my phone, open the flashlight application and pointed it towards R's bed coz that is were the cry is coming from. But there was no kid or or any child that would create that cry. I turned my back against her and forced myself to sleep again. It wasn't even 5 minutes since I closed my eyes when I heard the cry again. I was really scared out of my skin. I was really spooked at that time and if I could,  I would have already head for the door and run out of the room but my body was frozen out of fear at that time.

The next day,  we ate our breakfast like nothing had happened earlier. But I couldn't keep it to myself so I told R about what happened. She didn't believe me coz she said "di ko naman narinig yon" (I didn't hear anything).  After eating breakfast, we proceed to accomplish our main objective in that town. With the aid of the municipal engineer,  we head directly to the site. On the way he asked us if everything was ok on the resthouse. Then he added that most of their visitors who let them stay in there, complain about a child crying in the middle of the night. Upon hearing this,  I looked at R with the expression of "see I told you". I didn't bother to tell the engineer about my experience because of their warm hospitality towards us.

I will be sharing more from my travels within the Philippines about paranormal experiences. Thank you for reading my story.

Other hauntings by Zaruje

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Zaruje, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Anubis_return (22 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-04-20)
Zaruje: Don't you think that baby can be a baby of the owner who we say just had an unfortunate fate?
bluntforcetrauma (2 stories) (12 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-03-19)
Like they say, nothing like a baby crying at 4am in your room... When there's no baby in the house.
alexandrapr369 (2 stories) (16 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-03-19)
Hi there Zaruje!
This story reminds me of 2 things, but the 1st one I'm going to discuss is my crazy theory: the "cry" could been a cat. I know lame but hang with me; one time I was being a "rebellious teenager" and staying up late. Out of nowhere I hear a baby cry, and it was such a heartrending cry, it spooked me out so much like, how does a baby ends up outside so late in the night? Then the cat crossed through the window and I knew that was the source of the cry. To this day, if I haven't seen the frigging cat I would be sure there was a baby out my window. Now, for this theory to hold your friend must be a heavy sleeper and there should be a window (or some input from the outside world) near her since you're so sure the cry was near her. Anyway I'm not saying it was that but it could be! 😜

The other thing this reminds me (and the reason why I get so freaked out by babies cries) is a legend in Puerto Rico. In one of the towns there's walking bridge where supposedly you can hear a baby cry. In the legend, a drunken man was going through the bridge and heard the cry and of course, went down to find the baby and help him. Yes he found the baby and thought he might be hungry and gave him some of the bread he was carrying. He wets the bread a little, you know because no teeth, but he saw that the baby indeed had teeth... Fangs! And he threw the baby and ran away thinking it was the devil. And no one knows why you hear a cry... Maybe is some cats getting at it 😜 (my husband lived with cats all his life and he tells me that cats sound like that when they're at it 😜)

Well maybe I'm trying to not be spooked here, is all cats! Take care and thanks for sharing!
Zaruje (15 stories) (182 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-03-13)
Hellow razorback1984. Yes maybe she is a heavy sleeper. I can't blame her for being one cause it was a really tiring day after all. But anyways thanks for your comment
razorback1984 (5 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-03-13)
Very riveting story! Thank you for sharing. I agree with the theory of maybe only you were meant to hear the cry. That seems like the most logical explination unless your companion was that heavy of a sleeper! Haha
Zaruje (15 stories) (182 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-03-13)
Melda

Let's just say I'm doing this job to gain more experiences in the engineering profession. And I don't think I'm lucky hahaha. Yes they do get to send me to beautiful places but then again I have to face the reality that every place, beautiful or not, has some history of paranormal in it. Thanks for your comment
Zaruje (15 stories) (182 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-03-13)
Tweed

Thanks for your comment. There were other rooms in that resthouse who were also being occupied by other people like the mayor's bodyguards. Me and my companion are the only people using the guest room. I think most of the people there, including the caretaker, knows something weird was going on inside that room but didn't bother to tell us so that maybe we won't get scared. But anyways thanks for reading my story.
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-03-12)
Zaruje - Lucky you to be sent to beautiful places by your company and get paid for it!

It seems that the child sounded as though it was in your bedroom. That would have been a shock. Pity you didn't admit to the engineer that you had heard the child, he might have given you some explanation as to whom it might have been. I'm sure he wouldn't have been annoyed with you. He did ask, after all 😊.

Regards, Melda
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-03-12)
Hi Zaruje,

A thought about why you heard the cry and your friend didn't. Maybe the cry is intended for whoever is in the other bed. So if your friend had taken that bed and you the other, she would be the one who heard the cry. Would be interesting to find out where other people have been in that room when they heard it.

Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: