You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: A Stowaway From Gettysburg

Real Ghost Stories

A Stowaway From Gettysburg

 

My previous story mentions in more depth my trip to Gettysburg where I was attacked by an evil or demonic spirit, but to make a long story short, something assaulted and strangled me on a haunted bridge while we were ghost hunting. Here is another tidbit on something freaky that happened regarding this trip.

When we came home from that Gettysburg trip, immediately the next day I found myself home alone as my grandmother, whom I live with, had somewhere to be. Something felt very, very off. I felt like something was following me through the house and was watching my every move.

Remembering my assault on the bridge, I was at first terrified that it or something else followed me home, but then seconds later I became angry that my home was presumably being invaded. I ordered whatever it was to leave and told it that it needed to go home because it didn't belong here, this is my house, and the house is under the jurisdiction of God, so it is not welcome here (I was under the paranoid impression that it was the demon from the bridge and thought that evoking God's name would be the best way to make it leave me alone).

Afterwards I felt better and a few hours later was even laughing because at that point I figured I was merely a little shaken after the attack and was paranoid for no reason that something was following me when nothing was actually there.

The very next day, I heard word from my sister that she and our mother were seriously ill and she wanted to make sure I was okay. She'd been paranoid that something was wrong and felt like something was following her. There is a psychic that runs a shop next to my sister's place of work, and evidently she felt like something was wrong and asked to talk to my sister. She asked her if she'd been to Gettysburg recently because a dead union soldier had apparently become fascinated with her after she sang to it (my sister had sung a song to one of the spirits after it asked her to on our ghost hunt, but she told me she never told the psychic this and that her boss was the only person who even knew she had gone to Gettysburg, which is what prompted her to listen to her advice).

She reassured her it wasn't an evil presence, but that it was unintentionally feeding off of her because it had latched onto her out of curiosity. Its presence was starting to sicken our mother as well, likely because she had been on the trip too which drew its attention. She gave her advice to get rid of it and gave her something to help protect her from its leeching effects (she did not charge my sister for any of this by the way, on the grounds that she had sought her out instead of the other way around).

She managed to get it to leave by simply asking it to. It didn't put up any form of a protest or fight, so clearly it wasn't evil as she had been reassured. She and my mother felt better a mere hour afterwards. She hasn't had any negative experiences from this since.

Now that I know this I think something really did follow me home that day, but it left when I ordered it to. I'm glad that I caught it when I did and that it wasn't the demon that assaulted me on the bridge.

Other hauntings by Parabol

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Parabol, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Parabol (8 stories) (13 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-03-22)
[at] Wish-Not: It does. There was a haunting in my mom's home and it ignored her and only bothered everyone else because the second she realized it was there, she asked it to please not make itself known to her because it was scaring her and it listened. The only time after that that she saw it personally was when she was in the process of moving out, so maybe it just wanted to say goodbye.
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-03-15)
Parabol- Enjoyed your account of this experience. As I was reading your thoughts that this was possibly

"a few hours later was even laughing because at that point I figured I was merely a little shaken after the attack and was paranoid for no reason that something was following me when nothing was actually there."

My last encounter left me jumping at shadows for several days. I thought the little girl from the "109" followed me home. It took awhile for that feeling to wear off. But that's all it was. Just frazzled nerves.

However, better safe than sorry. You did the correct thing by telling who or what ever that it wasn't welcome. Randy is correct that a lot of times that is all that is needed.

Anyways, I'm glad your sister and mother were able fix their situation.

Thanks for sharing.
RANDYM (2 stories) (266 posts)
+5
7 years ago (2017-03-15)
Parabol

Thank you for sharing

I just want to mention to people on YGS that telling a spirit that it has to leave works a lot more than people realize.

Thanks again
Randy
Parabol (8 stories) (13 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-03-14)
I would think for the overwhelming majority of people, nothing like this would happen. I think it happened to us because we decided to go on a ghost hunt. There are other things in Gettysburg to do besides and we plan on going back to experience them. There's a ton of really cool shops you can explore, we found an amazing ice cream place with friendly staff that go above and beyond to help you when you need it (dude realized he gave us bad directions and literally ran down the street to catch us before we got lost again), and several historical places you can visit. I recommend the Jennie Wade house tour (the normal one, not the ghost one). The history behind it is amazing. (Note that this is an unendorsed advertisement of the place.:P)

The only reason we had an attachment is because we went on a ghost hunt and attracted their attention. Otherwise our trip probably would have been like any other vacation.
Argette (guest)
 
7 years ago (2017-03-14)
I've never been to Gettysburg, but my mother has and she had no experiences there, nor did my friend R. But K., a coworker, claims she did, and of course, I've read many, many accounts. I have to agree with Agatha about history, versus ghost, tours.

Thank you, Parabol, for sharing your account. I like, your writing style.
agatha23 (1 stories) (13 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-03-14)
My family and I were planning a trip to Gettysburg this summer. But, frankly, I'm hesitant about this. I've heard similar stories about people having "things" attach to them and follow them home. I wouldn't mind going for strictly historical tours, but none of those so-called ghost tours. No thank you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: