You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Ghost In Rented House

Real Ghost Stories

The Ghost In Rented House

 

This experience is of my elder sister. She is married and was at that time living in a rented house with her husband and two small children. They had recently rented that house. It had a bedroom, kitchen, a living room and a garden outside. There was a gate beyond the garden. My mom was living with my sister for a few days and as she saw the house she said she had a negative vibe. After she left my sister used to be there with children and often times she was alone as her husband used to travel to other cities for work. While alone on one such night, she heard the sound of someone washing clothes outside the home. She looked out to find no one around. This continued for a few days with the clock stopping to work after twelve at night. And the sounds starting after twelve. The sounds used to be like someone cooking, washing clothes or utensils. She was terrified and told her husband when he returned. He refused to believe and scolded her for believing in such things. Then one night as her husband was there too, the clock stopped working at twelve fifteen and the sound of a small child crying started from just outside the home. The sound was more like sniffling while you cry. My sisters husband went out to check what it was. He even checked outside the gate but there was nobody around at that hour. The crying continued all night. For a few days after that there was no such activity. Than my sister's brother in law came to stay with them and was sleeping in the kitchen. My sister until now had developed a fear of twelve o clock at night and was looking at clock as it was about to strike twelve. As soon as it did, there was a noise. It was a short circuit and the kitchen caught fire. My sisters brother in law somehow extinguished the fire. That was most probably a fire accident but my sister was scared enough. They left that house a few days later.

Other hauntings by snowflakes211

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, snowflakes211, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

SahidIqbal (1 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-09-01)
How come they moved if her husband didn't believe these? And y d brother-in-law was sleeping in kitchen instead of d living room?
SN_kumar27 (5 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-04-27)
Hello snowflakes. Strange happening.
Is your sister still living in that rented house? Or they change that weird palace.
sushantkar (16 stories) (533 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-03-20)
Hello snowfleks! Weird happening. I have had experiences of child and women crying at night and such experiences do draw your mind towards sorrowness. Maybe someting happened which may had been stucked into some kind of a time loop.

Regards
snowflakes211 (4 stories) (24 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-03-18)
KikiGirl thank you for reading the story and commenting. Yes I do get the humor 😆 the stopping of clock related with the paranormal incident is strange. I would have just got rid of the clock in similar situation. Rather than looking at it and feeling anxious
KikiGirl (8 stories) (207 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-03-16)
snowflakes211, thank-you for sharing your experiences! Just, hearing your story brought up all kinds of emotions for me, sometimes, I felt bewildered, intrigued, frightened and other times, I felt sad or humored. I just could not help thinking to myself, "how long has it been since you've had a clock-stopping paranormal experience?!" I am not sure, if you will understand the humour? I suppose, it is more of a quirky thought.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: