You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ouija Board / Seances :: Ghost Summoning

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost Summoning

 

I would like to share a story that I have been told by my mom many times.

In Turkey, there are customs in order to connect with ghosts or genies. There are as well professional people who practice sessions. My mom and her friends somehow found out how to summon a ghost. They were teenagers back then and they wanted to do it for fun. It was done with the same old style, letters on papers and a coffee cup turned upside down. She says, cup started moving by itself as they asked questions.

My mom asked the ghost who will she marry. It has given a name and nobody actually cared about the name they just laughed along. The funny thing is, my mom got married to my father whose name is the exact same name. - Can be coincidence but it effected her. So she told this story to my grandmother. After some time a friend of my grandmothers came to our house for seeking help. She heard the summoning story and she asked my mom if they can summon because their daughter is lost for over a year and she is no where to be found. They were wondering if the ghost would help them to know if the girl is alive or dead.

My mom accepted to help them. When they asked the ghost, they recieved an answer that says, girl is alive and she escaped from the house to get married to a guy. She lives in a small villiage, is married with kids. They did not believe this story and they were like; "she was too young to see any guy and she was always home, looking after the younger siblings". And ghost replied; this is exactly why she decided to leave the house. This time they got angry and they didn't believe. Not long after that, girl was found in a village and she was married like the ghost said. My mom never did ghost summoning after that (Yes, I asked her because I was curious). But some people say, if they have good intentions they do come to aid. Someone who does this job professionally once said, they summoned the father of a family because he was lost as well. He told them that he was murdered and he explained where to find the body. They actually found the body. Another story was shared by our neighbor, they once tried to summon a ghost and ask questions. But instead of answering, ghost was keep writing poems for them, praising their hair color or eyes.

Other hauntings by Ainhoa

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Ainhoa, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

priya- (1 stories) (19 posts)
 
5 years ago (2019-04-10)
Checked all comments but I guess its just me, found last sentence of the story so funny -
"But instead of answering, ghost was keep writing poems for them, praising their hair color or eyes."
Poet Ghost! 😁
Ainhoa (4 stories) (20 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-03-20)
Hello roylynx,
I checked out the link and it is very interesting. Thank you for sharing. In addition, one of my chilhood friends she was so bold and curious about ghost/genie summoning and she got possesed. I witnessed it and I want to share my experience with her on my new post.
Ainhoa (4 stories) (20 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-03-20)
Hi PriyankaMenon,
They were different ghosts I guess. She used the same old method with cups and letters. But the man who was murdered who I mentioned in the end of my story did communicate through a body. But that session was done professionally by a man who has skills. His method was like this: his wife was astral travelling so that the ghost would remain in her body for a short while and talk to his family.
roylynx (guest)
 
7 years ago (2017-03-19)
Ainhoa; Thank you for your input, but same old stories for me, there are many such reports as I know of. I know that they seldom do help, some police use this "spirit summoning" method to help them solve a crime, there are news on them too.

Http://www.therichest.com/rich-list/most-shocking/10-most-mysterious-crimes-solved-by-psychics/

Yes, those actually are very interesting!

E.Lynx
PriyankaMenon (2 stories) (41 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-03-19)
Hi loved your story. Some of my friends also do this stuff. But I have never attended it due to fear.

Your story is similar to one of my friends. She also asked her to be husband's name few years back and few days back she got engaged to him. Soon she will get married to him.

I just wanted to ask you when the ghost told your mom about the runaway girl did he tell it by possessing someone or by moving cup on letters?

Also your mom did this 2 times, so was it same ghost? 😭
shelbyloree (5 stories) (285 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-03-17)
Perhaps your mom has some psychic abilities, the contact ritual may help her tune in to the people seeking her help.

Or, like Sylvia Browne, she may have a guide who stays by her and communicates that way? I saw Browne at some convention with mom and my sister, she said she has a helper, a spirit of a Native American woman who relayed information. Could be something like that.
Meghana23 (3 stories) (32 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-03-17)
Yeah. May be your right. We don't know what happens.

Thanks for reply.
Ainhoa (4 stories) (20 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-03-17)
Hi Meghana,
Thank you so much for your comment.
Nope, I think I shoulnt do it. It feels risky.
Meghana23 (3 stories) (32 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-03-16)
Wow! Super story

I loved it ❤.Anytime you tried it?

Thanks for sharing.
Ainhoa (4 stories) (20 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-03-16)
Hi roylynx, Thank you so much.
I totally agree with you that we should not summon them. Unfortunately here it is a bit common and we hear stories of people who have been haunted because they were messing with ghosts. Thats why my mom never tried such a thing ever again. Yet in a very few times, they do help though...
roylynx (guest)
 
7 years ago (2017-03-16)
Interesting, spirit summoning seems to be risky according to most of the information that I have. Such professionals do exist in any part of the world and like humans spirits do have different characteristics.

Some says this ritual came from Voodoo cultures but some says its actually an ability for only the "chosen one" and that we shall not try to summon any spirits because we may be tricked by bad spirits... There are many believes around the world in any culture, so I actually believe your story. Thanks for sharing!

E.Lynx

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: