You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Poltergeists / Physical Manifestations :: Unwanted Party Guest

Real Ghost Stories

Unwanted Party Guest

 

I was invited to a party one Saturday night. Just a couple of friends getting together for a few drinks and just to have a good time, that's all I was told about the party. The party was to take place at Beaudesert, Queensland, just outside of Brisbane, Australia. I arrived at the party to find out it was already under way. The party was on a property of about 50 acres or more, not too sure exactly. It was used as a cattle farm, and years ago a few farmhands stayed on the property in a sort of cottage about 200 meters from the main house. This cottage was the scene of this party. So I walk down to the cottage and as I pass the gate into the yard for the cottage a feel a chill but there is no breeze blowing. Not thinking anything of it I carry on. I arrive to the party and see it has kicked off well.

I decided not to drink as I was underage and I didn't feel like drinking at all. About an hour into the party we go down to another abandoned cottage and I notice there are several graves in front of this cottage. I ask about it and my friend, Terry, tells me that four people got murdered in there and it is now haunted. I would just like to point out that before this experience I didn't believe in ghosts, but know it's a different story.

We head back to the cottage we were staying in and put on some music. We just started to getting into the music when I asked, jokingly, if this cottage was haunted. Terry tells me that a farmhand, about 40 rears old, was murdered in here and has been spotted in here before. At that exact moment, after she finishes telling me this, the stereo turns off. I check the power and it is still plugged in. Then the furniture starts shifting by itself, one particular chair is spinning around at a dizzying speed. Then the fridge door and pantry door start opening and slamming shut with such speed and force that it shakes the walls. We all just ran outside screaming. When I was outside I looked into the window and I swear I saw a face glaring at us.

Since this experience I am a firm believer in ghosts and the science behind them. I am trying to start a ghost hunting group so I can understand more about them. As I mentioned earlier I wasn't drinking so I couldn't have just imagined this as all of my friends were present as well and they all experienced the same time I did. Later I asked them if felt the air get colder as they entered the yard and they all said yes.

Other hauntings by chuzwuzum

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, chuzwuzum, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

lande53 (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-31)
hello,
I was just wondering were abouts in beaudesert this was. I'm 16 years old and live in Beaudesert and a very big beliver in ghosts and the supernatural world and world love to know more about this 😁

thanks, larissa ❤
Diyanuh (2 stories) (39 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-08-05)
wow creepy. I would have fainted on the spot! Well, hope your first ghost hunt goes great, I've actually been thinking about going on a ghost hunt, also.

By the way;

I think it is pretty hilarious when you made a small mistake in paragraph 3 sentence 3. It says,"...a farmhand, about 40 rears old..." When I saw that I started laughing because "rear" is another word for butt. I can be very immature at times so I happen be quite immature at the time, so just burst out laughing at that part. I'm not making fun of you by pointing that out. I just find it funny how one letter can make me laugh so hard.

Anyway to not get off topic; Your story was very good and nicely written.

Thanks for sharing,
-Diana ^_^
llcoolclint (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-23)
that makes my skin crawl in a bad way the ghost must not like trespassers. 😐
chuzwuzum (2 stories) (29 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-04)
Ramzey I have submitted my new story titled My First Ghost Hunt. Keep an eye out for it.
Ramzey (9 stories) (130 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-28)
Hey chuzwuzum, just readin' your story again. Are you going to post a story about your 1st hunt? How are u? 😊
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-20)
Also, the majority of ghosts are not able to obtain the kind of energies necessary to manifest physically or move objects. Only when there is a powerful source close at hand can they draw on the larger energies necessary for such a feat. Of course it can be frightening to see objects move seemingly of their own volition. But, they don't-they electromagnetic force manipulated by the ghost is responsible for this even if the ghost itself is not visible. As hard as it may seem, it is not an attack on anyone but an attempt to get attention, and, if possible, help. 😊~Shelby ❤
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-20)
Here you go. Thought maybe I would copy this info off of Haleybug's question to me about poltergeists.

As you probably already are aware, the term 'Poltergeist' is German, meaning "noisy ghost". The German scientists decided, after researching, that a young person at the threshold of puberty; the energies that make the sometimes very violent phenomena possible were actually the unreleased sexual energies of the young people in a household of the occurrences. Young people on the border of their sexual awakening can be the source of the energy allowing the phenomena to occur, but so can mentally handicapped people of any age and sexually frustrated individuals of any age, consciously or unconsciously. A poltergeist, then, is nothing more than that stage of a haunting when manifestations occur that are clearly of physical nature, such as the movement or throwing of objects. The originator, however, is not the youngster or mentally handicapped older person. They are merely the source, tapped against their will and usually without their knowledge by a ghostly entity desperately trying to get attention for their plight from people in this world. Not to harm anyone, but to get people to notice their presence.

How to deal with a poltergeist? No differently than the way one relates to an earthbound spirit, a ghost who is unable to realize her or his true condition. Contact can usually be established through a deep trance medium. This way the entity is calmed or released.

Poltergeist cases are much rarer than "ordinary" hauntings, but they do occur. ~Shelby ❤
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-20)
You are correct, chuzwuzum, when you say that you only see the activity of a poltergeist and not an actual physically formed manifestation. It's the havoc that they reek(sp?)that you see! ~Shelby ❤ 😊
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-20)
Excuse me too chuzwuzum, I am not an expert either but I was just wondering : If a spirit or ghost needs energy to appear or interact with us could they not feed off the extra energy that is given off during puberty? I`m not saying that mustang is wrong, I`m just saying that poltergeist could actually be a being that is using an alternative power supply. Just something to think about.

FRAWIN ❤
chuzwuzum (2 stories) (29 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-20)
i thought that it was a poltergeist but when a poltergeist is involved you don't usually see anything of them just the activity that they cause. But as I said I saw a face in one of the windows. Sometimes ghosts can cause that kind of activity as well.
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-12-20)
Excuse me chuzwuzum.
Hi essiej. I am not an expert but I personally think that a Poltergeist is not an actual 'entity' but a manifestation of a lot of extra energy (anger, sadness, hormonal changes, etc...)built up in a person who usually tends to be a teenager. I think that anyone, at any age, could probably create a poltergeist but it is more likely to be around a younger person, namely, girls, although it does happen to boys too, who are going through puberty, hormonal changes or things of that nature. I hope that helped. 😊~Shelby ❤
essiej (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-20)
A question for anybody. Are polterguist just around kids and teenage girls or can they be around people of drinking age too? And are they real ghosts or something we make up in our ideas? Could this be that kind of ghost?
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-20)
Thank you for sharing your story. It sounds as if either the 'entity' liked the company or the 'entity' did not like the company, but regardless of which way it is, they certainly wanted to assure their presence wa and is known.

God Bless!
siddharth (4 stories) (37 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-20)
Hi chuzwuzam.
What a spooky experience you had. I trust you wholeheartedly but I doubt if it was a grotesque act done by your friends for some fun.Anyways, an interesting story. Good luck for your new interest in the field of ghost-hunting and all that. BLessings be with you.
-Siddharth
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-20)
chuzwuzum, thanks for sharing your story, I enjoyed it. For a non-believer this must have been pretty freaky. Good luck on your ghost hunting - it sounds like fun.
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-19)
I wish I could go on that ghost hunt with you. THAT would be interesting! You live way to far away though. DARN! ~Shelby ❤ 😢
chuzwuzum (2 stories) (29 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-19)
Hey guys thaks for your comments. I really appreciate them. Whitebuffalo, I thought that as well and I kept asking them if it was a set up, but they insisted that none of it was plannned. Also I can't even think of a way they could make the chair spin around at that rate and all of the other furniture shifting around. I plan on going back there for my first ghost hunt as soon as I get a group together that is. I have asked a few of my friends but they all think I'm nuts for even believing in them.

Once again thanks for the comments
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-19)
Hi chuzwuzum. I could not have expressed my feelings on this story any better than Whitebuffalo! Thanks for sharing your, 'story'?! ~Shelby ❤ 😊
whitebuffalo (guest)
+1
16 years ago (2007-12-19)
Hi chuzwuzum. What a violent past for this farmland that the party was on. Four people got murdered in the one cottage and one in the other. A place like that is bound to have some hint of activity.
Some of this was a bit difficult for me to believe (Only because I was not there, you were though, and this is your story) and I am amazed that the whole lot of you witnessed this whole thing. Is it possible that your friends that invited you to the party had this thing set up?
If that is not a possibility, and this all happened, that sure would make a believer out of a skeptic, wouldn't it? Thanks for sharing your story.
Ramzey (9 stories) (130 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-19)
Hey! I like your story! That must have been scary to you and your friends! I'm glad you are trying to start up a new ghost hunting group. We need more people like you that are interested in ghosts instead of those who think we are just plain crazy if we believe. I sure wish I could come ghost hunt with you! Talk with you soon! 😉
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-19)
Hey chuzwuzum, that was a pretty good story, thanks for sharing. I guess you could say that that ghost was the life of the party 😜.Take care and God Bless.

FRAWIN 🤔

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: