You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Loud Screams From The Abandoned House

Real Ghost Stories

Loud Screams From The Abandoned House

 

I and my friend Gurpreet (Name changed) just came out of Gurdwara [Holy temple of Punjabi's (language) ]. It was 9 pm in the evening. I was talking to Gurpreet's friends when we suddenly heard a loud scream from the abandoned house opposite us. Every people over there heard that scream and stopped in their places. I and Gurpreet just looked at each other and everyone was asking who screamed like that?. We were leaving that place when that loud scream came again, and we really got scared this time.

It's a very recent experience which still scares me today. It happened on 10th march 2017. Gurpreet is my Society friend, we met a month ago, and she is Punjabi. She has insisted me many times to go Gurdwara with her. This time I said yes to her proposal. We went to Gurdwara, and it was really a very good experience to go to Gurdwara as I went for the first time.

We came out and I met Gurpreet's two guy friends. We four were just talking and everyone over there was busy with their own. When suddenly we heard a very loud scream from the abandoned house opposite us. We all froze, every people was shocked to hear that scream. Every people over there were just talking that what that scream was about. We decided to leave that place, as we bid good bye to her friends and were just about to leave when we heard that scream again, but this time it was too loud to handle.

There were two police man available in that crowd, they went to investigate that house, I and Gurpreet decided to stay. After 10 minutes that police man came out and said there was nothing. When they sat on their police vehicle that scream came again. I really got a feeling that something is totally wrong. That police man called some forces in walkie talkie.

There was an old lady, beside me was saying something but I didn't concentrate. Everyone was really tensed for that screams. That lady again said something but this time it distracted me to listen her. "What's the use of hearing her screams now, when she needed someone, no one heard her scream but I did" that old lady said. "What do you mean?" I asked. "Two years ago, a girl lived there, almost of your age; she was bitten by a snake, she screamed for help but no one heard her, when I heard her scream I said many people to help her but no one listened to me, all thought I was mad and that girl died in pain. Today is her death anniversary, she screamed this way, and she will every year on this date, I remember this date because it's my birthday!" She said. I was totally shocked to hear this and even Gurpreet was scared.

We left that place, I thought I should give this information to the police men, but I didn't get any guts too, and I felt sorry for that girl because her screams were loud and painful.

I don't know what to say after this experience, what should have I done. But it was scary to hear that screams.

Other hauntings by maggirockz13

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, maggirockz13, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

TheFinalGhostHunter (5 posts)
 
2 years ago (2022-08-25)
Hi Meghna, how about bluetooth speakers plus crazy lady combination? Btw let's do ghost hunting together!
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2017-10-19)
Like others I also want to know who was the girl actually. But I know searching answer for this may be hard. Overall I enjoyed your story. Thanks for sharing.
maggirockz13 (13 stories) (163 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-04-15)
Hi Val,
Thanks for reading my story.
Yes, I will surely ask Gurpreet to investigate about that place (if she is still not scared about it)... That old lady did make up (maybe) as we don't know the actual truth until and unless someone investigates about it. I will get back to you with a proper answer about that scream
Take care.

Hi Talib,
Thanks for reading my story.
Im Sorry but I won't be able to provide you the address unless I find that what I heard or saw are true. I can only say that the Gurdwara is in Navi Mumbai and yes that house is opposite of the Gurdwara.
Hope you understand.
Take care.

Hi Tweed and Lady-glow,
Can I ask what this "clown" is all about? Even in my other story someone asked about it. Please can you clear my doubts?
Take Care

Hi shelbyloree,
I can surely say that the screams were of a human and not animal.
Take Care

Regards to all
Meghna Roy.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+3
7 years ago (2017-04-01)
Ha ha ha! This is the only day of the year in which the mods don't mind comments not related to the stories, I am sure that they, too, enjoy the confusion of the unaware members wondering the reason for the invasion of colorfully dressed people with big red
shelbyloree (5 stories) (285 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-04-01)
Was it a human scream or an animal scream? Police could have called backup if it was an injured animal stuck somewhere. I get the feeling it wasn't human but probably one of the big cats (panther, leopard, etc.) screaming.

Sorry but sounds like grandma was telling you a tall tale, she probably got a kick out of it (something my grandpa would do).

Hey moderators, I think you've been hacked - CLOWN keeps replacing random words in the comments.
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-04-01)
HAHAHHA this never gets old! The comments on here are particularly funny!

Take Clown.😆
talib (58 posts)
-3
7 years ago (2017-03-30)
Dear Megha,

Interesting story. Where is the Gurudwara located? Can you provide us with the address and is that abandoned house right next to it?
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+3
7 years ago (2017-03-30)
Maggi,
I think that old lady was having you on. Supposedly, TWO years ago the girl was bitten and screamed and every year this repeats. Yet no one in the crowd was familiar with this? That's the stuff legends and urban legends are made of! BUT you have a date and a location, researching it wouldn't be hard.
You can start with Gurpreet, since she goes to Temple there. She can ask around if anyone else has heard that story about the girl. Trust me, if there's a scary story floating around the locals will know it.
So let's say, the old woman did make it up. Who was screaming then? In questioning the story the woman told you might get an answer.
maggirockz13 (13 stories) (163 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-03-30)
Hi AzraelX,
Thanks for reading my story.
Well, I have written the story as I have seen from my eyes and heard from my ears. Many things are possible to happen here. After posting thing story I also got an idea from the comments that:
1) As you said someone must have played a prank. But the screams which I heard could not be done by any human who was not in pain.
2) The old lady story. If she was telling the truth, then all people were cold hearted as mention by Lady-Glow.
3) If that old lady lied to me. As Biblio mentioned, maybe that lady needed attention, because as I have mentioned in my before comment, that the scream was so loud it can be heard by everyone present over there.
After all, the scream is mystery.
Take Care

Regards
Meghna Roy
maggirockz13 (13 stories) (163 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-03-30)
Sorry for replying so late, I was caught up in something.

Hi RCRuskin,
Thanks for reading my story.
Honestly, I also don't know what we can do for her, If I had been in that place (On 10th march 2015) I would have obviously helped her, rather then asking people for help. May her soul rest in peace.
Take care

Hi Trentinray,
Thanks for reading my story.
Well, we do have emergency no. But I don't know why that old women didn't do so. I don't know even its true or not what that lady said because I didn't investigate by myself why all that were actually happening. Those screams were not normal scream that people would ignore thinking that some parents are bashing their kids. Those screams were of pain. I even don't have any idea if that was even paranormal, but the house was abandoned as it look liked. Totally dark, no lights, old house.
Take Care

Hi Lady-glow,
Thanks for reading my story.
Well, you have put some good points on your comments.
Point 3 and 4 can be happen.
"...C) they heard the screaming but didn't care (shame on them!), and denied hearing because all of them were a bunch of cold hearted, indifferent zombies..." well, this must have happened, but not all people are the same, if someone did care, they should have definitely heard her scream. Maybe the old lady lied to me.
"...D) the poor girl didn't scream loud enough for people to hear her when she was dying, but the volume of her screaming increases over time and will be heard all the way to China by 2030..." In this I can say, maybe the old lady was close enough to hear her scream, rather then the others, but if she screamed like the day which I heard, every people would have heard her.
"...Personally, I'd have questioned the credibility of just one person out of a crowd hearing the girl screaming the day she died.
And then the fact that the policeman asked for back up if nothing was going on.

Did you take the time to verify if anything happened that night? Like reading the police reports for that day or going back to the place and asking the locals for any information? What do you know about the old lady other than her birthday is in March 10th?
Would you be willing to go back to that location the next year to see if the screams are heard again? Only then you'd be able to confirm the information provided by the lady..."
To all your question, NO, I didn't verify anything that night, I didn't check any police reports, didn't ask any locals for information, that old lady said by herself that it's her birthday, I don't know that lady. I was really scared after this event, even if it's not paranormal, it would be reality that someone was in pain, if I had guts the next year, I will surely visit the place again to confirm if its true or not. I will try to find explanation before jumping into any conclusion.
I hope I have cleared all your doubts.
Take Care.

Hi Biblio,
Thank for reading my story,
"...Did you or Gurpreet attempt to verify the old lady's story? There could have need any number of reasons for the screaming, but sound travels, reflects, and refracts, just as light does. Though it sounded as if someone were in the house, it's just as likely that the sounds were coming from behind the house, or somewhere else nearby..." We didn't verify that lady, I can surely tell that the sounds were coming from that abandoned house as everyone were looking at that same place, and even police went to that house only.
"...Again, for the police to tell you "it's nothing," could be explained by various alternatives: to stop the public from interfering with a crime scene; to prevent anyone interacting with a crime victim before they can get a coherent description of the events; or to ensure you did not endanger yourselves by walking into a crime in progress and making the situation worse. This last rationale doesn't seem to have been a major problem..." Maybe, because when they came out they didn't came out casually, they were a little tensed, when they were about to leave we heard the scream again, and then they called some forces.
"...Did anyone know the old lady? Is she a lonely old woman who wanted to make people pay attention to her? Is she delusional? (If so, does she believe her stories when she tells them?) Did anyone try to find out why an old lady apparently had impeccable hearing, while everyone else did not? (Usually, the exact opposite is true...)..." We didn't know that lady, and I also don't know if anyone did. Maybe she had fooled me.
"...I strongly suspect that:
1) The old lady was a fantasist.
2) That there were mundane reasons for the noise.
3) You've been deceived..."
There can be many reasons, that lady must have fooled me, but if this is true, then the screams are mystery for me then.
I hope I have cleared your doubts.
Take Care.

Hi Roylynx,
Thanks for reading my story.
Well, maybe I just fear from a little sound also which makes me jumps at time, but there are explanation too, in this story of mine, maybe there are explanation, and maybe not. So many questions of mine are still unanswered after this. But I'm still scared to go there. Don't know what's the reason behind the screams if that lady lied to me.
Take Care

Hi Macknorton,
Thanks for reading my story.
Well, if my information reads that I love to read horror books that doesn't mean I won't get scared if anything paranormal actually happened. Everyone has different point of view, if you think its a work of fiction, let it be. Because I know what I have heard. I respect your thinking.
Take Care

Regards to all.
Meghna Roy.
AzraelX (8 stories) (115 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-03-30)
Just read this and had to comment

1st. We should apply Sherlock Holmes words & idea here
"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth."

The event here is the "Scream".
maggirockz13 says that she heard the scream twice - Once when they came out and once when the policemen were present in the vicinity.

Just because that the police men didn't find anyone in the abandoned house doesn't mean there is no one or it is a supernatural event - Someone could have deliberately played a prank and scooted away before the Policemen started their investigation.

Since data is inconclusive, since the old lady's tale is the only pointer towards a Supernatural/paranormal occurrence, we should take it with a pinch of salt.

2nd. What the old lady meant when she said 'No one could hear her, only I heard her" is essentially that the other people who were in the vicinity were indifferent and didn't want to get involved in anything.

The same Option C which lady-glow put forth - "they heard the screaming but didn't care (shame on them!), and denied hearing because all of them were a bunch of cold hearted, indifferent zombies.".

In modern today, we have grown indifferent to other people's sufferings.

Even if the 'Screams" were paranormal/supernatural in a sense, nothing is available other than anecdotal evidence put forth by the old lady.
We can only speculate.
Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
+4
7 years ago (2017-03-28)
Look, I really can't add anything more than what others have perceptively posted. This appears, to me, to be a work of fiction.

Maggi, no disrespect intended but in your information about you, you wrote that you are: "Fond of reading Horror stories, watching Horror movies, Crime novels and many more."

Well, my dear, that was a bit of a give away. 🤔

Regards
Mack
roylynx (guest)
+2
7 years ago (2017-03-28)
Totally agree on lady-glow.
Maggirockz13, your stories seems detailed enough on how you see the situation around you, BUT, just not logical enough. Indeed there are mysterious things around us but living in this modern world today, many can be explained, so, do not judge just relying on the fear level and the "I am not familiar" feeling inside you, everyone here have different knowledge and point of view.

We are all very open-minded here for paranormal and spiritual stuff, at the same time we are more open-minded for "Normal" stuff around us. So there, you will have to be more open-minded not just on paranormal or spiritual stuff.

Now, I love Asian cultures and I have Asian blood inside me, I am not being strict just because the place you are from or being friends with anyone around, please do understand it. Cheers and peace on earth!

E.Lynx
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+4
7 years ago (2017-03-28)
Maggi: before anyone says that I'm criticizing your story only because it is from India, I would like to point out the importance of checking the facts and doing some research before assuming that something that you don't understand at any given moment has to be paranormal.

Personally, I'd have questioned the credibility of just one person out of a crowd hearing the girl screaming the day she died.
And then the fact that the policeman asked for back up if nothing was going on.

Did you take the time to verify if anything happened that night? Like reading the police reports for that day or going back to the place and asking the locals for any information? What do you know about the old lady other than her birthday is in March 10th? Biblio already asked for this.
Would you be willing to go back to that location the next year to see if the screams are heard again? Only then you'd be able to confirm the information provided by the lady.

For your own sake, always try to find all the possible logical explanations for an event you don't understand before jumping to the conclusion that it's a ghost encounter.

Don't allow paranoia and fear to rule your life.

Take care.
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+4
7 years ago (2017-03-28)
Greetings, Maggi:

Did you or Gurpreet attempt to verify the old lady's story? There could have beed any number of reasons for the screaming, but sound travels, reflects, and refracts, just as light does. Though it sounded as if someone were in the house, it's just as likely that the sounds were coming from behind the house, or somewhere else nearby.

Again, for the police to tell you "it's nothing," could be explained by various alternatives: to stop the public from interfering with a crime scene; to prevent anyone interacting with a crime victim before they can get a coherent description of the events; or to ensure you did not endanger yourselves by walking into a crime in progress and making the situation worse. This last rationale doesn't seem to have been a major problem.

Did anyone know the old lady? Is she a lonely old woman who wanted to make people pay attention to her? Is she delusional? (If so, does she believe her stories when she tells them?) Did anyone try to find out why an old lady apparently had impeccable hearing, while everyone else did not? (Usually, the exact opposite is true...)

The only clear activity you've described here was that:
1) Someone screamed.
2) Police investigated.
3) Police told you, "move along; there's nothing to see here."
4) An old woman showed up at just the right time to provide narrative structure, as no-one else there remembered the tragedy of the 10th of March, 2015.

I strongly suspect that:
1) The old lady was a fantasist.
2) That there were mundane reasons for the noise.
3) You've been deceived.

Sorry about that.
-Biblio
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+5
7 years ago (2017-03-28)
lady-glow - This isn't the first comment by you that has made me laugh 😆

The O/P is a teenager and possibly a mite gullible. The chances are that the old lady did relate that story to her.

I by no means knock teenagers and children when they have "experiences" because that happened to me and everybody ignored me 😢. However I read this story earlier and decided not to comment because it sounded to me as though she had been spun a "tale". By 2030 it might even become a legend!

Regards, Melda
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+4
7 years ago (2017-03-28)
"...she screamed for help but no one heard her, when I heard her scream I said many people to help her but no one listened to me, all thought I was mad and that girl died in pain..."

I am trying to think of all the possible reasons for the "selective hearing" affecting everyone, except for the old lady, in that tragic March 10th, 2015:

A) all the bystanders were deaf.
B) all the passerbys were listening to loud music wearing earphones.
C) they heard the screaming but didn't care (shame on them!), and denied hearing because all of them were a bunch of cold hearted, indifferent zombies.
D) the poor girl didn't scream loud enough for people to hear her when she was dying, but the volume of her screaming increases over time and will be heard all the way to China by 2030.
E) that tragic day the air was so polluted that the people's hearing got impaired. The old lady was fine because she was carrying an oxygen mask.

I may be missing something but, it is REALLY odd that only one person in the crowd could hear the screams of the girl.
trentinray (3 stories) (67 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-03-28)
You guys don't have any type of emergency number to call? The old lady just went on the street to random strangers asking for help? There were no policemen she could find for help? This just kind of boggles my mind that the old lady could find no real help for this woman. But then again I am not familiar with the culture.
Best of luck, trentinray
RCRuskin (9 stories) (811 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-03-27)
To die alone and in pain. If that ever happens to me, I'll look for everyone who didn't come to my help and haunt them.

OK. No more joking. Thank you for sharing this story. I'm wondering what can be done to help this young lady now? Is there something that can be done to give her rest or help her move on?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: