You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Psychic / Medium :: Time - Is It Really Relevant?

Real Ghost Stories

Time - Is It Really Relevant?

 

Do you ever wonder if time matters, or is the same, when we die? Years ago I submitted a story called "My Ghost Who Cussed" and this sparked an interest, for me at least, about the difference between time while we are living versus time after we die. It also created conversation in the comments section about time. When we hear a ghostly voice say only one or two words and then later we hear another word or two, are the words meant to go together? Are they only parts of a sentence or question and we just don't hear the rest?

Before I proceed with my experience, I want to acknowledge I am not using real names in this one. Most of the time I do, but I don't feel I can or should in this case. I know this causes some members to question the validity of a story, but I have never submitted anything that isn't true.

About 4 years ago Bart, someone I've known my entire life, passed away. A few days later I was visited by Bart. Nothing major, he just sat on my bed. There was no concrete evidence it was Bart, but my instinct tells me it was.

A few days after that visit, I was visited again. This time there was no doubt it was Bart and he had a message, "Tell Herb it won't be long." I took this to mean Herb's wife didn't have long. Edith has had major health issues for years. But, because that is such a sensitive topic, I didn't feel as if I could pass that message along.

One day recently I was told Herb is dying. There is no doubt in my mind this is what the message was about: Herb's passing, not Edith's.

The timing between the two messages about Herb is almost exactly 3 years. Maybe time truly is irrelevant once we pass.

Other hauntings by Miracles51031

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Miracles51031, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

shelbyloree (5 stories) (285 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-04-04)
I believe time is related to gravity, and time runs differently for everybody. Was on Netflix and found a whole thing about speed, gravity and time. It basically slows down the faster you go, even if the movement is walking or riding a bike. The shape of the earth, and the variations of gravity on the earth also influence the 'movement' of time so yes, it runs differently, even for the living.

The reason for clocks and the time changes is because time moves differently everywhere. Before the world clock, trains would leave at 'their' appointed hour, which was usually different somewhere else and they would end up crashing into one another, even though both left at the correct time.

Time is always changing, and we have to tweak our instruments constantly in order to function within a timeframe.

The current Gregorian calendar which measures time in days and years is also the best we can do so far to 'control' time. But again, because it is always changing, we have to tweek our counting system with leap years, odd month days, etc. Humans used to track time with the moon, but it was a bit more complicated, because they were left with an extra moon, or not enough for the season.

Clocks slow down without ever seeming to, so there is a computer that 'speeds' them up and makes adjustments to regulate clocks (and thus time) all over the world. They had a serious problem with time during the manned space missions because the astronauts' watches and time keeping mechanisms would slow down or stop altogether.

Time, as we understand it, is nothing more than a smokescreen we use to synchronize with other human beings. That's it. It's an illusion of control over the chaos of time.

As for it relating to the dead, I'm assuming if what Dr. Stevenson (I think it was) found in relation to reincarnation is true, and we 'circle' the earth until it is time to reincarnate, then the spirit world is also somehow subjected to gravity and time, probably in a different capacity than we know or understand.

And 'soon' could be anything, given the squirrelly nature of time, I wouldn't worry about it. He may have told you to ensure things were left in order, but if you didn't say anything, the message probably was told to someone else too. Hank was probably so concerned over his wife's situation, his own will and funeral arrangements may have not been made.
Temilicious (7 stories) (99 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-04-02)
Hi Miracles,

I find your post so interesting because years ago (2007-8 not sure), my mom came to me in one of my dreams, as she usually does, but she said to me "Don't forget, a tummy is something you must constantly check upon" sorry that's the best way I can translate it into English, she said it in my native tongue but I got it to mean I must look after my tummy, which I found weird because I have never had stomach issues before.

Fast forward a couple of years- in 2014 I was on holiday with the family and had to get hospitalized for a sore tummy. My blood pressure dropped so low and I had a high fever, to cut a long story short I nearly died that night. Now I always have to have a supply of tummy pills and medicine cause it acts up anytime.

Did my mom forewarn me of something that was to happen in my future. Was time irrelevant then to her as well?

Interesting question that's always baffled me but have never known how to put into words. Until I read your post.

Thank you.
Seraphina (7 stories) (147 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-03-30)
Hi, Miracles,
Another fascinating story that resulted in a great discussion!

I find these discussions as helpful to my own understanding of the paranormal as are the stories themselves.

Have you and the other mods ever considered putting together a page that showcases some of YGS's best (edited) discussions? Certain topics come up repeatedly because they continue to be relevant. The nature of time is one example.

Blessings,
Seraphina
talib (58 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-03-30)
According to Islamic beliefs true Dreams are 1/46th part of Prophethood.

Once a dead relative told me in my dream that soand so (a relative) is dead.

That relative eventually died of a heart attack after about 12 months, so yes I believe there is a time lapse between the premonition and the actual event.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
7 years ago (2017-03-29)
Val - my warped sense of humor made me laugh at your comment. I don't know anyone that would appreciate that kind of message, and it could end up being one of those "shoot the messenger" situations.

I'm honestly not sure how Bart and Herb's relationship was. Certainly they knew each other well, but I don't know how close they were.

Yesterday I was thinking about 3 years because, as you know, my grandson just turned 3. "...3 years doing something you love seems like nothing."❀
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
7 years ago (2017-03-29)
Randy - thank you for always having words of encouragement and support for us. There are days we really need it, and it does help.

Yeah, I don't think time, in its current definition, would be a good thing in the afterlife. Thinking of spending eternity as seconds or minutes, even days, may cause some people a bit of concern. And I agree with you. I don't think we can equate X with years. I have realized while responding to the comments that I, at least, use the word time a lot. It's amazing how much that word dictates our lives.

I completely agree that we are limited on what we know because we are still living. For me, trying to comprehend things that I don't have the slightest idea about is like trying to understand a foreign language.

Thanks for your input, Randy 😊
valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
+4
7 years ago (2017-03-29)
Just for the sake of argument, let's say you understood Bart's message from the get go. Then what? You can't very well go up to someone and say, "Hey, I got this message from the other side and you'll be joining them soon." Bart may have meant it as a comforting thing though, maybe Herb had been missing him. 3 years can be either a long time, or short depending on how you look at it.
3 years hard labour can seem terribly long, but 3 years doing something you love seems like nothing.
I agree with Biblio, time exists only for the convenience of man.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
7 years ago (2017-03-29)
Biblio - as far as I know, Bart didn't fall under that category.

I enjoyed your explanation of time. I am constantly questioning why we have to set our clocks forward and backward, and what the true time really is. Things like this, and the time zones, really mess with me, as well as Leap Year. I mean, c'mon already! How in the world can we know what the true day and time are when we are constantly changing them? Ugh! I could go on and on about the things that make no sense to me. Far too many, actually πŸ˜‰ Lord, now that I'm putting it in words, I could be 70 instead of 51 😨 I think I'd better leave well enough alone for now LOL

Thank you for your explanation. When I have time to actually sit down and read all the comments for the shared experiences, I always find things I didn't know. Some things are, admittedly, over my head and I may need to Google a lot but if I listen (read), I learn. No implied criticism to anyone 😊
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
7 years ago (2017-03-29)
Tweed - I told one of my bosses about seeing my ghost cat yesterday morning and he asked me if that seems strange to me because it would be strange to a lot of other people. I told him no, it didn't seem strange to me. Bizarre sometimes but not strange LOL

I find things extremely interesting, especially considering your recent story that was in queue at the same time as mine. Loved it, by the way. Just haven't made it to yours or val's to leave my comments.

I think sometimes we do lose track of time, too often maybe. What to me is a week or two could be more than a month, which is why "the other day" is used so often in my area. No one even stops to ask for a more detailed when. We all just accept and acknowledge the other day could be anywhere from two days to a year ago LOL

My Ghost Who Cussed is one of my favorite people πŸ˜† Glad you liked it.
roylynx (guest)
+1
7 years ago (2017-03-29)
Miracles51031, that is so interesting! Thank you for sharing all that experience!
Oh, I don't know if the following would consider appropriate here but I remember a short line that my sister used to laugh at and joke around with when she was in high school. It goes...
A man is talking to God "God, how long is a million years to you?"
God answers, "To me, it's about a minute my dear"
"God, how much is a million dollars to you?" asked the man
"To me, it's a penny my dear." God replied
"God, may I have a penny?" said the man trying to trick the god
"Wait a minute my dear" said the God with a smile on his face
From this whenever my father ask my sister to do her homework, she used to say "god says 1 minute!" and go hand out with all other girls will midnight... Oh she is good now living with me with no trouble LOL

Ah, what I wanted to mention is could this short line be a hint as well? LOL

E.Lynx
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
7 years ago (2017-03-29)
Mack - sharing this experience has given me a lot to think about. I also have realized there are things I should know but don't. I think the older I get, the more I don't know LOL

Your comment about being in a dark room makes a lot of sense. I think anytime we are placed in an environment without our normal "can't live without" gadgets, we are left handicapped and at the mercy of ourselves.

I have those same type dreams. Alarm goes off, hit snooze, dream; 9 minutes later alarm buzzes again. In those precious few minutes, I could have one of the most detailed dreams of the night. I dream every night and remember most of my dreams, some of which are pretty detailed.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
7 years ago (2017-03-29)
Mazz - I am learning everything is possible, and I now believe time is really, unbelievably different while we are alive versus when we are no longer living.

PriyankaMenon - it appears to be that way in this case, doesn't it? I'm still trying to figure out if Bart meant it wouldn't be long from the time he gave me the message to Herb's death, or the amount of days between Herb finding out and his passing. Time πŸ˜•

Kikigirl - not to sound full of myself or anything like that, but I frequently get messages/premonitions. Some of them take a year or two to play out, but others happen within a shorter amount of time. There is no rhyme nor reason for it as far as I can figure out. I find out when/if I am meant to. I don't think it was because I was in the right space at the time to have received the message from Bart. I believe I could have been in an entirely different state (mentally and physically) and I would still have received his message.

And no, I don't believe the message was about anything other than Herb's death. I could be wrong, but I don't believe I am.
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-03-29)
Miracles, I'm so sorry to hear this. I hope you don't beat yourself up over the shoulda, couldas. I know how hard it is to talk about this kind of thing with some people, especially if there are other sensitive topics to be wary of. I think sometimes ghosts forget what kind of reaction they produce in others.
If you ever find yourself in similar territory, you can always impart a message without bringing up anything paranormal. Word it in a question for example. Something like that may influence a person to think more on the subject without them feeling invaded by things they'd otherwise reject.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
7 years ago (2017-03-29)
roylynx - I was talking to one of my bosses about this situation with Herb and he asked me if I'd had any messages from someone who had passed longer than a few days. I haven't had time to check my Journal but I will. Things like this make me curious.

I enjoy reading about other cultures and beliefs. Some of the beliefs help me make sense of things that make absolutely no sense to me. Thank you for providing that information, I appreciate it.

And yes, keep a Journal! They are amazing tools and I would be lost without mine. I want to share something with you just in case you are thinking of keeping a Dream Journal.

In 2012 I was taking a psychic/mediumship class. One of our assignments was to keep a Dream Journal. That first night I had 9 dreams that I remember. I was so annoyed because I didn't sleep much at all LOL From the first night to the next class (2 weeks later), I had 19 dreams. The dreams tapered off to 1 or 2 a night (that I was able to recall) until the next class. Out of those 19 dreams, 8 of them were premonitions.

Sorry for straying off topic LOL
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
7 years ago (2017-03-29)
Argette - it's ironic that I would get to your question at this point in time. I had my response to Manafon's comment already typed (in Word) but got busy with work and couldn't submit it. Anyway, the reason I find it ironic is because I found out a few hours ago that Herb passed this morning: 10 days from the date I found out that he is dying. Upon realizing that, I couldn't help but wonder if maybe that is what Bart meant: won't be long for Herb between finding out he was dying to his death. I swear, if I am ever again given a message like that one, I am asking questions!

And yes, Edith is still alive but in bad health. I hate to think what this is going to do to her.

Thank you, Argette 😊
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
7 years ago (2017-03-29)
Manafon - I never considered the possibility that residual apparitions could be spirits revisiting but due to time, or the absence of, appear to us as repeating their actions.

It does give us something to think about, doesn't it? I think we could toss ideas/theories/thoughts around for years and not be certain we are even in the same ballpark.
roylynx (guest)
 
7 years ago (2017-03-29)
Miracles51031, Wow! That is pretty cool! I always think that every dream have their meaning! I need to keep a dairy or some note pads beside my bed from tonight then!

Reading all the comments here too made me realize yes, the universe did not start with "time" and that really is actually man-made, just a system to keep people scheduled. 😜

Love from SΓ£o Paulo
E.Lynx
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
7 years ago (2017-03-29)
Darn, I just realized I made a huge mistake in my story. I've done this same mistake twice πŸ˜•

"About 4 years ago Bart, someone I've known my entire life, passed away." Correction: Bart passed away in 2014, making it 3 years not 4. Apparently time is irrelevant to me too πŸ˜‰
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+3
7 years ago (2017-03-29)
Melda - your comment about not being able to tell anyone you dreamed something a year ago made me chuckle a little. I keep a Journal which includes my and my children's ghost experiences as well as my premonitions, some which come from dreams and others from visions. If you don't keep one, I highly recommend it. The reason for my chuckle was I dreamed about my grandson almost exactly 2 years before his birth.

I get messages sometimes that leave me scratching my head and seeking help from friends. When I find out the meaning of the message, sometimes I am left wondering why on earth I was given that information.

For example, taken from my Journal, April 1, 2015: "I don't think this is anything of importance at all, but at the same time it's like why? Last Wednesday night (3/25) as I was meditating Johnny Depp's face popped in. Well, hello there πŸ˜‰ Back on track LOL, nothing else, just his face. I have a niece who is 9 weeks pregnant and I was trying to see if I could get a heads up on the sex of the baby. Instead I get Johnny Depp 😁

I checked with her (my niece) the next morning to see if they'd watched any movies starring him lately and to see if they had picked out baby names. Went through obvious, and even less obvious, scenarios. Nothing rang a bell with her.

Monday night I was meditating and I clearly heard the name Lily. Okay. Odder yet. So last night (Tuesday) I was telling Jerrica about all this and she says, "Mom, you do know Johnny Depp's daughter's name is Lily, right?" Hell no! I didn't even remember he had a daughter LOL

Still wondering if there is a connection to the baby, I saw this morning on MSN a post that Lily, Johnny Depp's daughter, is following in her mother's footsteps and hit the runway at "Chanel's 2014/15 Metiers d'Art Collection show in New York on Tuesday". Not sure why I got the heads up but LOL"

Another time I was meditating and Ian McKellen as Gandalf popped in my view. Next morning I Googled Ian McKellen, praying nothing bad had happened to him, and there was a very small, brief news release that a new X-Men movie (X-Men The Last Stand) was coming out the next year. Why I was given that info ahead of time I don't know, but it was pretty cool.

And yes, if I had delivered my interpretation of Bart's message, holy moly! I cannot even begin to imagine the chaos I would have created.

Your reincarnation comment has me thinking all sorts of things, wondering if it is possible and if it isn't, why isn't it?

Thank you 😊
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
7 years ago (2017-03-29)
lady-glow - that is a very valid point. For me eternity is unfathomable, so three years could be milliseconds in the afterlife. And that is also unfathomable.
RANDYM (2 stories) (266 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-03-28)
Hello Miracles

Thanks for sharing and the great mod job you do.

It is my understanding that time is not a factor in the Spirit world
At least as we know it here on earth. When you think about it everything in our 3D world is measured one way or another. Length, width, depth. It helps put things in perspective for us. It helps the world around us make sense. Time works here the same way for us.
It is a point of reference for the beginning, duration, and end of events that take place. It helps us to put things in some kind of order.

Of course we must assume the spirit world works much differently and under a whole new set of rules. If, as we think, spirit is eternal its probably a good thing time is't the same. I don't think we could grasp how long eternity is. 100 years can seem a long long time to us.
I don't even think we can say that in the spirit world that
X = so many earth years. That would be turning time into a human measuring device again.

I guess we, as living humans can't understand how time can't play a part on the other side. What I believe causes that is because our minds are limited to what we know and how we function. When we try to ask how spirits can do this or that we always try and put it in the perspective of it working under our rules. Thats because while here, it's all we know and can comprehend.

Just another one of those pesky things we're not going to understand until we get to where we are going.

Randy
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+3
7 years ago (2017-03-28)
Greetings, Miracles.

Was Bart well-intentioned, but always late? No idea what time it is, even though he's looked at his watch twice in the last 10 minutes? Vague about how long ago an event was, or how soon the future event will be?

In the last 2 weeks, I've read about one of my medical conditions; there are living people with no concept of the passage of time, no ability to plan an accurate schedule for future events, and no sense of temporal continuity. "Time," as everyone else sees it, has always seemed to me to be a haphazard affair, with very little applicability to living and to accomplishing goals. Everything in my mind is "now" or "not-now." (I wonder if that's related to the post-cognitive stuff? End of digression.)

If none of the above descriptions sound to you like Bart, then we can eliminate *his* perceptions of time as a part of the misunderstanding.

Time doesn't really "flow" the way we see it, anyway. Quantum mechanics has demonstrated that even sublight particles, such as atoms, can affect each other *instantaneously* over interstellar distances! There's no connection between the way we experience time and the way the superstructure of the physical universe works. Time matters a great deal in Newtonian physics, but Einstein and subsequent physicists have demonstrated that it is merely a function of existence in a spatial dimension.

Look at it this way: on Earth, human beings live at the bottom of the ocean of gasses we call "atmosphere" without even thinking about it. We wouldn't survive at the bottom of an ocean of liquids, nor would we survive should the gasses either be replaced by toxins or be removed entirely. Time is a bit like that: we're so used to having it operate in our lives as an apparent factor, we don't question that it does so. If we grew gills, or if we learned to live without breathing, then we'd be able to ask "why did we bother with breathing at all?" Time is relative to where you are, how fast you are travelling, and what you perceive to be subjectively "real."

Back to Einstein for a moment: "E = MC squared." Energy = mass multiplied by (the speed of light multiplied by the speed of light). This is a fundamental principle in modern science, and it answers a great many questions. He published that work in 1905. [That's the same year as the Baseball Batting helmet was invented, 3 years before the candy apple, 6 years before the Binder Clip, 11 years before the hamburger bun, 14 years before the electric blender and the pop-up toaster, 21 years before Goddard got a liquid-fueled rocket to launch, and 25 years before the chocolate-chip cookie.] It is the world's most famous equation and it only works because he LEFT OUT TIME!

"Time" is merely a convenient measuring tool we use by convention, then we use a great many devices to keep track of the convention. Even the clock on your wall is based upon the agreement that the earth is divided into 24 sections (because using base 10 seemed boring?), and --within a specific distance from one of those 24 dividing meridians to the next-- everyone is operating at the same "time" as measured on the meridian AT SEA LEVEL. The higher you travel from sea level, the less accurate that measurement is --but we do it anyway. (The lowest points in Ohio are at about 750-feet above sea level, so your difference is minuscule, but it is there.) Oh, living on a globe screws it up, too; there is only "now" at the north and south poles, and you can walk briskly in a circle around the pole at a distance of about ten feet and -technically- you've crammed a 24 hour day into about 90 seconds of subjective time by crossing all of the meridians. When you return to your base camp, however, only a couple of hours has passed. You've not aged an extra day, the calendar hasn't shifted, nobody else on Earth has noticed, because it's just a manipulation of the measuring system in a location where the measurements converge into uselessness.

The modern obsession with time's just a product of the factories of the industrial revolution; I think that the supernatural realms are far more interested in noticeable time measurement (i.e.: "day" or "night"), if at all.

Sorry, I think I went on a bit, there, while trying to explain (or over-explain) my thinking.

Best,
Biblio.
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-03-28)
Miracles, wow weird stuff. I had the weirdest thing happen with time today, so odd I've just scribbled it down and plan to submit it to the site. So your discussion about time is very, uh timely!

Maybe it's just my perspective but three years doesn't feel like a very long time to me. I could imagine someone reminding someone of something every three years (Okay not a warning like what you got, bad example!)
I want to know if ghosts have calenders! πŸ˜† Could the timing between the dates be significant to the messenger?
Also, just a thought on time based on my own perception of it, at times, if you have no conception of lapsed time (as I often don't), you might treat events as if they occurred yesterday, because your memory of them is sharp. For example I often freak people out who I've not conversed with in years by picking up the topic where we left off. Might be something similar going on, on the other side. I like to think time is perceived differently on the other side too. Has anyone ever calculated these types of paranormal time discrepancies? Are there any patterns?

Thanks for sharing, I like your ghost who cussed too. One of the most amusing experiences on here! πŸ˜†
Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-03-28)
Hi Miracles

That's a very interesting concept. My understanding is that time does not exist in Spirit as we know it. Time for us on a basic level is night and day as our planet spins around a star, which, in turn, gives us clocks, calendars etc to measure how long that process takes.
We are bound by gravity which means we are limited to how quickly we can physically move through space.

All those things are not present in Spirit, apparently, so time as we understand it doesn't exist there. Anyone who has been in a dark environment for long periods of time without a watch or any way of knowing how much time has passed can attest that you quickly lose track of how much time has actually passed.

Not sure about anyone else, but there have been times when I have been awoken by an alarm, then hit the snooze button, gone back to sleep and proceeded to have an epic dream in what appears to be 30 minutes or more for example, in "real" time, only to be awoken 8 minutes later, leaving me puzzled as to how all that seemingly real-time "action" fitted in to a very small period.

Regards

Mack
KikiGirl (8 stories) (207 posts)
+3
7 years ago (2017-03-28)
Miracles51031, what thoughtful and emotional experiences to submit, thank-you for sharing the idea with us. 😁
Your experience resonated with me, deeply.

Could Bart have been referring to the news of an illness? Or realization of a ingrained fear? Also, if you feel that it was a message of Herb's passing, it does seem like quite a long time. It's strange, how premonitions can happen, I suppose. There is no guideline or strict rules that apply. Perhaps, you were in the right space at the time to somehow, amplify or boost the ability to either; communicate with or prophecy with your sixth sense or the invisible / paranormal world?

Additionally, because of your reluctance to pass on the message which I understand, it would be difficult and news not very well received, perhaps there was something else or another event that transpired after you received the message that is unknown to you? I know, it won't be long sounds very imminent or ominous, but, it could be something else like; a car accident, change in religion, a bond in a marriage re-enforced, a change at work, a medical issue, information on a friend or any number of other things.

Sorry I didn't have more knowledge about this or answers that I can say are 100% accurate. Your gut is usually right, though. One day, at least we will have the answers for all our puzzling questions.
PriyankaMenon (2 stories) (41 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-03-28)
Yeah I have read some articles related to after death and past life that time does not pass quickly for dead ones. Few seconds for dead ones might mean years in case of living.
Mazzmarach (2 stories) (78 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-03-28)
Ahoy Miracles,

Taking into consideration the law of relativity, it's entirely possible that time is different for the dead than it is for the living.

Smooth sailing,
Mazz
roylynx (guest)
+2
7 years ago (2017-03-28)
This is again some "Eastern" traditions, this time from Taoism. I found it might relate to this story and you question
.
It is believed that when a person passed away he/she will be judged by 10 "Underworld Judges" (or if you wish angels), the first 7 judgments will be held every 7th days for 7 weeks after the person passed away. Relatives still alive cannot have any celebrations (not even partying and drinking alcohol) during those 49 days.

The 8th judge will be held on the 100th day after the person's passed away. 9th judge 13th month after the person passed. The final judge 3rd year after the person passed.

Maybe it was the result of the 10 judging, I don't know why I want to mix everything with some Asian believes but it makes sense for me that way. Mr. Bart's spirit might be free to go anywhere before the first judge starts and after the final judge. You know, people have free moments (could be days sometimes) in between judgment days? Just my own theories.

Thank you for sharing!

Warm smile from SΓ£o Paulo
E.Lynx
Argette (guest)
 
7 years ago (2017-03-28)
Time holds no meaning in eternity, I guess.

Three years isn't that long, really.

Is Edith still alive? Has Herb passed on yet?

Well told and sensitively rendered, Miracles.
Manafon1 (6 stories) (712 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-03-28)
Hi Miracles--Your account is a very nice example of how time, as we know it, doesn't exist in the afterlife. I hope Randy chimes in on this one as research he has been involved in really supports the idea that there is no consideration of time in the spirit realm.

I have always felt that some, but certainly not all, "residual" apparitions are actually spirits revisiting places they were connected to in life but as the spirit is coming from a realm where time doesn't exist, they appear to our human perceptions as a ghost repeating acts over and over again, when in reality it's our brains that can only perceive the tip of the proverbial iceberg. A thought from a spirit, without time as a consideration, could conceivably take decades to play out. A human then, witnessing an apparition appearing in the same spot doing the same thing over an impressive amount of time, would only perceive a very superficial aspect of a thought from a consciousness being transmitted from"the other side".

Your account does nicely support the idea that what, "won't be long", from a spirit's perspective, or might be might be a blink in their ghost eye, might be a sizable chunk of time from our perspective.

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: