You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Vanishing Boy

Real Ghost Stories

The Vanishing Boy

 

This literally just happened and I made an account to post it.

I was at my old Primary School and I thought I was the only one there. After a couple of minutes of chilling out I see a boy walk past on the other side of the playground. He's about my age and wearing a dark blue hoodie and tan jeans and he moves to walk around a corner.

I go to follow him and I turn the corner but he has literally disappeared.

I obviously am scared and confused, and spend about two minutes standing there shaking. I'm advancing forward, wondering if I was just slow to follow and if this kid was smoking weed somewhere. So I start checking spots as I nervously walk past. I pass a dead-end and see the kid again, walking towards the dead-end. I do a double-take. Gone.

By now alarm bells are ringing in my head so I run to a friend's house--he lives next door to the school. I see that he is having dinner so I talk to his cat without disturbing him and make my way back onto the school.

I see the boy looking directly at me through a wall of tires so I get out my phone and take a video. I can see him on my phone. I say "There he is, behind the tires". I pause the recording and start advancing towards the tires, but he ducks out of sight. I continue filming.

I'm at the tire wall now and nearby is some concrete ground with a snakes and ladders board painted on. While I do not see the boy, some small stones are audible and I myself see them land as if thrown carelessly at me. By now my phone is shaking.

I make my way around the school, still filming, but my phone runs out of space. The moment I stop filming, I hear a loud crash directly behind me so I sprint towards my friend's house again and climb over the metal fence that the school erected.

I'm now tapping on a glass door to try and get their attention when I hear the fence make a noise as if it's being climbed over. I'm eventually let in and explain my story to my friend and his mum. I show them the video of the tires--"There he is, behind the tires"--but the boy isn't on the video. There is empty space where his head was looking at me.

My friend is spooked and his mum is interested in the story. Friend's dad drives me the short walk home.

What the hell just happened.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New Zealand

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, itsMiatch, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

itsMiatch (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-05-08)
I appeared! I sort of regretted my "I won't participate" option as I thought I'd lose interest in the site.
I'll answer as many questions as I can for now.
Sheld999, the boy was above my height (probably 195cm) and I couldn't make out much of his hair as he was wearing his hoodie over his face. It was brown and he looked normal for this time and day.

Whitelightlady, said friend has never heard of this person until now.

Flex, hi, in regards to the video I'm slightly ashamed to admit I babbled a bit and I might be self-conscious enough to edit some of it out, but I'll try to find somewhere to put it in my spare time.

Melda! In New Zealand it was late afternoon but got dark VERY quickly. I had walked ten metres while pausing the video and it is very noticeable!

Tweed--I go for "walks" but mainly go to visit the friend I was talking about. I get sick of people calling me autistic at school so why not think alone in my old primary school?

I answered all questions I could find, sorry for making a wall of text...:
Argette (guest)
 
7 years ago (2017-04-03)
Melda, I also think it's kind of pointless to submit a story without being available for give and take. It seems that the point here is to determine what kind of situation the OP faces.

Sometimes clarification is needed.

I suppose, though, people have their reasons...

Thanks for understanding. I'm really nervous about the changes in the law that were voted on recently by our illustrious reps in Washington. I'm considering closing all my online accounts.
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-04-03)
Argette - Thanks for the point! I understand why you were upset, you've had enough "clowning" with your other devices to drive anybody crazy! So I had no hard feelings towards you anyway.

I'm pleased to hear that I'm not the only one who finds it pointless for people to submit stories if they aren't prepared to participate in discussion. I feel that commenting on those is like talking to fresh air.

Oh well, perhaps he'll decide to grace us with a comment or two after all 😊

Regards, Melda
Argette (guest)
+1
7 years ago (2017-04-03)
Melda, I agree, and I gave you a karma point to make up for being upset about clowning the other day.

I think OPs who fail to participate damage their credibility. It's a bit like saying, "No comment" when accused of something.
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-04-03)
Melda, you're not the only person who gets annoyed at that. A lot of the time people select the wrong option by mistake. I usually comment anyway, half the time they reply and/or have selected the wrong option.
Miatch, if you could upload the vid that would be great. Errm just out of curiosity what were you doing in the school at that time by yourself?
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+3
7 years ago (2017-04-03)
Oh my word, this is the second time I've been caught like this in a matter of two days! I DO NOT want to comment if the author is not prepared to participate in the discussion.

Yesterday I mentioned in a comment that I would in future read the author's expectations but once again I failed to do so before commenting. Entirely my own negligence 😆. Am I the only one who feels this way when somebody refuses to take part in the discussion?

Anyway itsMiatch, please do yourself a favour. If you participate in the discussion there are very knowledgeable, experienced members who can give you a lot of insight into your experience. (I am not suggesting that I am one of them).

Regards, Melda
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-04-03)
itsMiatch - I assume you have done everything possible to rule out the fact that this boy was a normal human being.

However, normal or paranormal, I too would have been more than a little confused if I came across somebody/something behaving in that manner! Peering at me, throwing stones, a loud crash? Rather scary.

Was it still light out? You said your friend was having dinner, so it was probably very late afternoon or evening. In fact it could even have been eight or nine at night!

Can you clear that up? Perhaps I missed it somewhere in your story but I don't think so.

I am looking forward to your reply and further opinions from members.

Regards, Melda
Flex (9 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-04-02)
Are you able to upload the video you filmed? It could be useful for us to help you out good sir.
whitelightlady (1 stories) (13 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-04-02)
Greetings Itsmiatch, has your friend ever seen him before? Very strange, but not surprised. Thanks for sharing your story and keep us updated.
Integrist (83 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-04-02)
Whatever it is, it was trying to get your attention. Best to stay away from it: you have no way of knowing what it is or what it wants.
sheld999 (14 stories) (74 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-04-02)
Sounded like he was playing a trick on you (the ghost boy) could you describe height/hair like style of hair to match the year/decade

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: