You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: The Woman In The Car

Real Ghost Stories

The Woman In The Car

 

The more I think about this experience, the more I realize how scary this was. Seriously, this story screams exorcist. I can't understand how I had just brushed it off without feeling any fear back then. Alright, let's start from the beginning.

This was somewhere last year (2016 in case you are reading this a couple years into the future from this point). It is around 4PM, and I decided that I should get some sunshine. I walk out of my house and start making my way to a small park in the neighborhood. After around 5-10 minutes, I am almost at the park.

I want you guys to feel like you were there in my shoes, so here is the layout: I walk out from a street going strait. At the end of that road I am facing a street going from left to right. Beyond the street are trees and wilderness (that isn't important). Still on the sidewalk, I turn to the left (to make things easy, let's just call the turn I just make the Turn). There, on the other side of the street, about 100 feet away is the park. You would have to cross the street to go to it.

I continue walking until I am almost about to walk across the street to get to the park, which was almost right across the road from me.

Ok, sorry for the interruption, but either I saw something or I am freaking myself out. I am laying in my bed while writing this. I look to the right for a moment (If I looked to the left the slightest bit I would be looking at my bedroom door). While I am looking up, I swear I see something like a shadow (with no shape) go in front of my door. It was in the air going from left to right. At that moment, I legit jump out of my skin. Sorry, I have no one to talk to right now, so I just decided to type that so I could feel like I was talking to someone right now. I feel better when I talk to people.

ANYWAY, I am looking up at the moment so I could cross the road. A car passes. Inside, I can see a woman. She was looking directly at me. I can't seem to decide an estimation for her age for some reason, but I would say she is middle aged. She had brown hair tied back into a bun and her skin caramel colored (but dull). There was no one inside with her.

Here is when things get creepy. As she continues driving away from me, She continues to look at me. But the only thing that moved was her head, NOTHING ELSE. When you turn to look directly behind you, you have to turn your upper body with your head. This women didn't. Her upper body never moved, not even her shoulders. As she went farther and farther away from me, her head kept turning towards me. When she had reached the Turn, her head was turned in A FULL 180 degrees. Yeah. By the way, I promise that I know what I saw and I promise that I am not exaggerating!

It doesn't stop there. Right when she got to the turn, her head suddenly snapped back to normal. Her head did not simply turn, but it jerked back, like when you take something and twist it. Once you let it go, it would instantly turn back into place. That's what I saw, except it was with her head.

I find it strange, because if you were to see her, she would just look like an ordinary woman. Could she have been possessed or something? Or maybe she wasn't even human, because her head turning a full 180 degrees and snapping back into place like that is NOT NORMAL!

There is also one more thing that I remember. The expression of her face. When she looked at me, it seemed like she looked... Sympathetic. It looked like she felt sorry for me! Why? I have no clue!

What do you guys think what happened? I really want to know. O.o

Other hauntings by ThePhoenixIsHere

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ThePhoenixIsHere, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-04-15)
Greetings, Phoenix & gang.

Lady-glow, I think that the video clip is camera trickery; disturbing & cool, yes, but a trick. I've been laid up for several days with a mere pinched nerve in one shoulder; a spinal dislocation that profound would not only wrench all of the nerves, but also crush the windpipe, tear the aorta & jugular, and sever the spinal column.

I'm with RC, Rook, Mack, & Shelby on this because there are far too many details to isolate what you saw from what your brain may think you saw. (Have you seen "Brain Games?" I stopped after 1 episode because I got 8.5/10 on catching the tricks, but it was educational in a way...)

Best,
Biblio.
shelbyloree (5 stories) (285 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-04-11)
People see some wierd stuff in cars. Reminds me of reading something where a guy stopped his car and looked over at the next car at a light. Inside were two grey aliens, one driving and a passenger, both in blonde wigs and sunglasses. In the backseat was one more, dressed like a baby/small child.

No revelatory here, sorry, but that image gets me rolling every time. Same with this one. The weirdness alone would have had me in stitches the rest of the walk to the park. The way it snapped back may indicate an optical illusion, as in the thing (mirrors, sunshine, etc) was done and normalcy resumed. I would hope so anyway. I wondered how she didn't crash if she wasn't watching the road at the Turn. Eyes on the road, lady!

Or, for a supernatural explaination, could have been something that didn't realize human heads don't go like that and it made an adjustment suddenly. You caught her eye, but sheesh, lady, staring is rude.
Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
+3
7 years ago (2017-04-06)
What I really don't understand is why on earth didn't she just use her rear vision mirrors?

SO dangerous to take your eyes off the road like that...

Regards

Mack
KikiGirl (8 stories) (207 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-04-06)
ThePhoenixIsHere, this is an absolutely unbelievable, frightening and fascinating experience! Wow!

It seems to be one of those situations where one might say, "I wish I saw that", but then when you do, you wish you had never ever seen it! 😁

I have no idea how this could happen!

Could she have been playing a trick on you? I have a one year old niece at the moment and she has a few cute and fluffy puppets. Sometimes, I put the puppet next to me when we drive so it looks like their is a little critter moving about in the car to other drivers. Weird? I agree, but, it was just the once, okay?!
Paranoid_believer (1 stories) (35 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-04-06)
Sitting on the fence on this one. Besides who's a contortionist? Someone plss enlighten me
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-04-05)
To be honest with you... There is not enough information that leads to any single outcome. So let's try a few questions...

What were the weather conditions...sunny, partly cloudy, overcast?

What kind of car... If not make a model then do you remember 2 or 4 door? Or was it some type of SUV?

Position of the sun in relation to you and the car? (could have caused a mirror like or even mirage type effect)?

Did the car have head rests installed?

Thanks for sharing...

Respectfully,

Rook
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-04-05)
NO NO NOOO ghaglhg GOD! File that under ' 😨 '! Okay I WAS going to ask a contortionist mate about this but now I don't have to. 😲
Phoenix I don't know what that lady was but I'm going to go out on a limb (worst pun ever) and suggest she was amusing herself with her cool/scary party trick. 😆
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
+7
7 years ago (2017-04-04)
Interesting story, though not necessarily paranormal.
Have a look at this creepy video:

Https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xy9Fcqfz0MU

I guess it is possible that the lady in car was a contortionist, and an irresponsible driver, she should know better than taking her eyes away from the road.

Thanks for sharing.
RCRuskin (9 stories) (815 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-04-04)
I should probably avoid this site while getting ready for bed...

I know those passive restraints can hold me in position pretty well, but they do still allow a bit of movement, so it seems unlikely to me that the woman did not turn her whole body. However, I'm curious about one thing: was there any reflection on the car's window?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: