You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ouija Board / Seances :: A Nice Lad Called Ed

Real Ghost Stories

A Nice Lad Called Ed

 

So I made this makeshift "oujia board" on a scrap piece of paper at my English class in school back in 2015/2016. I know that a lot of people people warn to "never play on this" and that it's dangerous but I did it (with my friends).

This experience is not terrifying at all.

DISCLAIMER: I did everything wrong with the oujia board.

It was an A4 paper and with a pen I just wrote the basic yes, no, numbers and alphabet (I forgot to write goodbye). I used a 1p coin to navigate around the page.

I played it during break time, I placed my finger on the coin and just started it out with saying hello.

The first round I did it by myself while my friends watched. I said hello and the first "spirit" I encountered started spelling G-O-O-D-B and I said "goodbye" trying to spare it's energy and it zoomed to "yes".

After this one of my friends reminded me how I didn't put hello or goodbye on the page so I was like oh no, so I got my pen and scribbled hello on the top and goodbye at the bottom of the page.

This time I wanted to be more polite to the entity so I greeted them with "good morning, would you like to have a discussion with us?" and 2 of my friends joined and placed their fingers on the coin (so like now there are 3 fingers on the coin).

The entity said hello and we asked for it's name in which it spelled E-D, so we started calling this guy "Ed". We were all interested in why he was here but we all agreed that we didn't want to be rude to him as some people don't like sharing personal information to others, so before asking serious questions we asked if he'd be okay with it and luckily he was.

We thought he was related to our English teacher but he wasn't, and he didn't even go to the school, nor did he die on the premises.

He gave us his age and the date he died (2008), but had no reason why he was there, later on we asked about how he died in which he said a car had something to do with it, he also named where he died, which was a forest nearby our town.

One time we moved on and asked him about his family, and got down to the fact he had a brother in which he replied D-E-A-D, at first we thought his brother was dead as Ed was fairly old himself but one of my friends suggested (out loud) that Ed's brother is dead to him, in which Ed went to YES really fast, which scared us a little.

However Ed is full of banter, for example he'd often throw us off by answering our questions weirdly by going to random letters, in which we often ask "Ed, are you joking with us?" and he goes to YES, we also asked him whether he thought he was funny (himself) and he said YES.

Ed's a nice lad because he cares about our education, as whenever the bell rang to indicate the end of break he'd say GOODBYE, we even asked him if he cares about our education and he said YES.

One of the questions we asked was whether anyone in our friendship group had a ghost on them, our fingers (on the coin)  went of the board and went on the edge of the table pointing to one of our friends who often said that her house was haunted.

We naturally stopped contacting him slowly afterwards.

I tried to speak to him again recently because I wanted to ask him whether he was okay with me sharing the story but I couldn't find him, so sorry Ed if you didn't want me to share your story.

Other hauntings by uju13

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, uju13, has the following expectation about your feedback: I won't be reading the comments.

KikiGirl (8 stories) (207 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-04-06)
lady-glow, I'm not sure how to feel about the people selecting the option "I won't be reading the comments". I do get really exasperated, upset and sometimes infuriated when people come on the site and write up a significantly life-changing experience which entails danger, physical harm or emotional harm and then, never reply to any of the comments thereafter. Often, the poster is ended with the wording, "please, I need your help. I don't know what to do." But, the readers and supporters of the Author never know if the person received our help, suggestions or comments.

Uju13, I was truly fascinated by your story and I had a few things that I wanted to share. Your story is so unique and yet, I have no reason to share any further comments.
valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
 
7 years ago (2017-04-05)
lady-glow,
Unfortunately, because posters have that option (and it is offered them) we can't reject a story based solely on whether they'll be reading the comments or not.
I guess the upside, if they have checked that option, is we aren't waiting for the OP to answer any questions we might have.
2nd1st (1 stories) (118 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-04-05)
I don't claim to have much knowledge of these things, but is signalling goodbye sufficient to safely close the session?
Also I understood there was some process (for want of a better word) around opening a session in a protected manner?

I've never used a board and don't plan to, but in general terms my understanding is that attempts at spirit contact have mental processes associated with them to facilitate a safe open and close?

Not that ed sounds at all hostile, but you never know who else is picking up the proverbial phone too
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-04-05)
I don't understand why you cared so much about being polite to "Ed the ghost" but have no problem being rude by not reading the comments of the people who took the time to read your experience.

MODS: would it be possible to stop publishing the stories from 'repeated offenders' whom have submitted more than one story under the option "I won't be reading the comments"? I know some people get confused when choosing the expectation part but so many others have proven that they only want to see their masterpieces published, no strings attached. 😠
I am not criticizing the wonderful work you do running the site but I feel frustrated after seeing so many stories in which the OP' s don't seem to give a damn about our opinion and time.

... I hope it gets better once spring break is over...

Thanks.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: