You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Cherokee Haunting

Real Ghost Stories

Cherokee Haunting

 

This series of events took place between myself, my uncle and one of my best friends while we were in high school. I want it to be known that my uncle is only 2 years older than me and lived with me at the time. My uncle and my friend were dating at the time of these events. I was only present for 1 of the happenings.

The entity is called a Skili. As I understand it, this thing is the product of Cherokee black magic of sorts. A person can send out part of themselves in a shadow-like form to harass or harm someone who they have an issue with, while they are physically in another location.

As I said, my uncle "A"and friend "B" were dating. They were out at the city lake one evening with some of my uncles friends just walking around holding hands. There is a tree lined walking trail around this lake and as they walked, "A" told "B" not to turn around and to keep walking. This really scared "B" and she kept asking why he said that and "A" just continued to tell her not to turn around in a low tone.

According to "A" this entity was following them in the darkness.

Later on that night, my uncle was getting dropped off at home and as they pulled up, everyone in the car saw a human/Sasquatch shaped figure in the field outside the home. It had continued to follow their crew all the way to our home. My uncle "A" got out of the car as his friends and girlfriend screamed. He began to throw rocks at the entity and it began to run across the field. When they could no longer see it, his friends and girlfriend left and he went inside.

A few days later, "A" and I were sitting in the living room watching tv in the evening. I hadn't noticed anything until my uncle pulled out his pocket knife and began to breathe heavily. I looked at him and at that moment I could feel the change in atmosphere. I could tell that we were being watched. I asked "A" if it was here. He shook his head slowly indicating that it was indeed near us. I looked around calmly and noticed a soft gold glowing figure right outside the kitchen window across from where we sat. I decided to just go to bed cause it felt weird in there. When I laid down I had the door open and hall light on. Something filled the doorway to my room in shadow. I froze in my bed. I began to quietly pray and demand that all evil leave my home. Just before it left my doorway, it let out a deep guttural growl and then disappeared.

My uncle later told me that this thing had been following him for weeks. It eventually went away, but he never told me what he did to get rid of it...

Other hauntings by Caves2016

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Oklahoma

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Caves2016, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-04-11)
Maybe what surprised witnesses take for wandering is actually a fairly determined tromp to a specific destination but folks just wouldn't think to consider that the creature has a 'mission' because they are too busy thinking ''OHMYGODBIGFOOT!" Or perhaps it is somewhat difficult for the projector to get the hang of things like navigating and finding their bearings the first few times they project leading to a wandering appearance. Who knows? But it's interesting to consider:)

Wow, the ghost of an extinct cat wow... My mind just goes immediately to the sightings of armies marching through... Imagine seeing the ghosts of a prehistoric stampede!
Caves2016 (2 stories) (9 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-04-11)
That is an interesting take on it. I hadn't thought of that before! But possibly. It's something that someone else projects so I don't know that it would just be wandering around. Once they come back to their own body the entity is gone.
DirtCreature (guest)
+1
7 years ago (2017-04-10)
[at] Augusta M, that's actually a really interesting point. Some people believe Bigfoot is the spirit of an actual animal that used to exist. I remember an account of sightings of this extinct wild cat. It may be that Bigfoot is an entity just like the shadow beings described.
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-04-10)
Wow! What an interesting account! My cousins are Big Foot hunters (...they also have a few other 'extracurriculars' that tend to make me doubt some of their stories lol) - but could it be that many of the sightings that folks take for 'Big Foot' are actually entities like this one?
Caves2016 (2 stories) (9 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-04-08)
whitelightlady- this happened around 2006. I haven't heard if it did or not but the night I saw it was the last I'd seen of it.
Sheld999- no he didn't really tell me anything else because technically you're not supposed to talk about them. We all avoid saying the name of this entity out of fear of being attacked ourselves. So when I asked about more information he just told me, we can't talk about it. My friend did mention that it followed her home as well. She says she and her older brother were play fighting in her room the night after the event I described with my uncle and her, and they both saw it in her bedroom window and freaked out. I'm not sure how credible that claim is but I guess I could see that happening as she was important to my uncle and it was looking to harass him.
whitelightlady (1 stories) (13 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-04-07)
Greetings Caves2016
I enjoyed your story and am intrigued by it. I've heard of it before but didn't know what it was called. How long ago did this happen? I'm glad it went away and hopefully it never comes back.
sheld999 (14 stories) (74 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-04-07)
Did you uncle tell you what else it did with the encounter he had?

Enjoyed the encounter story

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: