You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Abandoned House

Real Ghost Stories

Abandoned House

 

It all started on a dark and dreary night when two friends and I decided to venture into this old abandoned house. As soon as we arrived at the house, we immediately noticed a difference in the energy being emitted from the house (as we have been there many times before). The energy was a much more overwhelming feeling than before and was a slight bit scary honestly.

We walked down the narrow sidewalk lined in bushes and made our way to the porch. As we stood there, we all started to feel like something just wasn't right and that we weren't supposed to be there. We were talking about how creepy the house looked and how at one time it was a gorgeous house, & suddenly I heard a laugh, not a full on laugh but more like a chuckle or giggle. I asked my friends if they heard it and they replied no so I was slightly creeped out and wondering if it was my imagination. We stood there talking for awhile and decided to go in the house.

We walked around and examined all the rooms and we ventured upstairs and sat on the roof that was above the porch. We were still talking about how beautiful the house must have been when it was occupied and how mad the family must have been now that it's falling apart and vandalized. We sat there for awhile and then we made our way to the basement. There was such a creepy and overwhelming sense of another presence there. We walked down the old broken flight of steps and into the basement. My friend Austin made his way toward the closet that was located beneath the stairs. It was then that the unexpected had become a terrifying reality. As he walked toward the closet, a bowl (an empty plastic bowl) flew towards him and hit the floor. It was very odd and we just stood there in disbelief of what had just happened. Within a matter of a few seconds, in which we were trying to fathom what had just happened, we heard footsteps, loud footsteps. The footsteps ran right past us and up the stairs the we came in from. We were freaking out. Yelling what the **** was that over and over then the footsteps ran and stomped throughout the entire house and we were terrified. We ran as fast as we possibly could, out of the basement and up a set of stairs that led to the basement from outside. We ran and we ran down the old grown-up driveway in complete shock. As we were running Austin said he heard another laugh and we left and went back to Donnie's.

We still talk about that night all the time and we tell people and I don't think they believe us but it will be forever by etched in my memory and the 3 of us know what happened that night.

Other hauntings by Aaron94

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Virginia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Aaron94, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-04-15)
Aaron94 - Well there's proof for you that uninvited guests are not always welcome 😨

Regards, Melda

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: