You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: A Ghost is Provoking Accidents

Real Ghost Stories

A Ghost is Provoking Accidents

 

Lately I have been getting hurt... a lot. I am not a klutz or anything, I know my accidents don't 'just happen'. Maybe I am getting paranoid and going crazy but I swear that there is something weird in this house messing with me.

I live in a tiny house and the people who lived here before (who were my boyfriend's aunt and uncle) both passed away, however not in the house. My boyfriend's mom thinks that the uncle is looking for the aunt and is still in the house. I thought that hauntings mostly happened in big houses but this place is tiny and practically everyone has seen something. My boyfriend's uncle likes to be seen sometimes, but he is very nice, which is why I think there is something else as well as him.

At least a few times a week I will be looking through the fridge only to stand up and crack my head on a cupboard door that wasn't open 10 seconds before. I have a soft spot from hitting my head so much because these things happen out of no where! The cupboard doors even have a hatch so that you need to pull them open they don't just fall open. Also I will be walking in the kitchen and the microwave door will pop open randomly and smack me in the face. I always have bruises all over my face.

Another thing that happened recently was there was a big snow storm and then the next day there was a rain storm and the towns water got contaminated. We couldn't drink any of it unless we boiled it first. Well the thing about the house is sometimes I will feel this cold that comes out of no where. I know it can't be my boyfriend's uncle because I always feel calm around him but this cold makes me so nervous that a lot of times when I feel it I will get sick. This happened and I was throwing up so I went to boil water so I would have some to drink if it happened again and I got sick. When the kettle finished I went to pour it out into a jug so I could cool it in the fridge. When I was pouring it, I felt the cold around my hand then something jerked my hand and the lid on the kettle like pulled off and I ended up burning my hand so bad I had to have it bandaged for like 2 weeks.

I also slip in the shower a lot. I will be washing my face and slip on the bar of soap which is always on the shelf. I know it could be coincidence but the soap wouldn't just fall off the shelf by it self like every other time I shower.

I could tell you the rest of the stuff that happens but I would be here all night. Like I said I might just be accident prone but sometimes I get really scared. The oven will get turned on in the night sometimes or I will wake up to the sink overflowing. I have to unplug everything because I am scared it will start a fire.

The worst part of this is that the only other person it happens to is one of my roommates. It doesn't happen to my boyfriend or his girlfriend or anyone else that comes over really.

Does anyone know what I could maybe do to help this stop?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ZombieKiller, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

kezza (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-01)
i watched a program on Tv about paronormal activity. In it they moved this ghost along, but afterwards the activity in the house got a lot worse and it turned out, with some investigtion that the ghost they had moved on was trying to protect they family from this dark entity. Could the Uncle be doing the same, if so how do you no you are getting rid of the right entity... Just a thought hope you get it sorted
X
Velvet (2 stories) (72 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-29)
I have to disagree with rizfre and agree with whitebuffalo. To my understanding there are ghost that linger in a home or location ect... Sometimes due to being killed, however they linger because sometimes they try to communicate with us. Sometimes ghost don't even know their dead and just linger. Negative activity in the household is also suspected for attracting ghosts. I have had ghost haunting me when I lived with my Mom when I was a kid. They would make noise in the house everyday around 4:30 am ish, it was not pleasant. I always slept with the lights and TV on. That didn't do any good either.
It is very controversial on why and how, either way I do believe that praying is helpful and I really hope the ghost stop harming you.

take care
Velvet
Cody13Smith (5 stories) (54 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-04)
normally preists and stuff are the way to go but they most likely won't work every story that has ghosts I have ever read that went to paranormalists and preists never worked out the way they planned it would
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-27)
I disagree. I believe that ghosts or spirits and angels are here to help us, not harm us. I have seen a myriad of stories about prankster ghosts, loving ghosts, informative spirits, helpful spirits...
On the other hand, there are some evil entities out there and that is where the protection of the angels come in (Or spirits, depending on your belief system. Angels and Spirits are basically the same in my belief).
As surely as I know that if the Great Spirit allows me one more day on earth and I wake up in the morning to another cup of coffee, I know that I am protected in my protection circle. Some may use a prayer circle, some may use meditation, but as long as the steps to protect ourselves and our families are in place and sturdy, nothing can harm us permanently on this side. Thank you.
rizfre (9 posts)
-1
16 years ago (2007-12-27)
Terryberry, since you are asking for help to stop these accidents from happening, I will tell a sure way to keep evil spirits from doing this to you. To my understanding
the spirit of a person either goes to heaven or hell when he or she dies, our spirits are not allowed to linger on earth. Therefore the spirit that you see is probably demonic spirit. To keep them from harrassing you is for you to become a child of God or christian. This is how you do it. Pray this prayer;
God I accept I'm a sinner. I repent and ask forgiveness from my sins. I receive Jesus christ as my Lord and Savior. Lord I give my life to you. Thank you Jesus.
After praying this prayer you become a child of God and He send His angel to protect you from evil spirits.
Elayne (2 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-26)
How do you know that the prankster is not the uncle? Maybe he is just having a bit of fun out of boredom, and only does this to the two of you because he knows that you can deal with it. As I saw earlier on this site, and believe to be true; not all the things that contact, or have "fun" with us are evil. And, unless there is someone around to bless the cross that you drew, most likely it would not work. If you are willing to try a cross( two pieces put together, in the form of what took Jesus life) or a crucifix(the same, only designed more after the Catholic branch of Christianity, has an image of Jesus attached to it) maybe you should have a priest come and cleanse the house... Could end badly for the uncle though
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-21)
πŸ˜† And I just hang on waiting for someone more knowledgeable to show up and take over the show! I have so many questions, I wonder if any of my comments really do any good as I am still searching too. Thank you for your understanding, Terryberry.
Terryberry (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-21)
Do not even worry about taking up space I still find reading about what you wrote interesting. I just never really know what to say haha so I just kind of wait until I do haha.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-21)
Sorry Terryberry, I seem to be taking up a lot of space on your page here...
Without giving up too much of my personal belief system, we get blessed with earth and water while both obtaining our name (at birth) or receiving our totem (USUALLY around our teenage years, though it has been earlier in some "stronger" indisputable totems. Sorry, I can not think of a comparable word) I guess that could be comparable to the oils.
Maybe I should ask Shane, but if your body is a temple and you bless a body in this way, would it do to bless a piece of furniture, say, the same way? I say the Blessing prayer, burn the sage, and use our fan, but am wondering if perhaps a bit more is needed as I do not think this is a residual haunting that is occurring. I think it is intelligent, but a chair is a central point possibly. Can that be? Can a spirit CHOOSE to stay behind, even AFTER a blessing?
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-20)
Whitebuffalo, sometimes a place will have to be blessed or cleansed more than one or two times. Also, if it were a residual haunting, in the documentary that you were speaking of, then a blessing or cleansing more than likely wouldn't work no matter how many times you did it. As I'm sure you already know, residual hauntings are merely recordings playing over and over again and aren't really the ghost or spirit of the person who died. Did you read that story, on this site, "Can a person create a ghost?" The pregnant lady who lost her husband in an accident. She cried by the sink and all around the house. Then she moved and her old neighbor said that the people that moved into the pregnant ladies home were seeing a ghost of a pregnant lady crying by the kitchen sink and all around the house. But the lady was still alive! After reading that, it really got my mind reeling! I wonder if residual hauntings are NOT just the remnants of people who lived there but have passed on. They say we only use 10% of our brain. I think that our brain, when used correctly and maybe unknowingly, can create many paranormal things or visions, like ESP. People that have special abilities have to be able to use more than 10% of their brain to be able to see the future or any other specialty they may have. I have so many questions and theory's.
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-20)
Whitebuffalo- You know, I guess I didn't really think about the drawing of the signs with the fingertips like how they do with the oils on peoples forheads(anointing)(sp?)someone or blessing someone that is maybe possessed by a demon, which is a whole other subject that I don't believe too much in. I know what you mean and it could work possibly but I think belief has MUCH to do with whether a symbol of something would work or not. I am big into belief of things in order for it to actually work. You know how people use the indian rituals to bless or rid the home of negative energy but they may not be indian theirselves? Well, maybe that works for people who BELIEVE in what they are doing even if they are borrowing it from another religion. I really hope you get what I mean. Sometimes I have so many things to say at once and unfortunately my mind gets a little boggled especially with a lot of loud noise around you from music on MTV from your 14 year old to 3-4 year olds running, screaming, playing, fighting! Kind of like what is happening NOW! 😭Anyway, like I was saying, I think as long as you truly believe in something it will happen for you, whatever you wish. Atleast with most things. ~Shelby ❀ 😊
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-20)
Thanks Mustang. I was watching a documentary that was trying to say that even though the building had been blessed and properly cleaned, the ghosts still remained. However, the people that were doing the cleanings and all were drawing crosses on the beams and door frames with their fingertips.
It got me thinking, so I wandered around the house looking for some sort of cross. We have many other religious symbols (of our beliefs) but not one cross. I wondered if the addition would help calm things down when they get rather "electric" around here.
Is it one of those things where it has to be of your belief, or can it be a borrowed belief as you can sometimes safely do?
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-19)
Hello, again! To answer your question about sending your boyfriend's Uncle to a bad place, that could and would not happen. However, if he choses to be around and you guys want him around then I believe you should firmly tell and I mean SPECIFICALLY tell this other being to scram 😠, but in a nice way. We wouldn't want to anger the spirits now would we! πŸ˜‰I think as long as you are specific on which ones to leave and the Uncle to stay in saying your demands it will all turn out as you wish. ~Shelby ❀
Terryberry (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-19)
Thank you so much for your great advice everyone. I am going to try all of them until it works. The only thing that kind of bothers me is that maybe we might accidentally send my boyfriends uncle somewhere bad somehow. I am sure he would be happier if he passed on if it is in fact him but we would all much prefer to have him around over taking a chance sending him somewhere he will be unhappy. Is there any way that we might accidentally do this if we like try getting rid of the other ghost? I am quite new to this stuff so I really don't know much about it.
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-19)
Excuse me Terryberry. Whitebuffalo- A cross is a cross but a crucifix is a cross with Jesus on it. Christians wear crosses and Catholics wear the crucifix. I'm not sure what other religion wears the cross or crucifix but I know as much as I told you. =)I personally do not think it would work by drawing it but if you think about it, people make the sign of the cross on there chest when praying so maybe it will work. Good question! 😊~Shelby ❀
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-19)
Excuse me Terryberry, I have a question for KimSouthO. Kim, if you do not own a cross, and you are in dire need of using one, would drawing one on a piece of paper and pinning it up work? Could drawing it on a wall with your finger tip (No lead or ink involved) work also? Do you actually have to HAVE a crucifix (Sorry, is a cross and a crucifix the same thing?) or does the symbol work alone?
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-19)
Hi Terryberry. You have received some very good advice here. I would have to say that you should try the smudging, it really does work.
While it is easy for us to tell you not to be afraid and that you must stop, it is hard. Even if you just take that deep breath and think "Alright, when I walk in there I will NOT be afraid", that will help. If you have to START out pretending not to be afraid, so be it, but try to be as absolutely convincing as possible.
Thank you for your story, I hope all of the advice you got helps you. Keep us posted, please
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-19)
Hi TerryBerry, From reading the comments of the others I would say you have received some sound advice. The only thing I can add is that after you have exhasted all the above options and they didn`t work (which I`m quite sure they will) I would move out. Take Care and God Bless You.

FRAWIN ❀
Ramzey (9 stories) (130 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-19)
This ghost knows you are scared and it's feeding off that fear. Show him you are not scared anymore - don't be! Tell it you want it gone from your home and way far away from you in the name of the Lord. I had to do this once. It worked too. Just don't be scared of it! I know that is really hard to do, but, I've read articles upon articles and that is one of the best ways to rid of it. Have faith that you can forbid this presence from harming you again. Have faith in the Lord. He will always protect you. Keep us posted, please.
luvparanormal (12 stories) (268 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-19)
I'm with shane the smudge ceremony really works and I'm sure that whatever the beleaves are for the rest they would be okay with either helping you perform it or you doing it yourself.
Good Luck and keep us posted.

❀
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-19)
It is possible that you have more than one set of paranormal 'occurances' happening. The uncle may be mild and not causing much attention, then there may be a poltergeist type of actvity. The uncles energy may have helped some type of other entity to enter through a port hole. Poltergeist activity generally settles down in a few months according to research and theory. I would like to recommend placing a cross in all rooms of the house, especially the rooms where you notice most occurances and the bed room. Tell 'it' you are not afraid during one of the occurances and you will not give it the energy from your fear any longer. Tell 'it' to leave in the name of the Lord.
If this does not fit within your beliefs, Shane has mentioned a smudge ceremony that is quite helpful, burining lavender incense is also helpful (and relaxing!)
Even if it is not the uncle causing the accidents, he is wandering the house looking for his wife or something and is not at peace. Tell him to go to the other side, that his wife is on the other side and he will have peace with her.

Good luck, keep us posted!
God Bless!
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-19)
You could always try the Native American smudge ceremony of which I have directions for here on this site under the articles section. Another thing would be to try and have the house blessed. Either way I would make sure that which ever path you choose doesn't violate the beliefs of the others in the home. Good luck and keep us informed.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-19)
Hi TerryBerry. I beliieve you may have two ghost in you house too. But maybe your boyfriends uncle is trying to get your attention? He might have chosen you. I do think some of these things happened by coincedence but I'm not sure about all of them. Try speaking to it. If it is getting you mad tell it firmly that you don't like that and tell it to leave you alone. I hope to hear from you soon and take care

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: