You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Aunt Who?

Real Ghost Stories

Aunt Who?

 

Many say that a "third eye" is usually active during childhood years. It may close once the child reach the adolescent stage but sometimes, it remains open forever. Mine was probably open when I was a kid and closed when I became an adult... Or is it still the other way around? I don't see the extraordinary right in front of my eyes but only in my peripheral vision. And sometimes I would see them only in a few seconds and they disappear. But what's freaking me out until now that I'm married is my ability to hear and feel that entities are just around the corner.

My story happened in between late 1980s and early 1990s. I was in grade school then. We transferred to our new house in the year 1986. The lot was quite wide, our house back then was a simple bungalow style and our fence and gate were made of wood. My Mom is a believer of the supernatural because she grew up in a town located south of Iloilo City and I have no idea that I would experience such too. It was Saturday. My parents were at work and me and my brother were left at home with the house help. I was playing ball at the living room, facing the window where I can directly see the gate of the house. I focused on the ball as I was dribbling it when my eyes turned directly to the gate. I then happened to see a lady, short haired, wearing a plain white blouse and floral skirt. She was heading out of the gate. I shouted, "Tita!" (Auntie!) and I to run out to chase her. Our helper was able to grab my arm and said, "stop shouting. You might disturb our neighbors." but I insisted that I saw my aunt. She is, by the way the youngest sister of my Mom, who took care of me when I was a baby. She is my closest Aunt. Our helper went out just a minute after I shouted and saw that the gate was opened and went out to the street to check if my aunt was indeed there. Usually, it would take 5-10 minutes to arrive at the village gate from our house if you are to walk. No sign of the lady. Our helper saw our neighbor outside, mowing the lawn and asked how long she has been there and asked if she was able to see a lady along the way. The neighbor said she was mowing for almost 30 minutes and no one has ever walked the street. Freaked out, our helper went back to the house and asked me if I saw the face of the lady. I said no, it was just the back portion. Our helper was puzzled. She said it can't be an intruder because none of the things were taken nor an attempt to enter the house. I just stared at her, blankly.

That night, the incident was reported to my parents. Mom asked me who I saw. I answered, "Tita Tata" (Aunt Tata). Mom said, it can't be my aunt because she lives in the south and Mom was not notified that she will be coming over to visit. But still I insisted. Mom and Dad just looked at each other like they know something.

Other hauntings by ProvincialLady

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ProvincialLady, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

ProvincialLady (2 stories) (5 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-05-17)
[at] toosexysof
My parents knew there were entities in our house which I am not aware of that time. Nothing went wrong with my aunt, physically. Just at that time, there have been family issues going on. Thanks for reading my story 😁
toosexysof (4 stories) (18 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-04-23)
Nice story, ProvincialLady, but there are some things I'd like to ask.

Was the aparition you saw someone else other than your aunt? When you mentioned that your parents looked at each other to affirm something, did that mean something not good happened to your aunt for her image to been elsewhere or they knew of a ghostly presence already and they were able to confim it through your experience?

I've had a similar experience and the reason why I saw that person was that something wrong happened to him.

Will be waiting for your reply

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: