You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Tagaytay Episode

Real Ghost Stories

Tagaytay Episode

 

This is one of my many experiences about paranormal things while traveling. My friends and I decided to spend time with each other since we've hardly seen each other because of our work. So we planned a 2 days,  1 night stay in Tagaytay, Philippines. This experience happened last  March 11, 2017.

For those of you who might ask,  Tagaytay is a really awesome place here in the Philippines with a temperature ranging from 24 - 27 degree Celsius sometimes lower. I wasn't really prepared for this trip coz I  just recently came back from my previous trip (Paluan Mindoro). But I already said yes to my friends and I don't want them thinking that I don't have time for them so I just packed my travel bag and joined them.

It was already lunch time when we arrived in Tagaytay. So there we are enjoying the sights,  taking selfies and groupies with the breathtaking view and enjoying the cool fresh wind. It took us the whole day to visit the sights and to taste the foods and products presented there. We checked in on a hotel that was near Calamba road. Our group was compose of 4 girls (including myself).  We got a room that was big enough for the four of us.

After eating dinner, we settled ourselves in front of the laptop (my friend's laptop)   for a movie we have been anticipating to watch,  when one of my friend (let's call her N) began suggesting to full blast the aircon because according to her it was hot. I told her that it was so cold in the room so there's no need to open the aircon (it was really cold that night maybe 19 - 20 degrees).  Another one of my friend (S)   also began suggesting to full blast the aircon. I looked at them skeptically telling them that there's no need to open the aircon coz it is so cold. Our night ended with the 4 of us fighting. Since I'm just as tired as them,  I agreed on opening the aircon for their sake.

After some minutes of watching the movie,  we turned off the laptop and head straight for bed. That night, I couldn't sleep well. Maybe because I was still pissed off from our fight. I got up from bed and went to the wash room. But when I was making my way to the wash room, I saw S being uncomfortable on her bed. She keeps on turning from side to side and cursing about how hot the room is. At that time, I kind of panicked and woke up one of my friend (J)   and told her about S. We rushed to S's side and tried to wake her up but instead of waking up, she just keep on producing sounds like the one you would produce if you are being torture or something. J said it must be some kind of medical issue and N (a registered nurse) was already fast asleep so we couldn't ask her for any first aid techniques. This isn't normal I told J. I was really creeped out that night that I went and slept next to J who was also creeped out. We don't know what to do so we just pretended nothing has happened and forced ourselves to sleep again.

The following morning, we asked S if she's alright and if she still feels hot. S told us that she's fine. We told her what happened that night and she said she can't remember anything. The only thing that she can remember was this dream that she had wherein she was being chained in a dark room and someone or something was placing hot charcoals on her body. Being a scaredy cat,  I suggested to them that we visit the church nearby and light some candles so that nothing bad would happen to us.

We returned to Manila that same day and still keeping in touch until now,  planning future trips that we hope we can enjoy without any creepy encounters.

Other hauntings by Zaruje

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Zaruje, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Anubis_return (22 posts)
-1
6 years ago (2018-04-20)
I agree with lady-glow, perhaps because of the room itself it has presence that makes the room hot or what not.

But zaruje, good on you mate! ❤
Blackmoonmage20 (1 stories) (58 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-04-24)
hi filipino here! Napaclick ako agad nung nabasa ko Tagaytay:) maybe haunted yung hotel na napuntahan niyo po?
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-04-20)
Apparently spell checker felt lucky. Just noticed a typing error in one of my comments. I meant to say 'stifling' not the other word. Talk about a blunder.

Sorry Zaruje I seem to be making a right pigs ear of your thread. I'll be quiet now.
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-04-20)
Sorry Zaruje, I misspelled your name.

505050+C

YGS says: "Please compose a more complete sentence":

'Alright'.
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-04-20)
Hi Jaruje,

Have your friend look into 'hyperthyroidism'. It's a condition her GP can address. Usually diet changes can clear it up. Discomfort, especially of temperature, usually induces nightmares. There's an abundance of reasons she felt hot, does she still experience things like this? By the way the place you visited sounds really nice.

These days 20C to me is 'hot'. But growing up in 45+C with NO aircon, you haven't lived until you've done that. A couple of days it reached over 50C, it was raining spiders on the front veranda. Poor blighters couldn't take the heat. Looked pretty cool though, dangling from their webs like sinister stalactites.

Side note to Mack, I have a theory that women who complain about the 'cold' and insist on blasting the heater to stiffing levels don't dress sensibly. Like a summer dress in the middle of winter with the heater on full blast. For goodness sake. Also, what's the deal with tissues? Chicks be collecting tissues in their bags, I don't get it.
Questions like these I ponder way more than I should.
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-04-20)
Zaruje - I shouldn't even comment because I honestly don't know what happened in your room that night.

Perhaps your friend was ill and had developed a fever?

Regards, Melda
BeautInside (3 stories) (326 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-04-20)
It seems to me those were all natural causes Zaruje 😊
Your friend S was unconfortable because she was feeling hot when she fell asleep, had a nightmare that reproduced her state ("someone or something was placing hot charcoals...") and made some strange sounds due to the torture she was suffering in the dream. But in my opinion that was it.

In any case, I enjoyed reading your account.

Blessings.
Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-04-19)
Ok, so clearly someone needed to throw a toothbrush at that air con unit, or at "N" or even "S"? Sorry - too soon? 😆

Hi Zaruje - it's hard to ascertain what the paranormal or ghostly experience was here as lady-Glow as pointed out. Anyone who has worked in an office environment will know that there's a constant "battle" about what temperature the room should be. Seems like your friends couldn't agree, maybe some were running a temperature?

From my experience, generally women feel the cold more than men. Some women much more than others. (I've had stationary supplies hurled at me by females for leaving a door open to our office because I almost couldn't breath due to the heat!)

The noises your friend was making and the inability to rouse her suggests she was deep in sleep or unwell but I wouldn't think there was anything in your experience that we could say was absolutely, or quite probably ghostly or paranormal.

There appears to be many well documented cases of temperature drop when spirits are present, but temperature drops don't always mean that they are. Temperature increases as far as I'm aware don't signify spiritual activity or presence either (unless you've been very naughty and ended up in "that" place).

Others may differing views / advice no doubt.

Regards

Mack
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-04-19)
So..."S" had a nightmare and four girls couldn't agree if the room was hot or cold?
Is that all? 😕

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: