You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Alarm Clock Unplugged

Real Ghost Stories

Alarm Clock Unplugged

 

I had set the alarm clock for 645 am. I woke up on Thursday, at 704 am and missed the alarm. I checked the alarm clock, and it was still set for the correct time. Then again on Friday, I made sure the alarm was set for 645. And again it did not go off. So, I figured its an old clock and I'll just get a new one. I get another new updated alarm clock with a brick plug. Monday comes around, I had set alarm for 645, and again it does not go off. I checked to make sure I set it right; it was unplugged. I figured maybe the cat unplugged it. Tuesday comes around, again no alarm; I woke at 5 am heard someone walking, didn't see anyone. When 645 came around, no alarm. The brick plug was laid on top of the alarm clock. Wednesday same thing except heard the walking noises at 515. Again plug was laid on top of clock. Here it is today, Thursday, no alarm; noises were at 538, and again the brick plug was on top of the clock. All the nights when I heard the walking noises, I checked kids and they were fast asleep. Going to change locations of my alarm clock tonight to see if it happens again. I have felt a presence in my home and can sometimes see an older woman in the kitchen, by the fridge, walking to the door. I also have a dark blob just over my shoulder, floating no substance. I usually see spirits in human form and have not encountered this dark black blob before. It may be the reason for the shenanigans with the alarm clock. That, or it doesn't want kids to go to school on time. I'm very curious what moving the clock will do. We shall see.

Other hauntings by ButterflyBabe

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Oregon

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ButterflyBabe, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-05-07)
Thanks for all the feed back and comments concerning 'motion capture' when it comes to phone applications.

I also did some research on my own and discovered that 'Motion Capture Apps' for phones are able to work because of the 'auto-focus' feature built into most (if not all) phone cameras.

As long as the 'view' in front of the camera remains unchanged then nothing is recorded. As soon as anything enters the 'view finder' that causes the auto-focus to be triggered, recording begins and that footage can be reviewed...

The downside, your camera is always 'ON' waiting for something to 'focus' on. As far as I know 'true' motion detection will leave the camera 'off' until movement is detected, then turn the camera on... Thus saving battery life and or power.

Thanks for the opportunity to learn something.

On to the next.

Respectfully,

Rook
RCRuskin (9 stories) (811 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-05-05)
Miracles, having worked in the Cable TV industry, we either call them converter boxes or cable boxes. Cable boxes can do more, and often include DVR features. Converter boxes just decode the signal and don't always do HDTV.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
7 years ago (2017-05-04)
ButterflyBabe - I have had similar things happen with my alarm clock. Sometimes it feels as if whoever is turning off my clock is doing it to help me (migraines). Other times I think they are just messing with me LOL

I've also had weird happenings with the power surge the TV in our spare bedroom is plugged into, as well as a cable "box" (don't know the official term) in our living room.

Footsteps: yep, know them well.

I enjoyed this because I can definitely relate 😆 Thanks for sharing it.
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-05-04)
Bielli, my comment was just for laughos. I don't mind one way or the other what an app does or doesn't. I'm not that taken by smart phones. Sometimes it's fun not to take everything seriously.😉

Butterfly, have you considered the wiring might be faulty? Think about it why else would someone insist on switching things off. We switch everything off at the power point in our place, except the fridge. It just makes sense, it's not in use, switch it off completely.

Err on a more alarming note back in the 1990's there were some dodgy alarm clocks which started fires. Alarm clock technology probably hasn't had much need to advance much. Perhaps switch to a battery powered clock instead. Or use your phone as an alarm. Not sure if you can do this on a smart phone but on a 'dumb' phone you can set the alarm, switch the phone 'off' completely and it'll still switch on and wake you up. Problem solved. Well alarm issue anyway.
Get your wiring checked.
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+3
7 years ago (2017-05-04)
I agree with bielli - download a motion sensor camera app. I have used one too - called Alfred - to monitor my kitchen when I was having pest problems so I could identify what kind of pest I was up against. It was sensitive enough to be turned on by the movement of a roach eleven feet away in half darkness. And it was completely free, honest:) I am not sure if it can pick up a ghostie but it couldn't hurt to try. I also purchased a motion sensor alarm kit for out fire escape from Amazon $15 - works like a charm, no camera but I know if anything is out there, which could also be helpful in ButterflyBabe's case.

Detection suggestions aside, an interesting account, ButterflyBabe. I don't know where you are in Oregon but I have family around Klamath Falls - there were internment camps near there for Japanese civilians during WWII maybe your entity is in some way tied to the strife of that era if you are anywhere near one of them. There were also quite a few battles between Native Americans and settlers in Oregon that may be at the heart of your haunting. If I were you, I would do a bit of research on the areas where your home has been parked since this business with the clock began - might give you some answers:) Keep us posted and good luck!
bielli83 (5 posts)
+5
7 years ago (2017-05-04)
One would think that if your mind is open enough to believe in the paranormal that you'd be able to believe that there is a free motion recording app:

Https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/presence-free-smart-home-motion-security-camera/id618598211?mt=8

There are app upgrades, but they aren't necessary to record 5 minute clips after detecting motion. Not sure why this seems so unbelievable to some of you. I've used the free version, it worked perfectly fine. I thought we were all on here to help each other out, not get in a pi$$ing match over a gadget. Anyway, I'm over it, will move on to other posts and will probably make my first posting within the next few days.
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-05-04)
But at least you get a window sticker, Rook. At $195, why stop at one. 😆
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-05-03)
I whole heartily agree with trying to video what may be happening... But after visiting the web site for that app I did NOT see a 'completely' free option... With the exception of the 'software'. I still believe that the downloading of an App CAN NOT, WILL NOT change the physical abilities of a phone or pad no matter who builds it.

Respectfully,

Rook
bielli83 (5 posts)
+5
7 years ago (2017-05-03)
[at] rookdygin - respectfully, everything you said about the app I suggested is completely false. To be clear, I am not part of the "app community" in any way, not sure if you were inferring that I was "trying to take advantage of folks who are looking for inexpensive ways of collecting evidence of the paranormal." I'm a boring accountant, new member, and was just trying to positively contribute to the forum.

I've used this app for FREE to monitor my apartment when I had a repairman come in while I was at work.

The only catch is I think you need two devices - one as the cam and the other as the controller. I used my iphone as the controller and ipad as the cam device. But to be clear, it all 100% FREE. There are upgrades to save recordings to the could, but nothing about sensors or other tech stuff you need to buy. Iphone, ipad, that's it... And it will record unlimited clips up to 5 minutes each clip... For free.

In any case, I was just making an innocent suggestion to the poster so that maybe they can try to record the activity using devices they already own, without going down the rabbit-hole of what are the best gadgets and cams that the pros use.
roylynx (guest)
+1
7 years ago (2017-05-03)
Aha! Rookdygin is right.
Sorry this is a little out of topic but free apps are free apps, ask ANY investigators out there they will at least have a knowledge on how meaningless those apps are. If you are really thinking of setting a "motion-activated camera", it is the cheapest to order a proper one.

E.Lynx
roylynx (guest)
 
7 years ago (2017-05-03)
Wish-Not, Hi sir!
Yes, thanks for letting me know, I was just puzzling things together to make it easier for the OP to give us more information. Cheers!

E.Lynx
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+5
7 years ago (2017-05-03)
We have had discussions about 'Phone Apps... Ghost Hunting Phone Apps' on YGS before...Here's how this one 'breaks down'.

"There is a free app called Presence..."

The 'software interface' for your phone is free the 'basic' package costs "$199.95" and includes...

2x entry sensors, 1 motion sensor (because a software app CAN NOT change the HARDWARE in/on a phone), a presence gateway and a window sticker.

So before you can use this Downloadable app as a motion capture camera you need to purchase a motion detector at the VERY least and if you wish to ensure it works with the FREE APP you have downloaded then you NEED to purchase, at the very least, the minimum package they offer. Yours for only $195.95 plus shipping and handling.

I wish the APP building community would STOP trying to take advantage of folks who are looking for inexpensive ways of collecting evidence of the paranormal.

Respectfully,

Rook
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-05-03)
I think RC is bringing up a point here Roy. Butterflybabe stated a "blob" not a orb. I will venture to state these are two different kinds of critters completely.

I interpreted the "black blob" as what I would considered as a black mass. Naturally I went straight to what I have experienced. We'll wait to hear more from Bfb. Maybe she can described in more detail.
roylynx (guest)
 
7 years ago (2017-05-03)
RCRuskin, thanks for answering my tiny little "huah?" there LOL yes, I found no reports on orbs doing any such actions too, not even an ectoplasm, some other stuff I guess.

ButterflyBabe, To say more, do you travel frequently too? There might be places that you should not have been and you accidently stepped into, you like one of those Holy lands in some parts of the States, I don't know, for now all we here can do is guess. More information please?

E.Lynx
bielli83 (5 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-05-03)
Since this was happening so frequently, why not set up a camera to record? There is a free app called Presence that basically turns any phone or tablet into a motion-activated cam and will record. Set that up on your night-stand so it stares at your alarm clock and see what it captures. Just a thought...
RCRuskin (9 stories) (811 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-05-03)
Orbs, by themselves, I don't think they can unplug anything, Roy. Just my take on that.

Butterfly, you indicate other events going on in your life. Could you elaborate, please?
roylynx (guest)
 
7 years ago (2017-05-03)
So you live what I call as inside of a camping van? Interesting, is the van rented or did you buy it second hand? Or did you own it for years and had some accident? Oh, do you see spirits constantly in the van? If it is just your vehicle, I really do not know what to say other than asking those questions to try to help out.

The black blob which had been following you... Hmm... Can any orbs unplug electric strips? Some information for blobs or orbs for you, the darker it is the stronger the energy it is and it can be dangerous.

Blessing from São Paulo
E.Lynx
ButterflyBabe (2 stories) (2 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-05-03)
Thank you everyone for your time reading my happenings. I should clarify I live in a 1975 RV. The foot steps were the floor creaking as if weight on the hardwood in the kitchen portion, where the alarm clock is set up. I sleep in the cab over portion of the RV. So, I know I'm not sleepwalking to create these happenings. Yes, my alarm is digital with weather information as well. When I waken and hear something I look around which I can see the entire space of my home. I never saw anything when footsteps were heard so, I figured nothing was there and went back to sleep. As for the black floating blob it has been following me around for months. I have experienced other paranormal activities in previous homes. As far as I can tell only the alarm clock gets messed with. Today, instead of being unplugged or alarm being off, the entire electric strip was flipped off. It is a 6 plug surge protector. Took me a bit to figure it out. I'm very curious.
roylynx (guest)
+1
7 years ago (2017-05-03)
Wow! That's weird indeed!
I shall guess that this spirit there wants a peaceful morning that probably may have had their life during a war period, I don't know why but I have heard that most bomb alert was in early mornings, people whom lived during the war, did not just wake up to go to work, they woke up and got readied to fled. Just my opinion.

Oh yes, was the foot step "booty" type or just ordinary "shoe" type? Yes, and where did it come from? Your own room?

Also for the presents that you felt and see in your house, do you know any history of the place you live in? Did you try to do a research?

Blessing from São Paulo
E.Lynx
Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-05-02)
Hi ButterflyBabe

Thanks for sharing. Are you able to clarify some points in order to paint a fuller picture?

I assume your alarm clock is an electric digital one?

The first few times when the alarm failed to go off, was the clock unplugged? Or was the alarm just not going off?

Are you waking in the night randomly and checking the time? I do that myself, so if you are, I assume the clock is plugged in and working? If so, are you sleeping in every morning and then finding the clock unplugged upon your awakening?

The time when you awoke at 5 AM and heard someone walking, was the clock plugged in then? I assume you then went back to sleep?

Where are the footsteps coming from? Your room? The hallway? The whole house?

So you are awake at the early hours of the morning, seeing the clock plugged in but then falling asleep again? You're doing very well to fall asleep again after these unsettling events?! Personally I'd be wide awake and probably up out of bed!

How long have you felt this presence and experienced the "blob"? Have you experienced other things like this before, in other houses? Is there any other objects being tampered with? Have your kids seen / heard anything?

Sorry for all the questions... But need the "gaps" filled in order to hopefully advise / assist / help...

Regards

Mack
Argette (guest)
 
7 years ago (2017-05-02)
Whoa, that is very weird! I hope you will post a follow up in the thread here. I'm thinking poltergeist, but I'm intrigued with the dark blob.

By the way, welcome, Butterfly Babe and thanks for posting.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: