You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Light Show in my Bedroom

Real Ghost Stories

Light Show in my Bedroom

 

My brother and I were renting an old house in Longview, WA. This house was apparently built back in the 1920's. My room was in the basement. Well, it basically WAS the basement. All the lights and electrical plugins were on the same circuit controlled from upstairs. Rather than going upstairs to turn the lights out when going to bed, then stumbling down the stairs afterword, I would just unscrew the light bulb above my bed. This way I could leave my computer on and still have an alarm clock.

One night, I unscrewed the light bulb just like every other night. I went to bed and quickly fell asleep. At about 5am, I awoke to a flashing light in my room. I opened my eyes and saw the light bulb which I had unscrewed was turning on and off very fast. I figured someone must be playing with the light switch upstairs but I looked at my computer, and it was on. If someone had been playing with a switch, the computer would have been affected. I laid in bed for several minutes watching the light flick on and off. I didn't feel afraid at all, in fact the only reason I hadn't got up is I was hoping it would stop without me having to get up. Lazy I guess!

Finally, after a period of about 4 or 5 minutes, I got out of bed. As soon as I was standing, the light stopped turning off and on, and just went to fully ON. The light bulb had completely screwed itself back in.

I tried to pass it off as electrical problems, until I remembered what my brother's old roommate had told me before I moved in. He had said that one night he had woke up and saw a shadowy figure standing over him. At this point, I was too awake to sleep any longer so I got up. I went upstairs and watched a movie. When my brother got up, I told him about the light show. He told me that everyone that had lived down in the basement except for him had had an experience of some sort. Some just had gut feelings, others like me had seen something unexplainable.

I talked to several friends about it and ended up talking to my girlfriend's mom (of all people) about it. I was in the middle of my story when her friend came over (who was supposedly psychic). I had met this woman once before, and barely knew her name. She knew very little of me, too. She asked what my girlfriend's mom and I were talking about. My girlfriend's mom told her I had had a light show. She stared at me for several seconds and got visibly upset. She said somewhat franticly, "It's trying to tell you you're going to have a bad accident..."

She looked at my girlfriend and said, "Does he drive fast?" To which my girlfriend replied, "Yeah, kind of..."

She got more upset and said, "You need to slow down! It's trying to tell you you're going to have a bad accident!" She paused for a second while staring at me some more, then said, "But you won't get hurt. Someone else will..."

I didn't know what to believe. I wanted to think the woman was a quack, but then... How did she know I drive fast? Even my girlfriend's mom didn't know my driving habits. I thought about this for some time, and decided to take things a little more carefully for awhile.

A couple weeks later, a spring pack came apart on the rear axle of my lifted jeep wrangler. The center pin had snapped and some of the leaf springs actually came out on the road! Just a tiny piece of the center pin kept the axle for flipping around and causing an accident. If I hadn't been taking things easy, bad things could certainly have happened.

Ever since I moved into this place, I would hear footsteps upstairs when no one else was home. This happened to be a duplex, so I would just pass it off as being the neighbors somehow. But after this experience, I paid more attention to the footsteps and determined they don't come from the neighbors' side of the house. They come from directly above me. All the other people that had lived there have heard these footsteps.

Other hauntings by therealcombat

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Washington

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, therealcombat, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Dreamer_ (4 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-09)
Hi, I read your story again and I still think it's so cool. Your very lucky that you got a ghost that warns you about something bad that's going to happen.
Dreamer_ (4 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-09)
I love this story. It's creepy and wierd. I'd be scared.😨 I'd want to move upstairs. Did you? But not too far. (not to the attic)
ghostlovr (2 stories) (54 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-02)
I think you story was weird. Just lke you I hear foot steps when I'm in the basement when knowone else is home. When yo got in the accedent was anyne else in the car with you? I'm just courise.
luvparanormal (12 stories) (268 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-26)
Let's just hope and pray that this one was the "accident" and not that it has not happened yet. I know that sounds harsh but I would be worried specially when she said that you would not be hurt, but someone else would.
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-26)
Hello again therealcombat! Although I LIKE Wiccans, I'm wondering if it isn't 'she' who accidently brought something to your home or bedroom? I'm sure since she is your friend, you will tend to defend her and say, "NO, absolutely not!", however, even if you are a 'good witch', you tend to bring unsavory things into this world unknowingly! Also, I have not only read on the paranormal, good and bad, I have also read on the Occult, good and bad and know that anything you do will come back 3x's fold or 10x's fold. I guess the number of 'folds' depends on how 'bad' you are! HA, HA, HA...
Anyway, if this is the case or you think it may be, "CLOSE THE DOOR NOW"!It may be something different all together! ~Shelby ❤ 😊
therealcombat (2 stories) (11 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-24)
[at] mustang:
I felt the same way. After this happened, I told a few friends about it. One of them just happened to be a Wiccan. She brought over a bottle with a cork in it that looked like it belonged in World of Warcraft. She said it was Holy Water and told me to sprinkle it in my room. She explained that it would make the ghost go away. I told her that if it was warning me off something bad, I'd rather keep it around and I gave her bottle back.
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-22)
Hi therealcombat. This is an interesting story. I wonder if a lot of the visits that we get from the 'other side', may be warnings of some kind?! You were very lucky to have a psychic and a psychic ghost on your side. Thanks for sharing your story. Keep taking it slow on the road. My brother was hit and killed by a young man who liked to speed. ~Shelby ❤ 😊
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-21)
Thank you for answering our questions so quickly, therealcombat.
But you also said right before your quote of your quote 😊 that the psychic friend of your mother said "But you won't get hurt. Someone else will..."
Before you were given this prediction you knew virtually nothing about her, except in passing. Likewise for her. She just happened to be present in a time of need and then offered you this warning.
Part of her prediction came true, part one. The accident. You ACCIDENTALLY found the problem before it became disastrous. Right after you accidentally had this opportunity to share your dilemma with her.
As to the word "bad" (i.e. "bad accident"), The word itself is one that could be taken in two ways. Probably more, I am a bit out of the loop. 😊
What has captured my curiosity is whether or not someone, around the time you were on this road, somewhere down the length of it, got into an accident.
I am not trying to be a wise cracker or debunk your story. I totally believe you. The question in my mind is whether you changed anything in your heeding of her warning. Other than YOU not getting in an accident.
Did this act prevent someone elses injuries? Did that prevention prevent... And on down the line. I had an experience once in a cemetery that I am trying to sort out in my head. But that is a question you can not just blurt out. As I seem to have proven here. 😆
Sorry, and thanks again.
therealcombat (2 stories) (11 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-21)
No accident happened. I said, "Just a tiny piece of the center pin kept the axle for flipping around and causing an accident. If I hadn't been taking things easy, bad things could certainly have happened..."

I didn't realize until later that this might have been what the light show was all about. It could have been coincidence, but who knows? I think about it quite often. I might not have even noticed the broken center pin if I hadn't been paying attention to stuff like that. I think if it wasn't for the light show, and the subsequent foretelling of my future, I would have had a pretty crazy accident.

I'm no longer living in that house, but after that incident, I payed close attention to anything like that again, however, nothing more happened. Except for the footsteps upstairs when no one was home but me.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-21)
That is very interesting. I would certainly pay close attention when these 'incidents' occur. It could have been a coincidence with the predition and poltergeist activity, but... I would also ask the question that whitebuffalo asked, was anyone hurt?

Keep us posted,
God Bless!
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-21)
I have one question first, therealcombat. WAS there someone else that got hurt in this automobile accident? The rest of your girlfriends mothers friends prediction seemed to be right on the mark, how about that part?
I would say that there may have been an entity trying to see if it could get your attention, therefore it stopped playing with your light when you got out of bed. It knew you had seen the light show.
It does not really appear to be anything other than a benign entity playing with the people of the house. Nothing bad has really happened, am I right, or is there more to that part of the story? Very interesting.
Thank you for sharing your story with us.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: